Adapt or Die !?

this would mean that basically every company on the planet that is doing surveys is entirely useless because it doesnt reflect the opinions of all inhabitants of planet earth.

Well, for dealing with customer relations on a daily basis, a forum where a couple of dozens , at the utmost a hundred people, vociferate has nothing to do with a company launching surveys to each single customer using their service or buying their product.

PCF whining community is not representative of the PCF community.

PCF community is not representative of the Entropia Universe community.

How many non English speakers are there out here ?

How many kids supervised by parents are here ?

How many readers ?

How many players do not give a shit anymore about forums online ?

You all guys come from 2005 when caramail and AOL ruled the world.

Things change guys. Winter is coming.

You ain't the center of the world.

You ain't the world.

You're just dust. Nothing more.

And so am I.

Be humble. Flow with the life. Be water.

If you want to have a proper feedback on the VU, make it a popup for every logged in account , with IP recognition, bam double accounts and provide the question in at least as many languages as the client is furnished with.

Then, you may, and MAY only, get a representative feedback.

Thank you dear. Hopefully you don't work in the service industry and don't manage any people .

Last edited:
before the big political votings they make surveys with a handful of people and those surveys are quite accurate in what the total population is going to vote in the end. e.g. 2 thousand people questioned quite accurately represent 100 million people.

You are comparing a government controlled voting census to people ranting on PCF, which brings us back to my original argument. I'm sorry I'm just too tired to try and make this simple enough for you to understand.

im quite sure that you dont know me. im here a long time but ive mostly been playing low. unamped mining, component crafting, and the lower iron challenges. ive been playing on and off since maybe 2005 with quite big breaks inbetween. im in no society and dont participate in chats. ive started to post here on forum as im not able to play anymore since the motion sickness VU 16.0 and thats why i made an account here to at least participate in this way a little bit. usually i dont care much for forums and i try to avoid them as much as possible. but as i cant play, this is my only way of being able to participate until they change the camera movement / zooming.

I've bullshitted my way through life, so I'm pretty familiar with the scent, and you reek of it.

You are comparing a government controlled voting census to people ranting on PCF, which brings us back to my original argument. I'm sorry I'm just too tired to try and make this simple enough for you to understand.I've bullshitted my way through life, so I'm pretty familiar with the scent, and you reek of it.

ever heard of schroedingers cat? as long as we dont have any actual info on the opnion of the majority, every group on pcf represents the majority and doesnt reperesent the majority, at the same time.

You ain't the center of the world.

You ain't the world.

No, we arent. Or we actually shouldnt be.

But we are the only handful of paying customers MA has at all.

So for MA we actually ARE the world. Or should be...

winter is coming? bwaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaahaaaa omfg

i can see the adapt bit. but the stuff thats broken better be fixed lol. i can wait. actively.

In this situation MA sends the maintenance for Quality of Life Improvements to replace panorama windows with narrow peepholes.

Reminds me of that old Soviet joke about "let's pull down the curtains and pretend the train is moving".

So far, the drop-off isn't as bad as it could've been. Auction page counts are down 15...20% as far as I can tell, and will probably be down some 25% once a full week passes. From there, it's in the eye of the beholder - one could say "whopping 25%" or "just 25%"; and at least some portion of the drop-off might be regained afterwards. It's bad but it's not the end of the world as we know it.

What's worse is that most people have no idea where the train is going or whether it's going anywhere at all. Yelling "modern", "progressive" and other buzzwords at them won't help them understand what is that "direction" MA wants to take the universe.

As for PCF not being representative of the wider public - yeah sure. The mood ingame is likely much more depressed. For now most people are hanging on but at the same time mostly just hanging around.

Last edited:
Reminds me of that old Soviet joke about "let's pull down the curtains and pretend the train is moving".

So far, the drop-off isn't as bad as it could've been. Auction page counts are down 15...20% as far as I can tell, and will probably be down some 25% once a full week passes. From there, it's in the eye of the beholder - one could say "whopping 25%" or "just 25%"; and at least some portion of the drop-off might be regained afterwards.

What's worse is that most people have no idea where the train is going or whether it's going anywhere at all. Yelling "modern", "progressive" and other buzzwords at them won't help them understand what is that "direction" MA wants to take the universe.

