Entropia Universe 16.0.2 Release Notes

Still waiting on hp bars to return ;.;' simply finding someone to trade or team is so much harders.

The code still exists in teams, please make it global thing again. the ability to grab a status bar of someone's names, I don't even care about animals or other objects... just put it in the context menu against pleeeeeaaaase. Thank you.

Please for everyone's sanity make the camera stop moving when locked on a target. Mining even makes me dizzy now.

Still waiting on hp bars to return ;.;' simply finding someone to trade or team is so much harders.

The code still exists in teams, please make it global thing again. the ability to grab a status bar of someone's names, I don't even care about animals or other objects... just put it in the context menu against pleeeeeaaaase. Thank you.

I have a feeling tour not going to see health bars again. With this kind of control setup the only direction will be less cursor stuff and more context menu etc

Thank you very much for fixing the zoom out again.i can play again.can we get the information window of mining deeds when double clicking as earlier?now it summons the claim which is annoying.as many of us mine with lbml pls pop up info window again.or is there another way to register claims with new update?

Thanks

It is getting closer to where it was and working quite well already, but I'm still losing focus on lootable targets sometimes where I have to interrupt my pattern and go at it manually. I'm not sure what this "priority" exactly does internally, but seems not 100% reliable in this context. I see no logic in unselecting the target before it is looted in the first place (unless autoloot buff is on or in an instance where you don't collect loot this way). What was a problem in the old system was that you got hung up on the carcass even after looting until it vanished, this is no longer the case. It looks as if this has been overcorrected and now it gets released needlessly too early.

I'm having a little graphics problem which isn't exactly new, but was already fixed before VU 16 as it hadn't occurred in quite some time, but now more often again. It is the mob's body vanishing except for the tail end just a few shots after beginning on it, and then it can't be damaged any further. Only entering a vehicle and moving about a little brings its entirety back, but only for a further one or very few shots. This has to be repeated several times then to finish it. I don't know whether it's a problem the planet partner has to deal with (was reported to Arkadia team) or whether it has to do with my setup or hardware. Going to ask support as they may need further details, just wondering if anybody else gets it.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=313763

Edit: After further testing under different environment, it seems both issues, although unrelated, may have simply to do with performance. Under slightly better conditions the vanishing act doesn't occur at all anymore and the looting, while not 100% problem-free, succeeds a lot more often. It just worked even on this potato before the VU and now not so well anymore, which means that min spec requirements might be upped a notch. Not a big deal and probably not worth spending much time on.

Last edited:
Awesome work Mindark! You guys really impress on us now with two quick and good bugfixes in two weeks and I really like the new functions you implemented.
Keep up the good work!

I hear u and i dont agree. I remeber way back when i run with my deciples if i had my gun pointing forward my deciple could run faster then me, as a example.

Yep agree:wise:

Agility is a factor if you agree or not it seems no one but you has the problem. I also tested this more than once alone and with someone. Not trying to be rude because it is very madding with it seems that no one else has the same problem. Are really fat, JK:)

Something so small I hate to mention it but... I use the rotate left and right and sometimes they lock to auto rotate way too fast especially when shooting a mob. I would not mind having an option to stop auto-rotate. But that can be way down on the list.

Something so small I hate to mention it but...

I've found that it is often a small thing which is the final straw. It shouldn't really make a difference, but it drains energy from a person and leaves them just sitting there shaking their head. Douglas Adams described beautifully how Arthur Dent couldn't comprehend that the Earth had been destroyed by thinking about big things that he would never see again. It was something little that he thought at one point, and it hit him hard!

Dennis, do you have any appreciation of this at all? I get the feeling that you don't. You have been working hard, yes, you and whatever team you have are now making changes to the changes within days, most of which are good. But it's like we are always getting the flipside as well (like a coin always has two sides).

My tp map size now remembers my main map size after the latest update, which is crazy, because I want my main map on screen to be mostly small when I'm running around and my tp map large so I can select the tp most easily. Now they are either both large or both small when I open them. That is my really small point of stupidity for today - why, why, why? Could you please change it to separate the settings, ty.

