Suggestion: Bring back auto-tool

Auto-use tool back on?

• Total voters

Phaser

Prowler
Society
TusaLusa
Phaser Phaser Chaos
The new system is ok, I guess, you did improve somethings, while you just change most of the thing by default.

No problem, I will lose 1 or 2 hours configuring everything you change.

But, no auto-tool?

I am sorry but this is a big no, no.

People will start using auto clicks again because the lack of this function, or use macros on keyboards and such.

Well, I do not have a keyboard with macros (yea I am poor) so bring this function back on.

For hunting, for the ones who were using "next target" and keep hunting fast the new system just slow things out.

Not to mention for people that have some sort of physical disablement.

So please, bring back the auto-tool function.

All the rest seams good.

Thank you.

p.s.
I just found out that even worse then that, now, using your system to keep shooting for the next target, if I do not have any creature in front of me, but several behind me, the avatar does not turn around to fire at those creatures.
"Next Target" is fundamental!

MA what have you done?

Last edited:
*and FFS if there are mobs in your radar infront of you, you shouldn't need to get to close range (weapon range) to use F to automatically select/lock a target and toggle auto usetool.

NEXT TARGET BACK PLEASE EVEN IF LIMITED TO 180 degrees infront of you!!

God....

Now changing from weapon to fap automatically it cannot be done without the auto-tool.

This is impossible to play.:mad:

I had gotten myself pretty addicted to the next-target auto-use loop, too, but at the same time always regretted somewhat the loss of the old game where you had to be a lot more attentive. First impression of the new interface is that it seems to bring a little bit of its spirit back. I will give this a thorough spin first before making up my mind. Let it sink in a week or two.

In those days we didn't have missions where we had to kill tens of thousands of the same - sometimes rather tedious and boring - mob to fulfil the mission. W/o autouse tool MA can pretty much scrap 90% of all missions. What retard at MA came up with this absolutely moronic idea and why didn't anyone say "Hey, wait a minute, is this really such a smart idea?" If they want to get rid of stuff, why not drop all those 14 pages of completely useless postures and emotes instead...

I had gotten myself pretty addicted to the next-target auto-use loop, too, but at the same time always regretted somewhat the loss of the old game where you had to be a lot more attentive. First impression of the new interface is that it seems to bring a little bit of its spirit back. I will give this a thorough spin first before making up my mind. Let it sink in a week or two.

The thing is, we all knew that the "next target" function was not 100% accurate or work well.
So, the answer from the Devs, is, instead of fixing, remove it.
That is bad work.

Bringing back the spirit of the old days is good, but when you have to kill 10k mobs for iron missions, let me know how is your spirit after 3 or 4 hours of killing with the new system.

All I say, give the players the chance to use that. It does not mean the new system could not work or it is bad.

If they want to get rid of stuff, why not drop all those 14 pages of completely useless postures and emotes instead...

:lolup:

I literally LMAO!

Last edited:
I don't expect to spend nearly as much time hunting without auto-use tool and select next target. But there's more: without those two actions, I can't cycle nearly as quickly, ie no more reason to deposit.

In practical terms, those two functions affect MA's income enough that they'll be back.

Those of us who have played a few years have seen similar extremes of botphobia before. Remember LEGO drinking-birds positioned over the Sweat key? That was a common solution in its day.

And one more consideration: Carpal tunnel.

add select next target to this fucking list.

game is absolutely unplayable for me now. what trash.

inb4 ios/android port

I don't expect to spend nearly as much time hunting without auto-use tool and select next target. But there's more: without those two actions, I can't cycle nearly as quickly, ie no more reason to deposit.

In practical terms, those two functions affect MA's income enough that they'll be back.

Those of us who have played a few years have seen similar extremes of botphobia before. Remember LEGO drinking-birds positioned over the Sweat key? That was a common solution in its day.

And one more consideration: Carpal tunnel.

Use interact with weapon equipped, its the same as hitting Next Target and Autouse at the same time. It's actually better than before with some practice.

I had the initial frustration as well.

Personally I feel it encouraged botting or behaviour where people walk away from the computer.

