Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images

Critical: Motion sickness

First, let me quote myself from 4 months ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Angel O2 Mercer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In that case I hope you don't introduce any weird stuff (dof, strafe, motion blur, etc..). Games like that make me puke literally, I get motion sickness very easily and start feeling terrible. Only lasts for about 30 minutes but I'm unable to play.

Or if you do let us configure it and disable the new stuff.

I don't know what I would do if EU becomes one of the games that make me feel sick
    And sure enough, this is happenning after VU 16.0. Now I get dizzy and start feeling sick when I play.

I'm not sure what's causing it, I think it's due to the way the camera moves when you have a target locked. Or maybe just the way the new camera moves in general I really don't know.

Please look into fixing this, I really don't want to quit

Thank you.

EDIT: To clarify, the symptoms are: dizziness, cold sweat, mild tunnel vision (only if playing for long), mild headache. There are much worse games that cause this (Half Life used to get me really, really sick) but it's still noticeable and EU didn't have this problem before VU16. I have yet to tinker with settings to see if I can somehow mitigate it... but honestly don't hold much hope
    Last edited by Angel O2 Mercer; 02-20-2019 at 11:56.

bugs

i am gonna try to be optimistic MA although it is really bad. I see some really good stuff like its much easier to aim mobs now so i am very glad for it. But problem is how to chat to not stop all ur actions all the time now. How to turn ur avatar with mouse where u want it looks like my neck is broken lol. Plus its annoying when its shaking all the time when i shoot it makes me dizzy. Now take this as positive crittics i belive with little bit fixing this can work good.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Snake Slither Hellfire
    Society
    Dark Templar
    Images
    A temp fix is to start auto shooting a mob then left click the screen and rotate the camera just a little. This will keep the camera in place instead of moving around as the mob approaches.

This camera problem certainly needs fixing but I hope this little tip might help a little while MA sort out this crap.

Always Buying Rugaritz, PM me if you have any amount for sale

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slither View Post
    A temp fix is to start auto shooting a mob then left click the screen and rotate the camera just a little. This will keep the camera in place instead of moving around as the mob approaches.

This camera problem certainly needs fixing but I hope this little tip might help a little while MA sort out this crap.
    Thanks I will try this when I get home

Angel O2 Mercer
    Society
    Rangers
    Images
    Looks like I'm not the only one with this kind of issues, here I thought I was a total weirdo

Motion sickness sucks, not sure about this new camera system guys :S

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    First, let me quote myself from 4 months ago:

And sure enough, this is happenning after VU 16.0. Now I get dizzy and start feeling sick when I play.
    I am in the same boat, I have thought maybe even they changed refresh somehow or the client broadcasts at some rate the eye cant see, but is not natural. It seems definitely something more than the camera to me, flicker I cant really measure, something.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Snake Slither Hellfire
    Society
    Dark Templar
    Images
    It's not just the camera giving me headache, it's my beautiful new gauss rifle

The inability to zoom out means the flash of the gauss rifle at close range is painful, I've had to swap weapons 'till they sort it out.

Always Buying Rugaritz, PM me if you have any amount for sale

Guardian
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    In the land of Dorothy and Toto, before the Tornado
    Dakin Gaz Garos
    Society
    Freelancer

Motion Sickness

I have found the movement while auto shooting makes me feel a little sick to my stomach as well... It seemed to get better after a while, but I have to repeat this brief period of yuck each time I start playing. They just need to take out that wiggle of up and down while the Mob moves, and maybe that white flash every time the mob is hit.. both are not necessary, and would fix the issue for me. I think MA will be looking at this, because I am sure there are many more that suffer from motion sickness.

I am using a 34in curved monitor as well, so I think its like looking at a Windows that is moving... ugh!

Look forward to a resolution..

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jo Aloisius Smith
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Images
    Looks like I'm not the only one with this kind of issues, here I thought I was a total weirdo

Motion sickness sucks, not sure about this new camera system guys :S
    Its ok to be normal. It may not be socially acceptible but we love you just the same.

to see horrbile camera movements ... go in the argo cave. i make special big blue barf buckets for side peds.

I get headache,dizzy and mild nausea from this new camera movements, i have never experienced this in a game before. Not motivating to play atm

Go back to deafult settings and options pre-vu 16 and let anyone tweak new additions to their taste. thank you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast