Spaceship camera help - voice/video walk though

Thank you for sharing the video. I hope this makes in on MA’s priority list. :rolleyes:

this is freaking stupid... ya we needed a new camera system instead of space mob missions or whatever else.

And thanks for screwing up space mob hunting, I'll play more elite dangerous

is it just me or is the volume on that extremely low? Even with headphones on and my volume cranked I can barely hear it.

is it just me or is the volume on that extremely low? Even with headphones on and my volume cranked I can barely hear it.

No that’s me sorry, need to move my mic a bit closer and change some settings I think!

rofl right clicking to shoot mobs from a quad triggers auto-tool... freaking auto, auto-tool... space hunters bane...

GJ MA, definitely lots of ED this month lol

arg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and forced over the shoulder view when in a MS makes it like trying to drive a car with your head out of the window.

Last edited:
arg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and forced over the shoulder view when in a MS makes it like trying to drive a car with your head out of the window.

Haha yes! That’s a good analogy.

Love your voice, and thanks for the Info, I had a quick ride in my Starfinder and went WTF!* and warped to Caly to try and make sense of the new controls and then also went WTF!*… and proceeded to log out... I am sure we can get use to the new system but there is clearly a few un intended bugs at this point in time...

Love your voice, and thanks for the Info, I had a quick ride in my Starfinder and went WTF!* and warped to Caly to try and make sense of the new controls and then also went WTF!*… and proceeded to log out... I am sure we can get use to the new system but there is clearly a few un intended bugs at this point in time...

I'm starting to get used to it now, it's very "fluid" resulting in quicker manoeuvrability and fast reactions to what's around. But the compromise is motion sickness for those who suffer from it.

I think an "align camera" button would really help, saves the silly circles to get you back square with the ship.

Have you noticed clicking the middle button once will return the view to "Normal" but only!!!! if you do not select target mode first!

Last edited:
Have you noticed clicking the middle button once will return the view to "Normal" but only!!!! if you do not select target mode first!

For me this just spins the camera back to the rear of the ship, but the ship is still angled.

For me this just spins the camera back to the rear of the ship, but the ship is still angled.

I will do a Video in about 10hrs... :) you will hear my sexy Australian Voice :D

I've been doing some more messing about with this today after the latest patch, and I can now get the camera to square up with the ship using V (camera mode) although oddly wont do it with middle mouse click for me!

It either requires a long press, or a double click depending if your toggled in or out :)

V will also "zoom out" the guns, so you can look around, but cant shoot from this mode.

Last edited:
Looked like you were flying just fine chasing that quad out of Cyrene earlier ;) I had actually commented to the gunners watching you that you seemed to have sussed the flying part.

It second nature to me now again thankfully! Left button spin, alt toggling, v works fine :)

Last edited:
Lol.. yes, and that's why it is so irritating. I actually LOVE the feel of the new camera/targeting system. It's great. Flying is not the problem.... it's the targeting that is now the problem. You should give it a whirl if you haven't, it's great fun now not being able to target something or shoot it.

Looked like you were flying just fine chasing that quad out of Cyrene earlier ;) I had actually commented to the gunners watching you that you seemed to have sussed the flying part.

It second nature to me now again thankfully! Left button spin, alt toggling, v works fine :)

Back