Dear Mr. Balancing Manager

Xen

Mutated
Society
AO
Xendar Xen Xal
Maybe we can have a thread that is for pointing out things that are severely unbalanced in game, where the drop rate of an item is either way too low or too high.

I'll start.

Some tier components are far too rare. I currently cannot tier my weapon even if I wanted to pay 500%, which if I did would put the cost of *just the tier components* at about 6000 ped. :umn:

Try looting cultist claws or yog eyeballs, its' gonna take me years to collect enough to click the blueprints I have.

Some tier components are far too rare.
Maybe this is because it rarely pays off putting them in auction cause the need is too rare..
What about asking for them here at PCF?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, rarity in loot help keep this game going.

Hunters need incentive to hunt, which is MU. If there isn't enough MU to make it worth hunters' time to hunt, then most will not bother to hunt, and MA doesn't get paid.

Plus, buyers also set the price of MU for items after all. So if the mats aren't selling, the price should go down. So there's either demand, or if you are a conspiracy theorist, you can say someone is manipulating the market. Either way, the market will support what price level it can support.

Just because an item tick x.9 it doesn't automatically you must tier it.
Universe is big enough for you to find any tier ingredient, you just have to search for it and grind for it.
Not all items have to reach 101% just because people are lazy to hunt for what they want.
I've collected enough materials from tier1 to tier9 and I never had a problem with anything so far, all can be found some faster some harder.
Competition makes the difference when you want something.
In the end winners end up with tier 10, casuals tier 2.Nothing wrong with any of them, natural selection.

Unfortunately, rarity in loot help keep this game going.

Hunters need incentive to hunt, which is MU. If there isn't enough MU to make it worth hunters' time to hunt, then most will not bother to hunt, and MA doesn't get paid.

Plus, buyers also set the price of MU for items after all. So if the mats aren't selling, the price should go down. So there's either demand, or if you are a conspiracy theorist, you can say someone is manipulating the market. Either way, the market will support what price level it can support.

you are forgeting the main driver of pricing on the AH - its the greed. and i don't know if there is another deadly sin word for wanting to get the price you paid for an item or stack. to me there is no honor in reselling stuff just because a reseller thinks it should have a higher value but the AH is rife with reselling.

so somehow the MU goes up on items way faster than it ever comes down. and with animal oils the demand is obviously gone up but the price remains near tt for almost all oils less spleen, brain and heart.

the case for tiering MU craziness includes the FEN tiering panic which is nearing an end and it'll be some time before those prices return to normal.

Dear Mr. Balancing Manager...

When are you coming back from vacation???

As far i know balance team get fired and replaced with trained monkeys!

What gave you the impression they were trained?

Back