Entropia Universe 16.0.2 Release Notes

Havn't tested it yet, but reading the notes just feels great.

How long since we have last been heard that way ?

Feels like the Project is back on tracks !

We will now SEE !

Additions
  • Added a new tab called Camera under options with these added features. Check tooltip for additional information.
    • Far Vertical Offset
    • Near Vertical Offset
    • Maximum Distance
    • Locked Horizontal Speed
    • Locked Vertical Speed
    • Mouse Sensitivity
    • Distance Sensitivity
  • Added in-range feedback in the Stationary Weapon HUD.
  • Added feature “Locking Ignores View” option under Options/Gameplay where closest target is always selected for Lock Target. Attacking targets have priority.
Changes

[*]Look Up and Look down actions are now back in the action library. For vehicles they will function as Pitch up and Pitch Down.
[*]Removed minimum distance for lockable target.
[*]Looting now has a higher priority for Interact.
[*]“Lock Target” range is now the same for all tools, 180m.

I wish you guys could keep some of the new additions in the camera update as options because some of these were really nice and I personally liked very much the speed of the camera during hunts.

Later Edit:current speed is fine and also it can be adjusted. Perfect!

Thank you for listening and updating! Looks like everything we wanted. Will see soon.

Also, Evey likes it, it must be OK! :)

I noticed my camera doesnt zoom in anymore when i global through crafting :(
Loved that but it stays still now, I have the option activated that let effects change camera.

Is it gone?

I noticed my camera doesnt zoom in anymore when i global through crafting :(
Loved that but it stays still now, I have the option activated that let effects change camera.

Is it gone?

I believe I noticed this as well with hunting globals.

Just did a quick look but so far it's :wtg:.

Note: Malachai Inferno FEN Edition still do not have a texture.

Thanks for this great patch. :yup:
It was appropriate, and fast reaction from you. :thumbup:

Special thanks for the "ignore view" and "closest target" option. :cheer:

And also for increased zoom out.
(I think it would be nice to increase it a little more again, I started scrolling out again after 1H testing, trying to go beyond the maximum :ahh:)

I guess it's not over, there is still alot to adjust or to fix.
But my hope is back that this VU was for the best. :wtg:

Finally, thank you! This patch fixed all of the camera and control issues for me. Now this is an almost perfect VU 16.0.

Love how MA is on top of thinks this release, can't wait to try it out. I'm confident more finetuning will be done in the next weeks.

Can we PLEASE get and option for not getting the stupid warning when converting shrap??? Some of us don't convert it by mistake and this added window is annoying. Thanks.

I agree here and also the warning for compressing the inventory i like to be able to make inactive.

can we please bring back when selecting auto run it relaxes weapon? All other games do this and before this camera update it did it. Annoying to have to press yet another key...
Thanks.

I agree here to not sure if it still slow u down running with ur weapon pointing forward but so it was before i belive.

And i must say it make me happy to se its not all bad vibes here but mostly it seem, to be possitve reactions to this VU and patch. There is hope for the future im sure of :wtg::yay:

I agree here and also the warning for compressing the inventory i like to be able to make inactive.

I agree here to not sure if it still slow u down running with ur weapon pointing forward but so it was before i belive.

And i must say it make me happy to se its not all bad vibes here but mostly it seem, to be possitve reactions to this VU and patch. There is hope for the future im sure of :wtg::yay:

Weapon at ready position did not slow you down before, tested.

Can we PLEASE get and option for not getting the stupid warning when converting shrap??? Some of us don't convert it by mistake and this added window is annoying. Thanks.

An option to select "Do not warn me again" for certain warnings linked with an option in 'Gameplay' could be nice to have for this and two or three other things, such as merging stacks.

An option to select "Do not warn me again" for certain warnings linked with an option in 'Gameplay' could be nice to have for this and two or three other things, such as merging stacks.

Yes.
I can understand removing old features can be hard on some of us and reverting implemented features to old ones will release some pressure, but it would be great to keep the new features as options. We like having options and so far it looks nice.
Good job!

