I can't get in to the cryene forum

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I can't get in to the cryene forum. It is not available any longer, been trying for a while. Just get this 504 Gateway Time-out.
TIA

Kris from Cyrene already notified the forum admin.

Yep. Entropiaplanets would be place to complain since nonadmin there runs that server.. Happening more and more often. A while back they actually let domain expire... which I guess is less offensive than letting forum give folks a worm or virus, which the forum u are reading has done in the past, as has monria forum.... and entropiaforum... all run by same admin here on pcf....

Yep. Entropiaplanets would be place to complain since nonadmin there runs that server.. Happening more and more often. A while back they actually let domain expire... which I guess is less offensive than letting forum give folks a worm or virus, which the forum u are reading has done in the past, as has monria forum.... and entropiaforum... all run by same admin here on pcf....

Well I would like to commend the admins for doing a thankless job and I doubt that any get anything for doing it. If one gets a worm or virus its their own fault for not having good anti-virus software IMO. This is not a bash to you M but if one does not take the steps to protect himself that is his bad.

Just a side note, my friend was having a tent car sale at a local office of a state-wide credit union. He never did updates (10 years ago) did not check for them at all. Anyway he hooked his laptop in to the credit union's network to be able to people's credit and within 10 minutes their entire network state wide was shut down. It was a holiday weekend so it was off for 4 days. Needless to say the network admin was fired the next work day. Probably a 75-100K a year job that he lost because he was not doing the job, which was making sure all updates and anti-virus were up to date.

again ... why can't MA run these sites? the planet partners program seems more like fairweather friendlies. there is a lot they could do with the internet besides keeping the population of servers limited to non stress levels.

again ... why can't MA run these sites? the planet partners program seems more like fairweather friendlies. there is a lot they could do with the internet besides keeping the population of servers limited to non stress levels.
Or m.a. could just put stricter regulations in yearly p.p. contracts requiring them to make sure pp forums are up 99 percent of time or monthly pl server cost triples that month since they indirectly are representing mindark...

Or m.a. could just put stricter regulations in yearly p.p. contracts requiring them to make sure pp forums are up 99 percent of time or monthly pl server cost triples that month since they indirectly are representing mindark...

or that - but i figure it would be rude to make demands like that on a company that paid millions just to have a planet. afaik MA is already at loggerheads with all of them because the buyers got such an awkward klunk to begin with.

whoever is responsible it makes no difference as one central benefactor would make it work all around. the key for MA again is to tap into the volunteerism of vested parties. the problem of course is that no one except MA is guaranteed to be around. so if they put out a pittance to even a fledgling webdesigner and kept him or them around and let them prove themselves.

meritocracy after they kill off the last of the leftists will be a happy day in the history of MA.

they do need an outside guy to do the websites - even this one is still on http with no HTTPS - like why - to me that's just a basic low level - like lowest level security.

Last edited:
Back