Looks like MA put some work in for the new camera system and all that came with VU 16.

Tataio

Provider
Tataio spitfire misho
Hi,

I couldent post this in the Dev's forum part, so i post it here.

I have tested the new gameplay after the 16 vu. And i most say, i like it!

I get the Felling i am playing a Sci-fi game more now after the VU 16 then before. The new target system is nice, i Went to Cyrene to hunt Arrat, just to see if it fixed hitbox on the mob. And it have, when i select new target with the "Interact" key, it picks a new mob and starta spray it with laser. not ones have the avatar get stuck on the mob with the aim even if the mob is looted! and that killed the grinding expirince for me when hunting smaller mobs or puny's Before the 16 VU.

And the function that the aim Always fallow the mob's center is perfect, it save times instead of the avatar making a shot, then retarget agien for Another shot when had the auto tool on "wich made it take a sec to get the next shot away depedning on the mob size and if get Close fast, like hunting tabtab in toulan or hunting Arrat in Cyrene".

And the Avatar seem more alive with the new camera view when i am hunting, making the avatar leen more natural when i walk with "A" or "D", the new curser aim and the marking on the mob with red and the damage text even seems nice, and make all the experience more alive and interactiv in the game.

I can see that MA have put some work in to this, which make me have more trust in MA, they can do big Changes that can improve the gameplay and that my peds i loose goes to something that will improv the gameplay for me.

From a person that play the game, it is great to see MA taking some serius time to fix and invest for a better gameplay experince, both for us that play the game and the new players testing the game out.

Its good that the new players have a good first gameplay experience, that will make more new player stay. This make me wanna deposit agien, and to show my support for MA for all their work :)

I want to say thanks to the MA staff for this update, and hope that all you have in store next for us will be as good as this :)

For everyone else, i am talking about my experience about the gameplay after VU 16.

/Tataio

Lol good luck with this. :laugh::laugh:

hope that all you have in store next for us will be as good as this :)

Tataio

Well this VU has made it unplayable for a lot of people including myself. So if you want more people to leave then yes make it like the worst VU introduced. This VU won't bring in new players and will cause many current players to not play. Simple math.

I have a quiver of arrows I'd like to shoot at that target :laugh:

Yes, "MA put some work in for the new camera system", however is not better than old system!. Entropia Universe it was more than a game, i dont understand how is better the standardization with the other "only" games. I hope a real explanation of this change and not only to say us that will be "better", we need a real example of oportunities of this change for a better development and how with this it can grow the player base of EU. (Because thats like "hey outsider guys, now we have a camera equivalent to your favorite game, come with us and bring us all your money!" not sound logical to many of us) :confused:

Well this VU has made it unplayable for a lot of people including myself. So if you want more people to leave then yes make it like the worst VU introduced. This VU won't bring in new players and will cause many current players to not play. Simple math.

In what area do u mean unplayable? i did some hunting, dident have big problems there, did some mining, dident have any problems there. Sure its new, and we need to relearn somethings.

This is not "The end of the World" update, far from it.

This can make new player like the system, its make Entropia have Little more sci-fi Felling to it when hunting.

So i only hope u find something good about the new VU :)

Yes, "MA put some work in for the new camera system", however is not better than old system!. Entropia Universe it was more than a game, i dont understand how is better the standardization with the other "only" games. I hope a real explanation of this change and not only to say us that will be "better", we need a real example of oportunities of this change for a better development and how with this it can grow the player base of EU. (Because thats like "hey outsider guys, now we have a camera equivalent to your favorite game, come with us and bring us all your money!" not sound logical to many of us) :confused:

I gonna agree to you there about the way it was Before "still only been a day since the new update", it was original. But something must have been wrong with it too, becuse the new players that want to grind big amount of puny mobs, for mission reward, skillz, chance for a rare loot, aiming for bigger lvl. The only way for them to do that "without chipping in expansive ESI", is to grind day in and day out with loot pills. and with the old system, the hitbox on some small puny mobs were bad, the avatar just stopped shotting when it couldent find the hitbox, traying to walk slowly to the puny mob, intill it was standing, nearly above it, and then shot. Even selecting new target Key with auto tool in use, was broken, instead of shoting the new marked mob, the avatar is wierdly focused on the ground where the last mob were killed and looted by the auto loot pill. This is very annoying for new players, that put insane amount of time to lvl up its avatar, having this happen often. It kills the motivations to put down the hours to get to that higher lvl.

That is what MA have solved with the new update, from my Point of view. This will help the new player to have a more smooth gameplay and see that there is a way, from hard work to get higher up with the new Interact key, just get a ton of auto loot pill, ammo and grind away :)

In what area do u mean unplayable? i did some hunting, dident have big problems there, did some mining, dident have any problems there. Sure its new, and we need to relearn somethings.

This is not "The end of the World" update, far from it.

This can make new player like the system, its make Entropia have Little more sci-fi Felling to it when hunting.

So i only hope u find something good about the new VU :)

If this is how the game looked when I started I wouldn't of played. Just go to the 3rd person zoom thread and look at the poll where almost everyone is pissed off. Sorry but I hate first person view. It is unplayable especially for long duration or grinding style which I play. They literally changed everything about the game I love. It is now slower and harder to hunt. Not to mention who wants to do melee in first person.

Further the nerfing of attribute and run speed is just annoying. I hate how hunting looks feels and now the missions I was going to grind are pointless. This VU is a deal breaker. It's near impossible to log in. It is unplayable. Tried some piloting in space and well it's annoying with the camera snap back and very disorienting. Did some mining but now I run like a snail.

