Entropia Universe 16.0.1 Release Notes

I'd say more stupid and annoying..

I used to play up to 10H/day sometimes, now after 1h30 I logout and have to calm down for 2H..

Actually, we just CAN'T grind anymore..
When there is 4 mob 3 meters behind me, the systeme pick up the one that is 50 meters in front of me.. :banghead:

So... MA, please can you tell us if you will change the fact that "lock target" DON'T select CLOSEST mob, and CAN'T select mob out of screen ?

It's YOUR game, I guess you can do whatever you want whith it.
But there is no way that I continue to play the game whith this system..

So please tell us, I'd like to know if I'm wasting my time right now, or if I should start consider to chip-out ans sell my stuff.

Thank you. :girl:

I have noticed the movement of the sight and it seems to me that it now selects the target that has the least movement. I think it is better to move the sight half an inch than spin all the way around for a closer target away and stick on a target across the field. IMO

Also someone else said it takes them longer to play their normal run and my normal run time is less than it was before this release.

Thank you for so swiftly working to implement some fixes after the initial major release. Please keep them coming!
EntropiaLife indicates that the recent release has significantly reduced player activity, something which can quickly be rectified once we get used to the new systems and some more of the kinks are straightened out.

Noo, this is completely wrong.
Whats happening is that mindark has changed the "keywords" in the logfiles which my own coded client and the client that Entropialife use are detecting globals and hofs on.
Changes has been made in mining and crafting, but not in hunting activity.
So if Entropialife should keep trustworthy they need to re-code the client and push out an update to all who has installed this one.
This should have been done directly after the VU 16.0 was released.

I agree with CJ and as for the globals I haven't had one yet so I don't know I would rather have it so we can track the hits and misses than the globals as the was the only way we knew if we were around 90% and not 83%. MA said we should miss around 10% I say give us some way to prove it or change the wording back to the way it was, who gives a crap what a miss is called. Just MO.

From anothere thread:

...here's some feedback on Armor:

While I appreciate that you have added an overview of the stats an armor piece has, I strongly disagree with the way it is listed out (in alphabetical order) because this is NOT intuitive.

The Damage types should be listed by category like this:

Close Damage:
Impact
Cut
Stab

Ranged Damage:
Burn
Penetration
Shrapnel

Special Damage:
Cold
Acid
Electric

This would actually make sense and it would be Intuitive to professional hunters. We know that Bots are mostly Ranged Damage, a lot of Animals are mostly Close Damage, etc... A hunter could see a group of Damage type at a glance and determine whether this armor is for him/her or not.

The way it's listed right now is convoluted and makes no sense whatsoever:
mark.4b.jpg

"The interaction range in space is now 200 meters."

Lasers are 260m. Is this a complete nerf to space hunting?

I do love that I am not targeting some mob behind me when I am looking in one direction. So despite big bold letters, pls keep it. It is not very hard to turn, in fact its even a bit faster now.

still needing

SPACE:
- "enter ship" from outside pathfinder
- looting of space mobs as well be reely kewl!

"The interaction range in space is now 200 meters."

Lasers are 260m. Is this a complete nerf to space hunting?

I do love that I am not targeting some mob behind me when I am looking in one direction. So despite big bold letters, pls keep it. It is not very hard to turn, in fact its even a bit faster now.

yes this new controls gonna be soo much more efficient and fun to use once its complete.. jus keep them informed on the bugs n tweaks it needs.

Changes

• Movement using left and right mouse buttons will stop as soon as you release either button
Originally Posted Here

Totally agree, again something that worked perfectly and was used a lot and now they change it that you need more to do the same as before.

If you could explain the reason for this change other than to nerf us and make us use 2 fingers instead of one for the same result we may could understand it but only to change something because you can is dumb in my view.

If I use the F key to kill the target and then press it again it loots for me, at least it did before this release and I hope that didn't get "Fixed" I think that was in the release notes about the second F key press.

