FYI: Shop Owner Feedback on New Camera System

Legends

Elite
Society
Dirty Dingos
Inherent Marxus Legends
Old habits die hard ... :cry:

I know that hunting and mining are going to take precedence over almost anything else but still wanted to give my feedback for the record.

Here's a few changes I definitely do NOT like so far:

1. No longer a 'Set Retail Price' in the drop down menu:
I must now go to 'View Information' first and then I can set the price. So it is now a 2 click operation just to see what was the dollar and cents I set. This causes a lot more clicking when adding many of the same item where you already know what your retail price is, or when you need to move an item from one location to another. Why couldn't you just keep the 'Set Retail Price' in the drop-down menu?

2. Can't figure out how to 'Unequip All' from Shop Keeper: Edit: FIXED!

3. Dragging and Dropping a Pet in your shop that you want to sell no longer works, instead it spawns the pet:
This is just an unfortunate thing that I'll have to get used to I guess. It would be nice to have 1-action-fits-all scenarios, but in this case, I'll have to remember that for Pets, I must hold F on the Pet in my inventory, select 'Place' from the drop-down menu... :grumble:

4. Default left mouse button action is 'Pick-up' for the owner:
This is most often the last thing I want to do when I am managing my Shop. Picking-up an item by mistake means I lose the set price and have to start all over again. When navigating in one of my shops, I click both mouse buttons to move around, but I'm afraid I'll pick something up by mistake. I really wish there was a way for me to change this default to 'View Information' instead (which is the default for customers browsing shop items) because that would much better suit my needs. And then add the 'Place' and 'Pick-Up' actions back in the 'View Information' window or drop-down menu.

5. No longer can see item condition upon hovering your cursor over an item:
It used to be that you could see if something was full tt or almost broke just by putting your cursor on it, now you have to hold 'F' and select 'View Information'... That's a lot of clicking when browsing items in a shop. :bs:

I guess that's it for now.

Cheers o/

Legends

Last edited:
I almost forgot, here's some feedback on Armor:

While I appreciate that you have added an overview of the stats an armor piece has, I strongly disagree with the way it is listed out (in alphabetical order) because this is NOT intuitive.

The Damage types should be listed by category like this:

Close Damage:
Impact
Cut
Stab

Ranged Damage:
Burn
Penetration
Shrapnel

Special Damage:
Cold
Acid
Electric

This would actually make sense and it would be Intuitive to professional hunters. We know that Bots are mostly Ranged Damage, a lot of Animals are mostly Close Damage, etc... A hunter could see a group of Damage type at a glance and determine whether this armor is for him/her or not.

The way it's listed right now is convoluted and makes no sense whatsoever:
mark.4b.jpg

So has anyone figured out how to Unequip All from a Shop Keeper yet??? :scratch2:

Edit: FIXED!

Last edited:
I agree with the armor resist listing and the pet placing in shop. It sounded as if they intended pets to be spawned like that so maybe a place context menu item would help. I suspect theyre not done adding context menu items as my ship cant even be accessed at all. If it wasnt for the guestlist terminal it would be parked barely able to enter it only from ss.

Otherwise im enjoying the changes so far!

The listing is obviously in alphabetical order.
(Which shows that no one bothered to think about it in game terms.)

:dunno:

Still would like to know how to Unequip All from Shop Keeper...

Edit: FIXED!

Last edited:
Yeah so this new Camera and Interaction system didn't really spend too much time thinking about the shop owners...

Now I can't drop anything on the floor in my Monria shop, gonna try other planets and apartments but this is a big problem. (Edit: that has now been fixed with VU 16.0.3)

Also, I noticed that View Information on items that are a bit high on a panel or Tron display doesn't work anymore where it used to, there's no error message, it just looks like it times out. Have to move everything down if I can...

One of my main objections is still the default action for right-click and double left click. I have picked-up things be mistake a few times that I had just dropped and just wanted to set a price on.... Not only because that's the way it used to be (used to be, right-click, get a context menu, select Set a Price,...) but it still is that way for items in a Shop Keeper. So now you have 2 different responses for right click depending if it's in a Shop Keeper or just in the shop, and 2 different ways of doing it, which is convoluted and stupid and leads to frustration.

Please make the default action for right click and double left click for the owner View Information instead of pick-up.

Last edited:

Close Damage:
Impact
Cut
Stab

Ranged Damage:
Burn
Penetration
Shrapnel

Special Damage:
Cold
Acid
Electric

I can't tell anything about shop related, since I don't know anything about shop.

