PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Provider
    tyires tyirepl tyirepl
    Images
    everything in the universe is relative.

new camera perspective twists our brain into thinking that we are moving slower. this is the side effect of the VU. avatars are moving at the same speed, it just looks slower.

I couldn't help myself too thinking I am actually moving slower but in fact it looks like it is only the new camera that creates such feeling

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Got the last piece of data. An adviser with 5000 agility still runs in 67 sec unbuffed and in 50 with 35% buff (50% acceleration chip capped at 35% for "action" buffs), exactly same as pre-VU.

Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to mention 25% of 72 seconds is 18, which should mean you both (Xen, Savrog) should be 54 seconds or faster.
    The difference being the 2 seconds(54-56) /18 or 11% of the buff.
    Which would be slightly noticeable I think. Unless missing something?
    72 / 1.25 = 57.6 (measured 57) - Me
    71 / 1.25 = 56.8 (measured 56) - Xen
    67 / 1.35 = 49.6 (measured 50) - advisor

Taking into account that the time measurement wasn't super-precise and we drop decimals, the numbers fit pretty well the expectations.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rafaele Meiersos Rocko
    Society
    Trigger Happy
    Images

Speed seams OK

Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele Meiers View Post
    Will try if I can outrun Pyromancer with the Maffoid speed buff as it was possible for my avatar before this VU, this will be also a good indicator for me if speed is reduced in this VU.
    I tried it out, with 87 Agility and the Maffoid Speed Buff (think its 10%) I am still fast enough to outrun the Pyromancer so even it looks slower the speed is the same.

Without the Maffoid speed buff 87 Agility alone is not enough to run down the stairs without teleporting back.
    Dont hunt/mine on taxed LA's it will hurt you in the long run.

Xendar Xen Xal
    Society
    Payn Inc.
    Images
    There is still a big problem with 138 agility being the same as 101. I did a lot of missions to get that agility, sometimes taking agility in lieu of skills, it should be worth something besides a tiny amount of health.
    Xen Shop ESI 209.50 + 76.59 | Genesis ArcSpark | Imperial HAZEN Gloves (M) | Halloween and Christmas Strongboxes | Dune Rider Arm Guards (M) | Dune Rider Foot Guards (M) | Athenic Ring Adjusted | Artemic Ring Perfected | Hermetic Ring Augmented | Dominax Original Boiga Adjusted

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Forgo Forgorth Lundain
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post

72 / 1.25 = 57.6 (measured 57) - Me
    71 / 1.25 = 56.8 (measured 56) - Xen
    67 / 1.35 = 49.6 (measured 50) - advisor

Taking into account that the time measurement wasn't super-precise and we drop decimals, the numbers fit pretty well the expectations.
    Considering this isn't a dynamic buff, there should be no fitting into expectations.

There is no dispute that 72/4(25%) is 18 seconds, and also no dispute that 18 minus 72 should be 54 seconds not 57.6.

you - 3.6 seconds slower than math says should be,
    (72*.25 = 18 seconds minus your base 72 = 54)
    54 minus your 57.6

xen - 3.55 seconds slower
    (71*.25 = 17.75 seconds minus his base 71 = 53.25 )
    53.25 minus his 56.8

advisor- 6.05 seconds slower?
    (67*.35 = 23.45 seconds minus his base 67 = 43.55 )
    43.55 minus his 49.6

maybe I am wrong here but this should be how it works vs how is reported?

134/100 agility is nowhere near a .05 second diff nor could be resolved to it. So this is probably due to rounding? and what about the 2.5 second diff?

Nor does it make sense that there is only a one second gap for 34 more agility vs 5 seconds for 5000 more agility on the base run. vs above (.05 vs 2.5 seconds) unless agility or something else is somehow modifying run buff.

25% more run (or whatever it is) should be applied equally to all players regardless when using their own agility on the base run without buffs anyhow if that makes sense, so we shouldn't see any variation at all after the buff is applied, except for the buff itself of course.

And even still, that is not much of any buff left at all for agility. We only need 900 more to gain 1 second at that rate.

Just because they seem to line up, does not make a static number the static number it should be.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    hijacker Hijacker27 inferno
    Society
    Agents of Entropy
    Images
    Forgo your math is wrong. If I run 100% faster I do the distance in 0 seconds?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Magnus Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by forgo View Post
    There is no dispute that 72/4(25%) is 18 seconds, and also no dispute that 18 minus 72 should be 54 seconds not 57.6.
    There is a dispute because percents don't work like that. What will you do to calculate a 100% buff difference, divide by 0?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Xavier Jr Riquelme
    Society
    Guess Who
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    Thanks for the Info

Indeed the 138 is the same as 101 is pretty offensive. However not as much as the fact that 5,000 agility advisor did it in the same?? Well at least that is what I heard. Svarog said he did it in 67 secs before the VU.

So perhaps the main thing is visually but seems to be some tampering on the scaling of agility? If Dan with 204 Agility got in the same race would it be the same as 138? Geez what a slap in the face to improve your Avatar in a game that is supposed to have infinite skilling.

Again this now makes me wonder why am I saving tokens? Attributes should be one of the main focus of progression of your avatar. If there is no difference between 101 and 138 then why continue? Why spend tons of PED to grind epic long missions? This is a topic that must be addressed. Should I eat my tokens now because they are pointless? Maybe it is time to re-evaluate attributes and their benefits cause they have been changed drastically over the years. Some changes known and some stealth nerfs.
    100% agree!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Evey Eve Everglades
    Society
    ROUA
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Abomb View Post
    Thanks for the Info

Indeed the 138 is the same as 101 is pretty offensive. However not as much as the fact that 5,000 agility advisor did it in the same?? Well at least that is what I heard. Svarog said he did it in 67 secs before the VU.

So perhaps the main thing is visually but seems to be some tampering on the scaling of agility? If Dan with 204 Agility got in the same race would it be the same as 138? Geez what a slap in the face to improve your Avatar in a game that is supposed to have infinite skilling.

Again this now makes me wonder why am I saving tokens? Attributes should be one of the main focus of progression of your avatar. If there is no difference between 101 and 138 then why continue? Why spend tons of PED to grind epic long missions? This is a topic that must be addressed. Should I eat my tokens now because they are pointless? Maybe it is time to re-evaluate attributes and their benefits cause they have been changed drastically over the years. Some changes known and some stealth nerfs.

This is a progression game if there is no progression then simply put there is no reason to play. MA please comment on the specifics of attributes and take a look into this matter.

If Attributes are pretty much worthless now then well we can all just stop doing the missions. Just PED saved and less spent. I am sure that doesn't fit into MA's business model though.
    Here's a wild idea, how about you make a real progression and raise your looters level instead of making a showoff progression and get a gazillion agility?

Twitch channel
    | EntropiaLife profile | PM for "Eve's mod fap fen service" | Face masks

Sandal San Tolk
    Society
    OldTimers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    Here's a wild idea, how about you make a real progression and raise your looters level instead of making a showoff progression and get a gazillion agility?
    It is one of the foremost attributes contributing to Evader, health and a lot of other areas. In which way is this "showoff"? Other than any avatar development at all being useless in life.
    1. I NEVER post off-topic.
    2. If you disagree, go to 1.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast