Good Work MA

Keyboard map is not gone, it's on F10.
Also, READ THE NOTES! :)

But it is actually gone from the action library, i did read the notes but didn't realize that i could drag the new F10 to something else there , i had F10 for other stuff of my own previously... they phucked up so many of my shortkeys... but thanks!

I love how there are 5 pages of pro and con responses of people riled up from the post of a self proclaimed troll.

Well done!!!!

:lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup::lolup:

Trolling is seriously lost on these people. I mean I'm always trolling, but it's always meant in good humor. I was pretty surprised by some of the shit people were pm'ing me. Zero chill, and no sense of humor. And of all the stupid offensive shit I've said on here, "geriatric old farts" has been the one that has caused the most rage. I guess I touched a nerve.

Trolling is seriously lost on these people. I mean I'm always trolling, but it's always meant in good humor. I was pretty surprised by some of the shit people were pm'ing me. Zero chill, and no sense of humor. And of all the stupid offensive shit I've said on here, "geriatric old farts" has been the one that has caused the most rage. I guess I touched a nerve.

Troll what you want i guess, i actually got some helpful info in the midst of trolling from some nice people, so, well trolled?

Troll what you want i guess, i actually got some helpful info in the midst of trolling from some nice people, so, well trolled?

Nah my mistake was not temporarily setting aside the troll persona for what was genuinely meant to be positive feedback to MA in the face of a crapload of negativity. When you're always joking around it's hard to be taken seriously sometimes (except for the people who take you way too seriously). I should have left out the smartass remark altogether and my message would have carried more weight. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

I consider myself a geriatric old fart and found it funny. And people letting you know how much they were hurt is like a critical damage dealt & your trolling skill improved message at the same time :cool:

Personally, I don't find removal of fundamental features and dumbing down of a system so that it appeals to people who just want to drool on themselves while they play revolutionary.

The camera is clunky and only offers limited option of over the shoulder(s) and drastically reduced ability to zoom out. No crosshair customization any more. No ability to remove the cursor flash (at least you can with mob flash) when you hit a target. No way to easily look around your avatar, that I've seen, without a camera snap-back function.

Don't see any real benefit to any of it other than that listed in the first sentence. Get your drool cups ready.

All great points. Fact is as a gamer this VU is just bad!! It's awful and no other way to look at it. Removing the way you like to play a game and removing customization that made the game fun is just bad in every way.

MA just removed more players from the game and this new system isn't going to gain more players. So it is a Loss all around. The active players will go down instead of up until they add back ways to let everyone play again.

I find it scary how many complain about things that are actually clear. I ask myself: Are you stupid? or just lazy? or both? Much could be answered easily with questions. I found out the most important functions in a few minutes. The rest is reading and tasting. Of course it costs time, and yes: you have to get used to it, but to complain without meaning and understanding, just because you do not understand something is stupid and childish

Nah my mistake was not temporarily setting aside the troll persona for what was genuinely meant to be positive feedback to MA in the face of a crapload of negativity. When you're always joking around it's hard to be taken seriously sometimes (except for the people who take you way too seriously). I should have left out the smartass remark altogether and my message would have carried more weight. Lesson learned.

This somehow reminds me of:

As for the story itself, it was entitled "The Dancing Fool." Like so many Trout stories, it was about a tragic failure to communicate. Here was the plot: A flying saucer creature named Zog arrived on Earth to explain how wars could be prevented and how cancer could be cured. He brought the information from Margo, a planet where the natives conversed by means of farts and tap dancing. Zog landed at night in Connecticut. He had no sooner touched down than he saw a house on fire. He rushed into the house, farting and tap dancing, warning the people about the terrible danger they were in. The head of the house brained Zog with a golfclub.

I want to know how to pick up my vehicle

Takes a brave man to accept our own mistakes. Need to spread Rep before i give again to you but do keep up with the positivity.

Hehe, I must be a real ass hole because when I try that admitting thing most just say F-you, so I quite trying. If you don't believe me just look at practically any of my posts.;)

Now that my old brain has adjusted a bit I'll admit the lock target is very effective, as long as mobs are infront of you and you keep a bucket beside you so you can throw up every 30mins due to camera wobble. Oh, and you also need a loot pill because you can't zoom and move the camera around to loot the mob if it moves off screen.

Seriously though, the system feels like it could be great but needs a hell of a lot of polishing and adjustments.

I think it only wobbles because you are out of range, hit the run key and it stops for me anyway. After the kill hit the F key and it will run to mob and loot. Much better than the old way IMO.