F will lock target , start shoot and stop shooting when mob is death
Lock go away
AIM will stay at position of LIVING MOB
while corpse move to ground
yu got fraction of sec to click F again while AIM is still on mob
if you miss it F will auto lock another mob and start shoot
and you leave un looted corpse behind

F will not lock unlooted corpse but will go for next living mob

give you 2 options manuály aim for looting or BUY LOOTPILLS

guess all this VU is maded for better pills selling

and new feature
Horizontal camera off set is awesome once you touch it you wil never be able to put it in center again , unless reset all options to default

I do like that feature a lot, as I have been unable to get to the "*" for about a month now. When I hovered over the little box it would show a name on my friends list. I had a screen shot but must have deleted it after I sent it to support.

There was and still is a Button to the left and right of the text at the top where you always could switch to the Default: * mapping, they are there for many many years already.

F will lock target , start shoot and stop shooting when mob is death
Lock go away
AIM will stay at position of LIVING MOB
while corpse move to ground
yu got fraction of sec to click F again while AIM is still on mob
if you miss it F will auto lock another mob and start shoot
and you leave un looted corpse behind

F will not lock unlooted corpse but will go for next living mob

give you 2 options manuály aim for looting or BUY LOOTPILLS

guess all this VU is maded for better pills selling

and new feature
Horizontal camera off set is awesome once you touch it you wil never be able to put it in center again , unless reset all options to default

it targets whats infront is why that's happening.. new mob runs up and stands ontop of corpse of course its going to target new mob instead of loot.. its still better than that click to move sht and target crawling into the ground like we used to have like 3000% better. kill the new mob n manually loot after not a big deal :)

This update reminds me of when the game switched to cryengine and lost a substantial part of their player base.

I don't really care for this new system, don't feel that it was needed. But, yes I will adapt, but probably play less while I'm in this new learning to walk all over again stage.

MA, please can you tell us if you will change the fact that "lock target" DON'T select CLOSEST mob, and CAN'T select mob out of screen ?

What I said before where we want the Lock Target to be in the field of view is still true so it isn't confusing for new players as a default. We have built this system from the ground and up to be more responsive and more accurate. We are currently testing a version of where the players at their own risk can adjust Lock Target to ignore field of view and pick any target that is within range. When this will be released and how the final version of it will work is a bit too early to say.

I know this is important so we will keep working on a solution. I will keep you posted.

Last edited:
What I said before where we want the Lock Target to be in the field of view still true so it isn't confusing for new players. We have built this system from the ground and up to be more responsive and more accurate. We are currently testing a version of where the players at their own risk can adjust Lock Target to ignore field of view and pick any target that is within range. When this will be released and how the final version of it will work is a bit too early to say.

I know this is important so we will keep working on a solution. I will keep you posted.
That sounds really good...

Last edited:
I expected one of the most demanded things would be fixed here right away. The health bars....

I know you guys still got the code there... I saw it when I made a team Earlier...

My words from facebook:
I play since early basically since the start of entropia. personally dislike these changes, it has more negatives than positive currently. it does have a few good things there in the interface update, but the fact that they have taken away a load of the useful things. Like hp bars, one of the major features of entropia when it come to finding people, lining up what you want to kill, target multiple people for healing.... I'm worried this update is going to do some real damage to entropia unless they fix some of these things fast

I'm even refusing to trade currently in entropia because the simple task of finding someone is now a hassle. I can't be bothered to heal noobie because it's hassle.

The last system you should of been proud of, and should aim to restore it to that standard when it came to customisation. It maybe was a bit clunky, but damn it, it has everyone style covered. Systems with complexity without being complicated.... You had it and now you do not. Think accessibility not child play simplicity.

Anyone who knows me, knows me as a fanboy of entropia. I promote, say lovely things about it, show all the best points. But I'm not stary eye enough to be blind to the damage this update is doing to the community. This is the most talked about topic currently, and in general, the problem is that people are missing key features which are the bread and butter of interacting in the world which have been here since the start.

I personally always look for Entropia to do well. Entropia is an online RPG for PC, and because of that we dont expect simple. no one likes the simplification of something that has always had a little depth to it, especially when it comes to being able to contol specific details, it's has ruined many great games before.

