Suggestion: Remove maximum limit

ProActive Mango

Stalker
Remove maximum limit on what a mob/claim or craft can be.

why cant an atrox young ath or mining unamped ath?

Why do we have these limits in the first place?

did you think about this one second, before you wrote it? :scratch2:

what's so hard to understand about multipliers?

hes right though. it would be easy to implement as thats how it has been before 2013...

No, it was always multipliers.

Bigger risk, bigger potential reward. It's how it should be.

Everyone talks about multipliers. Has it been officially stated anywhere?

It all changed because people used to complain continuously on these forums that the game was "too expensive" and "loot sucks" etc. So they rebalanced the system making it much less volatile without changing the total amount paid out. This resulted in much more reliable returns, but also smaller HoFs.

so how has there been ATHs unamped before 2013?

Which ATH are you referring to? I mean besides a couple that were clearly for promotional purposes.

Back years ago a 1 ped unamped drop was limited to about 12 or 13k outdoors.

Which ATH are you referring to? I mean besides a couple that were clearly for promotional purposes.

Back years ago a 1 ped unamped drop was limited to about 12 or 13k outdoors.

"clearly for promotional purposes" sounds an aweful lot like an opinion rather than empirical data. and even if it would have been 13k limit for unamped thats still 3 to 4 times as high as its nowadays

"clearly for promotional purposes" sounds an aweful lot like an opinion rather than empirical data. and even if it would have been 13k limit for unamped thats still 3 to 4 times as high as its nowadays

There was one incident I can remember many years ago where there was some film crew visiting or something at the time and one player got a very unusual mining hof. It was pretty blatant.

And yes the max multiplier is either lower now or much more rare. MA did this to decrease volatility.

Caption Jack made a good point.

I too recall the constant complaining about noobs, any avatar for that mater getting uber HOF's from low lvl mob. Many here campaigned for MA to change from fewer xx,xxx hof's to more x,xxx hofs so more ppl could have better returns. One 100K HOF or ten 10K HOF's, that's what ppl wanted to see. Therefor, MA did the rebalance of loot, spreading out the total loot pool to smaller, but more frequent HOF's

There was one incident I can remember many years ago where there was some film crew visiting or something at the time and one player got a very unusual mining hof. It was pretty blatant.

Yeah, Leelo, still in top of mining ATH's

it's already pretty bad when you put in 10k TT and then you lose 2kTT because bad returns and only get a 50-800 PED global "to make up" for that bad run and you want to make that even worse? you gotta be kidding...

Well this is the grinding era. The fun part is gone... We get constant to almost fixed TT return back. You can expect to get few hits with a lvl13 now days. Before, your heart would pump when you click a lvl13 as it could bring you a tower. Now you can forget.

The good side as told is that you can or will get a steady return. Think MA should rebalance to something between the old time and this current system. A noob should feel lucky. Atm they are capped to a 1k or so kerb young :D
Or around 1k unamped mining. This can double or tripple for the sake of thrill :yay:

Atm they are capped to a 1k or so kerb young

Or around 1k unamped mining. This can double or tripple for the sake of thrill :yay:

i'm very confident the current cap for unamped is:
outdoor - ore - ~3k
outdoor - enmatter - ~1,5k
indoor - ore - ~15k
indoor - enmatter - ~7,5k

i'm very confident the current cap for unamped is:
outdoor - ore - ~3k
outdoor - enmatter - ~1,5k
indoor - ore - ~15k
indoor - enmatter - ~7,5k

Ok, possibly. But you don't see that daily or weekly as we used to before ...

Ok, possibly. But you don't see that daily or weekly as we used to before ...

yeah, you don't, even though the losses may be so big that you need it weekly/monthly.....

the hofs i do need atm for 95% return:
crafting - ~2,2k
mining - ~5,5k
hunting - ~1,4k

having bad returns to allow for big hofs, doesn't mean they do actually happen....

Last edited:

For the same reason that an ATH can not pay a million dollars. The prizes are proportional and based on the expenses and the level of competition. It's as simple as that.

Because Loot 2.0

The Daiki yong and Combibo young HoFs hit by the sweaters (~5k PED) are gone a long time now.