But the way you listed damage types here is EXACTLY how I think it should be for a looong time now. :yup:

So I approve. :thumbup:

I can't tell anything about shop related, since I don't know anything about shop.

But the way you listed damage types here is EXACTLY how I think it should be for a looong time now. :yup:

So I approve. :thumbup:

Thanks, that now makes 4 of us in this thread that agree on that. I wonder if that's enough for MA to make the change :laugh:

Same here - I can't interact properly with items put on top of certain shelves. I can pick them up, I can place them but the menu cannot be displayed (View Info, etc.). I can't set a price or modify it. These items seem to be too far away now...

If you click on an item by mistake (something that is likely to happen very often), then you pick up the item, something you didn't want to do... Very bad.

Last edited:
I will have to make a new thread or make some revisions to this one, we lost quite a few quality of life things in VU16...

5. No longer can see item condition upon hovering your cursor over an item:
It used to be that you could see if something was full tt or almost broke just by putting your cursor on it, now you have to hold 'F' and select 'View Information'... That's a lot of clicking when browsing items in a shop.

:bs:

Same here - I can't interact properly with items put on top of certain shelves. I can pick them up, I can place them but the menu cannot be displayed (View Info, etc.). I can't set a price or modify it. These items seem to be too far away now...

If you click on an item by mistake (something that is likely to happen very often), then you pick up the item, something you didn't want to do... Very bad.

Yeah exactly. MA is fixing the main hunting issues right now it seems since those probably affect 80% or more of the playerbase and then hopefully they will fix some of these issues I have brought up here.

I have updated the original post, deleted items that have been fixed and added #5.

Seems ma been busy working on shops too. Next update there a patch for rt fixing all the falling thru the floors in shops. Hopefully it applies everywhere or at least works so they can apply it everywhere else :)

Seems ma been busy working on shops too. Next update there a patch for rt fixing all the falling thru the floors in shops. Hopefully it applies everywhere or at least works so they can apply it everywhere else :)

I've not noticed it on Calypso. Falling through floors is usually caused by a gap in the shop design interior/exterior. It can be fixed by the relevant team on a planet that's responsible for it. On RT that would be Neverdie and his team.

oh well then someone getting around to it at least.. I don't know all the details of who does wat.. I jus work here =p

View Information on items that are a bit high on shelves still doesn't work with V16.0.3

View Information on items that are a bit high on shelves still doesn't work with V16.0.3

Yeah, there seems to be a slight improvement on this but there are still issues.

For instance, if I place a sign high up on the wall, amd try to Edit the sign, it times out, meaning the 'Edit' window never appears.

If I place an item up on the top shelf, I can't 'View Information' on it, the action times out. The only way would be to jump up to get closer to it and then the 'Information' Panel will appear for a second but dissappear again as soon as I am back on the ground.

MA, please fix these issues...

Same problem on FOMA/Asteroid Shop

Hi,

Great post,
I noticed same thing: with impossible to read information on items up on shelves.
Was not sure it was a new issue, until i saw this post.

I have a FOMA/Asteroid Shop. (Viking Mining Shop #16)
FOMA Shops are 2 level with stairs going down to 2nd floor from the entrance level.

Above the stairs there is a very good looking wide 3-level shelf.
I had lots of mining extractors there, but noticed I fell down the stairs and info-window got closed
when I tried to view the price on them.
So I assumed noone would be able to buy any things up on that shelf, and ended up
moving all items to the side where stairs begin.
A bit annoying since I want to make a good looking shop.
Hope it gets fixed soon.

I almost forgot, here's some feedback on Armor:

While I appreciate that you have added an overview of the stats an armor piece has, I strongly disagree with the way it is listed out (in alphabetical order) because this is NOT intuitive.

Close Damage:
Impact
Cut
Stab

Ranged Damage:
Burn
Penetration
Shrapnel

Special Damage:
Cold
Acid
Electric

This would actually make sense and it would be Intuitive to professional hunters. We know that Bots are mostly Ranged Damage, a lot of Animals are mostly Close Damage, etc... A hunter could see a group of Damage type at a glance and determine whether this armor is for him/her or not.

mark.4b.jpg

This.. Alphabetical is not really a great idea.

I am typing this as I sit and wait for my Avatar to log out, after messing with my VAIN ARMOR!!! It still causes crashes.

Back