Entropia Universe 16.0.1 Release Notes

when did ya remove vehicle lights? :scratch2:

save climate, turn the lights off, huh?

rext.jpg

While targeting is improved, it does result in this situation where a mob is selected that cannot be shot from the current avatar position. Pressing F here results in the avatar just running and running towards this mob until you reach the top of the hill right next to it where you can hit it.

Could you possibly make it so a mob that is not hittable like in this picture is not targeted (arrow does not appear above mob)?

My Privateer is not usable now. Permanent client crash when I try to enter the pilot seat (or a gunner seat).

rext.jpg

While targeting is improved, it does result in this situation where a mob is selected that cannot be shot from the current avatar position. Pressing F here results in the avatar just running and running towards this mob until you reach the top of the hill right next to it where you can hit it.

Could you possibly make it so a mob that is not hittable like in this picture is not targeted (arrow does not appear above mob)?

We look forward to the non-FoV targeting system to be back as option, and you ask for even more restriction ?.. :confused:
What you are describing here always has been like this.

We look forward to the non-FoV targeting system to be back as option, and you ask for even more restriction ?.. :confused:
What you are describing here always has been like this.

It's not asking for more restriction. I don't want mobs tagged with the arrow that can't be *hit*, because then you just run at them which is undesirable (unless you are melee I guess). It has nothing to do with FoV.

I'm still trying to grind right now, on very small mobs, whith loot pills on.
It's a pain in the.. you know.

We definitley need a REAL "auto-use" BACK.
Something that don't stop after the mob is dead (again as an option, that could be enable for PvP or for people who like it)
And that don't stop when.. well whatever you do it stop.

If I want to switch between mob while auto-use, it stop.
If I want to heal right after the mob is dead, it stop.

I have to wait for the auto-LOOT pill to do its job after each mob, and before I switch to the next.
If I don't do this, the "interact" action is used to loot the mob (probably faster than auto-loot pill) meaning I need to click 2 times "interact" to switch to next mob..

Also bring back a simple "next-target" to go whith.

So went testing (playing) in crowded situations today. Did some sweating.

I used to get a mobs agro and walk backward, swinging camera up & around so I could see behind me and navigate through a crowd or location as needed.

Can't do that now. :(

I also used to use the camera repositioning to be able to get a good view of what's around me while shooting a mob. Maybe pan right from above and grab health bar in preparation for the next kill after this one dies.

Can't do that now. :(

Under these and similar situations, the camera snaps back to default POV behind me looking up/down at mob and can't look around.

These were done using hold down mouse wheel, move mouse. Then quickly zoom in/back out to get back to my regular view when ready.

If someone knows how to accomplish this now, please let me know. Thanks

rext.jpg

I like the running towards mobs even when they are behind hills, would prefer to keep that.
However it would be better if the avatar didnt shoot into the hillside trying to hit a mob that is behind the hill, which happened on several occassions to me in such situations (scipulors/deino island - i guess cause the mob hitbox is closer to the ground).

I like the running towards mobs even when they are behind hills, would prefer to keep that.
However it would be better if the avatar didnt shoot into the hillside trying to hit a mob that is behind the hill, which happened on several occassions to me in such situations (scipulors/deino island - i guess cause the mob hitbox is closer to the ground).

That's kind of strange unless you are melee. I don't want to be pulled right to the mob, possibly agroing other mobs, I want to use the range of my gun.

It should be noted also that this is inconsistent behavior. When I hunted Caperons, if they were behind a tree and not hittable they were not targeted, same if they were behind a big rock. It only does this when the hit point is behind ground.

It's not asking for more restriction. I don't want mobs tagged with the arrow that can't be *hit*, because then you just run at them which is undesirable (unless you are melee I guess). It has nothing to do with FoV.

As I said, it has always been like this and even more.
You could select a mob behind an obstacle since ever.

Now whith this.. VU, they want us not to be able to do it anymore.
Next target don't select mob that you can't see.

And now what you are asking is that it avoid also mobs that are only partially hidden.
This is more restriction.

Anyway I'm tired of this..
I just logout after a 2H hunt and I think that after 4 days of testing I just don't care anymore..

They managed to make a stressfull game out of a relaxing one...

First day I was surpised.
Second day I was angry.
Third day I was sad.
Now I don't even care..

I will wait and see what will happen next, whith not so much hope..

If they want to please new players, FPS players, consoles players, whatever.. I'm not one of those.

So, as many people like to say here, I'll adapt...
And the only alternative I would have in terms of adaptation would be to find another game that suits me.

the update is not all that bad, but still few things that bother me.

