Agility- Run Speed Nerfed this VU :mad:

Yeah my timing could be off by half a second or something. The main problem is agility stops counting after 100. This screws those who put in a lot of work (missions) to get that agility and reduces incentive for anyone else to do it.

I think this is intended and I think it will stay this way. It's probably a cap like this on all skills/professions, evader, looter, the only aspect of the skills you can progress on infinite could be the health. I think it's normal because otherwise it could create a gap too big between 5% that go way beyond and the middle group that are around 70-80 - which is probably the largest constant groups of all.
There should be an incentive but it should have very small impact. There could be some cool perks at various stages - like autoloot skill unlocked at level 50-60 looter, 1% crit buff at level 100 in damage. There are many interesting ideas on the forums about content like this.

Thanks for these tests, very interesting - actual rare stuff - useful information in a forum that tends to go a lot these days towards fake news, conspiracies and a lot of toxic debate..

I think this is intended and I think it will stay this way. It's probably a cap like this on all skills/professions, evader, looter, the only aspect of the skills you can progress on infinite could be the health. I think it's normal because otherwise it could create a gap too big between 5% that go way beyond and the middle group that are around 70-80 - which is probably the largest constant groups of all.
There should be an incentive but it should have very small impact. There could be some cool perks at various stages - like autoloot skill unlocked at level 50-60 looter, 1% crit buff at level 100 in damage. There are many interesting ideas on the forums about content like this.

Thanks for these tests, very interesting - actual rare stuff - useful information in a forum that tends to go a lot these days towards fake news, conspiracies and a lot of toxic debate..

You bring up an interesting point which is Auto loot and I believe that all Attributes need an overhaul like we got with the Skill VU update.

We should allocate something to both Psyche and Intel. Just like how Str increases weight and Agility increase run.

So either Intel or Psyche could be an Auto loot unlock then the range could increase the more you get. Would be extremely nice motivator to pursue those professional attributes and grind.

I think stamina should be reworked too and provide 1 hp per 1 stamina.

On the topic of run speed capped or maxed realistically nothing should be capped. There is nothing wrong if an avatar can run faster than a vehicle. This is an endless progression game "or at least it is supposed to be" So when you "CAP" things it takes away the core aspect of the game.

If they do a Attribute rework and it is time for one. They should remove all caps and add incentive to go from 110 agility to 120 or 150 to 160. Same for each attribute. Heck hitting 100 in any attribute could unlock something cool. There really are endless possibilities as you mention, like the 1% crit.

It would be nice if all the attributes also provided greater HP gains and in the nature of this MMORPG where content isn't supposed to be hard, 100,000s of mobs are supposed to be done efficiently. The end goal is to basically be Immortal and Unkillable just like other RPGs. Which is why I think the skill update was great but more needs to be done. The miner unlocks should all provide HP and a rework of attributes.

There is nothing wrong with an Avatar becoming an unkillable god in an RPG with no limits, heck it is expected. It would be cool if MA could officially make some statements on future plans of Skills and Attributes. Only thing planned is Armor requirements so maybe they will change some things when they introduce that as well.

Evey;3710487 There could be some cool perks at various stages - like autoloot skill unlocked at level 50-60 looter said:
love it..... :)

I don't expect it to be linear, I wouldn't expect to run twice as fast as someone with 70 agility, but it should count for more run speed, not just a tiny contribution to health and some professions.

Just don't test speed using 'Follow'. :laugh:

Follow algo is inefficient by about 3% or so. (meaning the one following will stay behind by ~30 m per km all other things being equal)

I believe just like any thing added to the game there are vu notes and pointers to highlight any changes, just as the same anything nerfed or removed or changed in any way shape or form should also be mentioned clearly...total transparency.

which would be quite good and build some confidence among the participants specially the way things are going and how alot of the people are feeling while many little voicing there opinions and alot are not in fear of backlash or to be mocked...but maybe it is wishful thinking on part.

But to do it in a manner as above where we have to find out ourselves does come under a bit of a ( hey if they don't we will get away with it) attitude which is not very professional, specially for a company that's been around for the time it has been and the kind of investments people have done.

be transparent, be open, be straight and finally listen and communicate.

Regards
Tees

Any news on this?

I also favored missions that give Agility. But maybe I need rethink my plans for missions now if it stays this way :scratch:

Any news on this?

I also favored missions that give Agility. But maybe I need rethink my plans for missions now if it stays this way :scratch:

Well the best thing MA could do is. Have an attribute rebalance like they did with the skills rebalance. When they gave many skills an HP boost making them valuable so some professions weren't at a disadvantage.

MA should update attributes. Giving them more value and re-look at agility and how much % speed increase you get then actually publish it to be transparent. Zero reason for them "NOT" to do this. If they can re-code old skills to now give HP they can re-code the attributes to perform better and offer more HP/benefits.

Also think stamina should be a 1 to 1 for HP.

I will keep attaining attributes and "IF" or "When" this happens then you will have benefited. However its hard to say what MA really has planned. Or anything that is worthwhile in the near future. Still waiting for the armor requirement update that happened when looter came out. This could go either way.

138 agility

72 seconds unbuffed

56 seconds 25% speed buff

Ran same test, 156 agility now.

70 seconds unbuffed.

56 seconds 25% speed buff.

Nice of MA to reward progress in their game.

Reactions: 3-J
Back