Vomit Bucket

Bones

Elite
In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next t
Society
Skillin Villains
Bare BareBones Bones
I am looking to buy a high capacity vomit bucket to keep beside me while hunting with this new VU.

I can adapt to most things with this VU , except the constant realigning of the avatar as i hunt.

What needs to change is the camera that is locked onto the avatar , it would be fine if the avatar itself moves , but make the camera independent for those that choose to not keep it locked.

I will of course give the developers some time to make changes , but I cannot continue with this camera and may be forced to stop playing.

Other things that I would like to have fixed , but do not induce vomiting at this time.

• Add a hotkey to pick-up vehicle
  • Add a loot hotkey
  • auto-use hotkey
  • Separate slider for vehicle turning sensitivity (very difficult to drive fast car)
  • Add camera back to over the head instead of just over shoulder

Please feel free to add any Vomit related content to this thread.

here's what i did. just get a used big blue water dispenser jug and cut the top ring off. you can keep the handle on it and if you're careful lug it all the way to the toilet. dump it and rinse with shower water and dump again. you can even use the top as a lid and a funnel to keep the smell contained and control the aim somewhat. i've used mine three times already. this is gonna save money.

Im getting it too , when interacting with terminals and my ship.

I am looking to buy a high capacity vomit bucket to keep beside me while hunting with this new VU.

Please feel free to add any Vomit related content to this thread.

Dramamine stocks skyrocket! Just remember, you CAN lose that weight playing EU now!

-Obie-

Have found a bit of a workaround on the constant moving as you shoot , well soc mates did.

Once you target the mob , hold down left mouse and move the mouse any degree from center , then start shooting.
The target will remain locked even if you move the avatar with arrows , but the camera is now in free mode so you do not get the motion in your screen.

There is still that initial movement , but the movement from a walking or swaying mob is not captured by camera.

My default Vomit Bucket might be sufficient now.

Please feel free to share your Vomit encounters and fixes.

Also , moving over the LEFT shoulder seemed to help a bit as well for me .

Last edited:
Have found a bit of a workaround on the constant moving as you shoot , well soc mates did.

Once you target the mob , hold down left mouse and move the mouse any degree from center , then start shooting.
The target will remain locked even if you move the avatar with arrows , but the camera is now in free mode so you do not get the motion in your screen.

There is still that initial movement , but the movement from a walking or swaying mob is not captured by camera.

My default Vomit Bucket might be sufficient now.

Please feel free to share your Vomit encounters and fixes.

Also , moving over the LEFT shoulder seemed to help a bit as well for me .

That's a good idea, it demands more interaction on the part of the hunter but it should work rather well.

The way I hunt, it wasn't great, but I managed though I don't think I could do it for more than an hour. Interacting with npcs, tps, storage etc, I got very sick and an awful migraine. When I'm hanging around crafting, visiting auction, sorting storage etc. I like to play in 3rd person so I can see around me. Now, every time I interact with something the camera snaps in and out, it's horrendous!

I agree with Nadie, this is an aggravation for many and a serious health risk for migraine sufferers and probably for other disabilities such as epilepsy. Mindark really need to make sure their product is fully Disability Access compliant.
This vu has affected other disabilities too.. many players have the use of only one hand (accident, stroke or birth defect), they now struggle with many in game actions that require us to use keyboard instead of or as well as mouse.

Come on MA we are proud to be in a game that is not a bunch of teens, but more mature players. You should be glad of that too as older means more likely to have a better income and more to spend in game. Sadly with age comes infirmities please listen to our concerns.

the zoom in and out when taking to an npc makes me nauseous (imagine that in vr!)! and I don't like the extremely quick camera turns either when you target something (in fact I don't want my camera forcibly turned at all!)
and yeah, everything needs to be useable with one hand on the keyboard as before, that goes without saying.
and the avatar really NEEDS to be in the middle of the screen. that change is just fucking bizarre
and get rid of any input requiring you to HOLD a key for 0.5 seconds immediately! that should NEVER BE REQUIRED FOR A SINGLE ACTION

e.g. holding forward to run forward is a ok, but holding interact to enter a vehicle (or to open the right click menu! also a SINGLE ACTION) is fucking bullshit

Last edited:
I agree with Nadie, this is an aggravation for many and a serious health risk for migraine sufferers and probably for other disabilities such as epilepsy. Mindark really need to make sure their product is fully Disability Access compliant.
This vu has affected other disabilities too.. many players have the use of only one hand (accident, stroke or birth defect), they now struggle with many in game actions that require us to use keyboard instead of or as well as mouse.

What are you on about? I get the motion sickness complaint, but hunting with one or two hands on keyboard is a lot smoother and faster now with the new camera system. It is very good improvement to prevent RSI problems by decreasing the need to use the mouse.

If one thing this update have improved both disability access and ergonomics. Motion sickness inducement on the other hand seem to have increased for some players :(

Same here.

I could have hunt 5h straight before this, play even more.
Now after 1 hours hunting, I feel like I live on a boat. :nurse:

Hold on left mouse button, move camera, then look aside.. why not..

I myself found out that I'm not that much sick when playing upside down..
I put my head on chair and my feet at ceiling, then it's ok..
It's a bit weird but well, we have to adapt, right ? :confused:

Last edited:
Worst update ever.

Hand me the vomit bucket. I need one too and I haven't even logged in yet.

What are you on about? I get the motion sickness complaint, but hunting with one or two hands on keyboard is a lot smoother and faster now with the new camera system. It is very good improvement to prevent RSI problems by decreasing the need to use the mouse.
If one thing this update have improved both disability access and ergonomics. Motion sickness inducement on the other hand seem to have increased for some players :(

I haven't logged in yet to see the changes but I've had alot of issues with other games making me feel nauseous / headachey... If it's as bad as people say it is I don't know how I'm going to deal with it tbh.