As for PCF not being representative of the wider public - yeah sure. The mood ingame is likely much more depressed. For now most people are hanging on but at the same time mostly just hanging around.

it just occured to me what we are left with was left by a lefthanded leftist.

It's stupid to always say "you have to adapt".

No, you don't have to adapt to every things and every changes that are suggested to you.

You have to think, think again, and tell if it's good or not.
If it's not, then don't adapt ! :wise:

Completely true.

Change only for change is stupid. For example, those who feel young people only because they accept this new camera, also should try defecating stand up to see if they do better than sitting (since the old way has been done for a million years by people).

On the other hand, if it was always said that eu was more than a game. Why would it have to be standardized with those that are just a game?

It is just that, as usual and in any context or situation, the unhappy minority is very noisy, lousy and vocal !

maybe this noisy unhappy in the forum minority is part of the unhappy in the game majority....
Take a look at Blizzard, they refused to listen to loud forum minority (which i was part of) but instead they listened to the trollish forum majority and where are they now? Their stock value has halfed....

point being, that they are the minority in the forum doesn't automatically mean that they're wrong.

Alukat123;3696186] Take a look at Blizzard said:
Made a few cuts. Makes more sense now.

The way people whine is just so trollish. It's more about laziness and refusal to change in general than anything else.

Would be interesting to poll thoroughly correlation between nationality, age and reaction to these changes.

And to answer to also to another point which stated that whining one are the only paying customers. Please let me know when we can start to laugh and sip the mojito. So self-centred, disdainful and blatantly informant to state the less.

Made a few cuts. Makes more sense now.

The way people whine is just so trollish. It's more about laziness and refusal to change in general than anything else.

And to answer to also to another point which stated that whining one are the only paying customers. Please let me know when we can start to laugh and sip the mojito. So self-centred, disdainful and blatantly informant to state the less.

actually, calling people who are criticizing/voicing their dislikes whiners as well as using strawman argument is trollish move.

Last edited:
Made a few cuts.....

The way people whine is just so trollish.

I disagreed with what you are saying, and thanks to people like you, all the whining people becoming even badass.

One of them is here, replying your comment :cool:

And to answer to also to another point which stated that whining one are the only paying customers.

I agree but it's complicated. Of course, the most whining players are those that pay/play the least (with some exceptions ofc, but very few) but it's because laziness mostly. To think, to adapt, to play... because guess what:

kris-comfort-zone-postcard-side1-1.jpg

Unfortunately no matter how much the game would change, there's a little circle of "players" that will never be satisfied NOR actually play the game. For them, everyone not whining is a fanboi and their joy is to criticize, which is fine I guess, but they should understand that this is not their government to owe them shit.

I agree to most of what you said Evey and thank you for your support.
But be careful with the government thingie, I'm french , pay a lot of taxes so they owe me a lot ! :laugh:

I'm playing since 2004. When updates I disliked happened, well, I took a break and came back when I was missing the game.

Didn't feel like I had to try to piss as many people as possible to feel better.

My happiness in life doesn't reside in a video game.

I agree but it's complicated. Of course, the most whining players are those that pay/play the least (with some exceptions ofc, but very few) but it's because laziness mostly. To think, to adapt, to play... because guess what:

kris-comfort-zone-postcard-side1-1.jpg

Unfortunately no matter how much the game would change, there's a little circle of "players" that will never be satisfied NOR actually play the game. For them, everyone not whining is a fanboi and their joy is to criticize, which is fine I guess, but they should understand that this is not their government to owe them shit.

whatever lie, you keep telling yourself, makes you sleep well at night.
Btw, if you can adapt to everything, why keep complaining about those who want change and why do you keep trying to prevent change? Are you too lazy to adapt?

Last edited:
whatever lie, you keep telling yourself, makes you sleep well at night.
Btw, if you can adapt to everything, why keep complaining about those who want change and why do you keep trying to prevent change? Are you too lazy to adapt?

what lies? I sleep very well at night and has nothing to do with the game or your tt return.
Those who never really/barely play but always always whine damage the game I like. That simple. But it's common to every VU. So this is not a change. And it's good in a way because MA can make a difference between those who always complain and those who expressed in a very decent manner their opinion for why this or that is not good or why they don't like the VU...

