Suggestion: Lock Target on Creatures out of FoV and Range

fred5283

Stalker
Society
AO
Norian Norian Xx
Please implement back the previous functionality of being able to select targets with the Lock Target and/or Tab Target command. It seems there is a restriction with the new release based on FoV (Field of View) and range of weapon equipped.

In the past, it was based on sort of a camera view only, not even really a direct LoS (line of sight). If you could see a mob from your camera (even if it was behind you and off the screen), you could tab target to it.

I think in every MMO I've played, if it's in your radar and you could see it (in a 360° sense, not FoV and not direct LoS), it is still selcetable through some sort of Tab Target function.

At the very least, it should work that way with mining claims. There's no way I could extract a claim belonging to someone else anyways.

Dennis has previously stated in AMA, they don't want us to target something we can't see (i.e 360 degrees).
What Dennis want Dennis get, and it's his way, or the highway.
Dis is our reality now. I'm still in denial, but maybe that will change with time.:laugh:

if you need votes count me in. some changes are good. some are for no apparent reason. i like the changes but not all the the changes.

Dennis has previously stated in AMA, they don't want us to target something we can't see (i.e 360 degrees).
What Dennis want Dennis get, and it's his way, or the highway.
Dis is our reality now. I'm still in denial, but maybe that will change with time.:laugh:

Dennis needs to f*kin take a knife and try out his new VU on a low density spawn.
They killed melee hunting:mad: Count me in.

Bump for good luck!

Also, if 3rd person max zoom is changed, maybe some of this issue goes away (depends on true functionality of Interact command while hunting)

Many people want this back. If it doesn't come back it's going to hurt MA's revenue.

Many people want this back. If it doesn't come back it's going to hurt MA's revenue.

Yes, in a way it might due to slower hunting = lower turnover

Bring back more profits to MA! :)

Back