What the fuck are you still doing here?

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR POSTS is negative, offending, whining, whatever other negative adjective there is. If you are so unhappy, just leave and save us from all your negativity.

Usually i dont agree with Detritus, but im with him on this one. Geriatric people, mispleased with evolution and change. :scratch2:
Just so you know that reply will rate a neg rep for you from him. I think I have had 2 or 3 from him and he is an ass hole. I know I will get another and I am sure I would have more but you can give them every day or that prick would LOL, Here's to L you sorry ass :beerchug:

It's not just the geriatric old farts that don't like change (although I'm probably one of those) but it's also the disabled who have difficulty adjusting, especially when a number of features have been removed (auto-tool and next target were a Godsend for me, but now I doubt that I can physically play as much as I used to)

I agree, got the same problem, which adds to my frustration

I would guess I am older than any here. You can PM and I will tell you my age, but we can say I have Medicare:).

I am play a little over 11 years and this is the best ever for me, for hunting.

Is the "keyboard map" action gone too? I can't seem to find it in the action library anymore, had to redo a lot of shortcuts, annoying that i can't find the "keyboard map" anymore. Have to open up the "Edit Panel" and click the icon with my mouse to get the keyboard panel up (also can't drag that icon to any key).

try F10 for KB and "L" key to edit same. BTW L key start the KB with the "*" global config.

ya pretty dumb that they put it somewhere else. there's no pick up vehicle. to take off your VTOL you must jump but wtf do you do to turn on the headlights?

Hold F key on Veh and menu pops up.

Last edited:
8-10 hours and not a single shudder over a mob WOW.

I have yet to stand over a mob and shake and shudder. That is great! Also with using lock target it does not move to another target because it had to spin around for the "Select Target" from before. There are several other things that are much better but I think it is enough to say that with the new VU I have cut my normal run time from a third to a half of what is was before, depending on how thick the mobs are.

Like I said before best ever VU IMO.

First Impressions

I'd watched the preview videos, and I had the release notes on hand. I've spent some time learning to walk, run, drive, hunt, etc, but have not been on the forum.

I wiped my key maps and started fresh - my old setup was getting cluttered and I want to embrace the changes - and by the end of a few hours I was really enjoying it. Other than swapping out Jump and Toggle Cursor mode, which I just couldn't deal with, I found the controls were really smooth. Overall interaction is so much more obvious once getting used to F and Lock Target, still had no problem hunting manually.

I love the tool tips in inventory for Armor and Weapons, with stats and attachments listed.

It was cool when sitting in car to zoom in on dash.

I can't wait to see what the movie makers do with the new camera...

Overall very impressed out of the gate, hope the fixes and tuning go as smoothly.

Peace, Miles (who is also old)

Last edited:
I'd watched the preview videos, and I had the release notes on hand. I've spent some time learning to walk, run, drive, hunt, etc, but have not been on the forum.

I wiped my key maps and started fresh - my old setup was getting cluttered and I want to embrace the changes - and by the end of a few hours I was really enjoying it. Other than swapping out Jump and Toggle Cursor mode, which I just couldn't deal with, I found the controls were really smooth. Overall interaction is so much more obvious once getting used to F and Lock Target, still had no problem hunting manually.

I love the tool tips in inventory for Armor and Weapons, with stats and attachments listed.

It was cool when sitting in car to zoom in on dash.

I can't wait to see what the movie makers do with the new camera...

Peace, Miles (who is also old)

Totally agree. With some play and watching and reading I also like it. We have 9 + 1 keyboard configs. I think like 4 would be enough for hunting. One for small, one for medium and one for large mobs plus the global (*) for TP chips, vehs and armor sets etc. I don't dance or need that emote stuff lol.

Actually I had to reset my KB to defaults a little while ago because I could not get to the * config. After 11 years mine were screwed anyway and I really just use a couple anyway because I just hunt.

Overall very impressed out of the gate, hope the fixes and tuning go as smoothly.

Random findings:

My GPU (a lowly 520M) seems to run cooler than before (at same settings ofc).

I like that feeding pet no longer turns my focus from the terminal I'm standing at.

To be continued.

Meh...

Happy to see there is an update, because wth... I was already wondering what the hell happened...

My whole keyboard is fucked up, all my buttons have been changed... My change of mouse type (cursor vs crosshair) is now a jump button, my jump button us now use tool, my auto use tool is now also normal use tool, my hall of fame button is now an interact button, my keyboard settings button is now a hall of fame button etc etc etc...

