Petition for Entropia Universe 16.0.0 VU

You mean the notes that forget to tell important stuff like f.x.
They wrote:
Auto Use Tool will remain active if the avatar switches tools while a target is locked.
But:
Works only if you have the Option: Queue Use Tool action when reloading

Something which I never used so the feature did not work as mentioned in the Release Notes.

No amount of reading will fix demonstrably worse and dumbed down systems. Sometimes complexity implemented in the right way is beautiful, and that's what the previous version was.

You're making the assumption people don't like it because they're morons who can't read a few patch notes. The fact is the new system is just clunky, unintuitive, and not fluid in any sense of the word.

I don't want to read.NO!
I want to complain first because I can.I am emotional old timer and I react before I think.
I am oppressed and everyone is plotting against me.Its the end of the world.
Please Mindark bring back 2005 project entropia.
Marco save us !
Red cross do something

They wrote:
Auto Use Tool will remain active if the avatar switches tools while a target is locked.
But:

Something which I never used so the feature did not work as mentioned in the Release Notes.

So you did some reading, tested out, found what was working for you so all good. That's what this petition is about :D

Open a daycare for "adults"... end of discussion :yup:

No amount of reading will fix demonstrably worse and dumbed down systems. Sometimes complexity implemented in the right way is beautiful, and that's what the previous version was.

You're making the assumption people don't like it because they're morons who can't read a few patch notes. The fact is the new system is just clunky, unintuitive, and not fluid in any sense of the word.

I didn't say people are morons, I implied that some might be a little bit too lazy for their own good. And also having a big problem with going outside of the comfort zone to do something they used to enjoy and I can make you a long list of players that didn't read the notes and struggled very hard with various stuff while the answer to their problems was in the notes....

Its not exactly like it was yesterday! I don't want to try new things and will quit the game immediately before trying anything!

Selling all gear and skills at TT-1 by the boxes

/ragequit

I read the notes. It reminds me of reading Latin when I was young. That is, BEFORE I knew how to read Latin.

HOLY CRAP - this isn't confusing or anything, is it!??

I can see hundreds of people quitting EU because they can't grasp all the variables in controls now.

Know what the term "tits on a boar" mean?

Please Mindark bring back 2005 project entropia.
Marco save us !
Red cross do something

Please make a petition, more people will sign thatone. :yay:

They wrote:
But:

^ i'm with them, reading the notes don't even explain all the changes, and don't tell how to deal with some nonmentioned changes. Or don't actually even explain how to deal with some changes made.
It would be nice if the changelog wasn't just 20% of the story, hence this petition is rather useless.

oh man that just brought back a load of good old memories, I miss the old map and city's :(

So you did some reading, tested out, found what was working for you so all good. That's what this petition is about :D

Yes I have to use a feature I intentionally never used to make a feature work, nice job that I had to find it out in the first place and it was not written in the Release notes..

But what about the 10 other f.u's that are still here and I have to find a way to circumvent?

It's like putting the gear lever behind the front seat to make driving exciting again(old german humor from Otto - OMW 2000), you still can use it but it is very tedious and not intuitive.

Like this crap when you zoom out, go into 3rd person mode and the viewing makes a jump to the right and then a curve to the left when zooming out the rest. Is very tiering for my eye this bouncing around.

Or that you cant set your viewpoint as befor like you want it, oh we have the fancy Photo Mode to make a fancy Screenshot, which you could have also done befor this change btw.
Now this is only working while in Photo Mode, as soon as you exit it, because you are not here to make photos from inbetween your legs up the ass it switches back to the over the shoulder mode-crap. How can I hunt and view it like I could befor? Please tell me I only want to see it as I could do it for many years. Why is it better when you have fewere and only bad alternatives?

Why is it better to hold RMB and then not move the mouse befor you released the RMB to bring up a menu which was easy to reach bevor this changes?
F.X. if I want to pick up my vehicle I have to RMB on it and while holding the button I am not allowed to move the mouse even a pixel, then when the Menu comes up I have to release the Button befor I move the mouse even a pixel or the menu will dissapear.
So it takes 5 times longer to do the same action as befor and you have a lot of chances to fail to even bring up the menu which I think is a bad way to enhance a interface in making it more difficult to operate.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP - this isn't confusing or anything, is it!??

I agree with this. I also think this is the first time there is confusion in this game, right? I mean, there are still people, "veterans", that don't believe ECO "worked" before loot 2.0.

Do people that loose their cool for not being able to control the avatar in the first 30 minutes know that this is a competitive game? And the stakes here are money? Real money. Yes they know, everyone knows that and no, people will not quit over this. They might need some time to cool off, to think and they will get back to mapping their old keyboard and play again, and I'm sure people will eventually come back (those that think of quitting over this) because they aren't that stupid to quit over such an update.

I'm a hunter and been hunting all day since the update and apart from very very bad loot and an hour spent on figuring out the new system (an hour in which I hunted anyway) everything was ok.

Hasn't this happened so many time before but in different variants and people loose their minds??? after all isn't it about not getting used to the same thing and adapting which everyone keeps telling you....how many times have things changed to keep things interesting this is no different...spend a little time remap your keys and your good to go..i did and am quite enjoying the new update I think its great...

quite sure after doing the above at least 80 to 90% of your issues will be sorted and a few major changes that they had to for the sake of the system and game those after a discussion and input might get changed to some extent if its very impactable and all is good..

Just take your time sort your keys out its all there.

Regards
Tees

I agree with this. I also think this is the first time there is confusion in this game, right? I mean, there are still people, "veterans", that don't believe ECO "worked" before loot 2.0.

