Agility- Run Speed Nerfed this VU :mad:

The Abomb

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Abomb Abomb ThePeoplesChamp
Once you get past the awful zoom and sickness of first person you will notice that drastic nerf to run speed and increased run speed from Agility/Items. Surprised there isn't a thread yet but felt like making one. I now run slower with my Accel ring than I did with no ring before the VU. Also if Agility isn't going to increase speed then why was I saving the tokens?? People that planned for long time to be in EU this is a slap in the face. Making attributes even more worthless when they are the standard of progression in EU.

Simple fix would be to revert the changes and for MA for once to actually buff Attributes and what they do instead of the constant nerf and stealth nerfs to them.

I don't have the results from all the speed test yesterday perhaps the test can be posted at some point but just find it to be a shame this attribute is now worthless. Running constantly like I am overweight isn't fun.

Edit- I noticed something was off then Akbar who has 126 agility msg me and was doing test with other avatar's and an MA official. To verify the nerfs.

Last edited:
I would agree, I feel almost burdened with 25% run on , add a pill for 35% and its barely noticeable.
Seems off for certain, I would not be surprised if it were a full decimal place (2.5% /3.5%). :)

bump for the quick.

I (agility=108) just had a little race with my wife (agility=54) and i was only a little bit faster than her, maybe 5% max when in last vu I would have smoked her :(

Funny MA, they remove next target. Forcing us to run within the range of our weapons in order to use "next target" that only targets what we can see, and that is within weapon range (because screw melee users right), whilst also converting us all to slowpokes. I'm sure they are having a blast laughing at our fat asses in their offices. :lolup::silly2:

I (agility=108) just had a little race with my wife (agility=54) and i was only a little bit faster than her, maybe 5% max when in last vu I would have smoked her :(

This is the biggest deal breaker in the VU and game for me. I play MMO's and EU to attain skills, attributes, HP to progress. EU is a grinding/progression game. Each time I log in I can progress more. Now if they remove progression there is no reason to log in.

Hunting is already unbearable as Melee and not having 3rd person. Now there is no reason to finish attribute missions as well. Got it. :censored:

Agree

I agree here as well, I kept checking to see if my avatar was overweight or too many items yesterday because of the slow movement. It seems my wondering wasn't wrong.

This needs a fix.

The slow down while hunting is bad, it's even worse for mining :(

Since this VU is in likely based on ideas of messi & co they likely also changed it to have almost no effect until 200 for Agility and 80 Stamina :D

Since this VU is in likely based on ideas of messi & co they likely also changed it to have almost no effect until 200 for Agility and 80 Stamina :D

I chuckled ;)

However an MA official with 5,000 agility has the exact run speed of someone with 126 agility in the speed test. Which is unfortunate. :eyecrazy: Making it pointless sigh...

It seems this is definitely a nerf, hopefully unintentional.

You know what's funny. I do have noticed slower speed and even thought my hermetics doesn't work anymore. BUT I do have data from a month ago and was able to compare. There is 636 meters of perfectly flat surface in Port Atlantis between [Calypso, 61327, 75262, 118, start] and [Calypso, 61693, 75262, 118, finish]. A month ago I did run it in 72 seconds unbuffed (101 agility). Yesterday I did run it in same 72 seconds (and same 57 sec with perf hermetic).

UPD: here is a typo, 366 meters

Last edited:
You know what's funny. I do have noticed slower speed and even thought my hermetics doesn't work anymore. BUT I do have data from a month ago and was able to compare. There is 636 meters of perfectly flat surface in Port Atlantis between [Calypso, 61327, 75262, 118, start] and [Calypso, 61693, 75262, 118, finish]. A month ago I did run it in 72 seconds unbuffed (101 agility). Yesterday I did run it in same 72 seconds.

Interesting I do know you were doing test. Thanks for your Data. Did you compare test with Akbar?

Interesting I do know you were doing test. Thanks for your Data. Did you compare test with Akbar?

Yes he did run in 71 sec, but have no old data to compare with. An adviser did it 67 sec before the VU, yet to get one to test it again.

The only possible explanation I see is our avatars now do slower but bigger strides.

I also thought my avatar was slower than before.

But since the camera is now very close to avatar, it can be an optical effect (impression), due to the reduced visual field.

Long time ago when i had about 50 in Agility i had no problem to run from a Atrox young nowdays i have over 120 in Agility and i have no chanse to a Atrox young.

Long time ago when i had about 50 in Agility i had no problem to run from a Atrox young nowdays i have over 120 in Agility and i have no chanse to a Atrox young.

Pre vu I could outrun atrox Young with augmented speed ring and bunny.

Will try again, to see if it's still the same.

I wonder if it's possible they just changed the running animation on avatar and not the actual speed... what do you think?
I noticed something changed in the first few seconds after log in but I noticed the ring modifies the speed and the way it's modifying it, it seems it uses acceleration mechanics and not instant change of speed. It would make sense, with a new camera somewhat... So the speed could be fine, just the legs are pacing slower - you you do less foot steps per same time but the speed is the same? If I'm right, good stuff, but it would have been awesome to do a better alignment with old animation.

