Server Downtime for Patch

some items can't be traded ! dont forget about it

I hope this patches fixes the UL amps continue to function even at 0.00 TT bug... Otherwise I'm due for a break.

I will predict a checkbox to "disable camera snap to target" , since it is what has broken the game for no less than half of the player base.

Like I said in in this post.

"We will most likely release 16.0.3 this week. After what we have seen and the feedback we have gotten, we will separate Aim mode and Cursor mode a little bit more where Aim mode is for more direct action while Cursor mode will be a more free looking/overview mode. We have change quite a bit where if you rotate the camera with left mouse button in Cursor mode, the camera will not rotate with the avatar when locking on to targets. In Cursor mode, interacting will be on single left mouse button click and context menu will once again be on right mouse button click."

Full details will be in the patch notes.

"We will most likely release 16.0.3 this week. After what we have seen and the feedback we have gotten, we will separate Aim mode and Cursor mode a little bit more where Aim mode is for more direct action while Cursor mode will be a more free looking/overview mode. We have change quite a bit where if you rotate the camera with left mouse button in Cursor mode, the camera will not rotate with the avatar when locking on to targets. In Cursor mode, interacting will be on single left mouse button click and context menu will once again be on right mouse button click."

Sounds a bit over complicated to me , reinventing the wheel.

I guess as long as the camera doesn't "snap to target" and follow every move of the mob , its a win.

Thank you for listening

I wish you hadn't messed with the control system. :tongue2:

Some would lose their face, if they'd just say "We mostly revert it to pre-VU16".

MA does not listen beforehand to what we say or ask for.
But they get all ears when we vote with our money.

too many ppl spent too few money since VU16.
Money talks. maybe we should remember this...

Camera Free Look option is a great start...
How is this going to fix swimming?

Turn Left and Turn Right need to work in Cursor mode.
I need my toon to turn left and right, not the camera eh??
Walk backwards and strafe were fixed during auto shoot! Good Job!

Also when in auto shoot mode I need to turn left and turn right.
They don't work at all in auto shoot.

Set Me Free!!!

Why does any mouse camera movement deactivate auto shoot??

What happened to the auto buffer in manual shooting??
I understand you don't want PvP to be automated and that's a good thing.
But why punish the manual PvE shooters with no auto buffer?

Grudge

1) Will there be an option for 'Never lock view with mouse movement' I am getting really fed up with that - unless I am missing an option somewhere?

2) It took me 15 minutes to work out how to leave my vehicle, can we have a 'leave vehicle' button again, please.

3) Also, picking up a vehicle is a major pain in the ass, does the new option stop this idiocy?

Rgds

Ace

2) It took me 15 minutes to work out how to leave my vehicle, can we have a 'leave vehicle' button again, please.

The exit vehicle action has remained the same. I set it on the 'End' key.

What I regret is no longer being able to pick up the vehicle when exiting in mid-air, used to be the way I liked landing on a planet.

The exit vehicle action has remained the same. I set it on the 'End' key.

What I regret is no longer being able to pick up the vehicle when exiting in mid-air, used to be the way I liked landing on a planet.

Yes :) Back when the arrival spawn point on Calypso was over the pier with the TP so you could bail out, pick up the quad in mid air, (or not :)) and land in the water in which case, you did not die. That used to be a fun way of arriving :)

You can land on top of a service center, and your ride gets pocketed automatically. :)

One Thing Will Solve Most Problem / Bug "Roll Back" The Release Before 16.0.0 :laugh:

If They Roll Of Course Otherwise More Bug Soon, Unbelievable :yay:

3) Also, picking up a vehicle is a major pain in the ass, does the new option stop this idiocy?

Rgds

Ace

A bit annoying to RMB and then be forced to let button go before click LMB to Pick up.
If we only could RMB, drag cursor to Pick up and then let go of button and action is done.

Ive adapted and dont mind. As long as I can function. Lots of items cannot be traded or sold and the prompting message calls the items containers. Including UL armors, which I could not loan to a friend for an event.( Even with plates and enhancers removed.) Anoying each time the system blocks me from entering space when leaving a planet atmosphere. The system tells me I cant enter space because I must have empty vehicle inventory. Each time I must decent a bit, open inventory, to show system its empty, then acend again. That works each time, but shouldnt have to be so.

Please be carefull with our platform. Dont break it. We live it inside, not you. :wise:

Last edited:
Just a bit of a patch nudge.....

