Entropia Universe 16.0.1 Release Notes

Right on this update is gonna be great! But you think you could add space mob looting and being able to enter pathfinder from outside of it to the priority list? I jus realized that if another pilot takes my ship out and leave it anywhere but at a SS there is NO WAY I(or any owner) can enter they're pathfinder to bring it home. Also be nice to be summoned with the guestlist while yur messin around.. jus sayin :)

Die in space and you should revive onboard :)

Reactions: Geo
What I said before where we want the Lock Target to be in the field of view is still true so it isn't confusing for new players as a default. We have built this system from the ground and up to be more responsive and more accurate. We are currently testing a version of where the players at their own risk can adjust Lock Target to ignore field of view and pick any target that is within range. When this will be released and how the final version of it will work is a bit too early to say.

I know this is important so we will keep working on a solution. I will keep you posted.

Perfect !

Well the scret is u gotta forget EVERYTHING you think you know and realize your a NOOB! lol.. gotta relearn every button n function from scratch. I don't have a shop but hopefully the controls are there for you to find.

Well thank you for your advice, but no there is no contols for this. Its about how MA changed how you interact. When you single click it picks highlighted item up. So when using mouse pionter to move, it picks up highlighted item. When you have 100's items that can be highlighed and mouse only has to be near a item fo it to pick it up.

Current status - Hotel California ;)

Cant do anything, and cant leave. + soc mates.

(edit to add- was fixed in minutes)

Last edited:
What I said before where we want the Lock Target to be in the field of view is still true so it isn't confusing for new players as a default. We have built this system from the ground and up to be more responsive and more accurate. We are currently testing a version of where the players at their own risk can adjust Lock Target to ignore field of view and pick any target that is within range. When this will be released and how the final version of it will work is a bit too early to say.

I know this is important so we will keep working on a solution. I will keep you posted.

Thank you :) this level of communication is amazing.

Well thank you for your advice, but no there is no contols for this. Its about how MA changed how you interact. When you single click it picks highlighted item up. So when using mouse pionter to move, it picks up highlighted item. When you have 100's items that can be highlighed and mouse only has to be near a item fo it to pick it up.

Well I didn't really give you advice.. jus hoping the controls r there someplace.. like I said not a shop owner so I have no clue what you gotta do :).. Just hoping looking harder might help

Thanks.

Keep fixing until this is Entropia and not some hybrid Mass Effect mess.

clippy.jpg

Last edited:
snartsnots gone

why did u take away the snarksnots above icarus near the oil field?

Looking forward to this option to be here!

not that any1 should care, i went from wanting to play 10 hours a day to i don't want touch it. just saying

same here and saving $$$

Dear MA, while I respect your decision regarding the field of view for the new players, please consider at the very least, being able to priority target any mob that is currently attacking the avatar.

All players including new players get attacked from behind often (remember your ninja spawns?). If you leave it as it is now, you will have new players getting attacked from behind and as they attempt to target next target they will aggro a second mob from their field of view causing more confusion and frustration than there is now.

A second option could be having the avatar turn as they "next target" so that every time you target a new mob the avatar automatically lines up with selected mob.

At either rate, please add priority target for any and all mobs currently attacking the avatar, field of view or not.

Thanks

p.s. bring back health bars and one button run navigation on the mouse ( I like many of the other players here, have always done the click both mouse then release left button method. It's easier on the hand as well as allows you to zoom easily)

Already mentioned in another thread, Please don’t make Middle Mouse Camera Rotation Reset after Releasing middle mouse button or Give the Option. Make it so that Clicking Middle Mouse Once Resets Camera to the Default Rear. We like to observe our surroundings in combat too before our fingers get tired.

Sweet.

If you could also make it so that that it can target mobs out of the range of the weapon that would be nice also.

Now with camera fixed, Thank you Dennis! I had a fantastic evening hunting with friends, Did SK and no issues.

Oh and Goodbye bots.:smoke:

Last edited:
Just verified that it was not in the patch release build 16.0.1. I'm very sorry and it will be in the next patch.

[Sarcasm off]

Wow Dennis Keep up the good work, This open communication is what the community wants!! please keep it up!

