16.0.2 what next ? (Feedback)

~ Cirrus ~

Prowler
As I said, last patch mades things alot better.
I think system can be now alot better than it was before, but there is still alot to do.

Here's a small list of things that I (and alot of people) think should be fixed, adjusted, added.
It's mostly about HUNT on planets.

I know there is some things to fix that are specific to Space, but I didn't try it myself yet, so can't tell about that.

I probably forgot some and missed some others.
It's approximately in order of importance.

- "Queue action" don't works whith LMB and "Use tool" key. (it works only whith keys that are assigned to a specific weapon/tool)

- "Auto use" stop if moving while avatar is trying to reach interaction range.

- "Interact" is used to loot a mob instead of switching to next mob when an auto-loot buff is on.

This is very annoying for fast hunt, grinding.
It force us to wait about 0.5/1 second after each kill, to be sure that the loot action is done, before we can switch to next mob.
If we don't do this, then we need to click 2 times "interact" in order to switch on next mob (1 loot, 1 next target), then auto-loot buff is almost useless.

I think a great solution for this would be to make sure that an "activated auto-loot buff" disables the "loot creature" function of the interact key.

If it's difficult to do this way, then I guess we need separate keys for "loot creature" and "next target".

- We need a key for "auto-use" that we don't need to hold.

I don't talk about 'interact" here, but "use tool".
We need sometimes an "auto-use" while there is nothing to select (mob or else).

Hold RMB to pick up a vehicle.. I have enough keys on my keyboard, but why not.. :rolleyes:
Hold for.. else.. why not.

But hold for auto-use, NO. :wise:

- When hunting fast, it often happens that the first shot on mobs does not work.

The avatar rotate, shoot (animation/sound/reload), but no damage dealt, no ammo consumption, etc..

When I say "often", I made a test and it happens about 40/50 times out of 300 mobs killed on a dense spawn.

I thought first it was linked to rotation angle (the wider the angle, the more chances that happens).
But finally I don't think it is.
It happens also on very small angles.

PLEASE, don't decrease the rotation speed to repair this.
It's great that we finally have fast rotation speed. :)

- Camera.

I guess you've read some post, seen some picture like this one that don't need any comment..
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=313790

The camera/point of view was better how it was before, for the simple reason that each person could choose to put it exactly where they wanted it to be.

Please add a free camera/point of view.

Same for movement of camera.
You added an option to set speed of movement, it's just a little bit better now.
But the problem is more about frequency than speed.

Please add a fixed camera.

I think people that want an "immersive" experience are playing in 1st person view anyway.
Why not add an option for them whith a new point of view "through the helmet" ?.. :)

By the way, it would be nice to increase again the maximum zoom-out that is needed in many situations.

- Map size.

It's nice to have made the system memorizes the size of the map we're using.
Now make sure it's differentiated for Map, Teleporter, TP chip, etc..

- Double click for default action is nice too.

But when people click a weapon or a tool in inventory, I don't think they are doing it with the idea of equipping it.
Most people, and maybe all of them, are using shortcut for this.

Maybe I'm wrong.. People will tell here.

- Auto-run sometimes don't stop when we click a TP or a Terminal "on the fly".

:tiphat:

Last edited:
- option for the Lock to stay on corpses until they are looted;
- option for the Camera Freelook action (middle mouse button) to not snap back and to reset camera on click as it used to be;
- bindable action for picking up vehicles;

Option for double click for items info I would move higher in priorities. Already have ruined full tt masks because of this.

- option for the Lock to stay on corpses until they are looted;
- option for the Camera Freelook action (middle mouse button) to not snap back and to reset camera on click as it used to be;
- bindable action for picking up vehicles;

Option for double click for items info I would move higher in priorities. Already have ruined full tt masks because of this.

The first part about locking until looted. Now sure what you mean. I do F wait for the kill and then F again to loot. Never had a problem unless I reading you wrong.

I like the pick-up vehicles idea. I have got kind of used to the hold the F key but your idea is much better. An F key for vehicles hit the key and you run over and pick up the nearest vehicle.

The first part about locking until looted. Now sure what you mean. I do F wait for the kill and then F again to loot. Never had a problem unless I reading you wrong.

Only if you keep the cursor on the corpse, which is not convenient and sometimes not even possible if you are swarmed. Then if you die you leave behind a pile of unlooted corpses.

edit: if you play in Aim mode maybe you don't have a problem. But in cursor mode it's a problem.

- option for the Lock to stay on corpses until they are looted

I think they "fixed" that whith last patch by making the "loot" action a priority over the "next target" action.

Maybe it's still not perfect..? I'm not sure about that.

- option for the Camera Freelook action (middle mouse button) to not snap back and to reset camera on click as it used to be

For sure this goes whith camera/point of view part, I guess they know what people want, FREE camera and FIXED camera mostly.

