Entropia Universe 16.0.1 Release Notes

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Changes

• “Lock Target” range is now the same for all tools, 180m
  • City Plots now have "F to interact" for its management objects
  • The target reticle no longer displays a health bar for an items condition
  • Activating aim mode while editing the desktop will turn off editing
  • Movement using left and right mouse buttons will stop as soon as you release either button
  • You will no longer be able to target anything when in photo camera mode
  • You can now adjust the camera horizontally and vertically in any position under Options/Gameplay
  • When interacting with an entity, the camera will now center between the player and the edge of the entity, not its center
  • The camera distance will not change zoom level when interacting, only a slight focus
!
!
Fixed Issues

• Client crash fixes
  • Televator terminal will no longer display outlines around nothing
  • Fixed an issue when using the "Create Equipment Sets" from the context menu the "Drag to Box Select" icons were activated
  • Fixed an issue where the center for the third person space vehicle camera is incorrect after warping
  • Fixed an issue with objects disappearing when switching to aim mode while placing an object
  • Holding right-mouse button to open context menu will now work in aim mode
  • It is now possible to select multiple desktop icons on the desktop, without rotating the camera
  • Fixed an issue with the selection box in desktop edit mode got stuck if you leave edit while selecting
  • Fixed an issue when activating cursor mode, you briefly get the cursor you had before you left cursor mode
  • Fixed an issue where the camera could be offset in aim mode by left mouse rotating the camera while temporarily in cursor mode
  • Fixed an issue where some chairs that you cannot sit on had "Sit" interaction
  • Fixed an issue where the Terminals on ROCKtropia were unresponsive
  • Space/vehicle updates
    • The interaction range in space is now 200 meters.
    • Hold to interact didn't work for non-players, like your mothership.
    • "Enter" is no longer a default action for motherships.
    • You no longer have to move within range for View Information when in a vehicle.
!
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.

Originally Posted Here

Movement using left and right mouse buttons will stop as soon as you release either button

Why change this??? For years I've often used this way of moving, press both buttons then release left button to ease pressure on one finger and continue to move with right button pressed. It worked like this pre-vu16 and post vu16 but now you change it with this patch - what benefit does this give?

Why change this??? For years I've often used this way of moving, press both buttons then release left button to ease pressure on one finger and continue to move with right button pressed. It worked like this pre-vu16 and post vu16 but now you change it with this patch - what benefit does this give?

Yes. This was the way i did it also.

ahh the update

F function still ignore looting mobs as part of its procedure :eyecrazy:

ARE YOU TRYING TO GET AS ALL INTO LOOTPILLS ????????????
is it realy so hard to have LOCK on target untill is looted as it was all time before:scratch2:

dasboard turns icons on/ Off still missing

“Lock Target” range is now the same for all tools, 180m

Nope, not the case. Lock target doesn't work sometimes (very often!) even when you are in the range of your equipped weapon and this is BAD!

Quick update, kudos to MA :)

If possible, could you please make looting dead mobs that belong to us in a range of 5m the priority for the "F" key?

Keep up the improvements and the good comunication!

Wow, 2 updates in a week - very nice
I'll have to do some testing and report back.

Thanks for the update!
Keep them coming! :)

Just did some testing in space.. they added the MS context menu yay! but pathfinders still need "enter" or "operate" in there unless it is your plan for them to be forced to go thru the SS constantly.

Thank you for so swiftly working to implement some fixes after the initial major release. Please keep them coming!
EntropiaLife indicates that the recent release has significantly reduced player activity, something which can quickly be rectified once we get used to the new systems and some more of the kinks are straightened out.

Thank you for so swiftly working to implement some fixes after the initial major release. Please keep them coming!
EntropiaLife indicates that the recent release has significantly reduced player activity, something which can quickly be rectified once we get used to the new systems and some more of the kinks are straightened out.

haha well I would expect this since most are still trying to figure out HOW to be active again :)

Been watching EL active players as well cause I many of us had to stop since our gameplay was eliminated. Good to see an immediate patch. Much more work has to be done at least the are working on this immediately. Although they probably noticed too.

Thanks for fixing the horizontal setting. I don't play FPS and hate OTS so allowing me to select a dead center view is what I need to see in order to play the game and how I enjoy MMO's.

Adjusting the vertical setting to max at least lifts the view off my avatar some so it's almost a 3rd person now we just need more on Max Zoom for enjoying the game for people who need that.