I loved the way you had the system before last patch..I loved the right click everything and not a "F" key to do most every action along with it. was perfect in my opinion.

I have no clue the benefit of that change but please patch it back..was soooooooooooo sweet. :wtg:

Just a bit of a patch nudge.....

I loved the way you had the system before last patch..I loved the right click everything and not a "F" key to do most every action along with it. was perfect in my opinion.

I have no clue the benefit of that change but please patch it back..was soooooooooooo sweet. :wtg:

Totally agreed :)

Motion Sickness

I'm late to be contributing here, but just want to express my concern. I'm afraid I will not be able play much anymore. Doing anything more than standing around at terminals or... is all I can do anymore. I get so dizzy and sick I have to sign-off. I'm extremely sad...

I'm late to be contributing here, but just want to express my concern. I'm afraid I will not be able play much anymore. Doing anything more than standing around at terminals or... is all I can do anymore. I get so dizzy and sick I have to sign-off. I'm extremely sad...

Sorry to hear that, welcome to the club I guess...

I'm not playing much either, in part because of this.

Just re-emphasizing this one.

bursts of motion sickness that force me to take breaks & also the occasional headache behind the eyes after long sessions.

Not good and personally attributing this to the strictly fixed lock between weapon & target that sends ones view into up or down spin the closer the mob comes.

Especially the last few meters until the mob catches up with you amplify this effect.

Fixing this would probably f*ck with the very basics of what they've implemented.

Still hoping there's a better way.

Oh and gimme back right mouse click to start auto shootin & lootin...That was, afaik, the only improvement worth calling that in my game play.

Oh and another thing...give back zoom in/out on swirl...Geez, did you even realise you removed that one? The intermittent reward animation people are so desperately waiting for? Removed that? Really?

Back to the drawing board pls

bursts of motion sickness that force me to take breaks & also the occasional headache behind the eyes after long sessions.

Not good and personally attributing this to the strictly fixed lock between weapon & target that sends ones view into up or down spin the closer the mob comes.

Especially the last few meters until the mob catches up with you amplify this effect.

Fixing this would probably f*ck with the very basics of what they've implemented.

Oh and gimme back right mouse click to start auto shootin & lootin...That was, afaik, the only improvement worth calling that in my game play.

Oh and another thing...give back zoom in/out on swirl...Geez, did you even realise you removed that one? The intermittent reward animation people are so desperately waiting for? Removed that? Really?

I dont have any motion sickness but the up/down part of snapping to target deffinitly need removed or something. On any kind of slope its way off from how you would like to be looking

Make a switch to select betewen old style pre VU 16 Keyboard/Mouse control/camera system and new after VU16 Console/VR style control/camera system to please all of your customers.

Then you can start to mess around with buttons camera etc. as you want, because we can use the system we used to use the last 5+ years and you can enjoy spending the money we deposit for your fancy new, creating motion sickness, unusable camera system for your fan boys, same as you did with deeptoken or compet f.x.

Im having a bit of an issue with the latest patch meaning left click interacts. I use left click to spin my camera, which i do alot. Now that left click is interact too - I always end up interacting with things I didn't intend to. I am happy with f to interact and right click for more options. Is there a way for me to take interact off the left click?

What a complete mess. This system is way too confusing, and you can't even seem to explain it without my head hurting due to the wall of text I have to de-cypher.

How many other changes are expected? and when with this VU finally be stable?

How many new key mappings and button changes am I to expect?

And out of all of this why cant we revert to the old options while you beta test your new junk system? It makes no sense at all, and frankly there is only about 5% of the player base that I have talked to that would not go back. The rest are pretty irate and the engagement is slowing noticeably as time passes.

So before it gets too bad, please revert to the old system, sales and turnover are falling!

I'm just completely mind boggled at what they have done now.
Why the hell cant we use right mouse button the same as before??

Was on earlier, had a target locked (by mistake), and for the love of god, could I deselect it??
No of course I could not, I had to side step away always facing the damn thing till it vanished. Fecking useless.

What the hell have you done with the controls MA?

I should be shooting mobs I want to shoot, not having a damn battle with this idiotic control system you brought in this week.

Last edited:

If you click the left mouse button and keep it clicked , the camera is not fixed anymore and the the annoying wobbling is gone.
just a work around, but one one can at least live with (and not start puking after two beers).

and even though the swirly centering is gone in one instance it was nice to see myself from the front.
In another though, I did not notice it at all because it was off screen.

Back