Wth?

I understand you make changes to the game, but why do you screw up people's keybinds this much? I guess probably some functions have been deleted or whatever? I haven't checked yet, but that is the only reasonable idea I can get to why you would do this. But then at least just delete the keybinds that have been changed, but not reset the whole damn keyboard which I've spent so long to actually create a nice keyboard setup for me...

Autotool and next target is now deposited on the "F" button, and works wonderfully. The next target function is even smarter than before.

I can win a lot from the innovations. It may take some getting used to, but I do not see a reason to complain .......

Greetz

Can you explain me please, because for me it doesn't work...

I have 4 mobs around me, I click F, it focuses 1, kills it, and then it just looks at the ground.
I can click F 300 more times, my guy just keeps looking at the ground...

I gave the new update a try, but....
1. This is extremely slow in hunting, the new auto use/next target thing is completely broken for me, I have to switch my camera view every time I kill a mob, then click F again, and move, for which I would need 3 hands all the time -_-
2. The camera is constantly following the mob, apparently you cannot look around you anymore while shooting a mob, which I don't really like. There is still a free camera, but when you use it, and then stop, camera goes automatically back to mob, so you can't just keep your camera around to already look for a next mob, which makes hunting extremely slow, but also the camera movement makes me sick (literally, I'm not saying this in a bad way, I mean literally I get sick from the camera... It's like sitting in a car of someone who just learned to drive and can't drive at all)
3. It's annoying in third person that when I shoot, and then I heal & then shoot again, that when changing from gun to heal, it zooms out, and then changing to gun it zooms in again... Why change the zoom??? if a player chooses a zoom, it kind of makes sense that that person actually wants that zoom, so why does the game change my zoom all the time? Same issue here, it makes me sick.

And I really tried it guys, but the "it makes me sick" is really literal... I actually puked...
I feel extremely bad every time I try to hunt now, and I haven't been able to hunt longer than 5 minutes, cause I had to run to the toilet...

Tbh, for me, the joy of a game is gone when I get sick, so if this doesn't get better, I see no other option than to stop playing... And please don't get pissed off by this post, I'm not saying anything bad about the update... It's just that I literally puke from the movement cause it gives me the same feeling that you can have on a boat, or on a bus or on the backseat of a car or stuff like that: having to puke & feeling dizzy. And that's weird, cause I never had that from a game before...

It's not that I want to stop playing, or that I don't like the update, but if I cannot play longer than 5 minutes without having to puke, than it's kinda unplayable for me :s

I really hope I'm the only person with this issue, cause i don't wish it to anyone else...

Now that my old brain has adjusted a bit I'll admit the lock target is very effective, as long as mobs are infront of you and you keep a bucket beside you so you can throw up every 30mins due to camera wobble. Oh, and you also need a loot pill because you can't zoom and move the camera around to loot the mob if it moves off screen.

Seriously though, the system feels like it could be great but needs a hell of a lot of polishing and adjustments.

Exactly the thing that I also feel. Apparently I'm not the only one getting sick by the camera movement :(
I just hope it will get better in time, maybe we'll get used to it, but for now, I just can't play longer than a few minutes without puking :(

On a positive note: I was trying to lose weight... Maybe I'll lose some this way!

Can you explain me please, because for me it doesn't work...

I have 4 mobs around me, I click F, it focuses 1, kills it, and then it just looks at the ground.
I can click F 300 more times, my guy just keeps looking at the ground...

I gave the new update a try, but....
1. This is extremely slow in hunting, the new auto use/next target thing is completely broken for me, I have to switch my camera view every time I kill a mob, then click F again, and move, for which I would need 3 hands all the time -_-
2. The camera is constantly following the mob, apparently you cannot look around you anymore while shooting a mob, which I don't really like. There is still a free camera, but when you use it, and then stop, camera goes automatically back to mob, so you can't just keep your camera around to already look for a next mob, which makes hunting extremely slow, but also the camera movement makes me sick (literally, I'm not saying this in a bad way, I mean literally I get sick from the camera... It's like sitting in a car of someone who just learned to drive and can't drive at all)
3. It's annoying in third person that when I shoot, and then I heal & then shoot again, that when changing from gun to heal, it zooms out, and then changing to gun it zooms in again... Why change the zoom??? if a player chooses a zoom, it kind of makes sense that that person actually wants that zoom, so why does the game change my zoom all the time? Same issue here, it makes me sick.