I still like to shoot mobs without having to 'lock on' my problem is, in the middle of me killing the mob when i switch to my adj resto or fap, the game locks on to mob. (my resto chip or fap has nothing to do with mob, so why? ) i dont like it

another thing...
i liked the way the old crosshair could be removed complete, for me the old way of crosshairs made it seem more realistic, more cinematic? there wasnt too much cluttering my view to distract me from the fact im shooting a creature.
so when it comes to the crosshairs and all the new things added, i feel it takes away from enjoying the graphics of the game/mob aspect.
so i have to say LESS IS MORE, i like the white dot, thats all i think they should keep.. when players enable lock on then that white dot should turn red or just have a red outline around the white dot when target locked.

one more thing i think we're missing is, as im shooting I'd like to have a key that allows my auto shooting to keep going but to disable lock on and keep my auto firing.

found this other thing that irritated me a bit, maybe worth mentioning.
the Street Kings here on Rocktropia are about the same height as the average entropian, when i use lock on target, the aim gets locked on mobs waist, i would prefer to have lock on to be more on eye level. even with some morrison dragon i was shooting last night with lock on target my view was sort of bad because i would only be looking at the lower part of the mob. but if the lock on targeted the head of the creature, i would have had better view of mobs and wouldnt seem like and awkward view.

few things i dislike at the moment after playing yesterday for couple of hours.

Last edited:
Can't move about

I've always used mouse to click on mobs and move towards them. After this update whenever I press the space bar my avatar jumps so I took that out but no idea to put in its place. My avatar used to turn now I just go forward or back !

Changes

• “Lock Target” range is now the same for all tools, 180m
  • City Plots now have "F to interact" for its management objects
  • The target reticle no longer displays a health bar for an items condition
  • Activating aim mode while editing the desktop will turn off editing
  • Movement using left and right mouse buttons will stop as soon as you release either button
  • You will no longer be able to target anything when in photo camera mode
  • You can now adjust the camera horizontally and vertically in any position under Options/Gameplay
  • When interacting with an entity, the camera will now center between the player and the edge of the entity, not its center
  • The camera distance will not change zoom level when interacting, only a slight focus
!
!
Fixed Issues

• Client crash fixes
  • Televator terminal will no longer display outlines around nothing
  • Fixed an issue when using the "Create Equipment Sets" from the context menu the "Drag to Box Select" icons were activated
  • Fixed an issue where the center for the third person space vehicle camera is incorrect after warping
  • Fixed an issue with objects disappearing when switching to aim mode while placing an object
  • Holding right-mouse button to open context menu will now work in aim mode
  • It is now possible to select multiple desktop icons on the desktop, without rotating the camera
  • Fixed an issue with the selection box in desktop edit mode got stuck if you leave edit while selecting
  • Fixed an issue when activating cursor mode, you briefly get the cursor you had before you left cursor mode
  • Fixed an issue where the camera could be offset in aim mode by left mouse rotating the camera while temporarily in cursor mode
  • Fixed an issue where some chairs that you cannot sit on had "Sit" interaction
  • Fixed an issue where the Terminals on ROCKtropia were unresponsive
  • Space/vehicle updates
    • The interaction range in space is now 200 meters.
    • Hold to interact didn't work for non-players, like your mothership.
    • "Enter" is no longer a default action for motherships.
    • You no longer have to move within range for View Information when in a vehicle.
!
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

As I said, it has always been like this and even more.
You could select a mob behind an obstacle since ever.

Now whith this.. VU, they want us not to be able to do it anymore.
Next target don't select mob that you can't see.

And now what you are asking is that it avoid also mobs that are only partially hidden.
This is more restriction.

Yes, before you could target mobs that could not be hit *and that was bad*.

I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. I am not saying we shouldn't be able to target mobs that aren't in front of us.

As it is now we can't target mobs behind trees or rocks, it should work the same if they are behind a hill.

Yes, before you could target mobs that could not be hit *and that was bad*.

I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. I am not saying we shouldn't be able to target mobs that aren't in front of us.

As it is now we can't target mobs behind trees or rocks, it should work the same if they are behind a hill.

I perfectly understand what you said..
And I never said anything about "in front of us".

And no, *it was not bad* IMO.

It was alot better than how it is now.
I never had problem to go left or right in order to avoid obstacles while avatar was runing to the "hidden" mob.

It could have happens few time that the avatar was running up to very close to the mob, and eventually makes you agro some others mobs around.
That was not so good, but pretty rare, and still alot better than how it is now.

It was nice that we could zoom out alot, look from above, see all mobs around, and pick up any of them, even the ones behind tree, rocks or whatever.

There is alot of games where the view comes from above, and it works that way.
EU was one of them, and even better, we could choose to use this kind of view, or FPS, or anything in between.

That is over now.
And I think that sux.

id say 9/10

Ive played on and off since 2005 and am still only reaching level 40 in one of my laser professions. I logged in a few days before this release, deposited and then had some fun. A few days later this update came along, for about 20 minutes I played with the interface, went on one hunt, and was amazed how much better the interface was for hunting. So much easier, so many less clicks hunting is so much more fun than it was before. I can understand why some want to target anything on the map, but it makes it easier to hunt what you can.

