Entropia Universe 16.0.2 Release Notes

That could be you on kerberos.
Think about the bright side.
The rookie channel would go crazy.

HOF list used to be 25 before you played youngling. :tongue2:

It might go back to that if less of us hunt, and if less of us hunt do you think you will still make a profit? We shall see.

It might go back to that if less of us hunt, and if less of us hunt do you think you will still make a profit? We shall see.

Planet earth is long before you were born. :tongue2:
If we will be 3 remaining players in this game I will still profit from the other 2.

Someone did the first day after the main update

Cant remember when or who

Did Soc terminals go aswell?

I believe he said he spoke with someone and they told him players where way down. That's a lie Here is what the guys said "We don't not track number of players active," I can give anyone a SS if they don't believe me.

hunting_hof_list_-_97_entries.jpg

Hunting HOF list cant even manage 100 since this control change / healthbar removal.

Congratulations to Kick though, nice one.

CRAP that be my record from about 2 years ago of 8 or 10 ped something like that :(

I haven't tested yet, will try to do it this weekend, but I must say, I'm impressed.

From what I read, all my biggest frustrations are fixed!
There will still be some things that I will truely miss, like the free camera, but okay, a new update always means adjusting, and I will try to adjust to this, I'm sure it will work out eventually if I keep playing. But the real annoying stuff for me seems to have all been fixed if I read these notes.

Many many many thanks MA!

Let's hope that when testing it will actually feel as great as what I'm thinking it will be after reading the topic!

And if some things might still be broken, I guess I will gladly wait for it, because you guys are showing that you are actually really listening to the community, and are trying to get things done asap as well! This is what matters the most to me! Getting something 100% perfect is not possible, but trying to get as close as possible is really awesome, and that is what you are doing now!

Many thanks for listening to us, and for the speed of the updates, my faith in MindArk has not only been restored, but has actually never been as high as it is today. I haven't had such a good feeling about Entropia in years :)
Keep up this job, and then I will gladly try to adjust to the few things that I still don't like now... Those things eventually will get in my fingers I hope :)

/no more whining from my end, you have proved to want to change, and make things better for the community, I'll repay this now by trying to be positive towards MA as well! No need to whine about every single element, but I will try to make productive feedback from now on ;)

Well put and I am complete agreement!

Mega quit it :) there are not going to be less of us it will just take a little time for the adjustment. Personally I have played more the last few days than I have for a long time. Tracker shows me 120 HRs in the last 30 days be I will bet 20 or 30 are in the last few days.

I agree here and also the warning for compressing the inventory i like to be able to make inactive.

I agree here to not sure if it still slow u down running with ur weapon pointing forward but so it was before i belive.

And i must say it make me happy to se its not all bad vibes here but mostly it seem, to be possitve reactions to this VU and patch. There is hope for the future im sure of :wtg::yay:

please - give us the option for these - i'm sure theres more - maybe make it some kind of nubbe protection? - and about that confirm option in the AH - doest it allwsays say price lower than most sales? what is that even comparing- your peds card?

When is the next patch?? game is awful

Love to have mob counter.

Wouldn't you like to know how many mobs you kill in a run. I don't really know if it makes a diff you know. I know some like bigger runs and some like smaller but is there a break point on how many you kill? I don't think it would be hard to code beings how they already have counters for events. It might be nice to see how many mobs or how much ped you have so far in a run and maybe where it starts getting bad. Like in some events you get 2 points per pec or however it is but you know what your ped count is all the time. Might tell when to cash in because you not getting good loot as some point in a run and you might want to cash in and take a break and come back.

Just a thought not a biggie.

When is the next patch?? game is awful
You haven't played long to enough to know awful :) Try when you can not select a mob because the hit boxes are all screwed up.

Just messing with you no offense :)

after around 20 hours with this VU (lst week was absolutely not playable for me)...
Nope...dont like the new system...never used next target before and enjoyed setting up the mobs with the healthbars and choose which to kill next.
The wobbling in hilly areas is annoying, the next target does not seem to really choose the next target (unless the radar is wrong), it does not zoom out to show a global (which is the only moment I really accept that the system takes over my camera), alt tabbing makes it go to cursorless mode, have not found a way to get that ugly sight go away and most importingly it only brought new bugs and exploits.
I really want to zoom out fully like before and have the camera fixed at the position I choose (except for globals...would not mind if the camera swirls around me when I get one).

Dont know why the healthbars had to go but right now the game feels really dumped down.

And for those that disagree and say it had to be changed because of bots and PvP

ROFL
right now you only need a bot that uses the F key to hit the next target ? And what does a bot really bring ? It's not like the bot could produce a profit. Skills are worthless to sell (or why do you think people pay you to get rid of their skills ?) and even if you hunt 24/7 the loot will leave you with a loss.
Heal bot ? erhh..only profit a healer gets are the tips and for the mobs you really need a healer a bot would not be really practical.

