Entropia Universe 16.0.3 Release Notes

I kinda am liking the left click to use currently equpped item but.... left click also apparently uses currently targeted object such as auction storage etc. Im finding that part conflicts alot with the current cursor mode usage. Like being in several chats at a time and then having to left click screen before you hit left alt to go back out of cursor mode your clicking and using nearby terminals etc too.

Short version

Left click to use equipped item is kewl
Left click to also use object infront of you not so kewl

;)

In no particular order...

¤ I can′t pick up fruits/stones/dung with right or left mouse click. Need to press F.

¤ Especially when on hilly terrain, my ava sinks into the ground up to his knees in what is supposed to be rock.

¤ When getting near a TP and hitting F the ava should stop. However it just runs on and on till it breaks away from the TP even on maximum target lock sensitivity.

¤ When changing direction towards a specified target, say storage, the ava should look at that target and not at the fixed white dot in the middle of the screen. Talk about looking stupid.

¤ Need an option to do away with the dot. When the dot is near to the ava it′s one main reason for uneasy and sick feeling because it is fixed and the ava bounces around. It also kills all aspects of 3D reality because it′s just an irritating dot ruining the whole picture, and not a crosshair which the brain computes in a quite dissimilar fashion.

¤ Hate to think that MA took away putting things on the ground and thus killing an important social aspect of the game just because it messed with the new camera/control system. Not worth that.

¤ Bring back walking backwards. That′s the normal thing people do, not turning 180 degrees on the spot in a whiff. Looks totally strange and artificial. Also kills the classical style of hunting.

¤ Still needs to be fixed that storage and inventory windows stay put where dragged to on the screen. No centering and no overlapping, please.

¤ Please fix swimming.
Just two things. I the F key all the time and the other day when was selling loot I had a fruit in inv.
the F key did it by itself but cause sure didn't. The sight is bad because it follows the mob and I loose sight of them when they are.

I'm not sure when exactly it happened but now I could finally take my Christmas Reindeer off the wall of my apartment. :wtg:

I'm just speechless at this change to a change.

Good going Mindark, soon, I'll just get completely fed up and quit.

This is an idea that could not work maybe, anyway it gives you an idea of what is bad in actual Aim mode camera.

I said lately that point of view was better in Aim mode.
And that's true it was a bit better whith 16.0.2 and hotfix after 16.0.3.
But to say that something is better than before don't means it's good.
Especially when it was very bad at begining. :)

I'm bored to see only the back of my avatar.
This view is absoutely not "immersive" but only frustrating. :wise:

If you check alot of pictures of people hunting whith 3rd view before 16.0, you will find 99% hunting whith a view that is close to red part of the picture.
And it will be so hard to find few ones whith the view that we are forced to use now (black part of picture).

The view is even worse when we shoot a mob that is below us, at the bottom of a hill for example, and that's happening alot.
Maybe you forgot it while testing the new system, but world ingame is not flat.. :yup:

camera.jpg

PS: The aim is high on the picture, it's aproxymately at maximum height we can set it now whith options.
But it shows that it's not enough, it's not about height, it's about "flatness".

Of course the Aim is on a Locked target.

Last edited:
This is an idea that could not work maybe, anyway it gives you an idea of what is bad in actual Aim mode camera.

If you check alot of pictures of people hunting whith 3rd view before 16.0, you will find 99% hunting whith a view that is close to red part of the picture.
And it will be so hard to find few ones whith the view that we are forced to use now (black part of picture).

The view is even worse when we shoot a mob that is below us, at the bottom of a hill for example, and that's happening alot.
Maybe you forgot it while testing the new system, but world ingame is not flat.. :yup:

camera.jpg

PS: The aim is high on the picture, it's aproxymately at maximum height we can set it now whith options.
But it shows that it's not enough, it's not about height, it's about "flatness".

Near Vertical Offset

Near Vertical Offset

Absolutely NOT.

I will not repeat my post a second time..

Read again, especially the last sentence, PS. (it's not about height, but flatness)
The setting you talk about are about height.
On the draw there is both near and far vertical offset set to maximum height.
I said it, and there is also 2 avatars to show it..

I can't wait for the time people will start thinking BEFORE they talk.. :rolleyes:

I think everyone can relax at least a little. Theyre clearly not done yet and possibly testing some ideas on us. More discussion on how what we have NOW could work better would be more beneficial. They didnt put all this work in just to go back the way it was. Theres still alot of required things missing so theres more coming for sure.

Absolutely NOT.

I will not repeat my post a second time..

Read again, especially the last sentence, PS. (it's not about height, but flatness)
The setting you talk about are about height.
On the draw there is both near and far vertical offset set to maximum height.
I said it, and there is also 2 avatars to show it..