But WHYYYYYYYYY?

I didn't even play long enough to get sick. When I found out the MA programmers (who had the best movement interface of any game I've played and worked flawlessly) had now inexplicably changed the keyboard mapping after I've been pushing the same keys for over 14 years. Feckin' madness.

I logged right back out again and I'm not sure I'll ever go back, especially after reading all this.

What isn't being said here and what I really want to know is:

WHY did they change it?

What was wrong with it? Unfortunately, they have a history of not fixing shit they should and updating (not fixing) shit that ain't broke. So maybe there is no reason.

If anyone knows, I'm interested to hear the background.
:tongue2:

WHY did they change it?

Player retention.. :rolleyes:

They thought like this:

Players quit playing EU fast.. why ?
They didn't find out.

So they thought, alot more people play shooting games on Xbox, let's make EU looks like one of them.. :wise:

Sorry mate, not true. I have disabilities, not getting into what which how. But it got really for me. Takes just a few minutes for me to get so sick my mind is so overloaded, takes hours to get it at a bit of stable level again and for example be able to read your post. If I look at my life exp in these cases, if I would do a one hour healing job, if I can actually fullfill one hour, it can take up to a WEEK for me to recover! I aint taking the risk! And than I am not even talking about other consequences to my health, this is just only my biggest one atm

Reactions: Izz
the zoom in and out when taking to an npc makes me nauseous (imagine that in vr!)! and I don't like the extremely quick camera turns either when you target something (in fact I don't want my camera forcibly turned at all!)
and yeah, everything needs to be useable with one hand on the keyboard as before, that goes without saying.
and the avatar really NEEDS to be in the middle of the screen. that change is just fucking bizarre
and get rid of any input requiring you to HOLD a key for 0.5 seconds immediately! that should NEVER BE REQUIRED FOR A SINGLE ACTION

e.g. holding forward to run forward is a ok, but holding interact to enter a vehicle (or to open the right click menu! also a SINGLE ACTION) is fucking bullshit

yes this is exactly true.

Isn't "F" used to loot?

Keep the "Use Tool" hotkey pressed and it goes into auto-use mode.

It stops after the mob is dead. You then have to hit it again. No i don't want to hit Auto use 1,000+ times a day. I rather sip my coffee in the morning and hit next target in zoomed out 3rd person view just spamming 1 key while auto use kept going.

It stops after the mob is dead. You then have to hit it again. No i don't want to hit Auto use 1,000+ times a day. I rather sip my coffee in the morning and hit next target in zoomed out 3rd person view just spamming 1 key while auto use kept going.

You can still do this ? After mob is dead, press f and starts shooting next target till dead. Can hunt for hours by just pressing F.

So in stead of pressing next target you just press F. Not a big deal ?

You can still do this ? After mob is dead, press f and starts shooting next target till dead. Can hunt for hours by just pressing F.

So in stead of pressing next target you just press F. Not a big deal ?
Selling keyboards with plated f keys in a web shop coming soon. Suspect I'll remap f to spacebar as I used to do with next target.. easier to find space than a key in middle of keyboard. Same reason faps are on tilde, keyboard dash and enter and main weapons are numlock, / and * on number pad

Last edited:
What seems to be happening is this:

Someone with evil intentions is purposely screwing up MA so it will crash and burn. I have seen this a hundred times in business. Someone who knows nothing about the game is committing a vengeance thing to destroy MA.

Do like I am doing: stay out of game for a few weeks and see what shakes out. Going IG seems to be causing some people physical harm right now, and that's not the position you need your mind in to play effectively.

If it is an "inside" attack, MA guys should be smart enough to figure it out.

What seems to be happening is this:

Someone with evil intentions is purposely screwing up MA so it will crash and burn. I have seen this a hundred times in business. Someone who knows nothing about the game is committing a vengeance thing to destroy MA.

Do like I am doing: stay out of game for a few weeks and see what shakes out. Going IG seems to be causing some people physical harm right now, and that's not the position you need your mind in to play effectively.

If it is an "inside" attack, MA guys should be smart enough to figure it out.
More likely it's a push to get long time players to exit stage left asap.... sadly

and yeah, everything needs to be useable with one hand on the keyboard as before

Agree, and to add:
it should also be playable with just one hand at the mouse as befor.

Agree, and to add:
it should also be playable with just one hand at the mouse as befor.

I am doing just that now .. right click on mob then use left click to move a bit , right to loot.

You still get the alignment snap , but after you left click and drag a bit there is no more movement.

After further working with this , I think the only thing needed is to add a checkbox to make the following camera remain static while interacting. Allow the avatar to make the needed alignment movements to target and lock and also make the movements for healing and other interactions.

By allowing avatar to move independently the motion will not be into the users camera. This is already coded into the movements if you drag by left clicking after the target is locked. The movement of the camera isn't needed and is most likely the reason the zoom level has been decreased , could you imagine the movement if you were zoomed out as far as before.

I don't like jamming MA with support cases , but I think making it possible to unhook the camera during interactions would be a great fix for those that use mouse as their main navigation and operating style.

#1 fucking allow ppl to use old mode as a choice setting.

#2 put these new control on fresh arrival.

#3 make it the first advice a mentor tell you. (how to change #2 with #1 option)

#4 chill pill dev. change sucks. if you input changes. make it a UI option so you support multiple one.

everyone happy!

I doubt the old system will be available ever again. This seems like a pretty deep change. They will ride it out and hope that the initial backlash will die down and people will just find ways to cope so they can continue getting their fix.

it makes me want to play A LOT less. That's actually a good thing .. Saves $$$$$ :D

Back