[/Sarcasm off]

and Yes I am not being sarcastic!

Why change this??? For years I've often used this way of moving, press both buttons then release left button to ease pressure on one finger and continue to move with right button pressed. It worked like this pre-vu16 and post vu16 but now you change it with this patch - what benefit does this give?

Please change this back, I can live with all the other changes but not the basic movement of my avatar which I have always done using the mouse only

This will stop me from playing, in fact last night after 20 minutes, I gave up

In my shop, I cannot interact with items (check price, change price...) put on top of shelves now. I suppose these items cannot be bought either.

In addition: If you click on an item in your shop (something that is very likely to happen inadvertently), it is picked up immediately. Not good.

Oh... And would it be possible to suppress this permanent white spot in the middle of the screen (cursor mode)?

Last edited:
Why change this??? For years I've often used this way of moving, press both buttons then release left button to ease pressure on one finger and continue to move with right button pressed. It worked like this pre-vu16 and post vu16 but now you change it with this patch - what benefit does this give?

Why not ease pressure on all fingers then by using auto-run ? :confused:

PS:

Anyway I understand how frustrating it is when they change things we are used to..
I said maybe 10 times that MA should add OPTIONS rather than change stuff..

Maybe everybody should repeat it 100 times, then they will eventually do it.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
For me mining is an improvement now, I never used next target only when I wan hunting. Also the F button under my right mouse button makes me drill easy and don't have to push the auto button anymore

With the 2nd update yesterday the zooming is a lot less now also at terminals, , TP and auctioneer and going much better now.

For that GREAT JOB MA :)

Still missing my shop upgrade, so hope you can fix that soon also :p

...With the 2nd update yesterday the zooming is a lot less now also at terminals, , TP and auctioneer and going much better now...

But there is still a tiny zoom.
I think someone at MA's office is ZoOm addict.. :tongue2:

Again, if some people like it and some don't, and that is for sure.. Is it so hard to add an option ON/OFF for it ?

It is a real question I'm asking..
Cause it goes for every single thing they changed lately.

Is it so much more complicated to add options than to change things ?

Whith my simple mind, I think the more options there are, the more people will be satisfied.
Am I wrong ? :confused:

In my shop, I cannot interact with items (check price, change price...) put on top of shelves now. I suppose these items cannot be bought either.

In addition: If you click on an item in your shop (something that is very likely to happen inadvertently), it is picked up immediately. Not good.

Oh... And would it be possible to suppress this permanent white spot in the middle of the screen (cursor mode)?

Probably not worth mentioning it as no comment made to post regarding the same issue:

Kudos to Dennis; it is "a little more reassuring" to see that someone from Mindark is actually trying to resolve some of the issues or even actually reading some of the feedback from this debacle. Having been in EU for quite a few years, I have first hand experience of the issues that the majority of updates have brought and the levels of service afforded by MA in resolving the issues thereafter.

I do realise that there are generally improvements in the updates; but in this instance too much game functionality has been removed by the update that has negative effect on all aspects of the game itself. Whilst I realise there is a whole catalogue of issues from this VU; I have not had opportunity to login more to see the changes to gameplay aside from the most obvious impacts that should be considered significant:

The removal of the mouse functionality means that players cannot multi-task whilst doing something; in particular it is ridiculously difficult to chat in PM or Soc chat whilst hunting. Due to these changes changing from one chat to another without the mouse option causes auto-use to stop functioning so hunt, heal or mine you stop what you doing to focus on the chat. To get the mouse functioning you have to open another window - like inventory - that also stops the auto use and whilst other windows are open auto-use wont work.

Many players spend a lot of time in team chat / soc chat / PMs whilst hunting etc and these changes have a significant effect on the social element of the game which will greatly affect the level of enjoyment and interaction for many players.

There is also the issue regarding the removal of the Health Bars and the pick up facility; as you will no doubt be well aware that there are many issues for property / shop / estate owners with items that cannot be interacted with in an estate; they do not show the item bar and cannot be removed or picked up without having to remove all items first then having to click next and pick up the invisible items.

