Suggestion: Let's Add some Cheap -yet very Effective- Members to MindArk's Graphic/Artistic Team : stagists from Universities...

bigPaul

Dominant
Paul Ray Spinn
Hallo Friends :)

Recently I have read the CEO's announce that MindArk will hire 7 new people.
Very good news for the Development of the Game.

To further speed up the Game Development process, I have reflected about the possibility to add other people for low/middle tasks within the Company, thus letting some current MindArk's workers focus on more important/demanding tasks.
I don't know if MindArk already accepts interns from Universities : if not, you can consider my hint.

For example I have explored the possibility that MindArk could accept some interns from Universities, in the field of Computer Graphics.
Those interns might work on low/middle tasks regarding Graphic Themes : like Texture Design, Texture Quality Control, and such.

This is a cheap way to add some talented members to the already existing Team, thus letting some Senior Members focus on more important Projects.

Examples of BAD Textures in-game, to be URGENTLY improved :
the terrain Textures around Orthos Oil Field ; just visit the surroundings around Orthos Oil Field (just west of Orthos Oil Field; and also south of it) and observe the current terrain textures (the definition "Bad spinach Field" should tell all, it's simply horrible).

Some months ago I had added a screenshot in my Gallery, but it seems gone (only the thumbnail is still available, and you can see it below : maybe also zooming a bit the image by your browser) : but no problem, just quickly visit the area and check it personally.
That horrible terrain texture has been there literally for years.

[UPDATE June,11,2019 : The terrain texture around the Orthos Oil Field area has been a bit improved, now it's not a masterpiece but surely it has been improved : the heavy "spinach field" pattern, reported in this post, has been mitigated]

bad_terrain_texture_-_area_near_orthos_oil_field_thumb.jpg

In general, the terrain textures within the Game are an aspect that could be GREATLY improved, in some locations (while other locations are already looking decently).

Some interns from Universities could address such simple -yet IMPORTANT- aspects of the Game, adding a GREAT VISUAL impact for the Players, with pleasant, minor costs ;

and also with a very positive impact on the current priorities of some Senior Members of the Game Development Team.

Enjoy :)
Paul

PS
Here I used the word "stagist", that is a kind of neologism, as synonym of the word "intern" :
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/intern

intern
A student or trainee who works, sometimes without pay, in order to gain work experience or satisfy requirements for a qualification.

Last edited:
We call them co-ops over here in the US.
Having been one and also having them work for me on my team over the years - They can turn out really good work from my experience. Good bang for the buck!

yup any idea is good. MA is limited very much by it's control hierarchy. they can only consider ideas that don't threaten their existence. at least until axemurderer finishes the cleanout phase.

Back