Next up we can address the Grinders who tab target hunt and Healers.

Last edited:
How about not switching to Default map even though you are on a different set when you press Edit Panel (L).
This was the default before this VU and because we have to get rid of the mess you created this VU it would be nice tho not always have to switch from default map to the one I use before I edit it.

Is this also a new fancy feature we have to live with and will you correct your release notes where they are not correct or misleading?

F also seems to target any spawned pet making it difficult to hunt while having a pet spawned.

Good quick update. Big fan of the new system.

haha well I would expect this since most are still trying to figure out HOW to be active again :)

Partly. People have to spend time getting used to the new mechanics, options, rearranging key bindings, etc.

But also part is that there are fundamental changes that make hunting and other activites more difficult and slower.

But also part is that there are fundamental changes that make hunting and other activites more difficult and slower.

I'd say more stupid and annoying..

I used to play up to 10H/day sometimes, now after 1h30 I logout and have to calm down for 2H..

Actually, we just CAN'T grind anymore..
When there is 4 mob 3 meters behind me, the systeme pick up the one that is 50 meters in front of me.. :banghead:

So... MA, please can you tell us if you will change the fact that "lock target" DON'T select CLOSEST mob, and CAN'T select mob out of screen ?

It's YOUR game, I guess you can do whatever you want whith it.
But there is no way that I continue to play the game whith this system..

So please tell us, I'd like to know if I'm wasting my time right now, or if I should start consider to chip-out ans sell my stuff.

Thank you. :girl:

I'd say more stupid and annoying..

I used to play up to 10H/day sometimes, now after 1h30 I logout and have to calm down for 2H..

Actually, we just CAN'T grind anymore..
When there is 4 mob 3 meters behind me, the systeme pick up the one that is 50 meters in front of me.. :banghead:

So... MA, please can you tell us if you will change the fact that "lock target" DON'T select CLOSEST mob, and CAN'T select mob out of screen ?

It's YOUR game, I guess you can do whatever you want whith it.
But there is no way that I continue to play the game whith this system..

So please tell us, I'd like to know if I'm wasting my time right now, or if I should start consider to chip-out ans sell my stuff.

Thank you. :girl:

Haha yea it's rough.

As melee I hunt max Zoomed out in 3rd person. I run and gather up 10-15 mobs and stand in the middle. I then expect to hit 1 key. Next target, next target, next target till all the mobs are dead. Rinse repeat. Until I can do that I can't grind. This is a tab next target game. That is how we complete 10k and 12k kill missions. Coffee in one hand, reading while I hit one button to go through 100,000s of mobs.

How it is currently standing in the middle of 10-15 mobs up close is anxiety and annoying. Not to mention noisy since there isn't a zoomed out 3rd person. Also I love when you hit that Global/Hof it zooms in now you are already zoomed in so just loses that exciting feeling when you hit.

More adjustments are most certainly needed especially for close range/melee hunters or people that require max out zoom 3rd person to capture that MMORPG gaming feel. The number of active players will decrease until then.

I will never play FPS and if they are trying to make this a FPS then I will just look for another MMORPG to play. It just is that simple. Of course they said they are working on it so just waiting for them to deliver an MMORPG feel again. Until then minimal play time.

Last edited:
Hey Cirrus, I feel ya, as "next target" used to be my main method of hunting. Now I'm just using right-click and it works fine, in some ways better because next target would often skip a mob that was on me or any number of other annoyances.

Maybe try hunting that way for a bit and see if it works for you.

I've never used next target, always done it manually, so not bothered about that.

I did just do another hunt, but with spread out mobs, was not to bad I suppose, would still prefer to drag health bars off, and today, just realised another reason why to. I always dragged the healthbar, so it was near my own, so could see mobs health, and my own, now I have to look up and down, and after a time, that does tire the eyes, maybe because I don't like to overkill a mob, and switch weapons when it's close to death, but then not watching my own health as much.

Now I know right click is the same as that silly F button, it is much more manageable than yesterdays hunt.

Hunting high agro mobs tho, when you get swamped is still annoying as hell, as you lose the focus, and it gets stampeded on by other mobs.

Free AUTOLOOT for all MA?? To save those with it on rings complaining like babies, make autoloot free for mobs within say a 2 metre radius of avatar, to stop the annoying cant loot cuz I cant even see the corpse no more.

