Suggestion: Bring back health bars

Bring b

• Yay

Votes: 103 73.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 38 27.0%

• Total voters
I have no opinion on the poll but it may be helpful to remember what was officially said: "This feature caused many unintended issues and problems" and "It did create certain behaviors and other issues that are not working as intended".

I don't recall any more detail given on what these issues and unwanted behaviours actually were. This would be good to know for forming an educated opinion. At the moment it looks like they consider it a done deal and aren't inclined to budge, even if further input could help to address those specific problems. If it turns out it can't, it would help players see what you've done there and why.

I don't recall any more detail given on what these issues and unwanted behaviours actually were.

Only problem i know of was losing focus. So you needed to do an extra click to get that focus back. But nothing mayor in my opinion.

I didn't really use these personally and even though I know some players used them regularly they did feel pretty unmodern, also, the title I think is a bit misleading since health bars are around, just the health bars you can drag off of creatures/vehicles/players is retired.

I think their goal with the new camera system is to streamline and modernize to get as many people on the same/similar page as possible so they can have an easier time going forward with their designs as well as make the game feel better for new arrivals. I did experience some bugs and know of some exploits that were caused the existence of these draggable health bars, so even though I can understand why some people might want them back I also understand the reasons why they were taken out.

These are the reasons why I voted No.

I didn't really use these personally and even though I know some players used them regularly they did feel pretty unmodern, also, the title I think is a bit misleading since health bars are around, just the health bars you can drag off of creatures/vehicles/players is retired.

Ok, valid points. But removing a feature because you can't fix it properly is lazy and only highlights your incompetence. If it was something barely anyone used I would be ok (even if I used it myself), but draggable health bars were used by a lot of players for a lot of things (useful things that make your life easier). Just my opinion.

I think their goal with the new camera system is to streamline and modernize to get as many people on the same/similar page as possible so they can have an easier time going forward with their designs as well as make the game feel better for new arrivals. I did experience some bugs and know of some exploits that were caused the existence of these draggable health bars, so even though I can understand why some people might want them back I also understand the reasons why they were taken out.

Ok, but this is stepping in dangerous grounds. Even more dangerous when you have the kind of playerbase we have (mid to old age mostly, I think. Youngsters have no money hehehe).

We will see, I would keep an eye on overall activity if I was them. I have barely played, it's just not enjoyable anymore.

Thanks, like I said they are valid points.

...But removing a feature because you can't fix it properly is lazy and only highlights your incompetence. ....but draggable health bars were used by a lot of players for a lot of things (useful things that make your life easier).

Ok, but this is stepping in dangerous grounds. Even more dangerous when you have the kind of playerbase we have (mid to old age mostly, I think. Youngsters have no money hehehe).

Yes, a true that many people want not to see and close their eyes to not see it.

The problem is you have players that say adapt and play without the hp bar, than another camp of players can not play without a hp bar.

Sooooooo, make it optional in certain situations? Like dissable in pvp.....and in other circumstances have the option to drag it like before.\

Is it that difficult?

I really dislike people putting other people down cause of different views. Think in solutions!

And yes I need that freaking hp bar back! :rolleyes:

(1) To find someone promptly at a crowded TP for an already negotiated trade (this is a HUGE convenience issue and game breaking for some of us)
(2) To quickly and diplomatically identify the green dot whose hunt radius has intersected your own, so that you know what behavior to expect and what (if any) action you may need to take to ensure harmonious hunting (the new system is AWKWARD :eyecrazy:)
(3) To heal without being in a team (no, loot 2.0 is NOT an adequate solution for all or even a majority of hunt teams).
Thank you.

[for completeness]: I am talking about dragging health bars from the Nearby function of the Friends List, however, outside of pvp I see no convincing reason not to restore all previously existing health bar functionality. This just isn't how you curtail botting, folks. One, it doesn't work; two, it damages quality of entertainment provided as gameplay for legitimate players.

Can we get some feedback from the devs? Yay or Nay?

I want the helth bars back so i know when and how much i need to heal and how much helth i have before i need to heal..:wise:

I want the helth bars back so i know when and how much i need to heal and how much helth i have before i need to heal..:wise:

Every mob or avatar has its own hp bar on top of its head.
You don't need a hp bar on your screen to see if hp is missing :wise::wise::wise::wise::wise::wise:

The problem is you have players that say adapt and play without the hp bar, than another camp of players can not play without a hp bar.

Sooooooo, make it optional in certain situations? Like dissable in pvp.....and in other circumstances have the option to drag it like before.\

Is it that difficult?

No, it is not. At least not for the vast majority of software programmers. However for MA programmers, who knows..

For me that was one of the strongest features in EU, when I had to decide to involve and play in this game.
Healthbar it is a major issue for me. Camera f@#d up is the second one. And both are enough reasons to stop involving in this game.
Whatever I do in the future (staying or leaving), I feel the need to support this thread with my vote.

