• No, I want the old system back.

Votes: 65 51.2%

• Total voters

Evey

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Eve Everglades
Folks keep saying "time for a new thread". Well, after 2 patches, there you have it, yes/no.
Cheers

"Simple Question. Do you like the new camera system, or do you prefer the old one? Keep it simple."

Maybe better to say the current camera system, because it will probably get some more changes later on. I voted yes though, with recent VU.

It's getting closer to "meet the new system, the same as the old system". :)

Simple answer - yes.

Lengthy answer - stop licking MA's A..wonder how u missed the 10+pages of the released notes thread where ppl saying they love it.ow wait u read only 1st page of it.:laugh:

Maybe better to say the current camera system, because it will probably get some more changes later on. I voted yes though, with recent VU.

you mean, like almost all changes in the past decade ?
They have a great idea, go full ahead through with it and never really finsih it, because, there is the next great idea.
Anybody remember the old New Oxford ?
Hadesheim ?
Loot 2.0 ?(still can lose 1000 PED hunting in 5-6 hours without getting a global or halfway payback)
The promises of what the new engine would bring ?
Buying real life items in-game?

Instead of adding stuff they keep taking stuff out and implementing something new to get new "players" and in the process losing the quite a few "old" ones.
The changes did not make the core more exciting, they just took something we liked and gave us a new bone to hope for.
Drastical changes will never make customers happy and keep them....Their first goal should be retention by additions ...A happy customer will spread the word and draw new ones, a pissed off customer will more likely raise his voice and warn people off.

Love it, especially after the latest patch. Seems to suit my hunting style perfectly, grinding is easier and quicker for me then before.

Voted NO !

Still no healthbars for healing --> teams/groups.

In 3rd person cursor mode, still lose target on dead mobs -- looting so anoying.

Still way to much camera moves in 3rd person, when shooting a mob, especially in hill area it makes me really dizzy, had to stop hunting after 100 kills.

I dont like it because I cant play with it for more than half an hour without getting headache !

smooth hunt as melee user.
I've uninstalled the game few times after hunting dragons, rextelums as melee user now its perfect.
No more pvp cheaters (for now) - perfect
no more healing bots, 3rd party software users on that field - perfect
definitely improvements can be done
YES i like it.

Voted yes, but need the rubber Banding gone.

voted yes on both polls.

i only hate that mindark always breaks more things, than they release or fix, with their so called "updates". :twocents:

As Ive gotten used to it, I like it a lot. My only problem is the slight rapid zooming in/out when I switch to healing from attacking a mob.

The new systems has it's upsides and downsides..

I'm going to be blunt here and hopefully that folks will take this with a grain of salt..

Do I like the new system? yes, I do, but i do have to do so with a bit of cconstructive criticism here andI'll get to that in a moment..

To be honest i was highly skeptical and very pessimistic when it came to this, and in fact it's funny that with the loos of the life bars (and the ability to grab them I was a bit worried that I would have to quit the game..

Now as of the day of the release..

The day of the release had me reading over the release notes and I even read them 2 to 3 times. I was still undecided at this point, but once I got with some people, and we talked about it and got some feedback from folks, I started to learn the new camera system quickly..

and by quickly I mean it took me less than 15 minutes to figure it all out..

Does the camera system work? Well it helps cut down on lag and increases the speed of hunting that's a plus.. but it has it's downside and the fact that it's this one small fix that Mindark will have to make in order for starting players to do stuff..

Sweating isn't the problem here either.. it's instead fruit gathering..

Now granted Fruit can pop up anywhere within your field of view provided you are in Third Person mode, but with such a small back field view it's very hard to find stuff behind you..

(Though I will admit that while out hunting zombies on Rocktropia I was able to find some fruit.. but it was in my field of vision..)

The thing is this is the sticking point. Mindark needs to fix this problem and it's a small one at best as it would take them maybe at most 30 minutes to adjust the camera angles and views so fruit walkers can enjoy the game..

Other than that, Really no real issues to speak of. In fact With very little if any lag, the game runs smoother and the ability to hunt quicker means that I will be able to finish missions faster..

(Plus I learned a trick now that is even better for the people who hunt in third person mode.. and as you know we can't click on the life bards anymore., but if you click on the mobs while pressing f you can still shoot and continue shooting till the mob is dead.. then click one more time and you're looting it..

In all I would say that on opening day this system was a 7, 8 at best, but now that you get used to it, it has been bumped up to a solid 8 in my option..(I knocked it down 2 points due to the fact of the third person fruit walkers not getting a fair break in this deal..)

But all I approve. :D it's going to be a rather interesting summer when the real hunts begin on Calypso and elsewhere..

Just my thoughts

(Sgt.) Benjamin Ben Coyote , IFN Marines,
A.K.A. "The Blind Sniper" (And) His_Dog_Spot.

people liking the new system is a definitive reason for me to quit. you people are insane :laugh:

It seems to me that many of the posts about this new system are about how to make game play like the old system. So what was the point of the change?

if this change was to remove any possible exploits and cheats?... well isn't going to work well because it will force legit ppl to leave.
Just saying....I'm nobody after all.

@MA: enjoy your broken platform without me! thank you I have other things to do and have fun and without spend tons of bucks too.

Voted no, because it is shit.

I suspect that the people who vote yes, have really only ever played Entropia. I've seen better cameras 15 years ago.

Love the game, hate the logic of the people behind it.

Adding a camera is simple, selecting the options is simple. Making a whole new control system around a new camera and forcing it upon the players is just retarded, especially when it wasn't really broken in the first place.

