Suggestion: Strafing should not cancel target selection/lock

Status

Darkaruki

Stalker
Banned
Formerly "Darkaruki Dorkaruki Kakiro"
I find it's often the case that I select a target or lock onto a target and then I want to strafe left or strafe right (A and D) to move to the left or to the right on my way to the target due to there being an obstruction between me and the target or to avoid running into more creatures.

Traditionally players were able to strafe left or right after an input was made which was quite useful in these common scenarios but this ability seems to have been lost in VU 16.

I'd like to suggest that it's re-implemented since I don't see any downside and the functionality it provides is quite useful.

Here is a video demonstrating the issue:

Note that this issue affects the player when they are in transit to performing the input and does not occur once the input has begun.

Last edited:
I vote for this too, if it's possible to bring it back (even as option) I previously used this a lot on some mobs, especially during mayhem farming.

Yea, I think this is a good suggestion

Yes, this is especially important for melee. Shouldn't cancel auto-use just because there's a boulder between you and the mob, or because you want to get out of the way of your teammates.

Ah too bad this is still a thing, would be nice to have it back!

Status
Back