My thoghts on the new camera / interaction system...

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
Love it or hate it this change has happened.

Some will adapt and get used to the system - others will whine and complain and fight it. Either way everyone will either need to adapt and accept or refuse and leave.

I know it's frustrating - just like when you first stepped off that ship back even as far as 2005. The controls back then were a big learning curve too but you got through it.

Is the new system perfect? No.

Is it an improvement? In some ways yes, in others no. It really depends on how you used to play the game. Personally, I feel as though they made a big push for this to be more about keyboard use and 1st person views rather than 3rd person and just using the mouse to interact with the world.

Will MA make adjustments and tweaks? Yes. They said as much. They will listen to player feedback and will adjust accordingly over the next weeks and months. I certainly wouldn't expect them to do much till after people calm down and the feedback start becoming less based on snap judgements and frustrations and more from people having used the new system for a while and determining what really needs to be adjusted vs. what is just an uncomfortable change after XX years of playing.

I'm trying to withhold judgement on this new camera system for the time being. Yeah there are a number of bugs (like in EVERY VU) but they will be corrected in time. In the meantime, read about the changes - speak with others in game and just play around with the controls to get used to them. Make notes of actual bugs and bring it up to the devs.

As a community we will adapt and in one voice can say to MA:

OK MA, you've got your new camera/control system... We're doing our best to learn and use this new system and we will trust in this move as long as you:

• Don't leave it yet another half complete / half working / half thought out system like so many others.
  • Actually DO something with this new system that justifies and validates the investment that was made into it both by your staff and the player base having to learn it.

Is it an improvement? In some ways yes, in others no. It really depends on how you used to play the game. Personally, I feel as though they made a big push for this to be more about keyboard use and 1st person views rather than 3rd person and just using the mouse to interact with the world.

I feel like this is more a matter of standardizing functions and interaction so it's more like other MMOs. It's a lot more like Elder Scrolls Online or Shroud of the Avatar now it seems, and probably many others...

This is an interesting position about new camera of the game. Unlike fanboys, who say that everything always seems perfect to them, this thread is well reasoned, and concludes with two basic questions that many of us have asked ourselves in last hours. Hopefully one day MA will give us the answers.. :confused:

As a game dev, i dont get it, why MA just dont make 2 cam systems. the old one, and the new one, and let us choose what we like to use. This would be a real upgrade. Now it looks like a game, made for gamepads (console games).

I liked the old system. I also like some features in new system, but the cam realy could be like it was. Or even give us the option to use both systems.

I also would like the mouse drop on floor and move to there function back. I used that every day a lot, not only once, and on mining i miss this very much.

complete reversion to the old system at LEAST as an alternative is the only option

I feel like this is more a matter of standardizing functions and interaction so it's more like other MMOs. It's a lot more like Elder Scrolls Online or Shroud of the Avatar now it seems, and probably many others...

It's this. The new system is very much like other games now, which will be great for new players who struggled with the basics of the rather strange old system.

It's this. The new system is very much like other games now, which will be great for new players who struggled with the basics of the rather strange old system.

new players are going to hate all these shitton of buttons they need with the completely confuding keyboard layout. add to this the constant zooming and the very very bad target selecting and you got people who stop playing after 30 minutes ingame due to a very bad camera control system.

new players are going to hate all these shitton of buttons they need with the completely confuding keyboard layout. add to this the constant zooming and the very very bad target selecting and you got people who stop playing after 30 minutes ingame due to a very bad camera control system.

GTFO, we all know you're just another persona of boring_player. :rolleyes:

As a game dev, i dont get it, why MA just dont make 2 cam systems. the old one, and the new one, and let us choose what we like to use. This would be a real upgrade. Now it looks like a game, made for gamepads (console games).

I liked the old system. I also like some features in new system, but the cam realy could be like it was. Or even give us the option to use both systems.

Yes, i agree with you.

Targeting got a lot better.
Keyboard layout can be remade.
Camera take a little adjustemnt to... and about the 20 buttons, answered you in another thread:

So the worst part of this update is no more netflix.

They put all the previous 20 buttons on the button F, that you also have on right click, or, you can put it on 20 keys of your keyboard, where you had loot, autouse, pick etc

Also - who are you? Why not posting with your main account? :D

Also - Akbar? :D

Also - Akbar? :D

Oh snap... he was one of the ones that got super pissed at my post and PM'd me to tell me what an asslicker I was, then got offended that I had no idea who he was.

Hmm, this probably makes more sense than my theory, since Idiocracy's drivel seems to be on par with Akbar's drivel; boring_player is somewhat articulate when he tries to be.

This helps me as I always struggle with trying to play other games as I cant be arsed to learn a new control interface each time I try a new game

This helps me as I always struggle with trying to play other games as I cant be arsed to learn a new control interface each time I try a new game

in a few words it will be easier to go to cheaper games than EU.

Haha it does not sound like a big business for EU

I also would like the mouse drop on floor and move to there function back. I used that every day a lot, not only once, and on mining i miss this very much.

Agreed 100%:cool:

Back