I am pis###

You know..... you guys are big boys (MA management), experienced, with good resources and worked in this industrial for a long time.

I can be very supportive, if the camera project is the priority (due to the strategic reason), but why choose such topic in such a critical timing, whereas everyone is hoping for the best on something that had been delayed for so long?

You know..... you guys are big boys (MA management), experienced, with good resources and worked in this industrial for a long time.

I can be very supportive, if the camera project is the priority (due to the strategic reason), but why choose such topic in such a critical timing, whereas everyone is hoping for the best on something that had been delayed for so long?
My suspicion is camera is tied in to other areas... for instance if camera loads too much at once as it might in zoomed out third person walls or perhaps floors in shops or apartments may not load fully, causing avatars to fall through them.. no idea why health bar would cause similar issues in slow lag but might

yes ! atlast ! no more aim, heal or afk botters, no more afk sweaters ! Thanks MA !

Didnt test it out yet..but ma also stated that health bars still exit in teaming.....but prob is also the team setting

not many hunters want to team up with healers ...

could only thing of a additional setting like healer team ,which would be like an old setting where the healer doesnt get a loot share...

When in team is the healer loot not generated by the healers own decay ? So this loot is something the hunter would not have got anyways ?
Simple answer here dont heal unless your in team , then use your loot to offset the hourly / decay charge , maybe .

All stop crying and chill out until next patch my advice. They are doing their best when they see monthly returns i guess so dont worry they fix it eventuely.

All stop crying and chill out until next patch my advice. They are doing their best when they see monthly returns i guess so dont worry they fix it eventuely.

Yes, this VU is not playable. Will wait for patches.

Thank you but this reaction doesnt help at all.

Goni explained it much clearer than me. Thank you Goni :)

And while healing it is not worth your time, you make it sound demaining. I get joy out of healing and the challenge to get to lvl 100 in it is real. Hell, I don;t have to defend why I heal. Nor do you have to explain why you enjoy hunting. Or anyone in whatever they do. And bragging doesn;t suit anyone

Do as I did , it makes the forum much more enjoyable.

Originally Posted by messi91 View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Like the statues :confused:

The statues are a vanity item nothing more to boost the ego of some rich kid.

Updates that fix things usually after a VU you get more.

Just yesterday a small fix came out.

MA is a small team, very small of just a few people.

Things take time. Sure, it takes so much time that we just get angry with them. I still have a chat bug for years now, but is not urgent since it does not affect my gameplay, is just annoying. Last pm chat always shows up on login from the last person I talked to. Nothing much.

I am not totally defending MA on their decisions, some were good some were bad since I started playing Project Entropia.

Still, we need to look forward and believe that MA will get things done even if way too slow for us.

They also learn by mistakes, and there have been a lot of mistakes over the years of bad calls from their part. That does not mean they do not learn from them.

If Entropia stagnates and does not offer some sort of change for the future, they also lose since players bail out.

I heard this kind of thing over the years, people complaining, leaving, quitting and so on, but the true?

We are always here.

Yes, this VU is not playable. Will wait for patches.

Yes it is, I am having fun. You just need to adapt.
Sure, it needs some fine tuning but it is not like that.

Kinda reminds me Project Entropia after gold. Good old times.

Btw, is it me or the game got much more "smother" after the camera changes?

yes ! atlast ! no more aim, heal or afk botters, no more afk sweaters ! Thanks MA !

Even more AFK sweaters and more efficent aswell.

Locked targets are followed by autouse, no more target losts while sweating!

And AFKs dont get dizzy from the fast camera movements you see now when using autotool while sweating.

For those who gather sweat 10hrs a day, this VU is perfect LOL

Btw, is it me or the game got much more "smother" after the camera changes?

Yes it did ! Really remarkable on laptop !

As a new player Its one of the things that annoyed me the most.
Clicking on a target and dragging that fucking bar out.
I'm glad its gone.

And yes after I finally got my keyboard configured and into cursor mode the game is much smoother...
Still weird shit going on but I noticed especially in crowded buildings much better..

I noticed when hunting in first person, manually (I mean using F key to lock and auto-fire) when I need to switch from weapon to fap, it is fast and all the action overall is faster and smooth.

I love the fact that I can strafe while locked and fire at the same time without losing target focus. That was a great issue before.

I spent couple hours today in the feffs wave and it is amazing. No more trying to aim at norosh cause the guy do not stay quiet lol.:tongue2:

Really sad what the update done to the healers, but I feel this will be changed soon, we are in the first bumpy weeks of the change which feels very "personal" because of how important it is for the player experience.