Dont care about PvP...they can do whatever they like...if they have not radar, healthbars and are unable to use next target in lootable PvP , I am fine with that.

Supported MA on a lot of VUs....but this one is the least enjoyable and feels really like two steps back.
Not about adapting, but I do not get to choose about the HOW I want to play

after around 20 hours with this VU (lst week was absolutely not playable for me)...
Nope...dont like the new system...never used next target before and enjoyed setting up the mobs with the healthbars and choose which to kill next.
The wobbling in hilly areas is annoying, the next target does not seem to really choose the next target (unless the radar is wrong), it does not zoom out to show a global (which is the only moment I really accept that the system takes over my camera), alt tabbing makes it go to cursorless mode, have not found a way to get that ugly sight go away and most importingly it only brought new bugs and exploits.
I really want to zoom out fully like before and have the camera fixed at the position I choose (except for globals...would not mind if the camera swirls around me when I get one).

Dont know why the healthbars had to go but right now the game feels really dumped down.

And for those that disagree and say it had to be changed because of bots and PvP

ROFL
right now you only need a bot that uses the F key to hit the next target ? And what does a bot really bring ? It's not like the bot could produce a profit. Skills are worthless to sell (or why do you think people pay you to get rid of their skills ?) and even if you hunt 24/7 the loot will leave you with a loss.
Heal bot ? erhh..only profit a healer gets are the tips and for the mobs you really need a healer a bot would not be really practical.

Dont care about PvP...they can do whatever they like...if they have not radar, healthbars and are unable to use next target in lootable PvP , I am fine with that.

Supported MA on a lot of VUs....but this one is the least enjoyable and feels really like two steps back.
Not about adapting, but I do not get to choose about the HOW I want to play

Just a couple of things where are the people that will pay me to take there skills I will take all they have. I don't think the game has ran this smooth for a while and the hit boxes my have went the way of the "Not able drop items" which according to MA help the game move along better and I have reason to doubt that because it sure seems better to me.

Almost forgot. About which mob is chosen on lock target or the F key look at the cursor movement. If in can move straight up or close to it, instead of spinning 130 degrees it will take the target with the least movement. If you want nearest mob then option "Locking ignores view" in the options menu.

Last edited:
This from the praise thread –
Random findings, continued:

When converting shrapnel after running out of universal ammo while you continue using the same weapon, it now takes from the universal ammo automatically. Previously you had to unequip and re-equip first for it to work. A minor fix not bragged about, thanks.
now again doesn't work. What happened?

This from the praise thread –

now again doesn't work. What happened?

Im pretty sure i tested that years ago and event tho it displayed the regular ammo was correctly using the uni ammo.

Im pretty sure i tested that years ago and event tho it displayed the regular ammo was correctly using the uni ammo.

Hm, what I've been observing all the time was that, when you convert shrapnel right in the middle while you were on regular ammo, the new universal ammo gets displayed with its amount/shots left, but when you shoot again it continues using up your regular ammo until it runs out. The uni ammo display does not start to count down until then. I've been doing this quite frequently, i.e. using up regular ammo until i don't have enough shots left to kill another mob, then convert and continue. The remaining shots in regular ammo are passing exactly before uni ammo is touched. This could be circumvented by unequipping and re-equipping the weapon. It appeared to have been fixed in the previous patch, where I noticed that upon converting shrapnel with a few shots in regular ammo left, it now started counting down from the green stuff immediately. Now again it doesn't. (Much text for a little thing but I don't know how to describe it any more concisely.)

Hm, what I've been observing all the time was that, when you convert shrapnel right in the middle while you were on regular ammo, the new universal ammo gets displayed with its amount/shots left, but when you shoot again it continues using up your regular ammo until it runs out. The uni ammo display does not start to count down until then. I've been doing this quite frequently, i.e. using up regular ammo until i don't have enough shots left to kill another mob, then convert and continue. The remaining shots in regular ammo are passing exactly before uni ammo is touched. This could be circumvented by unequipping and re-equipping the weapon. It appeared to have been fixed in the previous patch, where I noticed that upon converting shrapnel with a few shots in regular ammo left, it now started counting down from the green stuff immediately. Now again it doesn't. (Much text for a little thing but I don't know how to describe it any more concisely.)

the display and count on screen was messed up but if you looked at you uni ammo in your inventory its what was being used.

Just a couple of things where are the people that will pay me to take there skills I will take all they have. I don't think the game has ran this smooth for a while and the hit boxes my have went the way of the "Not able drop items" which according to MA help the game move along better and I have reason to doubt that because it sure seems better to me.