- bindable action for picking up vehicles

I think every "hold key" is useless and bindable.
But I didn't want to seem too demanding for the first batch.. :D

Last edited:
Only if you keep the cursor on the corpse, which is not convenient and sometimes not even possible if you are swarmed. Then if you die you leave behind a pile of unlooted corpses.

edit: if you play in Aim mode maybe you don't have a problem. But in cursor mode it's a problem.

Ah right, you play in cursor mode.
Then I can't tell.. :ahh:

I do play in aim mode but once in a while I am in cursor mode and the F still works well. F key is fairly strong working as in if two mobs are dead and not looted a lot of times it will get them both at one time and even when I turn away it still gets ones almost behind me. Its like a mini loot pill but you have to push it :)

I am curious, why do you hunt in cursor mode. No biggie but I know you and if its better maybe I should switch :)

I am curious, why do you hunt in cursor mode. No biggie but I know you and if its better maybe I should switch :)

I don't play shooters, always preferred strategies, so I perceive my avatar as a unit on the map :). Also if you have more than one conversation going, you have to constantly switch back to cursor mode to choose which window you want to write to (and my screen is usually filled with chats :D).

Anyway, I wouldn't dare to post a suggestion if I didn't know I'm not the only one who craves it.

I do play in aim mode but once in a while I am in cursor mode and the F still works well. F key is fairly strong working as in if two mobs are dead and not looted a lot of times it will get them both at one time and even when I turn away it still gets ones almost behind me. Its like a mini loot pill but you have to push it :)

Looting with F in aim mode works great on most spawns but not all. I sometimes like to stand in the middle of punies very dense spawn and in this setup F doesn't work. It's because if spawn is very dense, there is always some mob directly at your aim marker and if that happens attacking aimed mob is higher priority than looting already dead mob - it's a problem only in very dense spawns only. I realize most ppl won't have that problem but still wish they could improve it - I would prefer default action to be loot in dead create proximity even if I have other mob at my aim marker.

I would read the title more literally and ask : what's next ?

When is the nextVU ? What is planned ?

Probably the most step backing thing in this VU is that I realized we had no proper update for years, and it feels very frustrating.

We should get real updates on a regular basis, and faster than once every 4 years.

MA, when is the next VU ? What's the plan ?

Give us a deadline, make it within the due date. Give us desire to deposit.

Make us dream !

For sure this goes whith camera/point of view part, I guess they know what people want, FREE camera and FIXED camera mostly.

Yes!
Camera has to stay fixed during auction interaction and fixed camera during makeup session.

Looting with F in aim mode works great on most spawns but not all. I sometimes like to stand in the middle of punies very dense spawn and in this setup F doesn't work. It's because if spawn is very dense, there is always some mob directly at your aim marker and if that happens attacking aimed mob is higher priority than looting already dead mob - it's a problem only in very dense spawns only. I realize most ppl won't have that problem but still wish they could improve it - I would prefer default action to be loot in dead create proximity even if I have other mob at my aim marker.
Interesting, I have has the F key loot two dead mobs at a time but that is after I have stop shooting and collecting the dead and F key did as you said but I have not tried it on more than 2 if you have several dead try it to see how many it will loot,

Interesting, I have has the F key loot two dead mobs at a time but that is after I have stop shooting and collecting the dead and F key did as you said but I have not tried it on more than 2 if you have several dead try it to see how many it will loot,

It won't loot any mob if your aim marker is constantly on some live mob due to spawn density. That's the problem I have. Looting has only priority when your aim marker doesn't point at live mob. So if you hunt with ranged gun single shooting mobs while standing in the middle of very dense spawn then you will see that issue. And i'm not talking about density similar to punies around Camp Icarus, very dense for me is when mobs create huge red blob on your radar like pleaks on cyrene. These 10hp mobs have stamina point mission but you have to grind through 200k+ mobs to get it. Very easy with single shooting or explosives but not with current looting mechanism when you have to manually point each corpse to loot it. I understand there is not many spawns you can stand in the middle of super dense spawn and get away with it so it's not a problem for 99.9% hunters. But still annoying to me at the moment - in that setup I preferred separate loot action.

Hi!

We will most likely release 16.0.3 this week. After what we have seen and the feedback we have gotten, we will separate Aim mode and Cursor mode a little bit more where Aim mode is for more direct action while Cursor mode will be a more free looking/overview mode. We have change quite a bit where if you rotate the camera with left mouse button in Cursor mode, the camera will not rotate with the avatar when locking on to targets. In Cursor mode, interacting will be on single left mouse button click and context menu will once again be on right mouse button click.

Full details will be in the patch notes. Please keep the feedback coming!

Back