And I really tried it guys, but the "it makes me sick" is really literal... I actually puked...
I feel extremely bad every time I try to hunt now, and I haven't been able to hunt longer than 5 minutes, cause I had to run to the toilet...

Tbh, for me, the joy of a game is gone when I get sick, so if this doesn't get better, I see no other option than to stop playing... And please don't get pissed off by this post, I'm not saying anything bad about the update... It's just that I literally puke from the movement cause it gives me the same feeling that you can have on a boat, or on a bus or on the backseat of a car or stuff like that: having to puke & feeling dizzy. And that's weird, cause I never had that from a game before...

It's not that I want to stop playing, or that I don't like the update, but if I cannot play longer than 5 minutes without having to puke, than it's kinda unplayable for me :s

I really hope I'm the only person with this issue, cause i don't wish it to anyone else...

That is just about the way I felt, but as I said I had to return to the default before and I did take a SS of my key board ( suggestion from support) and that helped.

Trust me once you get the hang of it, it will be better.

Let me see if I can help.
1. You CAN over map any default mapping. If you want the F to be HOF then just map over and if you want G to show the keyboard and not F10 then map over.
2. Lock Target. I really like this one because you will only shoot that target (I think if look away, like straight down it will d-select or drop you weapon also, not sure ), or will not get caught by another when swinging around. I use Lock target instead of F key to select the target and then right click or F key to loot. Remember that the aim dot has to be on the dead mob to loot using either F or right click.
3.You can only select what you see. If a mob is smelling your butt ( :) ) it will not turn around and select it. If your head is down or straight in the air you can't see anything. You have to have the dot over the mob to use the F key to select the mob and again to loot it I think.
4. That zoom out thing with FAP is a bit annoying but I will trade that for NOT SHUDDERING OVER THE MOB for 5 minutes after the kill. Have not had one. Knock on wood:)

Hope this help.

Random findings, continued:

When converting shrapnel after running out of universal ammo while you continue using the same weapon, it now takes from the universal ammo automatically. Previously you had to unequip and re-equip first for it to work. A minor fix not bragged about, thanks.

Random findings, continued:

When converting shrapnel after running out of universal ammo while you continue using the same weapon, it now takes from the universal ammo automatically. Previously you had to unequip and re-equip first for it to work. A minor fix not bragged about, thanks.

But when you convert now shrapnel you have to select convert and to confirm it and not as with other confirmation Dialog you do not have the option to say I do not want this confirmation any more.

So again something that now takes much longer to do than before this VU like enter ship or any action you could access before by using right mouse button.

I used the F key tonight on my laptop while watching TV and that was the nuts. I hardly ever had to look at the screen. Got in a group of mobs hit the F key and waited until the shooting stopped, which of course meant the mob was dead, hit the F key and heard the loot ding and hit the F key again and off I went to the next mob. It was great.

As for the people above and wobbling if you hold down the W key and run it stop except the little bit on the sight, at least for me anyway. Also the wobble is telling you the mob is out of range because it stops as soon as you get in range. Hopes that helps.

The thing that get me a little woozy is when the shadows from the trees sway and give the impression you are moving.

Quite a few different observations from players.

Although I am seeing a little bit more of a trend to people coming to terms with this VU.

I myself am one of those geriatric players who dislike unnecessary changes, specially major alterations that completely alter years of doing it one way.

Having said that the first time I logged on every thing went so ape sh*t it did not take me long to log off.

I read up and followed most posts and most important read the notes on the update. Repeat Read the Notes.
They are somewhat involved and until you actually log on and redo the tabs in conjunction with the notes it is a bit of a mind stress.

So I logged on last night and after deciding to reset with in an hour was up and running and actually enjoying some of the changes.

My main complaint would be that this game is getting more and more computerised?? By that I mean it is becoming more and more like a lot of the other point and shoot games. One of the things that has kept me here all these years was the uniqueness of the play. Close to a real life scenario however enough make believe to play and relax.

In regards to the wobbles etc I wonder if peoples rigs power etc have any thing to do with these problems. I run on maximum and all was good.

Looking forward to log on again tonight and do some more fine tuning. There appears to many customisation ways to suit ones play

...a number of features have been removed (auto-tool and next target were a Godsend for me, but now I doubt that I can physically play as much as I used to)

auto-tool removed? no more auto fire, you have to click the mouse everytime you need to fire? am I understanding this correctly?

Back