You're in a different category; even if you know you play a markup game, you will whine about your tt return for as long as the game will be around. Always. No matter the discussion, the topic, the weather outside, your tt return sucks. You play at a disciple level and you want results uber crafters have. And when a player tries to give you an advice, you look from above your special cloud and tell him your MU is fine as it is... but at the same time you act like someone promised you 95% and now they failed to deliver.

carry on.

w
You're in a different category; even if you know you play a markup game, you will whine about your tt return for as long as the game will be around. Always. No matter the discussion, the topic, the weather outside, your tt return sucks. You play at a disciple level and you want results uber crafters have. And when a player tries to give you an advice, you look from above your special cloud and tell him your MU is fine as it is... but at the same time you act like someone promised you 95% and now they failed to deliver.

that's the lies you keep telling yourself.
I didn't make a single complaint post about returns here in the forum prior to loot 2.0 and i played a couple years before 2.0, why? because prior to loot 2.0 there was decent high return (90+%) and hitting 95% return every couple months, which is no longer the case, sub 90% return most of the time and hitting 95% return takes forever. If it changes back to what it was before 2.0 i'll stop complaining, simple as that.
Btw, I wish i would get big multis as often as you do, unfortunately i'm not as lucky as you.

And the other lie you keep telling yourself is the refusal to adapt, i do adapt, instead of buying 50-100k TT of materials in a month i simply buy less 20k TT in a month, well, couldn't buy more anyway thanks to bad return. Granted, MU/demand of some hunted/mined stuff will go down now, but that's okay, right? hunters/miners simply have to adapt to there being lower demand/MU... Oh wait, they will whine about EP IV and that it should be removed to increase demand/MU of hunted/mined materials...

And the other way i adapt, instead of depoing i do withdraw my money...

Last edited:
Oh, and let's not forget, we have this discussion only because of an unintentional change to crafting/mining during a VU in december 2017, that was supposed to only effect hunting (the changes supposed to be hunting only carried over to crafting/mining as well, fucking up crafting/mining). I pointed that change/bug out the day it happened but as usual with MA they refuse to acknowledge mistakes they made and unfortunately MA, to this day, hasn't corrected that mistake...

If the bug doesn't have such a big impact on your returns, i'm happy for you, for me it unfortunately has a big impact...

Edit: btw it's funny that you call me the disciple crafter and yourself the uber crafter, when you don't even realize when an obvious bug sneaks into the game.

Last edited:
what lies? I sleep very well at night

Of course, the most whining players are those that pay/play the least (with some exceptions ofc, but very few) but it's because laziness mostly.

That maybe.

Have seen some heavy hunters, miners and crafters who complained about things that have been removed.

Change is not easy for a lot of people, we are creatures of habit. However, things like having to rearrange your keyboard mostly to your liking are doable. The other stuff people will get used to in time.

There were a lot of good changes.

However, there were some changes that hinder fast/efficient gameplay that could use some adjustment and people pointing that out shouldn't be labeled as whiners or old people yelling at clouds.

If someone is engaged and in love with a game it is very easy to adapt and get used to a huge change like the last one.

Those who are long time participants , settled and at best semi active, just logging in from time to time to do a little something, chat up old mates and call it a day for the rest of the week have a hard time to adapt.

Those are the ones who dont have any interest or desire to invest time re learning the controls, because they dont spend much time in EU and the invested time to figure it out and make it comfortable again vs time spend in EU is way off, so they tend to dislike the change.

Dont hate us , were just dinorauriers and most of us will adapt at one point, its just a matter of a couple months or at best a year, maybe :smoke:

Always the same people here, talking the same way, same stuffs, but when you are trying to comment about other people, just make sure you don't think too highly of yourself here.

You may possess the highest skills points, owing expensive stuffs and know the game better / in advance than others, you better start to be humble before, someone find out and shoot you down right to your core.

Someone here expressed so much love on this game, I WILL REQUEST MA, the next VU, please make the ALL WITHDRAW MONEY OPTIONS AWAY. I will see you are still depositing to play this game or not. If monies are not your interest in this game, you will never be here, unless you are studying the RCE or doing charity! Saying yourself loving this game so much, by it's hurt to see others destroying the game. You really are something man.

