Question: Auto-use on healing tools

Haruto Rat

Elite
Society
fode et fuge
Cunning Haruto Rat
It seems the behavior of healing tools is somewhat inconsistent in the new system.

If you equip a FAP and press F (or whatever key you've assigned 'Interact' to), it will go into auto-use mode only if there's a valid mob target in your FOV. Moreover, said target will be selected and locked which doesn't always make sense.

If you're at the revival and there's no mob in sight, your FAP won't go into auto-use. (It might not auto-use also if something's pwning you from behind but there's no mob in front of you)

On the practical level, this is only a minor nuisance as you can still heal with single uses. However, this is inconsistent and may be unpredictable.

IMHO it would be better to have auto-use regardless of the context, or no auto-use at all.

Thoughts?

Ran into the same issue and I'm sure many other players did as well, I agree for sure it should just auto use on self or another player if another player is selected upon use of Operate.

Agreed ot should auto heal self if no other valid target but for pro healers this may incure extra unwanted decay.

On the practical level, this is only a minor nuisance as you can still heal with single uses. However, this is inconsistent and may be unpredictable. IMHO it would be better to have auto-use regardless of the context, or no auto-use at all.

Hold down use tool button and it will turn on auto-use tool. They combined the functionality into one button.

"Interact" is to turn on bot mode, loot creatures and to get in and out of vehicles.

My issue is that FAPs lock on to mobs and not players! We can't heal mobs, so no point in this! I would rather see FAPs lock on to players and auto-use functioning for tools as it does weapons.

Maybe my client has different key bindings but, to auto use anything, i just need to press RMB.

Back