I think adding the advanced options for advanced players would be a great addition and probably appease players that depo and hunt way more than I do.

Overall though, amazing improvement from my perspective!

I still like to shoot mobs without having to 'lock on'
(deleted)

Edit: My bad, my apologies Dennis. Yes, it is perfectly possible in the new system with "use tool" function instead.
:dunce: :beerchug:

Last edited:
This looks like another victim of the darnded "no longer needed" idea in development...

True.

In many situations it was very usefull and so much more efficient to switch to 1st person view, and kill mobs whithout locking them using the auto-use, "non-stop" or intermittently.

That's why we need a real "auto-use" same as it was before, and not on a "Hold key"..

And anyway we need ALL the features that was ingame before this VU..

Bring back them ALL as OPTIONS ! :wise:

And make it possible to set ANY shortcut on the 2 main mouse keys

After the patch I am still have the following bugs.

• Warp locator star doesn't fix on map.
  • My map (planet and space) often has no graphic on it ( just TPs la etc).

Current issue which is not necessarily a bug but an unintended consequence of camera system -
  • MS gun turret is set to be zoomed in very far ( imagine looking for targets with the scope zoomed in - with no option for other view)

Just verified that it was not in the patch release build 16.0.1. I'm very sorry and it will be in the next patch.

The communication is very much appreciated.
Instead of using interact for looting what about a loot button as we had before that will have you go to the past targets. I picture you kill and kill then tap loot button.

While underwater automatically moving within range with the new camera/controls you no longer move on the y axis or up and down. Can get locked in some amusing frenzy of spinning around.

While underwater automatically moving within range with the new camera/controls you no longer move on the y axis or up and down. Can get locked in some amusing frenzy of spinning around.

There is a similar bug that if you are using Rotate Left or Right icons on Keyboard Key Mapping, when you press Interact to attack next mob, after the mob is dead, you will be stuck in a rotation.

Another annoying unwanted rotation of the camera is when you use Camera Freelook or Middle Mouse to change camera angle in combat, when you release it forces your camera back to default starting position at the rear.
Please let use rotate camera freely in combat with Camera Freelook and leave it set where it is released.
It use to be that tapping Middle Mouse or Camera Freelook once would be what reset the camera.

Please make “Option” for this!

Also, Please add OPTION to Disable/Enable Crosshairs and even a sliding bar for size and scale of crosshair would be great.

There is a similar bug that if you are using Rotate Left or Right icons on Keyboard Key Mapping, when you press Interact to attack next mob, after the mob is dead, you will be stuck in a rotation.

Another annoying unwanted rotation of the camera is when you use Camera Freelook or Middle Mouse to change camera angle in combat, when you release it forces your camera back to default starting position at the rear.
Please let use rotate camera freely in combat with Camera Freelook and leave it set where it is released.
It use to be that tapping Middle Mouse or Camera Freelook once would be what reset the camera.

Please make “Option” for this!

Also, Please add OPTION to Disable/Enable Crosshairs and even a sliding bar for size and scale of crosshair would be great.

Totally agree with these suggestions! MA get it done...

MA you say you cant accommodate all playing styles... this simply isn't true...

We the current community had a playing style and you removed it from us... how about giving us the current player base the option to enable the way we play...

AND

if you want the new player base to play a different way... set these options as Default OFF...…...

Is there a way to have both storage and auction open at the same time? :scratch2:

I am hoping against all hope that this is the game engine change prepareness...

I really hope not.... remember what happened with VU10 ?
I really doubt the mayority of players is ready for a more demanding engine :D
Rearranging the keymap and field of view is one thing (really no mystery in it, that is more "respnosive" when it does not have to calculate all the zillion mobs when fuly zommed out "old times") but forcing player to no be able to play the game with a GT930 or IGP is something else :D

Totally agree with these suggestions! MA get it done...

MA you say you cant accommodate all playing styles... this simply isn't true...

We the current community had a playing style and you removed it from us... how about giving us the current player base the option to enable the way we play...

AND

if you want the new player base to play a different way... set these options as Default OFF...…...

You know as well as any of how desperate EU was for change or die.. This is a good thing and theyre not done yet so be patient and youll get yur killin sht back.

What I said before where we want the Lock Target to be in the field of view is still true so it isn't confusing for new players as a default. We have built this system from the ground and up to be more responsive and more accurate. We are currently testing a version of where the players at their own risk can adjust Lock Target to ignore field of view and pick any target that is within range. When this will be released and how the final version of it will work is a bit too early to say.

I know this is important so we will keep working on a solution. I will keep you posted.

Yo - when is the next update releasing?!?

Back