Someone here expressed others as lazy, stubborn, for not taking advice from yourself or others. I WILL TELL YOU THE SAME AS ABOVE , ADDING >>>>> we always see this in many advertisement, telling readers CONFIRM 5% return on your monies invested, better than putting your monies in your bank savings ! Are you sure that you are really sure on what you are saying ? Not scam ? I am very sure there is a lots of negative things I can talk about it.

Telling players, woooo when you reached level 10+, you will be difference level of playing, when you reached level 25+, your loots are totally difference level, when you reached 50+, that's where you going to have whole new experiences of loots. Another version one, you need this gear, this amp, this, this and this, wow... how much I need to spend? too much, well, you can try the cheaper version but don't expect too much on loots return. Another version, what are you complaining ? I have 95% of loots return ! Stop whining, adapt, work up and get there ! How to get there ? You need 100k peds to bankroll your hunting, buying right gears, wow need a brain to manage all of them.

Don't get me wrong, I am 100% CONFIRM, not whining and bad rating on Entropia Universe here. Cause I can see those standing right there, laughing selling off their gears, materials, not to mentions, these guys are sponsored, land owners or affiliates or your good friends ?

Is these you way to promote this game ? Giving morale stories and morale supports ? Shooting down those whiners and give them a bad name ? WOW!

Last edited:
When a person, start to play a Game, is the day, he / she knows how to move forward into the Game.
These days are so easy to access information online. Back to those 90s, players have to find answers from Computer Times newspaper section, magazine for cheat mode and smart friends to teach them.

What's adapt or die required to be discussed here ? The discussion should be 100% related to RCE and monies involved. Stop pretending that you guys love the games because of the graphics, musics and stories line.

It's so simple. Shoot, kill and get loots. Craft and get loots. Mining then loots.

Any enhancement that give better experience is good and giving value added to this game but, if the enhancement slow down and make the Shoot, Craft, Mining more complex, .......... you so smart, go figure the answer.

you don't have to walk their way
you don't have to watch the show
you don't have to play their game
and you don't have to die to leave entropia

PS: first four Pain of Salvation albums were masterpieces. check em out NOW

you don't have to walk their way
you don't have to watch the show
you don't have to play their game
and you don't have to die to leave entropia

PS: first four Pain of Salvation albums were masterpieces. check em out NOW

Entropia and One Hour by the Concrete Lake (1997–1999)
In early 1997, Pain of Salvation entered the Roasting House Studio to record their debut album, Entropia, which was released in Asia on Avalon Records. Entropia was described as "a well-needed breath of fresh air for a genre that was full of self-parody and self-indulgence," as it was "delivered with emotion, intelligence, integrity, passion, and poignancy"

Things tend to change, and for the better!
You have to adapt or just simply move on... this game needs to change in order to work.

Its just how life works! Nothing stays the same!

The fundamental physics of the real life universe remain the same though. Unless the creator of the universe has so perfected his product, we don't notice on the fly updates anymore because they're so trivially inconspicuous.

If I woke up in the morning, and my eyes reported a completely new set of rules on how I see the world, and I struggled to interact with my surroundings….I would think that was somewhat strange. Probably have a heart attack, that’s another matter lol.

Looks like God has updated EU today anyhow.

Rick

The fundamental physics of the real life universe remain the same though.

fortunately, a change in physics may just break the real life universe, rendering it unplayable... this whole parallel universe with physic rules different to the ones we have topic is quite interesting.

About half the players like it and half don't. I play alot less now and don't feel as attracted to playing as i used to. I still try to play but it's very difficult for me as a miner to not accidentally drop a probe if i'm going too fast and don't think first what i'm doing. I have wasted many probes by holding the mouse button down and release too fast it goes away. If i click it again i drop a probe which i don't want to do. i don't like this feature. If i want to have the cursor i must have open a map or some other interface. This i hate. i have tried to adapt by having some interface open at all times. It's not fun at all.

If i want to have the cursor i must have open a map or some other interface. This i hate.

There is an action "cursor mode", ALT by default

Back