Character and camera controllers are pretty hard to code well in game dev, because they encompass much more than just writing the code and slapping it in, every weird twitch and move deteriorates the gameplay far more than a bad texture or some wonky code. Controllers require extensive testing and tweaking to get right and to "feel" right. Great camera/character controllers can make cheap and empty games feel and play superb, and bad ones can make rich and expensive games feel and play really awful. The digital graveyard is full of products that died not for bad content but because of bad in game interaction.

For this update, I kind of feel what MA tried to do, to simplify the interaction in the game, and try to consolidate some controls, this is what many games should strive for, but it has to be done really carefully, and absolutely not to impair any activity tied into those systems. It feels like some moves have been made in the right direction. My two PECs on the matter?

The GOOD

Target tracking - Avatars track targets really nicely now, it feels very natural and smooth.

Weapon fire range - Something has been done and now weapons actually fire at their max ranges, I can feel this change really well when using my R150, which has a short-ish range on its own, but in the old system it would not auto use until much closer (about 35 meters or so). Very welcome change as well.

Tooltips
- not really the part of the whole controller thing, but a welcome addition as well, simplifies a lot of things. Kudos on this MA.

The F key - Great attempt at doing some things more simply, especially the most common interactions.

And the BAD (at least IMHO):

Two camera control keys - Before we would just zoom in or out to switch between first and third person, why was this feature removed and now a keypress is needed to switch between the two? It feels less natural and adds to the complexity of handling, because there is a key for aimed / cursor mode as well, resulting in an unwieldy control, I find myself "wrestling" with control of my avatar and control of the camera all the time.

(Suggestion, zoom to and from perspectives should be returned, no "barrier" between 1st and 3rd person, implement the new perpective switch key as a quick change from first person and third person. It preserves functionality of the new key while bringing the fluid way to change back. Add the "force" control, eg when the mouse wheel is rolled to go into first person, there is like a "bump" and the mouse wheel needs to be rolled a bit more to actually switch the perspective, this implemented both ways would limit the accidental perspective switches that the old system suffered)

Avatar control in third person - Character has a fixed focus direction when a target is locked (W means walk forward and S is move backwards, facing away from camera and towards the target) but when target lock is lost, movement switches to this weird always facing the direction of the key you pressed, so if you press S, avatar will suddenly turn their back from the direction you were facing and towards the screen, this sudden change in movement type results in moments where you feel like you slipped on ice and cant get your bearing again, really annoying. Avatar should always face the direction player pointed it in or face the target it is tracking.

(Suggestion - again, old system did this part really well, using that logic with the smoothness added with the new system would work amazing and preserve the interaction feel.)

Hotkey Scramble - Why oh why has this been done? I know the remapping is possible, but why are the other keys scrambled, while others are not? T is still for teleport to revive, but E is no longer a jump and the spacebar is jump now and not interaction switch... So when mining you now drop probes when you want to jump, and when you want to switch perspective you jump.... Confusing, unneccessary and in combination with the previously mentioned unwieldiness - borderline mean.

Double click to equip - So, now when you want to view info of the tool/weapon you equip them, and when clicking an unequipable item like wool, you get the item info. Two different behaviours again... you need to think about item being equippable before you double click something.

(Suggestion - if you implemented the F key as a almost "do all" why not use it? If player mouseovers over item and presses F, it is equipped! Simple, isolated and easy to remember.)

Healthbar Removal - Obviously not a welcome change, why this was done, beats me. It not only killed the healers, but removed great functionality of the UI. I personally rarely used it, but it was nice to have, worked on swarmy mobs great. Not to mention the folks that used it as a preferred targeting method for years, this must come really rough.

(Suggestion? You know what you have to do. Removing this was wrong without implementing a replacement system for health and player tracking, if it even needed replacing in the first place.)

Damage / healing numbers on avatar - Most of the time i do not even look at the health bar, after hunting a while you get to know how hard you get hit and when you should heal, why were these removed? My UI is configured so that my healthbar is at the top right of the screen, and floating numbers just float off the screen really fast when they are displayed.

(Suggestion - have an option in Game Options where you can toggle this, and other features on / off, this would give players the control over customizing their UI and avatar control with fine details.)

Maximum camera distance - It is way too shallow at the moment, at least twice the reduction in the zoom out distance that existed before.