It happened fairly often when I was new to the game, well never to me, but it happened!

Removing this, took a lot motivation from me, it was the time when I reduced my deposits from 100€ a weekend to 20€ a month.

Obviously MA dont care although their income crashed in that year, and many old players left the game for good.

Because Loot 2.0

The Daiki yong and Combibo young HoFs hit by the sweaters (~5k PED) are gone a long time now.

It happened fairly often when I was new to the game, well never to me, but it happened!

Removing this, took a lot motivation from me, it was the time when I reduced my deposits from 100€ a weekend to 20€ a month.

Obviously MA dont care although their income crashed in that year, and many old players left the game for good.

funny, i stopped depoing because of the changes during loot 2.0, but because returns are generally too bad.
It seems part of the community is not depoing anymore/quitting, because returns are too bad for too long too often and another part is not depoing anymore/quitting, because they don't get big hits.

So how about some drastic changes and settling for a middle ground?
Set the base return without multipliers to 92% (up from current ~80%) and strip all multis that are smaller than times 100 while adding a times 10000? either you global big or you don't global at all, but you get rather high return either way.

1 PED set for theorycrafting.
with 92% base-return
when multis happen in average:
times 100 multi every 6.666,67 clicks/kills (93,5% return overall)
times 250 multi every 33.333,33 clicks/kills (94,25% return overall)
times 500 multi every 111.111,11 clicks/kills (94,7% return overall)
times 1000 multi every 500.000 clicks/kills (94,9% return overall)
times 10000 mult every 10.000.000 clicks/kills (95% return overall)

what do you think, good compromise?

Last edited:
Well Jack said it how it is.

We asked for it!
We wanted to split up this really high HoFs into more small globals, and exactly that is what we got.

When MA did that, people still complained and MA flatend loot even more.

Back that days I was one of them who asked to make less HUGE globals and more smaller globals, I thought it would be right and make more people happy, but I was wrong!

Today I see it different, as I have experienced both systems.

The old system with much bigger loot swings (higher volatility) was much more fun, although it could become very costly if you have had a bad streak.

Today you can fairly much calculate your returns.
Its somewhere 80%-120% but no longer this big hits that can recover a years hunting loss!

If things go bad for a while with constantly 80% returns, you will reach the point where it becomes impossible to get back to expected 90% returns or break even, simply because max loots are a lot lower than it was in the past.

Thats the reality of this flattened loots and less volatility.

Todays globals and HoFs have no meaning, if you dont hit them you have 80% return, or hit them and have 95% return. Doesn´t matter, you are still in loss the long run :D
Yeah occationally you may have a profit vs TT, which is gone within your next 2-3 hunts.

Knowing all this the only way to survive is going for MU.

If you know where to find that you may survive, if not you are doomed!

Chasing the HoFs and ATHs like in old days is guranteed loss the long run these days.

Well it very likely was a loss in the old days too, but it was more fun :D

The old system with much bigger loot swings (higher volatility) was much more fun, although it could become very costly if you have had a bad streak.

Today you can fairly much calculate your returns.
Its somewhere 80%-120% but no longer this big hits that can recover a years hunting loss!

there was one more system in between, which had even lower volatility than today's system , where something like 80% return was pretty much impossible to get, at least i didn't had such runs in about 2-3 years before loot 2.0. Big hofs did still exist, like my 4.6k unamped melchi tower, but those weren't necessary for decent return (92+%).
now there's neither good return nor big hits, totally fucked up.

Last edited:
It all changed because people used to complain continuously on these forums that the game was "too expensive" and "loot sucks" etc. So they rebalanced the system making it much less volatile without changing the total amount paid out. This resulted in much more reliable returns, but also smaller HoFs.

I remember in my early days someone getting two 7k hofs on stero jackers in row and some miner hitting it big on a argonaut. Pcf was going crazy about this low level mobs hitting big. What ever MA does players will always moan about returns. I have nothing to complain about returns, but have plenty else to moan about. ;)

This thread is pretty funny now. ?

Done, check the score board noobs

Guess they listened... check mining ATHs. :laugh:

Back