I also appreciate that some people will complain, while others thank you for the same change, e.g. shrap conversion confirmation. Personally, I am grateful that shrap does not automatically become converted by a mistaken click, as I often want to split the stack first and convert only some.
If you have a box which asks "do not show this again", and another to reset the 'do not show again' boxes if people change their minds at some point, then we can all choose what we want.

As somebody else has said many times, options, options, options - so I like it that we have more sliders! Can you now just go back to the zoom slider and allow us yet another step out please... it's almost there now, c'mon...

Please bring back auto use tool as separate action. And fix next target stopping from auto use tool when used.
And who's the "wise" one that says to "fix" things that work perfect instead of fixing other important things that dont?
Can you make something intelligent and think before listen to some "wise" guy outthere?

Can I sneak these in for the next iteration – not new bugs but long-standing requests which would be most efficient to implement while it's hot and you're at the same construction site anyway:

- Save map widget state incl. waypoints across logins (most annoying when kicked because of disconnect)
- Put pet actions and tricks in action library so they can be assigned to keys (naming "Pet trick #1..#n" is sufficient)
- Add action to close loot window (so those who use old-school loot window can close it with a key)
- Open contact list scrolled UP by default, not scrolled down
- See if client really needs to restart upon network timeout

Thanks!

Well have done some small hunt.

Camera still moving to much in 3rd person (cursor mode) when shooting a target, especially anoying in hilly area.
Still making me dizzy.
Did only 100 kills (daily mission) and had to stop past that.

In 3rd person cursor mode, still lose target on dead mobs - looting still uncomfortable.

Another useful ability removed with "next target" is out of a flying vehicle easily surveying an area for creatures or features. Since outside of pvp it has no function now when sitting in a vehicle, "lock target" could receive this function again.

Another useful ability removed with "next target" is out of a flying vehicle easily surveying an area for creatures or features. Since outside of pvp it has no function now when sitting in a vehicle, "lock target" could receive this function again.

I used the surveying that you are talking about all the time especially for the daily missions. Which brings me to my next point. The daily missions appear to not be working properly. I am not sure the exact time I did mine yesterday but more the 16 than hours ago and I can not activate it yet. I will try again to see if its just the 16 hour limit is broken.

MA please make Camera Freelook how it was. Do not force camera back to the rear when it is released.
It use to be that clicking Middle mouse once would reset the camera and if it was already at the starting position, it would switch between front view and rear view to get a quick look at what was behind or infront of you.

PLEASE add this as an Option

Also add an Option to Disable Crosshairs, damage flashing start, in range indicator, white dot etc...

Stuck

Sorry but cant keep up with all the forum posts about having to learn the absolute basics of the game again.

Given all the changes decided to start emptying out my inventory; so now found a few other issues:

Can anyone help out with :

How to get out of a chair; I cannot find an option; hairdresser, body sculpt, and normal chairs all affected. Cannot T or teleport out as :
[System]: You cannot equip a tool while sitting down
[System]: You may not do this when movement is locked
Only option is to relog.

Items invisible in an estate; now no pick up to go with select - is there a work around to pick up those items that you can see but have collision bug preventing them from being picked up?

Mannequins, Shopkeepers etc - how can they be picked up?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Last edited:
Am I mistaken but did some say that they checked with the tracker guys and he said that the player count is down ?

Double clicking to equip items is not need or consistent to the rest of the system. It does not make any sense and is confusing to have double click open item info on all other items and even equipment in auction but equips in inventory.

Please change this back for continuity.

Also, holding right click to open Context menu is annoying. It opens ALL THE TIME by mistake when trying to look or turn around. This plus having Middle Mouse Camera Freelook forced back to the rear when released makes it next to impossible to effectively observe your surroundings especially while hunting.

Please add an Option to Disable this function on Right Click or find a new method of accessing or activating options in context menus. It is not user friendly New and Old players have a hard time figuring out and doing things as simple as how to Exit Seats or Pickup things among other actions that are much easier just to have as an Action Icon. Are context menus really needed if there can be an Action Icon for all functions in Library???