(Suggestion - again, have an option on how far the camera can be zoomed out in 3rd person, if people like close zoom, they can crank it all the way up close, and vice versa.)

All in all, I consider this great effort, with many welcome features, but with a lot of flow and playability breaking ones too. A definitive rework is needed to make it into a fluent, natural feeling control system.

My suspicion is camera is tied in to other areas... for instance if camera loads too much at once as it might in zoomed out third person walls or perhaps floors in shops or apartments may not load fully, causing avatars to fall through them.. no idea why health bar would cause similar issues in slow lag but might

I do agreed on what you said.
Anyway, the best is to don't expect too much.

I noticed when hunting in first person, manually (I mean using F key to lock and auto-fire) when I need to switch from weapon to fap, it is fast and all the action overall is faster and smooth.

I love the fact that I can strafe while locked and fire at the same time without losing target focus. That was a great issue before.

I spent couple hours today in the feffs wave and it is amazing. No more trying to aim at norosh cause the guy do not stay quiet lol.:tongue2:
You must hunt in first person view? I hunt in third person (now OTS). Before the update I was able to strafe while firing without losing focus. Now strafing still retains focus, but cancels firing, which is more of an annoyance than it sounds like.

Healthbar Removal

Healthbar Removal - I am in the habit of dragging a health bar from the Nearby list to identify each green dot who enters my radar while I'm hunting, because their avatar name and society name give me very useful information about what sort of behavior I can expect from them and what actions I may need to take to steward my hunt. Now without health bars, I must run over to them and dance a jig with my cursor to get a glimpse of them behind their mob. I really miss casually mousing over their health bar while I continue to kill my own mob.

i don't get it - why at least could not select avatar as target as long as it is not used for making dmg :(
hp bar removal :(
all of this to fix pvp which most here are not using
and they say to fight bots (which is questionable it seems it has become even easier with the new actions)

Or they could make it in a way where in non pvp areas ava can be targeted for fapping reasons and bars can be dragged...but in pvp its disabled just like the whose near me feature doesn't work in pvp...But then there are certain pvp LAs/areas people might hunt in and need fapper so this might not be feasible..??

Regards
Tees

You must hunt in first person view? I hunt in third person (now OTS). Before the update I was able to strafe while firing without losing focus. Now strafing still retains focus, but cancels firing, which is more of an annoyance than it sounds like.

Yes I am hunting in first person just because of the removal of the combo "auto-click+next target".

You can still use that but if you are attacked by a mod that is behind you, the avatar does not turn around most of the times unless you are in third person, and even so sometimes does not work.

For lazzy hunting, like sometimes I did for iron missions on small mobs, this combo was perfect. All I have to do was to press 1 button and the rest was automatic (plus auto-loot pill).

After this change, I never bought a auto-loot pill. Does not make much sense in the mobs I am hunting since they always end up near me.

I am with you too, I liked 3rd person view for this, but now to be efficient first person is the way imho.
If that is good or bad....well, we are many people and MA cannot please everyone.

Personally I like the new system, except for some reasons people already commented here.

For example, I hate that we have to use those fix buttons on the top right. Sure they are good for newbie player, but for someone that has been playing for almost 19 years are annoying. I like minimal and clean HUD.

Also not be able to configure what my mouse does in game is lame. But on this one, I think the main reason was bots.

The health bars, on the mobs I could not care less, never used that system in the first place since in the "old days" that did no existed. Still, for fappers is a good help.

Maybe change the team settings for what it was before, because now, a fapper inside a team gets money from the loot, instead of a % that was agree first when making a team.

Or maybe is not that unfair to put fappers in teams even if they get loot. Probably other business conditions between the fapper and the hunting team has to be arranged. At least you get your dam bars.

Question: has there been any information yet at all from MA?

Am enjoying my holida, soo havent been here ina few days :)

Off to bed now, laters, have a nice day

This is the things that I so noted is wrong with the new VU and sent in a support ticket

Hi!
I do belive You already know that I hate everything with this last VU, but I want you to know in specific what I think is the worst issues that cause problems for me. I will list some of them here: From my view is nr:1,2,5,6,7,11,12,13 the worst and need to be changed immideately.