A+ keep it up, you can really tell that you guys are 100% on EU now as your main project.

Can't wait to log in tonight after work and see some of these fixes. Does anyone know if it still changes the zoom when you switch from weapon to heal tool? Or did I miss some way to disable that from happening?

Or at least like with most other messages add a checkbox that you do not want to be asked twice again.

I say let's complain about other issues first (if any) :deal:

Can't wait to log in tonight after work and see some of these fixes. Does anyone know if it still changes the zoom when you switch from weapon to heal tool? Or did I miss some way to disable that from happening?

It was this one

Removed the extra zoom for ready mode.

And yes, it was removed, thankfully. I'm guessing since DA does not heal at all on dev server, he only uses code to restore his HP, this was thought of being cool, but there are times when you have to break your fap against some mobs and it became very annoying so it's gone :D

:wtg:
can't wait to log in again in about 6 months or so when MA has completed VU 16.9.23 :yay:

Judging by the reactions the update is far from finished yet.
So, let's give them some more time...

Two MUST HAVE as I stated previously:

Quick look back when clicking scroll button.

Smooth transition from 3rd to 1st view doable with scrolling back/forward.

Are those features back? If not, please give it us back, there was no reason to remove it.

I'm gonna test after work, if above is already done then props.

BTW, recent lack of activity must have been noticeable by MA so they acted quickly. With this VU money was literally running away from you at pace never seen before.

MA can be easily hard-pressed, all we need is everybody logged out for a week or two :)

Last edited:
Looks very good and its no biggie but I like the quick movement on the target when swinging around but like I said no biggie.

I freaking love this VU, thank you MA/Dennis. Now I can hunt even more efficiently than in the past, now I only need to press F key and I can hunt semi-afk again. :yay:
Now just need to fix the autoloot pill bug from TT, it says 20 meters but it only starts to pick loot up around 5-10 meters. And I wouldn't mind an option of setting fast right click on anything on screen = Right click (hold) like in the past. And please hotkey to pickup vehicle. Also an option to disable double click = equip item, instead = view information like in the past.
Also a way to set mouse wheel to not default back to default position when you release it (like in the past).

Yeah, I'm still confused why we need to confirm buying ammo every time! :D If you aren't happy with buying from TT you can just TT the item for same peds back! :D

Thanks for listening. Personally I find the game playable again.

Ur assuming its changed.

Even before camera patch it incidentally happend as a bug.

no looter didn't change.. I had 2 of those last night 6hours before patch. jus sayin for confirmation :)

on a side note still NEED:

ENTER SHIP context menu or default interact action on pathfiders!

and WoW that new space WAR targeting circle reticle thingy.. pretty hard core! Makes me feel like im readying to launch a nuclear strike! =p

I freaking love this VU, thank you MA/Dennis. Now I can hunt even more efficiently than in the past, now I only need to press F key and I can hunt semi-afk again. :yay:
Now just need to fix the autoloot pill bug from TT, it says 20 meters but it only starts to pick loot up around 5-10 meters. And I wouldn't mind an option of setting fast right click on anything on screen = Right click (hold) like in the past. And please hotkey to pickup vehicle. Also an option to disable double click = equip item, instead = view information like in the past.
Also a way to set mouse wheel to not default back to default position when you release it (like in the past).

Seee.. u jus needed to give it some time.. its a really a kick azz setup onc eu get into it.. few more small tweaks and it be the dream :)

This is awesome progress MA. Love the communication!
Can’t wait to get home and do more testing.

Working on another list of recommendations for feedback :wtg:

Amps also fixed, no more need to sweat bullets if im hunting with bugged amp, finally!

Love the camera options, especially the view distance setting.

Great job MA, continue to work like this and EU might just get a new "Golden Age"

Very welcomed patch! Hunting is by far more enjoyable :woot:

Let’s hope MA can keep the momentum: communication and follow through = happy players!

Back