5 years ago (2014) when I first contacted support about the issue I was told this was a collision box issue that was know of and would be resolved in due course. Naturally, since then nothing has been done - even when items completely disappear from your estate inventory and contact with support (2017) results in open cases going on for years without any resolution or reinstatement of the missing items.

The way these changes have been implemented shows that no one at MA actually logs in to the game anymore - RIP Simon & Emma.

MA customer support Philosophy so frequently =
Sparkle for a few seconds with a flurry of activity, posts and feigned interest in the issues whilst not really resolving anything;
then ignore the issues until people forget or quit

VU barely playable

As a hunter I feel these are quite radical, and largely superfluous changes.

I'm OK with adapting, I will manage - what I cannot adapt to however is a hyperactive camera while hunting.

How can I fix this, I simply cannot hunt with the camera flying all over the place during combat inducing nauseous motion sickness.

why did u take away the snarksnots above icarus near the oil field?

Hi Bleee..

only know the spot direct near Orthos west mound tp...little west (e.g. 639/771)

As a hunter I feel these are quite radical, and largely superfluous changes.

I'm OK with adapting, I will manage - what I cannot adapt to however is a hyperactive camera while hunting.

How can I fix this, I simply cannot hunt with the camera flying all over the place during combat inducing nauseous motion sickness.

I agree with you and I hope they will change this somehow.
To fix this you have to, for each mob: left click and hold the left mouse button for a second,while in cursor mode. Your camera will stop and it will snap out from that lock target flying camera. There are certain mobs that actually can't be hunted unless you do that.
Hope it helps (if not tell me and I'll post a twitch clip about it)

I'm Sorry but it's tile to roll back..

With as many good things as this update brought, there are so many issues that I think the only thing MA can do at this time is roll back and but in the original release.

Space is broken (more than it was), Hunting is near to impossible, Minning is a little better but still difficult, the shops are unworkable. No one is happy with this and you are starting to bleed players who are just giving up on this mess (and I cannot blame them).

Roll back now, perfect this new interface based on the feedback you received. Maybe even setup a test realm and get your "experts" to work in there till you have it perfected. Moving forward from here will just continue to hurt you more.:wise:

Deleted...…….

Last edited:
Did I miss something or "Queue use tool action" is broken ?

- And Please Ma, can we have a simple auto-use key that will works anyway, either we selected something or not.
I mean something that don't need to "hold" a key.
Sometimes mobs are chewing my armor but none is selected cause I just killed one, and I need to start auto-use whith heal.

- Could you also makes mobs selectable whith no weapon equiped, and even from vehicle ?
It was nice, cause we spend alot of time searching for some specific mob or some specific maturities, it could be done just by using next target, even from a vehicle.
We can't do this anymore.

- I think it would be nice if a click on TP, Terminals, or else could STOP the auto-run.
I use auto-run most time, and click TP or else "on-the-fly", it was stoping the run and activate the TP in one click.
Now, like everything else, it needs more click.
When someone click the TP there is 99.9% chances that his goal was to use it..
Not to open it, continue running to see it closed after 2 seconds.

- Also, I just killed few fishes, it needs more test, but it looks like moving in water is now more difficult and extremly slow.
And to loot a fish don't work if the corpse is far away, the avatar will swim straight when the mob is above or below him.

In fairness, while there are things many don't like:
  • Storage smack in mid of screen whether we like it or not
  • no health bars
  • etc.

I will say there are things in this VU that are nice.
  • The extra info when mousing over items in inv.
  • Seeing whether they are lootable/salable or not
  • etc.

I get that you are likely preparing the foundation for mass change due to newer formats than good ole desktops (VR, mobile, etc.)
BUT please remember your EU history

You tried once to force full screen, getting rid of windowed mode. You justified that folks didn't really need it and they'll be ok.
PLEASE remember the backlash that occurred from that and the quick fix you guys had to make.

All because you said "Oh that's not really needed, and if they use it, they'll learn to adapt".

A huge part of the allure of EU is the wide variety of choices, not just in activities, but in how we play.

Please don't lose that. Less choices = BAD

Back