Worst thing about the interface was and is the same

Aloisius

Stalker
Society
Natural Born Killers
Jo Aloisius Smith
The worst thing in this and the old interface was the aim mode. What I mean is when you inadvertently hit some key that makes you go into aim mode and you have no clue what you did or what to do to get the mouse cursor back. This caused me to rage quit and unload 4 metric tonnes of pure vitriol on the devs when I was nubee. AND IT STILL HAPPENS to this day.

For an example of what I'm talking about, there is a way for you to put the free look camera in an icon on the desktop. Hit that and then try to get back the cursor. There's no obvious way to get back. Also, there's the aim mode I get stuck into occasionally and nothing works to get back but a keyboard mashing. Frick'n makes me mad as a hatter.

Which brings up another thought for me. The camera view changes are for nubees. Therefore it should be in the TUTORIAL. Oh wait there's no tutorial. OH NO TUTORIAL?!?! YEAH A TUTORIAL WOULD BE GOOD FOR NUBEES. Instead of messing with the old dawgs' lifes.

Right now, the only thing that takes you out of unwanted aim mode seems to be clicking both mouse buttons at once.

In the old interface, Esc used to help but it doesn't anymore.

And it's quite surprising how the same old issue pops up in a supposedly brand new system.

I thought the left Alt key is what toggles cursor-aim mode...

I thought the left Alt key is what toggles cursor-aim mode...

This is more than just toggleing between cursor/aim mode. I think most of us have figured out how to do that, though it wasnt intuitive when first logging into the VU.

The issue is not a new one.
Sometimes you get stuck in aim mode and can not toggle back to cursor mode even with the toggle key, it doesn't happen to me often, but when it does it is frustrating.
I suspect it has something to do with interacting with the chat windows while in or out of aim or cursor mode, but not sure........

Like mentioned above the only way to escape this is to hold both mouse buttons, or maybe some combo of left+right+both.... not sure as I usually just mash them all till it starts working again.

glad to hear i'm not alone in this. sometimes i have a nitpick that no one agrees with.

i still want to resurrect my disdain for facebook and why it's in the client loader, for example. so far no one seems to be with me on that. even though facebook is killing itself with over the top invasions of privacy.

other things like the "move with mouse click" / "move to creature when interacting" problem is so hard to explain properly others you know agree with you can't because the problem is so confounding.

some people have tried to make a nice simplified version of the problems. it's getting to be an important time to realize exactly what MA's positions is on these issues are. whether they are going to be studied or fixed or put off until later. all of us working together is really making a difference and i'm almost able to say it's going to be a great time to be a entropian.

ps - what is facebook doing for you, really?

are people afraid of hating on facebook?

are people afraid of hating on facebook?

I use it as an email of sorts, no pics or data on it... As such it s completely irrelevant whether not the privacy limits are overstepped. I m sure data is recorded from everything online, fb was just sloppy enough to get caught

I use it as an email of sorts, no pics or data on it... As such it s completely irrelevant whether not the privacy limits are overstepped. I m sure data is recorded from everything online, fb was just sloppy enough to get caught

it's in the client loader so facebook gets to know each and everytime all of us are logging into entropia universe. i don't want them to know that I ever logged into entropia universe. it's the equivalent to your bankcard travelling through facebook login. just because you don't do anything illegal has FA to do with that.

Another way i found to break out of this mode is by hitting T , then abort.

Back