Do you like the new camera system?

Do you like the new Camera System?

• Yes.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • No.

Votes: 100 51.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do like it. Just miss auto-use. Not great for carpal tunnel clicking a mouse constantly all day.

Just hold the use tool key. It goes into auto use tool then

Just hold the use tool key. It goes into auto use tool then
Ahh, thanks. That's seriously a relief.

Just two issues then. Sometimes after a mob dies, my avatar starts spinning in circles. I figured out I can stop it by toggling first/third person, but it's still annoying.

Also, sometimes when targeting a mob, the camera isn't centered when in third person. So I'm looking at the mob from an angle. Again, minor annoyance, but I should be able to look straight on.

Bump. All people needs vote here!

i put yes - but i think i might be regretting that decision with all these hidden bugs.

Voted NO, because I like healthbars and some other things that are no longer working!

I voted NO, but I do like some of the new things.

I voted NO, but I do like some of the new things.

Totally agree, some things are good, but removing options we have had for years makes the VU a bad VU imho.

so in summary:

about half of the people prefer the new camera, but only when they update it a bit as its not good right now.

and the other half prefers the old camera, mostly due to things that are missing now, like zoom levels, health bars and next target.

the problem i see is that the first group of people may end up being happy after a few updates as some of their wishes can be done but the group that dislikes the camera due to missing features wont be able to get satisfied as the sole reason for this camera "update" was that MA is not able to fix things like next target or dragging health bars.

id like to redo this poll in 6 months to see how it changed. my prediction is that it will shift a little more towards the "No" group but will most likely end up being 60% No and 40% yes.

Voted yes. A step forward to a new more dynamic system. Love the ready/cursor mode switch like black desert online, gives a lot of space to new moves and combos especially for melee users. The 2 mode switch need to more defined tho sometimes is a bit confusing.

imo , its more than a camera system , its a complete FK over , and the Devs clearly that updated this never played EU lol , it had Options before , now its , play like this and only this ,

i am entitled like everyone else to an opinion , and it gets a big thumbs down , or two fingers in the mouth so i can regurgitate

As usual when something that is not mandatory is implemented You can espect at most a 20% of rejection for it, because people are not always open to changes. However, that will not matter because with the other 80% of the people it will move on without any issues.

But if the case is that half of the people is rejecting the change, chances are there is a bigger problem there.

We all hope MA can make the proper changes to fix the issues all people are asking them to fix so they can find a permanent solution in the fastest way possible.

Seriously though 20% is an absolute disaster. If I'm sitting in the boardroom and I ask "what is the likely impact on activity of this change to my business" and the technical director comes back with a smile and says "it's cool, we just lose 20% of our frustrated playerbase".....I'd be going f***ing nuts.

You don't implement to lose customers, you implement something that "gains" activity. Can someone please tell me if this is normal business behaviour in Sweden, do all Swedish companies operate like this? Am I missing something, I want to understand the cultural buisiness differences between my country and Sweden.

I don't know if its tracker not measuring correctly or if's its real, is crafting really 70% down in a week?

One of the golden rules that has been hammered into my brain for like 30+ years of working is "always keep it simple", never over-complicate anything. Running upto a mob to shoot it "should be" so easy a two year old can work it out INSTANTLY.

What I'm reading seems to imply; that MA moved the coin slot from eye level on a fruit machine, and decided to hide it on the side of the machine. Then they set the machine into a spinning motion and gave you a complicated remote control and asked the players to map the HOLD buttons 'themselves' into this remote control so they can use those buttons, whilst trying to put coins into the machine whilst it's in motion.

When you've got like 3000 players 'globally' and probably 50 of those are the real heavy hunters, you simply can't afford to introduce change that damages your business. I shake my head at this 'art project' I really do, unless they have more cash than sense. But it scares me to death, thinking they will want me to pay heavily to support the losses over this change.

Rick

Seriously though 20% is an absolute disaster. If I'm sitting in the boardroom and I ask "what is the likely impact on activity of this change to my business" and the technical director comes back with a smile and says "it's cool, we just lose 20% of our frustrated playerbase".....I'd be going f***ing nuts.

You don't implement to lose customers, you implement something that "gains" activity. Can someone please tell me if this is normal business behaviour in Sweden, do all Swedish companies operate like this? Am I missing something, I want to understand the cultural buisiness differences between my country and Sweden.

I don't know if its tracker not measuring correctly or if's its real, is crafting really 70% down in a week?

One of the golden rules that has been hammered into my brain for like 30+ years of working is "always keep it simple", never over-complicate anything. Running upto a mob to shoot it "should be" so easy a two year old can work it out INSTANTLY.

What I'm reading seems to imply; that MA moved the coin slot from eye level on a fruit machine, and decided to hide it on the side of the machine. Then they set the machine into a spinning motion and gave you a complicated remote control and asked the players to map the HOLD buttons 'themselves' into this remote control so they can use those buttons, whilst trying to put coins into the machine whilst it's in motion.

When you've got like 3000 players 'globally' and probably 50 of those are the real heavy hunters, you simply can't afford to introduce change that damages your business. I shake my head at this 'art project' I really do, unless they have more cash than sense. But it scares me to death, thinking they will want me to pay heavily to support the losses over this change.

Rick

You're right. I just force the situation to the worst that could happen and even have the possibility of not dying in the attempt. However, a rejection of 50% is a complete scandal. This only reminds me the implementation of Cryengine, where one half of players were lost from one day to the next. However, now it is worse, because we are much less than then (15000 in 2009 vs 3500 now)

Last edited:

Dear Rick,

Have you already tried right clicking the mob? I fail to see how to make this any easier.

