VU 16 Press takes off

Full Interactions – Right-clicking is dead! No more working through menus to enter vehicles or to pick up items as players can simply interact with objects with one key.

I don't know how the author of this press release plays (if they do at all), but I find I'm rightclicking twice as much as before. I've heard all the cool kids now press F when in doubt but don't find it a reliable setup. We'll work something out, some day. :laugh:

I love this piece from Gamasutra:

Camera Transitions – Going from first-person to third-person is now possible, with an all-new toggle option;

If other games pick this unique technology up, it will revolutionize gaming.

I love this piece from Gamasutra:

If other games pick this unique technology up, it will revolutionize gaming.

Um, this was possible before the current VU. I didn't read all the links, is this being touted as new and revolutionary?

Um, this was possible before the current VU. I didn't read all the links, is this being touted as new and revolutionary?

"Is now possible" means it wasn't possible before. If you were able to switch between 1st and 3rd person before it was clearly an exploit :)

This seems to be the original press release which was the source of those funny lines.

Some of the links in the OP have their own content as well.

Would prefer if they celebrated by issuing all the TEN armor parts of their 10 year celebration but then as usual I am egoist and a fool for collecting the 6 pieces those 6 years ago :)

Existing players will immediately notice all-new aiming controls, allowing them to quickly lock on enemy targets, and swap between camera perspectives with one click of a button.
oh indeed, we did :D

layers can now lock onto targets and quickly cycle through new ones, allowing for total control to defeat waves of enemies much more easily
heh really more easily

Going from first-person to third-person is now possible
hmm, indeed it is possible same as before?

Right-clicking is dead
and that's not the only thing that is dead!

"Is now possible" means it wasn't possible before. If you were able to switch between 1st and 3rd person before it was clearly an exploit :)

No it was not an exploit, there was even a premapped key for it, it was the 5 on numpad --- LOL

It was there since I started EU, so nothing new :D

Back