Votes: 96 49.0%
  • No.

Votes: 100 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Idiocracy

Mature
Banned
Simple Question. Do you like the new camera system, or do you prefer the old one? Keep it simple.

What is even the point of this poll? Half the people here have already decided they hate it because it is different from before. Is still a bit rough around the edges in some cases, but that will probably be fixed in due time.

I am surprised people have been able to play this game at all judging from the comments so far. Entropia must have the highest rate of people with disabilities I have ever seen.

The game now plays like a majority of modern games do and not like they did 15 years ago.

Do this poll again after people have calmed down and stopped being so whiny about change.

I voted yes, but, it's only part of the story, it's a YES, but - because there are many things that need improvement, refining and some missing things and according to dev, some of the stuff we asked for are already on their way.

It would be nice to have a proper poll in game, a little interface on which you have to cast your vote before entering the game, that way the dev team can have a much better iddea of player's opinion since this forum doesn't represent the majority.

It would also be nice to tell us who you are ingame, Idiocracy :)

atm I prefer the old system but I can see the potential in the new system. I'm sure after a vu or 2 that this new system will be better.

You need to be willing to give it a chance at least for any feedback to be fair. We're all skeptical of changes but pure inertia doesn't make a good argument, especially when at the same time yelling at them to fix stuff since forever.

I like it, and they didn't lie when they predicted that it grows on you once you get familiar with it. As others have said, it needs some tweaking still as some playstyles have been disadvantaged. This was expected and again, for fairness' sake, give them the breathing space to finish it. No complex product is ever made perfect in one go.

I voted for Yes (although old system was fine as well for me), but some improvements are needed.
The camera zooming in and out all the time when using terminals is very annoying.:loco:

dont know why this would be relevant. you wanne start with ad hominem attacks?

Why making the false assumption? It's a simple question.

I'm sure many people prefer to know this because it's good to know who your interlocutor is; sometimes, personally, I skip threads and even comments started by people who I think they don't have any interesting things to say or have bad intentions overall...

So who are you? Simple question :)

I voted Yes aswell even I liked old system more.
people should remember its still first version of system and I believe it will be better than old one.

I sure hope they add more flexibility to camera mode so i can zoom out even to space if I want.

dont know why this would be relevant. you wanne start with ad hominem attacks?

Because only a total pussy has to hide behind anonymity.

See, I can do the ad hominem attacks without even knowing who you are, so you may as well tell us.

Reactions: San
I voted no.. I personally don't see any new advantages to the new system other than giving everyone motion sickness. The limitations on zoom while hunting are a problem but while in seat on a Mothership gun is even worse. Also, due to the camera being over the shoulder, everything seems lopsided..

As far as I'm concerned, give me back the old system. :cussing:

It's fine. I worked out how much awesome it is while flying in space. MA/Planet Fagypso, you really need tutotrials on this shit ya douches.

I voted "No": new camera is not so terrible but but sometimes it tires and just scares lol:

Basically I only miss being able to zoom back and look at other ppl while crafting and such. Now I have to turn camera and look at myself from the front to see whats at the back..

i like the direction they are going with the targeting system - but the camera system ahhh meh. got to bring out the zoom. i like the fix your camera horizontal and verticle but - id rather have the old max zoomed out all the time. hunting (with the fixed targeting is impossible now) try a swarm of big berycleds at royal club for the example. I don't like also the way my camera forces on the point in the mob - see caudatergus ( i can't imagine togolossi lol) the cursor automaticially goes inside your pet. and inside the argo cave was really weird camera jumping ( weird before too but hay got to say lol). wish there was a way to make the camera stick to one spot.

If i have to decide now which camera system i like better - by far the old one. but at risk of rolling back the other changes which when polished will make the game better maybe to just move it along. ultimately the best result out of all this is MA will see it will be a big project but actually easier on all of us just to make a new game from scratch. maybe. then port us into it.

Lots of bad!

Why did they do this??
I don't want an FPS console game.
I want a freedom of movement 3rd person game.
I can only play semi normal 3rd person when I have the Inventory window open now.
Soon as I lose the Inventory window my curser goes away and as I move the mouse the camera just spins around.
The buffer reload is not working on the guns now so I started using the auto shoot.
I can walk backwards in auto shoot but as soon as I strafe I stop shooting.
Use the E key and I follow the mob but now as soon as I hit strafe or run it unlocks.
Swimming is really bad now. I swim like a spaz... The camera wont center from behind.
I drove off a bridge with my P.I.G. and the car sunk to the bottom.
I used the Fucking "F" key to pick up my vehicle and started spinning around like i got flushed down a toilet.
I could hardly swim down to my car and pick it up.
As I drive across country the car starts to wobble back an forth like there's an earthquake.
Only problem is its not the car moving its the world.
Makes me feel sick.

So no Id say NO! NO! NO!

Gotta say it's growing on me, after latest VU, and with new upcoming changes planned, i.e ability to next target stuff not in your field of view in advanced options as said by Dennis.

Main thing that bothers me now is that we cannot target what we can't see. So no more next target and then auto-use tool.

There's plenty of kinks to sort out in space, but on planet it seems fine :) I'll be optimistic and hope we have a few more patches to iron out the creases. I vote yes.

I can only play semi normal 3rd person when I have the Inventory window open now.
Soon as I lose the Inventory window my curser goes away and as I move the mouse the camera just spins around.

Tried pressing ALT? That is the standard set key for cursor mode on/off

As usual when something that is not mandatory is implemented You can espect at most a 20% of rejection for it, because people are not always open to changes. However, that will not matter because with the other 80% of the people it will move on without any issues.

But if the case is that half of the people is rejecting the change, chances are there is a bigger problem there.

We all hope MA can make the proper changes to fix the issues all people are asking them to fix so they can find a permanent solution in the fastest way possible.

Last edited:
Tried pressing ALT? That is the standard set key for cursor mode on/off

I turned on "use system cursor" and turned off "don't use cursor when not needed" in settings. That should have done it?
Ill try when I get home tonight.
Thanks

I turned on "use system cursor" and turned off "don't use cursor when not needed" in settings. That should have done it?Ill try when I get home tonight.Thanks
No, it's not in settings. That does different things. It's an action assigned to ALT by default

Bump. In weekend is needed people votes.. :cool:

No, I dont like it.

If you know the story, you will know why I dont like it.

AM ..... familiar name?

Last edited:
I voted "No": new camera is not so terrible but but sometimes it tires and just scares lol:

nice pic here shows how the pets are gonna interfere with the new targeting system. caudatergus is worse actually.

I do like it. Just miss auto-use. Not great for carpal tunnel clicking a mouse constantly all day.

Yes. With a bigger zoom out.

Back