I also feel, yet I have no proof, that now the autouse tool action started by a simple right click makes better use of your weapons range, attack speed and the mob‘s hitbox. Of course I could be completely wrong.

Regards,

Perry

I only tested it for like 20 minutes before I logged out, but I didn't like what I saw, and I didn't see the point of it tbh. And I realize I need to give it more time ofc, I just wasn't in the mood.

My only question is, what has improved? It might change my mind if someone tells me about some advantage that I overlooked.

Also, did they change our movement speed? Everything felt so slow.

Dear Rick,

Have you already tried right clicking the mob? I fail to see how to make this any easier.

I also feel, yet I have no proof, that now the autouse tool action started by a simple right click makes better use of your weapons range, attack speed and the mob‘s hitbox. Of course I could be completely wrong.

Regards,

Perry

I've been quite open to state I've not tested it, for now just listerning to the PCF chatter. I've very nervous about returns since Merry Mayhem finished, so prefer all the major bugs to be resolved first. Add to that the amp bug in another post not quite sure what to think. The last thing I want is a ban, by possibly benefiting in error. Interesting that one though, if players are saying returns are measured on cost used rather than damage inflicted. Keeping an eye on that thread.

Rick

I had total freedom before and now i dont, how is that an improvment ? I dont see how this benefit me, it only pissed me off :)

I had total freedom before and now i dont, how is that an improvment ? I dont see how this benefit me, it only pissed me off :)

My only question is, what has improved? It might change my mind if someone tells me about some advantage that I overlooke.

People say (really only 2 fanboys) that this is good to standardize EU with other games.

However, allways we knew EU was more than a game, then the question is why we need to be like others games that only are just games?

i would like to read a good answer from MA people about this, and not only opinions from 2 fanboys.

For example, Mindark could say this "It is better because now we can use Abracadabra Technology that permit us to have a better cost-benefit rate in: a, b, c, d. Etc.
Dont worry guys in 3 months you can note the difference..
For the time being we will fix the errors that you inform us. Help us improve what is implemented.
"

Last edited:
I voted yes, I like it. I just turned off the 3rd person camera in options. I have found a mining glitch tho, when I hit a claim my avatar's progression screen pops up along with friend's list.
I just need to retrain myself with alt and space bar.

After my first extended hunt since VU, I had to stop after 30mins, as the fast and way to much camera moves caused me headache and I had to leave EU.

Never have had that issue with old system, could go 4hrs+ non stop without a problem, thats no longer doable at least not for me.

Bump. Good information for MA in this poll.

MA should be honest and just say they did a control system change and targeting improvements. A camera in a 3d engine is still a camera. Because as far as a camera system...I really don't see much difference other than changing the base settings on the original camera like field of view to be shorter, or auto zooming on objects. These are typically a checkbox or slider in most engines.

On those parts I would say no, I do not like the options they selected for the new camera settings.

The biggest change I think they made was confusing everyone with a new key map to make it all seem so different, when really, it isn't. Not a bad update I guess, except for the fact they forced all kinds of senseless crap on us that we never asked for. Game play is pretty smooth now and targeting issues have improved, so I wont discount those, but that is not really camera.

And speaking of the key maps...

I voted yes, I like it. I just turned off the 3rd person camera in options. I have found a mining glitch tho, when I hit a claim my avatar's progression screen pops up along with friend's list.
I just need to retrain myself with alt and space bar.

I think this is probably due to the fact MA has a global key map as well as your user f1-f9 maps. You probably have a key set on the global, as well as the user defined map. So you are pressing 2 keys at once. OR... you are using tracker, and need to set the P and U keys back to what they were, because they felt a need to remap even those keys after all these years.

Try to eliminate all of the red stars on the global * key map. Can hover over them and see the conflicts for the other key maps on each key that has one.

Mind boggling key map logic. But once conquered (like moving that ridiculous alt key to space again) the game is so much more playable.

I am looking forward to the upcoming patch and to seeing how all these concerns have been addressed, especially and foremost in regards to correction of the flawed "WE want you to"/"WE don't want you to" approach.

Edit: Now with 16.0.2 out this sounds rather harsh... guess frustration had bottled up. Thank you for the turnaround!

Last edited:
NO and since release day I actually haven't even logged in. Not having to do the dailies frees quite some time I now rather invest in League of Legends - or not turning the computer on in the evening at all! work days are hard

might return if they get their shit together with this new system, but as likely I won't. turns out that after 4 years of playing almost every day I don't miss this game at all. hunting shit was fun, but everything related to trading is nothing but pain, and by now I don't think that will ever change. I always kept depoing instead, avoiding to sell anything but the most obvious things like residues and oils. I think I'll now rather see that money remain on my bank account thank you very much

Bump. It is necessary to continue voting. Because while more players vote, it will be easier to reach agreements. :cool:

Relaunch the poll today, and then again in a month :D

I bet more Yes as time goes on

Relaunch the poll today, and then again in a month :D

I bet more Yes as time goes on

When bugs will be fixed, would be necesary a new poll, maybe in 2 months.. By now this poll is enough. (Only is needed that the 450 users of pcf votes here)

I opened support tickets that were closed without comment.
I am voting with my wallet, for the first time since I started playing this game 5 1/2 years ago.

I have been shown without any doubt that Mindark (& Arkadia) don't want my entertainment dollars.

As far as this poll? Fuck it!
It won't make any difference with Mindark.
They don't give a shit.

Back