1.I want to see myself from left in 3rd person and zoom out like before.
2.I want to see my face without the turning around icon
3 I want all buttons for painting masks back so I can see my face in a close way from diffrent angles.
4.I want the move up icon back so I can move up and down without pressing jump (in vehicles when I do masks etc)
5. I want crosshairs back so I can choose what to use and see what I target.
6. I want operate back.
7. I want next target back so I can find for ex a picture in my shop that isnt possible to target otherwise. And so mobs behind me be targeted and I not see that they eat at me
8. I want to be able to zoom in and out that isnt possible to me now with a laptop, using no mouse.
9.I cant scroll anymore because of laptop and it doesnt seemed to work anymore with the new system
10.It isnt possible to hunt in team and see others mobs or to heal other in sucessful way.
11. I cant press on invisible icon anymore then I hunt because then chat windows disappear also.
Its very annoying because I always press on key for invisible then I hunt and only use shortcommando so I dont be disturbed by all icons.
12.If you have a weapon UL or L and it is on 0 PED and you have a weapon enhancer on, enhancer is stucked and you cant get it out from weapon or to tt.
It also was problem with amps before
13 Stickynotes are not possible to drag out like before in window and are even more limited.
14. Entropialife press on U and P then you got a global.

PS. Feel free to fill up with more things you dont think works with the new system.
PPS. I do appologize for all misspellings and sometimes a little tricky explanations.
/Tiger

Hi!
I do belive You already know that I hate everything with this last VU, but I want you to know in specific what I think is the worst issues that cause problems for me. I will list some of them here: From my view is nr:1,2,5,6,7,11,12,13 the worst and need to be changed immideately.

1.I want to see myself from left in 3rd person and zoom out like before.
2.I want to see my face without the turning around icon
3 I want all buttons for painting masks back so I can see my face in a close way from diffrent angles.
4.I want the move up icon back so I can move up and down without pressing jump (in vehicles when I do masks etc)
5. I want crosshairs back so I can choose what to use and see what I target.
6. I want operate back.
7. I want next target back so I can find for ex a picture in my shop that isnt possible to target otherwise. And so mobs behind me be targeted and I not see that they eat at me
8. I want to be able to zoom in and out that isnt possible to me now with a laptop, using no mouse.
9.I cant scroll anymore because of laptop and it doesnt seemed to work anymore with the new system
10.It isnt possible to hunt in team and see others mobs or to heal other in sucessful way.
11. I cant press on invisible icon anymore then I hunt because then chat windows disappear also.
Its very annoying because I always press on key for invisible then I hunt and only use shortcommando so I dont be disturbed by all icons.
12.If you have a weapon UL or L and it is on 0 PED and you have a weapon enhancer on, enhancer is stucked and you cant get it out from weapon or to tt.
It also was problem with amps before
13 Stickynotes are not possible to drag out like before in window and are even more limited.
14. Entropialife press on U and P then you got a global.

PS. Feel free to fill up with more things you dont think works with the new system.
PPS. I do appologize for all misspellings and sometimes a little tricky explanations.
/Tiger

Ehm....Tiger? Are people still playing? I wonder after your list :confused:

it's a bit better today Trifle

Its more or less same shit today only with more revealed problems

Ok this was todays letter I sent to support.... maybe you all have found any solutions on that, that I didn´t do.... enjoy reading:

Hi
1.I still need to see myself from 3rd angle in a distance,you can do a distance button can´t you? It couldnt be so hard to do that or put back the former button for that.
2.In space its wrong wp to crystal palace and you cant see CP then you come to the wp. There is no pickup button for vehicles and then I interact I go in and out from vehicle
3. Then I get a HOF or global I cant see it because camera dont automatical zoom out like before.
4. Map size isnt smooth anymore. I like to have it in small but then its small then I want to tp and if I set that large for ex, personal tping dont follow zoomlines and you cant see how far you can tp with a chip
5. Have you take away the button for not interact so if you for ex craft and dont want to change pos then you trade, you can stand in the same spot. I cant do that anymore.
6. What really is the point with VU if 95% of the experienced players do everything to reset all buttons in keyboard (including me) to try to get it the closest it was before VU?

Ps. I did swore a little less today and did only say SHIT......FU..ER 3 times.
/Tiger

I made this suggestion: Bring back health bars

Surprisingly, a lot of people seem to be against it.

Normally I would be against flooding support, but this looks critical enough (some people are actually not playing due to this), so if you have time go create a support case.

:)

still didn't log in again, but doesn't look like a complete revert option will be put in so eventually I'll have to deal with selling off my stuff one way or another... :mad:

still didn't log in again, but doesn't look like a complete revert option will be put in so eventually I'll have to deal with selling off my stuff one way or another... :mad:

That's what I call adapting :thumbup:

Back