Also this 'side stepping' game companies do, sacrificing one good feature for another, when both can be had, is just as equally bad. Like revoking the ability to set auto to a key, to put it on the right click? What was wrong with both options?

What I said before where we want the Lock Target to be in the field of view still true so it isn't confusing for new players. We have built this system from the ground and up to be more responsive and more accurate. We are currently testing a version of where the players at their own risk can adjust Lock Target to ignore field of view and pick any target that is within range. When this will be released and how the final version of it will work is a bit too early to say.

You are basically describing the ability to go for 'more advanced' setups and not having to always be treated like a beginner. Yes please and thank you for this good (and timely) response.

What I said before where we want the Lock Target to be in the field of view is still true so it isn't confusing for new players as a default. We have built this system from the ground and up to be more responsive and more accurate. We are currently testing a version of where the players at their own risk can adjust Lock Target to ignore field of view and pick any target that is within range. When this will be released and how the final version of it will work is a bit too early to say.

Thank you for answer.

This give me back hope.

PS: You didn't tell here, so I hope it will be "closest" target priority. :)

Last edited:
This update reminds me of when the game switched to cryengine and lost a substantial part of their player base.

I don't really care for this new system, don't feel that it was needed. But, yes I will adapt, but probably play less while I'm in this new learning to walk all over again stage.

I am hoping against all hope that this is the game engine change prepareness...

This new VU is not shop owner friendly. Double clicking now picks up items in your shop. This would be great if shop owners had to pick up items all day, but this is an action we rarely do. After all the whole point of a shop is generally to put items down, price them and get them sold. We often have to restock large amounts of items at a time or frequently change the price, so all this extra clicking we have to do now is annoyingly time consuming.

People who are shopping can just double click and the info/purchase window comes up, so please make it the same for shop owners. Let us double click again for the info/set price window. Thanks!

Right on this update is gonna be great! But you think you could add space mob looting and being able to enter pathfinder from outside of it to the priority list? I jus realized that if another pilot takes my ship out and leave it anywhere but at a SS there is NO WAY I(or any owner) can enter they're pathfinder to bring it home. Also be nice to be summoned with the guestlist while yur messin around.. jus sayin :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This new VU is not shop owner friendly. Double clicking now picks up items in your shop. This would be great if shop owners had to pick up items all day, but this is an action we rarely do. After all the whole point of a shop is generally to put items down, price them and get them sold. We often have to restock large amounts of items at a time or frequently change the price, so all this extra clicking we have to do now is annoyingly time consuming.

People who are shopping can just double click and the info/purchase window comes up, so please make it the same for shop owners. Let us double click again for the info/set price window. Thanks!

yeah i got their copy and paste answer.

2019-02-20 08:36 You wrote:

Hi after new Vu its became a real pain when in shop that i keep accidently picking up stuff and then when i put it down it i have to do several actions to set price. This is very time consumming when you have 100's products. Is there a way that you get to have choice if you want pick up, set retail price etc like you before. I hear if i put a item in shopkeeper you get the choice of set price strqaight away.
2019-02-21 06:55 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi longhairedlover,

Thank you for contacting us. We are constantly working on improving Entropia Universe to make it an enjoyable place for all. However, in this process, it is difficult to please everyone.

Following a change, it can be difficult to see the advantages brought about by it. It is regretful that you feel so frustrated at the moment, as you are an important member of the Entropia Universe community. We thank you for your feedback, which will be passed on to the design team.

We also recommend that you read through the release notes for information regarding the changes that has been made.

Thanks for your patience and participation in Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

WORKAROUND FOUND​

Vertical camera offset slider full left

in 3rd this force AIM to look down and point at corpse so F will loot it

not a way i want to play but it works atm

it isnt same as next target , auto , loot as before but atlest i dont need to manuály aim for every loot each time

Yes, have Lock Target ignore FoV please. I think every MMO I've played works this way. Not sure why EU is trying to be different.
I think if you made a poll and/or sent a questionnaire on this one specific item, the results would clearly show that people want no FoV restriction.
If you make it an option, that's fine too - people can choose.
If I had to vote, this would be a priority and/or at the top of the list - many want this (as well as max zoom increase).

yeah i got their copy and paste answer.