Almost forgot. About which mob is chosen on lock target or the F key look at the cursor movement. If in can move straight up or close to it, instead of spinning 130 degrees it will take the target with the least movement. If you want nearest mob then option "Locking ignores view" in the options menu.

Besides the "free skills, you provide the ESI"
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...arksmanship-Skills&highlight=marksmanship+pay

And I have locking ignores view on and also thoat thingy to run to hidden mobs...still seems to run to mobs that are neither in the field of view nor the nearest (accroding to the radar, could be that others are nearer but elevated

the display and count on screen was messed up but if you looked at you uni ammo in your inventory its what was being used.

Definitely not – my blp was always gone afterwards except the tiny remainder not enough for one shot, and countdown was not messed up at all, just on hold for the exact number of shots left in regular ammo as described above.

This is one line in code to fix – it was just forgotten to re-trigger the determination of which ammo to use upon conversion. It changed the display but not the actual usage until running out called that subroutine (or re-equipping). It is possible that some work between 16.0.1 and 16.0.2 accidentally overwrote already made changes.

Last edited:
Tried some Caperon hunting...
Besides losing some ammo to another hunter because I did not notice that he was already shooting at the mob (benefit of healthbars ?) and the wobbly camera movement...

this is surely _NOT_ an "exciting" or "enjoyable" way to spent money.

hell...after two beers I had two stop because from the movement I seem to get a bit sick (I never head motion sickness) and the sight is not really nice.

Taking a break...
This camera system limits my playstyle....cant play near others anymore and will surely avoid things like mayhem in the future...not worth the hassle to be called a killstealer in Free-for-All

Just BTW to the one worried about running with weapon at ready would slow him down just hit the X key that will relax the weapon.

Have you tried mining and dig out claims with F autouse, the ground constantly shaking up and down, as there is always some earthquake.

I still dont get why camera moves that much when playing in third person.

So far it looks that I cant play for more than half an hour without getting sick.

Human brains are not build to stay in a rollercoaster all day, to much movements make you sick over time.

Sadly I cant play EU anymore as I used to do it.

Same when hunting in hilly areas or small mobs, haven´t done the big ones like Caperon yet, but the pictures posted say everything.

Its not playable nor enjoyable.

Have you tried mining and dig out claims with F autouse, the ground constantly shaking up and down, as there is always some earthquake.

I still dont get why camera moves that much when playing in third person.

So far it looks that I cant play for more than half an hour without getting sick.

Human brains are not build to stay in a rollercoaster all day, to much movements make you sick over time.

Sadly I cant play EU anymore as I used to do it.

Same when hunting in hilly areas or small mobs, haven´t done the big ones like Caperon yet, but the pictures posted say everything.

Its not playable nor enjoyable.

That is very strange cause i mine quite a bit and don't get any camera shake from drilling using F- autouse and mostly i mine in third person view.

There is this single auctioneer @medusa mall which does this constant shaking and really i can't take it even for 5 minutes so i can understand how messy it is for those experiencing it.

Seems strange that we are having such varied experiences. The only thing that makes sense is some setting issue or some bug in camera implementation.

Back in the past

the slowness of the game

I feel like a macro command

I'm willing to help test for the next time the control system gets changed BTW. ;)

it does not zoom out to show a global (which is the only moment I really accept that the system takes over my camera), alt tabbing makes it go to cursorless mode.

Sorry if I misunderstood anything here, but you have an option for the camera, when getting a global, and alt tabbing always changed the mode for me.

Can i make it not loosing aim when i press Alt ? Also sometime it goes in aim mode and i can't stop ... only relog help me to fix it . Not funny at all

Bring back old system this is unplayable for me that used only mouse and as medic hb bars or bring auto faping for the one nended than fine but this is worthless tgo play self as midi hunter i liked to get hp bar and chose weapon with cursors on scren

... sometime it goes in aim mode and i can't stop ... only relog help me to fix it . Not funny at all

I have experienced this frustrating bug as well...
Sometimes I get stuck in Aim mode and can not toggle Cursor. Smashing keyboard a few times seems to fix it.

I am constantly holding Camera Freelook to look around and line up next targets... I suspect this may be the cause of this bug.
Please allow Camera Freelook to be as it was before. Stop snapping back the camera to the rear when released.

Also, please allow Option to disable Crosshair and White Dot.

I have experienced this frustrating bug as well...
Sometimes I get stuck in Aim mode and can not toggle Cursor. Smashing keyboard a few times seems to fix it.

I am constantly holding Camera Freelook to look around and line up next targets... I suspect this may be the cause of this bug.

Yes me too, exactly as you describe, and how to fix :laugh:

Back