I'll admit the tracking is a little nicer and smoother, but at the expense of the nausea it causes....not a positive benefit.
That and I noticed the clip range is much further when going up into space.

All in all the actual camera functions once the keymap is changed is not much different than before. Many people I think didn't realize some of those "new" options already existed.

But that is it, the rest is shitty coding of shittier logic. More bugs exist today than pre VU. Which probably gets to me more than them having new ideas.

Mindark is very lucky that the player base is already vested. It is really the saving grace of this game.

People don't play because its the best game ever, they certainly don't play because of Mindarks awesome coding skillz and wicked ideas, they play because they have money in it they want out someday and have friends here.

Things like this make people accept loss and walk.
I have a lot vested in this game and the thought has crossed my mind several times a year (100% due to the shitty ideas/logic of MA), which should say a lot right there. If they keep up this kind of logic, I am not sure I can justify the frustration it causes to log in to play a game.

Imagine a team that could get us excited, and how much more they could make. If they only knew how much I would have put in more, by just doing their job and not getting some new shiny idea to play with.

Thankfully I could walk and still be millions of peds up. Most cant. But I certainly hope we don't get more "ideas" forced upon us like this again. I cannot reiterate enough in 30 years of making money gaming how shitty Mindark is.

Is verified with this new survey that the new camera control system is rejected by half of the players. But something rejected by half of players is not any beneficial option for the game. You can be an unconditional fanboy of the game, but little can you do to deny this simple truth...

Is verified with this new survey that the new camera control system is rejected by half of the players.

The answer can only be as good as the question. We had already established that "camera system" is a misnomer, MA themselves changed the wording to "camera and interaction system". If you would ask users for their opinion on the different parts of the new system, then you'd get a much more differentiated picture. It seems to me that the interaction part is the one that improved the most, it addressed old flaws and really makes the game much more fluid to play which is appreciated. On the camera alone people seem split, with many calls for doing more work on it. What is almost uniformly rejected at least among those who chose to react here is the overriding of everybody's custom settings and blatant push to re-educate or streamline everybody into patterns seen in other games. Asking these questions separately will reveal whether this impression is about right.

Half of the playerbase like the new camera system.

'To the future!'

I have to say for my style of hunting the new system works fine... voted yes

Camera system is great, it's faster than the flash! :cool:

Here it is in action, in flash speed. WARNING. Puking may be induced.

It even gave me a global after it.

Note: Nothing was changed in the video, this is all real gameplay no hacks involved. Just an overpowered camera system. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Is verified with this new survey that the new camera control system is rejected by half of the players. But something rejected by half of players is not any beneficial option for the game. You can be an unconditional fanboy of the game, but little can you do to deny this simple truth...

9 out of 10 poeple think mobbing is cool.

Sadly the vote does not say anything, like with every mayor thing the mayority of those that do not like the change simply leave. Most of them probably do not even have an account here.

Had no problem with the old system, but the new one simply looks ugly zoomed out and the camera gets displaced way too bad.
Had no lag or problems before, could be that some think its not laggy anymore because their hardware could not take it, but for me those 200 EUR for a decent card is way less than I spent for the game. And since nothing changed with the network connection, the only thing why some people think its faster and less laggy can be that they actually see less and their graphics card has less to show.

What really pisses me of is that they spent ressources on this change without thinking of the consequences...an update to the textures would have been nice, some graphics that really blow you away..
A lot of them still look like they were simply converted from VU8.0.
Some fices to bugs would have been nice, to take away annoyances like Perseus claiming to be near minimum condition when at 15%.
There are a gazillion things they could have done instead, which would have pissed of less people.
And I do not think this change will draw new players...why should it...this game needs a certain mindset to spent money on it and you do not get palyer whith that mindset with a new camera system.
You need player which do not care to spent a shitload of money on virtual things,just because they can and because the game itself lets them wind-off from real life.
And most of those, probably already have been here.
I could recommend EU to anyone I know, takes way to much dedication and money to "play" it.

I've only logged in for about 10 min since the Camera changes, the first thing I noticed is I can't swap from 1st person / 3rd person by using my mouse scroll wheel. Is there some way to re-enable this feature? If not, why not? I don't understand the logic when companies decide to give players less options on how to customize their personal gameplay.

I don't understand the logic when companies decide to give players less options on how to customize their personal gameplay.

Really, nobody understands it. The only explanation we have was given by Smilgs Niedra that calls this change as "messi version". There is a thread where he explains his hypothesis.

It seems to me that many of the posts about this new system are about how to make game play like the old system. So what was the point of the change?

Many problems with the game mechanics were fixed, this was the point. The attempt to streamline playstyle on the other hand was not welcome and therefore is pushed back against.

I've only logged in for about 10 min since the Camera changes, the first thing I noticed is I can't swap from 1st person / 3rd person by using my mouse scroll wheel. Is there some way to re-enable this feature? If not, why not? I don't understand the logic when companies decide to give players less options on how to customize their personal gameplay.

Options camera. There you can change it back

Reactions: ZPF
Many problems with the game mechanics were fixed, this was the point.

Can you explain in details what problems of the game were "fixed" with this 16VU version?

Because this seem to me like the new suit of emperor that nobody can see it... :scratch2:

Can you explain in details what problems of the game were "fixed" with this 16VU version?

Not the biggest issues but from the top of my head some that are fixed now;

- hitbox problems with mobs (for example Tide Claw)
- walking backwards when using next target

Is there some way to re-enable this feature? If not, why not?

Option one, read the release notes
Option two, use the setting in options that re-enables this

Back