Sorry this VU did nothing to make EU better. This won't bring new players into the game and it just eliminated customization and things that people enjoyed. The downside is my Deeds will payout less cause some big time hunters will probably hang it up. Not to mention every healer is pissed off. Seriously removing health bars sigh...

If this is how the game looked when I started I wouldn't of played. Just go to the 3rd person zoom thread and look at the poll where almost everyone is pissed off. Sorry but I hate first person view. It is unplayable especially for long duration or grinding style which I play. They literally changed everything about the game I love. It is now slower and harder to hunt. Not to mention who wants to do melee in first person.

Further the nerfing of attribute and run speed is just annoying. I hate how hunting looks feels and now the missions I was going to grind are pointless. This VU is a deal breaker. It's near impossible to log in. It is unplayable. Tried some piloting in space and well it's annoying with the camera snap back and very disorienting. Did some mining but now I run like a snail.

Sorry this VU did nothing to make EU better. This won't bring new players into the game and it just eliminated customization and things that people enjoyed. The downside is my Deeds will payout less cause some big time hunters will probably hang it up. Not to mention every healer is pissed off. Seriously removing health bars sigh...

Well i havent tried the Melee grinding, only used buking rifle on arrat for 2 hours, shoggoth for 1 hour, both times with loot pill. i dident have any problem grinding them, only that the avatar most see the new target to be able to use the interact on the next mob.

And what to keep in mind, is that MA will adjust the system.

I dident see any diffrent on runing when i did some mining, but i do not use speed boost, may be that.

But this will make more new players stay in the game.

Hope the deed still will payout normal for u Abomb :)

Hi,

I couldent post this in the Dev's forum part, so i post it here.

I have tested the new gameplay after the 16 vu. And i most say, i like it!

I get the Felling i am playing a Sci-fi game more now after the VU 16 then before. The new target system is nice, i Went to Cyrene to hunt Arrat, just to see if it fixed hitbox on the mob. And it have, when i select new target with the "Interact" key, it picks a new mob and starta spray it with laser. not ones have the avatar get stuck on the mob with the aim even if the mob is looted! and that killed the grinding expirince for me when hunting smaller mobs or puny's Before the 16 VU.

And the function that the aim Always fallow the mob's center is perfect, it save times instead of the avatar making a shot, then retarget agien for Another shot when had the auto tool on "wich made it take a sec to get the next shot away depedning on the mob size and if get Close fast, like hunting tabtab in toulan or hunting Arrat in Cyrene".

And the Avatar seem more alive with the new camera view when i am hunting, making the avatar leen more natural when i walk with "A" or "D", the new curser aim and the marking on the mob with red and the damage text even seems nice, and make all the experience more alive and interactiv in the game.

I can see that MA have put some work in to this, which make me have more trust in MA, they can do big Changes that can improve the gameplay and that my peds i loose goes to something that will improv the gameplay for me.

From a person that play the game, it is great to see MA taking some serius time to fix and invest for a better gameplay experince, both for us that play the game and the new players testing the game out.

Its good that the new players have a good first gameplay experience, that will make more new player stay. This make me wanna deposit agien, and to show my support for MA for all their work :)

I want to say thanks to the MA staff for this update, and hope that all you have in store next for us will be as good as this :)

For everyone else, i am talking about my experience about the gameplay after VU 16.

/Tataio

I agree, a great update! :)

Well i havent tried the Melee grinding, only used buking rifle on arrat for 2 hours, shoggoth for 1 hour, both times with loot pill. i dident have any problem grinding them, only that the avatar most see the new target to be able to use the interact on the next mob.

And what to keep in mind, is that MA will adjust the system.

I dident see any diffrent on runing when i did some mining, but i do not use speed boost, may be that.

But this will make more new players stay in the game.

Hope the deed still will payout normal for u Abomb :)

I don't see any reason why this VU would make a new player stay in game more? Less options and customization is just less. Less is never more as you are eliminating some things people enjoy. I don't see why deeds would pay out if the grinders aren't grinding. When the people cycling 1-2k ped an hour cut their hunting down then that sucks.

I wouldn't say bukin hunting is even testing hunting or grinding. My kill rate is slower on grinding mobs with the new system not to mention sickening to try and look at for hours. Miss the old tab target/auto use and killing 1,000s of mobs in a day at max Zoom out in 3rd person. That just won't happen now. Slower kill rate also equals less ped spent per hour. They will need to make some adjustments to keep the majority of the player base happy. Other wise we can just watch the active hunter list evaporate.

Last edited:
I don't see any reason why this VU would make a new player stay in game more? Less options and customization is just less. Less is never more as you are eliminating some things people enjoy. I don't see why deeds would pay out if the grinders aren't grinding. When the people cycling 1-2k ped an hour cut their hunting down then that sucks.

I wouldn't say bukin hunting is even testing hunting or grinding. My kill rate is slower on grinding mobs with the new system not to mention sickening to try and look at for hours. Miss the old tab target/auto use and killing 1,000s of mobs in a day at max Zoom out in 3rd person. That just won't happen now. Slower kill rate also equals less ped spent per hour. They will need to make some adjustments to keep the majority of the player base happy. Other wise we can just watch the active hunter list evaporate.

Well thats what we dissagree about, the tabtab hunt was a mess with the old select next target while the auto tool use was active. have grinded alot there. now the aim will Always follow the mob, its a big improvment.

Using buking for grinding is what new player have as a option. or something similar. they dont have much ped to spend in the game.

Back