For example, when sweating. You see it all the time in sweat circles, some hapless avatar standing there all on their own trying to sweat thin air, when the mob is dead and the sweat circle is already 20 meters away.

Sure there will always be those with the skill to program some sort of bot, even without this functionality in place to make it easier. There is a saying though:

"If you can't stop the Pros, at least stop the Joes"

I voted to leave it out.

Wistrel

Personally I feel it encouraged botting or behaviour where people walk away from the computer.

For example, when sweating. You see it all the time in sweat circles, some hapless avatar standing there all on their own trying to sweat thin air, when the mob is dead and the sweat circle is already 20 meters away.

Sure there will always be those with the skill to program some sort of bot, even without this functionality in place to make it easier. There is a saying though:

"If you can't stop the Pros, at least stop the Joes"

I voted to leave it out.

Wistrel

AFK sweating is NOT A BOT FFS.

Looks to me a lot like you will need a bot now just to play. If I can't click on my icon to shoot at a mob that I'm not looking at and the only way to shoot is to look at it then why are there icons at all? I feel like they almost nailed it though perhaps missing one tiny little thing?

I think it might work if you could at least click the icon (left single, right auto) and the target is selected based on ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE. At the very least if I right or left click on a mob when my healer is equipped (this is very annoying) then the main gun I want to shoot with could be automatically equipped? MORE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE. You know, MA would do well to look into AI. I think it's something they are missing here completely.

There's no reason why this small AI couldn't run all the tools. Like when I click double or right click on the vehicle my tool should come up automatically (if there's more than one vehicle repair tool I should be able to select the default and to switch among them should be as easy as a mousewheel scroll). A left click on the vehicle should enter it; pick it up should be a double click. If I click on a player (out of PVP) then my healer should come up. If I click on a material in my storage my refiner should come up?

Oh gawd why is there a dialog now when I compact my storage. All these things are so distracting now. Nothing was ever really intuitive, but geez MA, that is what we want.

Last edited:
Seriously? There is no need for auto tool. Right click your mouse on target, and it auto shoots AND stops when mob is dead.
What I do want back is to be able to shoot at the edge of a mobs silouette. Now the hitbox center has to be in free sight, wich is a bit dull.

this is only a partial answer...

Seriously? There is no need for auto tool. Right click your mouse on target, and it auto shoots AND stops when mob is dead.
What I do want back is to be able to shoot at the edge of a mobs silouette. Now the hitbox center has to be in free sight, wich is a bit dull.

...in regards to the select next target...tapping F gets u select next target...right click mouse button autouses tool on that target...end of story...right click mouse does NEARLY everything multiple keys did before with either click or hold for 1/2 sec...few bugs but nice system!

Brick

If you would use the Interact action instead of crying about the old actions that are gone, then you would see that this new system is in fact an improvement.

The Interact key will not only auto use for you, it will also select the next target and then can also be used to loot that target. The context of the Interact key changes based on what you're doing in the game.

tldr; Everything you're missing can simply be replaced with Interact.

That said, there are still kinks and bugs that need fixed.

Last edited:
i could hit the interact button until i'm blue in the face but until i select a mob by LOOKING at it it wont do anything. how can we select next target and autoshoot it.

the real problem shows up when you want to switch to a finishing weapon for instance. or have to heal yourself between mobs. right now its a jumble of unintuitiveness.

once you got those 2 problems solved here's another. try a mob of mobs. you can't do anything without seeing the mob you are targeting and if you are in a swarm of bery's for example. you can't see anything targeted or not.

and don't forget somepeople hunt with their pet so if ..... gah this is getting hopeless....

osten;3695633 What I do want back is to be able to shoot at the edge of a mobs silouette. Now the hitbox center has to be in free sight said:
Oh shit I didn't realize that yet..... that sucks

R.I.P. auto-tool. It is never coming back, just like loot 1.0.

R.I.P. auto-tool. It is never coming back, just like loot 1.0.

If you want to auto-use a tool just hold down your Use Tool bind for a couple seconds.. then let go and it will be "auto-tooling." :wise:

I understand wishing the new system to target mobs that are behind you.

Last edited:
Back