VU 16 - Which Functionalities do you miss most? (multiple choice)

VU 16 - Which Functionalities do you miss most? (multiple choice)

• Dragging out Healthbars

Votes: 64 45.1%
  • Auto-Use tool

Votes: 56 39.4%
  • Select Next Target

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Loot Creature

Votes: 35 24.6%
  • Move to Target

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Look Up/Down

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • Pick-Up Vehicle

Votes: 41 28.9%
  • Target/Select others

Votes: 18 12.7%
  • Target/Select Claims

Votes: 21 14.8%
  • LBML not working

Votes: 10 7.0%

Votes: 14 9.9%
  • Reverse mouse buttons

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Delete/Remove top right hotkeys

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Centered 3rd person view (not OTS)

Votes: 55 38.7%
  • Ability to Zoom out further

Votes: 78 54.9%
  • Open multiple Terminal windows

Votes: 28 19.7%
  • Walking backwards while shooting

Votes: 42 29.6%
  • Attempt Tame action

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Mouse-over Interaction

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • All of the above

Votes: 15 10.6%

• Total voters
I miss being able to hit one key - select next target - and my avatar would turn if necessary behind me and run if necessary towards it and start shooting.

Private chat messages are no longer marked in yellow (if I have a window open with this player). I do not understand exactly this thing, to whom hinders :scratch2:
I have already missed several important messages for this reason.

Many options given are acrtually still available. The poll has been made too early i'd guess.

But I mostly miss a real zoom out and the ability to easily select claims and/or next target in hunt.

Global animation has been nerfed as well, and this is UNFORGIVABLE !

Many options given are acrtually still available. The poll has been made too early i'd guess.

But I mostly miss a real zoom out and the ability to easily select claims and/or next target in hunt.

Global animation has been nerfed as well, and this is UNFORGIVABLE !

Yes, the Functionality is there but has been changed. It is explained in the first post.

poll is a good feedback summary, then mindark doesn't have to read a 34 page whining and offtopic thread

just vote please, then they can adjust priority list (at least the comunity one)

Id love to be able to actually loot mobs in space again.

For now we need pills. I don't mind bugs in the short term which come with work arounds :)

Loot creature = right click dead mob

Try Rippersnappers or Igni, or Dirpi

I will surely find more where it is anoying as hell to loot them !

Dragging out Healthbars

It needs to come back.

I wont bother to hunt with its removal. I never liked playing this game in either FPS or OTS mode.

So, Centered 3rd person view is more or less fixed now I guess, I've adjusted the Horizontal position in Options>Gameplay and I think that will be ok for me. It's not perfect, when you scroll in and out, the camera seems to go off to one side a little at first but I can live with that.

MA has also stated that they will make it possible for players to zoom out further, and they announced that they are testing a new option to ignor field of view when locking a target.

There is still the obvious one which hasn't been addressed by MA yet, Dragging out Healthbars.

I think you left out run speed. They really nerfed that!:mad:

One thing that has been silently removed is the ability to look up the owner of a mining claim you find in wilderness.

Not that I miss it much, just wondering why on earth they needed to remove it.

wouldn't want the general population to catch someone playing that shouldn't be playing?

Really very bad news for speed :mad:

1. Walking backwards in Cursor mode no target.
Its called backwards for a reason.

2. Moving left or right Avatar turns.
It's called strafe every game has it WTF??

2. Auto shooting a target walking backwards is ok.
Auto shooting a target walking backwards and use move left or right auto shoot stops.
Auto moving to shoot flying target and use move left or right target unlocks.

I noticed in 3thrd person that if i scroll out when shooting and change the angle to higher it goes back to straight behing my avatar when i let it go. This is something i dont like cos sometimes its a must to change the angle u shooting from.

I noticed in 3thrd person that if i scroll out when shooting and change the angle to higher it goes back to straight behing my avatar when i let it go. This is something i dont like cos sometimes its a must to change the angle u shooting from.

Hold down left mouse button and drag the camera to the position you want and it won't snap back. Don't use the mouse wheel for that anymore.

Interesting good infornation for MA because obviously it will need to make some adjustments to the new camera...

Walking backwards in 3rd person, why on earth do the avatars turn around?!

Being able to stand where I want in a Trade Center and click on Storage, Crafting Machine, Auctioneer etc. without my Avatar being flung forwards through everyone else knocking them all over the place to be right face to face with what I'm interacting with! I want to stand still like before. In first person this flinging around is making me so motion sick.

Not having my Inventory window move to the centre of the screen and underneath the Auction Window and having to move it back out to the right of my screen every single time I use it.

Not being able to get rid of just the icons on the screen without a press of a button. Now if I press I lose everything, the icons, chat window, map and compass.

I'm sure I'll think of more...

1. Walking backwards in Cursor mode no target.
Walking backwards in 3rd person, why on earth do the avatars turn around?!

You can strafe or walk back only if you have a readied weapon in your hands.

They did say that:

Ready and Relaxed mode are used much more in the new system, and it is made clear when an avatar is in one of those modes.
Not sure about that 'clear' part though. :laugh:

You can strafe or walk back only if you have a readied weapon in your hands.

Thank you, I am aware of that but I don't wish to spend my life in game at the trade center, in a shop, at my hangar etc. with a readied weapon in my hand just so I can do a simple function like walk backwards!

I have already seen so many people entering the game, then seeing absurd changes and coming out. Whether they will ever come back again, only time will show. There are really some good changes, but there are so many bad ones that convert the avatar management in adventure... but not in the interesting sense of the word

It just makes little sense for a UI overhaul to make things more difficult/complicated.

Eg. Pick-Up vehicle - [ Used to be on hotbar, could be done with one keypress ] Now slower : keypress + mouse.

Eg2. Swap from 1st person to 3rd person - [ Used to be - scroll in or out of 1st/3rd person view ] Now required scroll and then keypress.

Since this poll was created, MindArk has fixed the 2 issues that have had the most votes in the poll, i.e. the zoom out range and the centered 3rd person view.

The 3rd issue with the most votes, missing healthbars, has not been fixed and MA has not indicated whether they even intend to bring them back.

So continue voting.

Well there are still things that need to be fixed / changed.

Sure, zooming out is great for people that play 3rd person.

I hunt in first person, mine in 3rd person.

So, yea, good call.

I miss most of the next target combo.

Sure we got lock target now, and even that was improved a bit.

I just stopped doing lazzy hunting, like I do on kerberos for example, because the new system sucks.

Which is not bad for me, since I stopped buying auto-loot pills in the TT since now lazzy hunts are over.

Thank you MA for saving my peds since the loot is crap too.

I'd say healthbar and the first person mode. There and there friends ask for adj fapping, it became an horror.

edit : and select next target ofc

edit 2 : and auto use tool !

edit 3 move to target !

edit 4 : édith piaf

Auto Use-Tool is my single most missed feature. I did some healing last night and observed I can hold down my mouse button to continuously cycle the fap, but there was no way I could find to auto use tool to heal continuously.

Since this poll was created, MindArk has fixed the 2 issues that have had the most votes in the poll, i.e. the zoom out range and the centered 3rd person view.

The 3rd issue with the most votes, missing healthbars, has not been fixed and MA has not indicated whether they even intend to bring them back.

So continue voting.

Healthbars is now the #2 issue with the most votes...

Common MA, what are you gonna do about it?

So in a nutshell, from the poll results, we like to be able to master the situation we're playing in.

Back