So I vote YES!

PS. Why I was certain we will reach this point from sometime now? hmmmm

I've played maybe 3 hours in the last 10 days.

Please do something...

I always used health bars as a way to organize which mobs I wanted to go after and the order I wanted to go after them.

Additionally, it was useful in being able to locate the mob you were attacking when you die within range of a revival terminal (IE steampunks on rocktropia) or need to move away after being swarmed and want to tag the mob you were shooting out of the pack from a distance.

I see no reason not to give players the ability to drag out HP bars as an advanced function if they want to suit their play style. If you don't want to add this back in at least give players an alternative for this sort of functionality.

It's one thing to want to streamline the game and make it more accessible to new players, however you want to avoid the trend of "dumbing down" everything by removing all advanced play mechanics forcing more advanced gamers to use a nerfed control system.

I do like the trend I'm seeing to add more toggles in the options to tweak the control system and I feel dragable hp bars is something that should be an option (IN NON PVP AREAS OR FOR MOBS ONLY).

HP bars on players in PVP is a BS cheat mechanic for tracking players.

HP bar will bring autohunting or aim bots again. new camera system just perfect, everything work smoothly. took me 30min to adapt. well done MA :)

HP bar will bring autohunting or aim bots again. new camera system just perfect, everything work smoothly. took me 30min to adapt. well done MA :)

You clearly have no idea how those things worked before. It's easier than ever to autohunt and there is no aiming required since all hunting has been distilled down to only having to press one key "F" ONCE to hunt and loot now. It's a LOT more effective than using the old "Next Target" and "Auto Use" button and the range for locking is huge now too.

Walk into a LA...
10: Press F...
20: Have chat logger track your hp loss..
30: If HP loss > X press fap hotkey...
40: wait X second (until healed)...
50: press gun hotkey...
60: if no damage message in chatlog for X seconds GOTO 10...

of course there are fine tunings that can be added to make this perfect but you get the idea. HP really have minimal to do with autohunting. And their involvement in auto aiming is no different the the current target locking system. In fact HP bars were less accurate and we didn't have nearly as good autofiring on moving targets.

Its so muvh harder to find people since health bars have gone :( let alone trying to heal people...

Shame the poll wasn't public, I'm wondering who the 27 names who dont want them back are. :yup:

I thought about it, but if someone changes his vote just because it's public then the poll is meaningless.

That said, it's one of those things that has no drawbacks if you don't like (just ignore them) but it's an absolute life saver if you really need.

I've played maybe 3 hours in the last 10 days.

Please do something...

I have played less, and HP bars are not the main reason for that.

Well the poll say it all, 75% want it back.

MA is in charge now.

A recent staff meeting 'somewhere'.

No Gold Cards
No Healthbars
No Society Terminals

It's got what Entropia players crave! :hammer:

yes and no

I vote NO for pvp

for pvp is is retarded using the dragging of healthbars. You can just drag every enemy to your screen, and you'll see their health pop up when they tp in again. So much for sniping and surprise attacks!

I vote YES for fapping
Perhaps this can easily be solved by adding the fapper to your team. Allow healthbars within team only!

Just like 'Nearby' is disabled in PvP, so could be healthbars. I don't see the complication here.

I voted Yay to bring them back.

While some people may rarely use them, many do use them regularly especially for healing out of team. I sometimes heal sweat circles and it can be VERY difficult to get a heal to someone in time when I'm having to move my cursor from head to head of 20+ sweaters.

I also agree with others though that it should not be doable in PvP for very obvious reasons.

Either way bring those HP bars back. The PCF community has spoken.

I wonder what type of person answered no to health bars... the new joiners?

I wonder what type of person answered no to health bars... the new joiners?

I am one.I am a gamer and dragging health bars onto my screen is completely useless and never been used.

Nah

Okay, since VU 16 it was a headache at first then I started to get comfortable with it. You don't need health bar dragging for your team mates for healing. If you are using a FAP or Regen Chip, you can quickly heal team mates as long you are in a team.

Just toggle between the mouse mode when selecting your teammates HP while hunting or what ever. This Decay + Tip, B.S. is going to get old. Group the hell up and get your fair share in Decay from loot 2.0 if you don't like it oh well there are other healers that could be tip'd for their effort.

Change sucks, we don't like it, but we're humans and w/e else. So just adapt to the situation and make the most of it! Do you whine in other games about their HUDs and setting or adapt and modify? Also you don't have to play with the "F" key.

Times are changing, let us grow stronger from them through better or worst,
Expedition Leader, Skilling Is Beautiful
Alexander David Blood

*update*
We changed chocolate to dirt...
*player base*
This chocolate is good once you get used to the grit...
Or
Never had chocolate, so others opinions are irrelevant (even if if was their favourite flavour)...
Or
What happened to my favourite chocolate bar?...

Which camp are you in?

Back