BUG: Tradeable become untradeable

Status

i.cromme

Prowler
Society
A free bird
Igor Kromas Guk
Some items become untradeable: (only if they are tiered)
[Arsonistic Chip TEN Edition]
[DSEC Seeker L30 (L)]
[ROCTEC M1-LF Finder (L)]
[Enkidd Howler S.4]

thats some personal bug
other players can trade those items

Answer for support case: We have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation, any irregularities found will be adjusted as soon as possible.

:(

did talk with some ppl..they have similar problems when they have attachments on it ..like some enhancer or extender...they get an error message or cant trade them...

you arent alone with this ...

i just add this here but i noticed some items in my storage isnt clickable anymore. so i cant move them or do anything with them. HOpefully MA sees this thread.

The common thing between all mine and others' items that were hit by this bug, they all were used with p20 extenders.

i just add this here but i noticed some items in my storage isnt clickable anymore. so i cant move them or do anything with them. HOpefully MA sees this thread.

It would help which items do you mean by that?

for example i have some issues draging some items which are in a container -->then i drag a square around them
or give an item to them on top and drag all out with square....

But thats longer an issue..not only since last patch...

Eddie

omg some items still can't be traded lol

I can't trade some items either, and it is quite annoying..

For reference it's happening when I try to trade certain guns.
It thinks there are attachments/enhancers on weapons that have none.

The exact error is:
"Only empty containers may be traded or be placed"

Last edited:
yup this is the danger of running with the existing system. you can't fix anything at all without breaking something else. there's no common library like with other SDKs (software development kits). there's no consistency like with tools for instance (is tp chip not a tool?). things which should act similarly can't because MA doesn't have simple software management.

i really like what they are trying to do. there needs to be a solid full complete absolute gigantic monstrous system analysis complete with outsider efficiency expert (anthony hopkins)(my choice: axemurderer) and streamline documentation of the existing code.

everyone knows what happens if things aren't documented properly and it's quite obviously happening here. as a code optimizer i can tell you right now there's only one way to tackle this one. and it's clean slate.

like it or don't this is seriously beating a dead horse. why can't everyone get on the WE NEED A NEW GAME ENGINE bandwagon? i swear, it'll be less stress on everyone to start a new game from scratch. stress is a killer; but axemurderer is kind of nice:)

Last edited:
i really like what they are trying to do. there needs to be a solid full complete absolute gigantic monstrous system analysis complete with outsider efficiency expert (anthony hopkins)(my choice: axemurderer) and streamline documentation of the existing code. everyone knows what happens if things aren't documented properly and it's quite obviously happening here.

as a code optimizer i can tell you right now there's only one way to tackle this one. and it's clean slate.

anthony hopkins?!¿?!! code optimizer?!¿?

(I'm all for a new game engine, just very confused)

Some items become untradeable: (only if they are tiered)
[Arsonistic Chip TEN Edition]
[DSEC Seeker L30 (L)]
[ROCTEC M1-LF Finder (L)]
[Enkidd Howler S.4]

is p2p only? brought from shopkeeper no problem

is p2p only? brought from shopkeeper no problem

It's not that all are bugged, only happens to some if they had attachments or enhancers put on. I can't trade my Adj A3 right now for the same reason, and I know someone who can't TT a limited weapon for the same reason.

MA is not worrying about that at all

so items that were bugged after vu 16 can be traded ?

i still can't play the game lol

in todays release notes its said...that it will be patched within next update

Same here... Cant put on auction my Xent Light Tech Riffle X3 or trade it. Same for TT sword i am unable to sell to TT after i put amp on him and deatach it...

I have encountered the exact same bug mentioned here. I do feel it is slightly different from the enhancer bug they mentioned in the Release Notes, but hopefully the both get fixed as I have over 1k tied up at the moment. My exact issue is as follows...

If I try to sell @ Trade Terminal;
"Only empty containers may be traded or be placed"

If I try to put on auction;
"This item cannot be traded."

I don't use enhancers but seems to happen to any finder, armor or weapon (L or UL) that has had an attachment (amplifier) put on it. The attachments themselves do not get locked.

This also is happening with 2 Quad-wings that had thrusters attached. The Quads will also sometime get an error when exiting a planet atmosphere. The error is about items in vehicle inventory. EU sees 1 item in vehicle inventory when in reality there is nothing inside.

I submitted a support case a while back which was immediately closed with the following copy/paste response;

"Thank you for your report.

We have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation, any irregularities found will be adjusted as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience."

Which I feel is vague and impersonal. Just thought I'd share for whatever it's worth, quite annoying as I have been test driving various armor/plate and finder/amp combinations.

anyone tested today ? those bugged items cant be even placed in trade terminal

im trying to get an item from a friend :mad:

I agree

Put in another support ticket after today's Release Note failed to acknowledge that this bug exists. I feel like listing it as a "known issue" would not be too much to ask at this point. Hopefully someone is working on it I have a decent amount of ped tied up.

Still not fixed ?

almost all my items become locked, limited and unlimited, what a hell

almost all my items become locked, limited and unlimited, what a hell

i was borrowing an item from a friend and lucky i didn't wait for it to get fixed ...would regret it so much

bump...

just found out one of my items recently bugged like this as well....

great fun

i can say more, when i add attachment to limited item some of them becomes untradeable even when i take off it

Another patch, and still not fixed ?

Status
Back