2019-02-20 08:36 You wrote:

Hi after new Vu its became a real pain when in shop that i keep accidently picking up stuff and then when i put it down it i have to do several actions to set price. This is very time consumming when you have 100's products. Is there a way that you get to have choice if you want pick up, set retail price etc like you before. I hear if i put a item in shopkeeper you get the choice of set price strqaight away.
2019-02-21 06:55 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi longhairedlover,

Thank you for contacting us. We are constantly working on improving Entropia Universe to make it an enjoyable place for all. However, in this process, it is difficult to please everyone.

Following a change, it can be difficult to see the advantages brought about by it. It is regretful that you feel so frustrated at the moment, as you are an important member of the Entropia Universe community. We thank you for your feedback, which will be passed on to the design team.

We also recommend that you read through the release notes for information regarding the changes that has been made.

Thanks for your patience and participation in Entropia Universe.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support
Well the scret is u gotta forget EVERYTHING you think you know and realize your a NOOB! lol.. gotta relearn every button n function from scratch. I don't have a shop but hopefully the controls are there for you to find.

Been watching EL active players as well cause I many of us had to stop since our gameplay was eliminated. Good to see an immediate patch. Much more work has to be done at least the are working on this immediately. Although they probably noticed too.

Thanks for fixing the horizontal setting. I don't play FPS and hate OTS so allowing me to select a dead center view is what I need to see in order to play the game and how I enjoy MMO's.

Adjusting the vertical setting to max at least lifts the view off my avatar some so it's almost a 3rd person now we just need more on Max Zoom for enjoying the game for people who need that.

Next up we can address the Grinders who tab target hunt and Healers.

Makes me wonder what they were thinking in the first place. They had stats (or could have easily gathered them) on what modes people were using. So putting things so everyone was stuck in "avatar to the left" mode was, quite frankly the decision of a madman.

Exactly my point in this thread here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?309052-Shop-Owner-Feedback-on-New-Camera-System

F also seems to target any spawned pet making it difficult to hunt while having a pet spawned.

They likely did this so as to discourage people from using pets. After all they never actually added any genuinely useful (without being so expensive as to be not worth it) features to pets to encourage anyone to use them in the first place. Deliberate discouragement is therefore the only logical explanation.

"Ride your Atrox off into the sunset" said Marco.... how many years ago?

Not all that useful, but certainly fun.

Noo, this is completely wrong.
Whats happening is that mindark has changed the "keywords" in the logfiles which my own coded client and the client that Entropialife use are detecting globals and hofs on.
Changes has been made in mining and crafting, but not in hunting activity.
So if Entropialife should keep trustworthy they need to re-code the client and push out an update to all who has installed this one.
This should have been done directly after the VU 16.0 was released.

They might have lives to deal with first. Player made tools will always be playing catch up with stuff MA change in the log file. Give them a couple of weeks at least so they have a free weekend to work on it.

It might only be a small change but even small changes need to be tested... I'm sure Mindark would agree ;) ;) ;)

To be positive. (and sorry yes I know I am not meant to even hint at the existence of other games) but this is relevant.

By all means do whatever you like to the default control system. But first thing first. Use your (already programmed) help/hint system to stick up a message on screen (when you log in the first time after the vu) that tells you:

1. The default key to switch between mouse cursor and mouse look
2. The default key to switch between first and third person

now we can all breath a sigh of relief as the world stopped spinning (in whatever way it spins for each of us). But the message should also most vitally tell you:

3. The default key to bring up your action book
4. The defualt key to bring up your keyboard/control editor
5. The default key to bring up the options

Finally I'd like to say that everything should be customisable. It was before and should continue to be.

PEOPLE CAN COPE with complex control mapping systems. Look at Elite Dangerous. It's control mapping system is even more complex than Entropia's, and people cope. They even like it.

Changes
[*]“Lock Target” range is now the same for all tools, 180m

Nope, it isn't. Try melee lol. Same 80 meters or so.
Tested on formicacida with shagadi

Back