Server Downtime for Patch

Just re-emphasizing this one.

bursts of motion sickness that force me to take breaks & also the occasional headache behind the eyes after long sessions.

Not good and personally attributing this to the strictly fixed lock between weapon & target that sends ones view into up or down spin the closer the mob comes.

Especially the last few meters until the mob catches up with you amplify this effect.

Fixing this would probably f*ck with the very basics of what they've implemented.

Still hoping there's a better way.
:wise: That. The options slider to slow down horizontal camera pan when my mob moves is nice, but at least for me and my decade of play, I need my fixed vertical angle back regardless what the mob does.

Another extremely pleasant change would be to make F prefer corpses over live mobs like Select Next Target used to. When the corpse falls to the ground it loses focus and half the time F grabs the next mob leaving the corpse unlooted - and I learned years ago to ALWAYS loot each kill before initiating combat with the next - lost too much loot before I made that my practice.
... Which nudges me toward the theoretical design question, do we need an action to loot? In game in which most of the loot is trash even on bosses, and most low mobs don't drop anything interesting anyway and all that matter is kill count, the option to not increase the avatar's weight and number of carried items is a blessing, but in EU every last bit of loot has some value... I can't think of a loot I'd prefer to leave on the corpse even if we had that option. Well except FEN clothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: San
Still working on detailed feedback, thank you for picking up the most important item already. This needs emphasis:

Another extremely pleasant change would be to make F prefer corpses over live mobs like Select Next Target used to. When the corpse falls to the ground it loses focus and half the time F grabs the next mob leaving the corpse unlooted

It works most of the time as long as you're both on flat ground and in first person view, but not otherwise. Which is telling that development doesn't really test different environs and styles. They said earlier they find it difficult to accomodate all of them. Well, duh. This barrier is entirely in their own head. It could have been such a great renovation of the game if it didn't come with this overt pushing of the leadership's preference in the package. It was quite unnecessary to create all this stress.

And while were at it, fix the effing 1 way lag crap

Back