Do people that loose their cool for not being able to control the avatar in the first 30 minutes know that this is a competitive game? And the stakes here are money? Real money. Yes they know, everyone knows that and no, people will not quit over this. They might need some time to cool off, to think and they will get back to mapping their old keyboard and play again, and I'm sure people will eventually come back (those that think of quitting over this) because they aren't that stupid to quit over such an update.

I'm a hunter and been hunting all day since the update and apart from very very bad loot and an hour spent on figuring out the new system (an hour in which I hunted anyway) everything was ok.

Thats good so they will still have money for my withdraw and I get my invested money back, thx for continue to hunt until they send me the money. BTW this does not mean that I will quit but it is certainly not a argument to invest or depot more money. This is because the stakes here are real money and to protect my money I have to take it out when I see what the direction this Project takes f.x. with this VU.

Its not exactly like it was yesterday! I don't want to try new things and will quit the game immediately before trying anything!

/ragequit

People HATE change ;) I see it constantly where i work :silly2:.

I think this system just needs to be refined.. but when i logged in for a hunt last night it seemed manageable. Just needed to figure out a few things. MA will need to accommodate for the healing profession so i do empathize with the professional fappers.

Be like water! - Bruce Lee probably

Last edited:

id disagree here. the most important thing in a game is how it feels when you play it. before the update the feeling was nice and you had all the freedom on how you wanted it to look and how to interact wit heverything and could set it up exactly like you wanted it to feel.

now it feels like you are forced to use tons of hotkeys for stuff thats worked a lot easier before. playing this game got a lot harder and feels like shit now. i honestly dont know any game where ive spend more than 2 hours trying to get a good feeling when controlling the avatar and interacting with stuff. if it takes that long to not make it feel like utter crap then the game just goes into the trash can.

playing games ia bout enjoying them and with this new forced way of having to play the joy is completely gone and turned into shit. and that doesnt even take in ming all this fucking zooming all the damn time. that shit is incredibly annoying.

Signed

MA did good this time.

One thing I really like is how inventory and other windows open in the center now and not up in the corners. I have a 32 in screen for my main monitor and was so sick of having to go up and drag those windows around when moving stuff or repairing.

Last edited:
Ill sign that one.. Got some time getting used to .. But quite comfy for my hunting style now.

I also saw people getting pissed about the camera movement during ingame activity.

There is a setting, options/gameplay/ let effects change camera/. Turning this off gets rid of almost all of it.

indeed it seems not about reading but writing
amazing the correlation between writing MA favorable stuff in the forum and doing beyond well in game :D
or maybe it is the other way around, just saying
I don't want to read.NO!

I also saw people getting pissed about the camera movement during ingame activity.

There is a setting, options/gameplay/ let effects change camera/. Turning this off gets rid of almost all of it.

This is not true.
It disable only the auto zoom on global/hof/leveling.

indeed it seems not about reading but writing
amazing the correlation between writing MA favorable stuff in the forum and doing beyond well in game :D
or maybe it is the other way around, just saying

I can't see the point of this thread.
Well, maybe Girtsn just said about it..
By the way, Girtsn, don't be so suspicious..
Writing favorable is not enough, you also need to Twitch.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, that's true some people complain about things that they can easily find in VU notes.
Where is my auto-tool key now ?
My sleip don't want to fly anymore..

But that's a minority.

Most of them complain about obvious things.

Some complain about the ability to drag statue bars, and we already knew that before.
I don't care myself cause I never used it.
But I can understand it's not good for people used to it, and even more for healers.

Anyway, the main problem here is not either about key mapping, since it's almost the same now.
It is the camera.

Funny this VU was called all the way "new camera system".
Then it brings alot of great new stuff that are not related to camera.
And the only thing that is a huge fail is the main thing.. the camera itself. :eek:

People don't need to read the notes to know that they don't want EU to looks like a Xbox or Playstation game.

That's what MA is doing lately for some times now, (in order for better player retention :rolleyes:)..
And that's a big mistake IMO. :wise:

I can see hundreds of people quitting EU because they can't grasp all the variables in controls now.

Are you sure? :D

• Dragging health bars is not a reason to play this game (though, it was a feature)
  • That silly outdated camera mode was not a reason to play this game. I manage to play this game only in OTS mode
  • Only next targeting/boting is not a reason to play ANY video game (even though you can still do it if you have 10% brain cells left and read the notes)

So if those "hundreds" of people can't adept, they can keep watching netflix and press tab on disconnected keyboard - they will get same experience with lower cost

There are some bugs in this update, but overall i can see A LOT of improvemenet

Signed too....although i wish i could open storage and auction at the same time as it was before ( to check out what i have and what i can give in auc)....

THIS!

After 13 years of using one system, it is not easy to change to a new one. Example, i always hit space bar for change mouse mode, instead to use ALT. Only this will take weeks to get it changed, and there is more such things. I was happy with old system and i dont see any reason to change a good working system.

THIS!

After 13 years of using one system, it is not easy to change to a new one. Example, i always hit space bar for change mouse mode, instead to use ALT. Only this will take weeks to get it changed, and there is more such things. I was happy with old system and i dont see any reason to change a good working system.

Bad example, why don't you just change it back? And it has been space to jump for new players for multiple years if i'm right.

I do understand some frustration, but a lot of things are still possible to control like you want it.

People don't need to read the notes to know that they don't want EU to looks like a Xbox or Playstation game.

That's what MA is doing lately for some times now, (in order for better player retention :rolleyes:)..
And that's a big mistake IMO. :wise:

It pretty looks like the standard cam, if you generated a new project in Unreal engine. So yes, it is more for gamepad support.

What i dont get, why they dont make 2 systems, so we could use the old cam system, or if we like even the new system. They always have the code for both systems, so why not making us choose what we like ?

Back