Last edited:
Sorry but cant keep up with all the forum posts about having to learn the absolute basics of the game again.

Given all the changes decided to start emptying out my inventory; so now found a few other issues:

How to get out of a chair; I cannot find an option; hairdresser, body sculpt, and normal chairs all affected. Cannot T or teleport out as :
Only option is to relog.

haha yeah they removed the stand/stop action. but why oh why, hmmmm?!?!?!? :eyecrazy:

haha yeah they removed the stand/stop action. but why oh why, hmmmm?!?!?!? :eyecrazy:

Can no longer drop items/stackables on floor as far as I know... So no more floor decorations ever again.

Double clicking to equip items is not need or consistent to the rest of the system. It does not make any sense and is confusing to have double click open item info on all other items and even equipment in auction but equips in inventory.

Please change this back for continuity.

Also, holding right click to open Context menu is annoying. It opens ALL THE TIME by mistake when trying to look or turn around. This plus having Middle Mouse Camera Freelook forced back to the rear when released makes it next to impossible to effectively observe your surroundings especially while hunting.

Please add an Option to Disable this function on Right Click or find a new method of accessing or activating options in context menus. It is not user friendly New and Old players have a hard time figuring out and doing things as simple as how to Exit Seats or Pickup things among other actions that are much easier just to have as an Action Icon. Are context menus really needed if there can be an Action Icon for all functions in Library???

Don't have your regular used tools on the keyboard or at the bottom of the screen so you can one click the ones on the screen or push the key board short cut ?

Can no longer drop items/stackables on floor as far as I know... So no more floor decorations ever again.

Think that was something from a while back

No more treasures for Noobies left around the game - Used to be fun finding random stuff left around in the old game !

Am I mistaken but did some say that they checked with the tracker guys and he said that the player count is down ?

Someone did the first day after the main update

Cant remember when or who

Did Soc terminals go aswell?

I haven't tested yet, will try to do it this weekend, but I must say, I'm impressed.

From what I read, all my biggest frustrations are fixed!
There will still be some things that I will truely miss, like the free camera, but okay, a new update always means adjusting, and I will try to adjust to this, I'm sure it will work out eventually if I keep playing. But the real annoying stuff for me seems to have all been fixed if I read these notes.

Many many many thanks MA!

Let's hope that when testing it will actually feel as great as what I'm thinking it will be after reading the topic!

And if some things might still be broken, I guess I will gladly wait for it, because you guys are showing that you are actually really listening to the community, and are trying to get things done asap as well! This is what matters the most to me! Getting something 100% perfect is not possible, but trying to get as close as possible is really awesome, and that is what you are doing now!

Many thanks for listening to us, and for the speed of the updates, my faith in MindArk has not only been restored, but has actually never been as high as it is today. I haven't had such a good feeling about Entropia in years :)
Keep up this job, and then I will gladly try to adjust to the few things that I still don't like now... Those things eventually will get in my fingers I hope :)

/no more whining from my end, you have proved to want to change, and make things better for the community, I'll repay this now by trying to be positive towards MA as well! No need to whine about every single element, but I will try to make productive feedback from now on ;)

Don't have your regular used tools on the keyboard or at the bottom of the screen so you can one click the ones on the screen or push the key board short cut ?

Exactly. Yes I do.
Double clicking should open Item Info on Equipment like every other item... Not equip items in inventory

Only option is to relog.

Items invisible in an estate; now no pick up to go with select - is there a work around to pick up those items that you can see but have collision bug preventing them from being picked up?

Mannequins, Shopkeepers etc - how can they be picked up?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Just walk away from a chair when seated, you automatically stand up...
To pick up shop keeper right click on base for menu.

hunting_hof_list_-_97_entries.jpg

Hunting HOF list cant even manage 100 since this control change / healthbar removal.

Congratulations to Kick though, nice one.

hunting_hof_list_-_97_entries.jpg

Hunting HOF list cant even manage 100 since this control change / healthbar removal.

Congratulations to Kick though, nice one.

That could be you on kerberos.
Think about the bright side.
The rookie channel would go crazy.

Back