I tended to cycle through a couple of styles, changing as I felt like it if one was too much strain of repetition on hands and even brain concentration. Next target was one of my variants as well.

However, with this vu my burst speed and sustained speed of well over 1k shots per hour is still possible, even improved by the better targeting. What I'm doing is swinging the camera (possibly even behind me) while my gun shoots at the current target, and my next shot with a new 'f' press or right click after a mob kill will target what I'm closest to looking at. You don't have to loot straight away if doing so manually, or can use a loot pill. For anything over 10 mobs a minute, why not?

[Ok, MA could automate looting if they wanted to, but actually that would remove the freedom of when to loot and get that info up on screen.
Yes, I'd prefer to be able to have loot texts sendable to chat, which still appears to not be possible when not in a team, but I would generally prefer more freedoms than fewer.]

I've not got walking backwards quite right, though. It seems easy to lose the focus on the mob and my avatar doesn't walk back straight. Still pondering that, but I don't really need the backwards walking on low-power mobs.... although others do I guess!

Last edited:
Haha yea it's rough.

As melee I hunt max Zoomed out in 3rd person. I run and gather up 10-15 mobs and stand in the middle. I then expect to hit 1 key. Next target, next target, next target till all the mobs are dead. Rinse repeat. .

This actually works better now imo if you're doing big mobs like that. It's only bad if every single one of them is somehow behind you, which I don't see as the case too often. Just use Interact like you would next target, the bonus there is that if you mistakenly hit it too early it no longer moves to next target and leaving one at low HP to regen, it will stay locked on that target instead.

With that discovered and how fast the camera pans to next target, I finally was able to finish the Bercyled IC at Sharpclaw without going insane and having epic armor decay :D

...What I'm doing is swinging the camera (possibly even behind me) while my gun shoots, and my next shot with 'f' after a mob kill will target what I'm closest to looking at...

I don't want to have to do that..
Nor play upside down, whith my two hands, my two feet and my nose..

When they posted the video of Dennis killing 3 Atrox.. (no comment)
I already knew it would be a pain in real hunt condition..

I said to Dennis:

"I use auto-tool and next target, it select the closest mob, end of story.
I hope we will still be able to do this, because real hunt is grinding."

He answered:

"Yes it will do this".

(you can check here, last question. https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...review-and-Guides/page8&p=3690169#post3690169)

So I'm sorry, but let's call a spade a spade.. :wise:

It was a... lie..?

Changes starting to feel much more fluid im liking them a lot. still need "enter" context menu item or something to enter a pathfinder from outside it in space from quad/sleip.. having to use the SS as only way on or off is brutally awkward and makes it impossible for anyone to join you mid-space.

not to mention the ark moon situation... as it was I could only pick people up from ark moon that zoned into space themselves.. no tp and cant summon.. now without the "enter ship" function I cant even pick them up so ark moon don't exist for me at this time.

Noo, this is completely wrong.
Whats happening is that mindark has changed the "keywords" in the logfiles which my own coded client and the client that Entropialife use are detecting globals and hofs on.
Changes has been made in mining and crafting, but not in hunting activity.
So if Entropialife should keep trustworthy they need to re-code the client and push out an update to all who has installed this one.
This should have been done directly after the VU 16.0 was released.

No crucial change to gameplay controls or camera, wobbling, move to target strange zoom.

waiting for next patch, but i guess for nothing.

not that any1 should care, i went from wanting to play 10 hours a day to i don't want touch it. just saying

same here

Last edited:
ahh the update

F function still ignore looting mobs as part of its procedure :eyecrazy:

ARE YOU TRYING TO GET AS ALL INTO LOOTPILLS ????????????
is it realy so hard to have LOCK on target untill is looted as it was all time before:scratch2:

dasboard turns icons on/ Off still missing

If I use the F key to kill the target and then press it again it loots for me, at least it did before this release and I hope that didn't get "Fixed" I think that was in the release notes about the second F key press.

How about not switching to Default map even though you are on a different set when you press Edit Panel (L).
This was the default before this VU and because we have to get rid of the mess you created this VU it would be nice tho not always have to switch from default map to the one I use before I edit it.

Is this also a new fancy feature we have to live with and will you correct your release notes where they are not correct or misleading?

I do like that feature a lot, as I have been unable to get to the "*" for about a month now. When I hovered over the little box it would show a name on my friends list. I had a screen shot but must have deleted it after I sent it to support.

Back