Svarog's data is amazing, kudos for that one!

I do most mining, so i run a lot everywhere on whole caly landscape.

It feels more slow, but hard to say it feels, or it is slower. But what i find out, you move much faster on mountains as before, what i realy like!

I think I remember reading somewhere that you now run slower with an item in your hands, try comparing speeds with and without a weapon out.

I think I remember reading somewhere that you now run slower with an item in your hands, try comparing speeds with and without a weapon out.
There's something there certainly!

Svarog to please test again, with no tool, with tool but relax mode then tool in ready mode.
Thank you!

There's something there certainly!

Svarog to please test again, with no tool, with tool but relax mode then tool in ready mode.
Thank you!

Stop being lazy, why don't you test it yourself? Give Svarog some well deserved rest.

Will try if I can outrun Pyromancer with the Maffoid speed buff as it was possible for my avatar before this VU, this will be also a good indicator for me if speed is reduced in this VU.

You know what's funny. I do have noticed slower speed and even thought my hermetics doesn't work anymore. BUT I do have data from a month ago and was able to compare. There is 636 meters of perfectly flat surface in Port Atlantis between [Calypso, 61327, 75262, 118, start] and [Calypso, 61693, 75262, 118, finish]. A month ago I did run it in 72 seconds unbuffed (101 agility). Yesterday I did run it in same 72 seconds (and same 57 sec with perf hermetic).

138 agility

72 seconds unbuffed

56 seconds 25% speed buff

56 seconds 25% speed buff gun equipped

56 seconds 25% speed buff gun in ready mode entire way (shot gun every 5 seconds or so to stay in ready mode)

So 138 agility same as 101 agility, that is offensive...

Plus I'm pretty sure I'm slower overall and it's not just a visual illusion.

I don't' see a nerf. Same waiting to clear distance in LMBL.

I love...

...the steady pace on inclines no penalty!!!

Brick

138 agility

72 seconds unbuffed

56 seconds 25% speed buff gun equipped

56 seconds 25% speed buff gun in ready mode entire way (shot gun every 5 seconds or so to stay in ready mode)

So 138 agility same as 101 agility, that is offensive...

Plus I'm pretty sure I'm slower overall and it's not just a visual illusion.

Thanks for the Info

Indeed the 138 is the same as 101 is pretty offensive. However not as much as the fact that 5,000 agility advisor did it in the same?? Well at least that is what I heard. Svarog said he did it in 67 secs before the VU.

So perhaps the main thing is visually but seems to be some tampering on the scaling of agility? If Dan with 204 Agility got in the same race would it be the same as 138? Geez what a slap in the face to improve your Avatar in a game that is supposed to have infinite skilling.

Again this now makes me wonder why am I saving tokens? Attributes should be one of the main focus of progression of your avatar. If there is no difference between 101 and 138 then why continue? Why spend tons of PED to grind epic long missions? This is a topic that must be addressed. Should I eat my tokens now because they are pointless? Maybe it is time to re-evaluate attributes and their benefits cause they have been changed drastically over the years. Some changes known and some stealth nerfs.

This is a progression game if there is no progression then simply put there is no reason to play. MA please comment on the specifics of attributes and take a look into this matter.

If Attributes are pretty much worthless now then well we can all just stop doing the missions. Just PED saved and less spent. I am sure that doesn't fit into MA's business model though.

Last edited:
Repeated what Xen did with same result.

Also walked backward while relaxed and while shooting gun, it's same and is the same 40% of forward speed as it was before.

I wonder if it's possible they just changed the running animation on avatar and not the actual speed... what do you think?

Svarog's data is amazing, kudos for that one!

Yeah this may be it,

In many other games it seems quite slow when the character is big vs small, the length of legs / size of horse alone can sometimes make the pace seem off, when really is not.

That, and the camera if too close makes it seem that way, I am used to zoomed out a lot more for that reason, 1st person seems wrong speed to me.

But it still feels a bit slow maybe on slopes more so or something with the slope change. some ramps for example seem very slow, as if i was climbing a steep slope, going to a slow walk, in some places.
Thanks for the Info

Indeed the 138 is the same as 101 is pretty offensive. However not as much as the fact that 5,000 agility advisor did it in the same??

I am not sure if its agility based slowness tbh for me at 100 agility , I am noticing a change with 25% run all the time due to rings, and adding pills to extend that to 35%. I really don't notice much difference, and perhaps the buffs are not modifying as they should?.

138 agility

72 seconds unbuffed

Not to mention 25% of 72 seconds is 18, which should mean you both (Xen, Savrog) should be 54 seconds or faster.
The difference being the 2 seconds(54-56) /18 or 11% of the buff. 16% in Savrogs case with 3 second difference
Which would be slightly noticeable I think. Unless missing something?

Last edited:
Not to mention 25% of 72 seconds is 18, which should mean you both (Xen, Savrog) should be 54 seconds or faster.
The difference being the 2 seconds(54-56) /18 or 11% of the buff.
Which would be slightly noticeable I think. Unless missing something?

72.00 / 1.00 = 72.00
72.00 / 1.25 = 57.60

They're in fact faster than they should be.

Back