I can't wait for the time people will start thinking BEFORE they talk.. :rolleyes:

Ok, I was going to try to help but you can fuck off.

I think everyone can relax at least a little. Theyre clearly not done yet and possibly testing some ideas on us. More discussion on how what we have NOW could work better would be more beneficial. They didnt put all this work in just to go back the way it was. Theres still alot of required things missing so theres more coming for sure.

The first glimpse of the system was shown in September (?!) and not done yet ist a bit an understatement.
An intern could hvae done the same in 3 months completely as an ADDITION...stable and tested and without hickups.
Nobody with a sane mind would have done a radical change like this in an condition like this wihtout even asking people if they think the money was well invested.
It is a waste of OUR money for an unnecessary experiment.
They may cover it up wiht an overall more pay out, but looking at the top ten hunters shows me, that all the sudden they do not have many globals anymore, which is a clear sign they cut their activity.

I do not think that this is really something to "relax", EU is not on a firm financial base that they can sit it out for a few months. We can not afford to lose a few hundred players because of this, especially some oldtimers that invest a few k PEDs every month.

But they should revert to Pre VU 16, test their modes again and make it a option for the ones who like to view their ass while standing above a mob or f.x. if you shoot at a Berycled and walk backwards you are not going in a straight line but in a circle f.x.

Revert to pre VU 16 and iron out your console/VR steering mode and make it a option for the ones who like it or want to use EU in console mode.

You talk like you think theyre done.. Bring something constructive to the table other than reverting back to arkanoid type playstyle. We are not all disabled but surely will be if the old controls stayed much longer. They have fixed so many bugs that have plagued us for decades, give them some time to iron our the new changes and test control theories they have. If you actually use the new controls its sooo much more fun as it is now incomplete!

Reactions: San
mspatterson said:
You talk like you think theyre done.. Bring something constructive to the table other than reverting back to arkanoid type playstyle. We are not all disabled but surely will be if the old controls stayed much longer. They have fixed so many bugs that have plagued us for decades, give them some time to iron our the new changes and test control theories they have. If you actually use the new controls its sooo much more fun as it is now incomplete!

Just accept it, there are players who do not like the new system. That's not what they want.I do not want it either.
and how do you know if I am handicapped through the old tax system? I would like to have your glass ball as well.
there are players who like the new system and there are players who do not like it.
The game is different now, a new one. if there are more now players and more players are paying, ma did everything right. if not, who cares.

Just accept it, there are players who do not like the new system. That's not what they want.I do not want it either.
and how do you know if I am handicapped through the old tax system? I would like to have your glass ball as well.
there are players who like the new system and there are players who do not like it.
The game is different now, a new one. if there are more now players and more players are paying, ma did everything right. if not, who cares.

1. I don't know if you are handicapped or not nor did I say you were!
2. same can be said. Just accept it! We have new controls, get into it!
3. Game is in desperate need of change and hopefully this is the catalyst for more to come!

jus sayin

camera.jpg

Of course the Aim is on a Locked target.

It there a way to fix this, notice the sight is at my butt.

mspatterson said:
2. same can be said. Just accept it! We have new controls, get into it!

I accept it and stop playing.

Press and hold left mouse and move it around, ofsets the camera
Duh that causes lost focus and you can not kill the mob until you move back. I still want to kill the mob I just don't want the sight at my butt, I want like it was before the un-needed patch we got.

Duh that causes lost focus and you can not kill the mob until you move back. I still want to kill the mob I just don't want the sight at my butt, I want like it was before the un-needed patch we got.

Totally agree, this new third person view, which I dont even consider a third person few, just an OTS, sucks a lot compared to old version of third person view.

According to MA, the changes in the last few weeks respond to the willingness to make the system easier and more intuitive for newcomers and to attract new players to the game.

Some say that the excessively disproportionate ATH of last week is some marketing method for the same purpose, attract new players...

Personally I could agree with any measure MA use to try to build a larger community as this would benefit us all.
What I do not like about all this is the maneuver that seems to pass unnoticed for most.
I wonder why this change in the speed of detection of fruits?
It seems clear that this has been deliberately designed to lower the price of fruit drastically.

"To me personally this benefits me as I am a regular fruit buyer ", but I am sure that the objective pursued by MA with this concrete change is not to benefit some few fruit buyers if not quite the opposite. Harm the vast majority of "newcomers " who found in the fruit collection an extra help to take their first steps in Entropia universe.

In conclusion, yes! MA wants more players, but only those with a clear pay-per-play profile.

It seems that MA does not understand that new players should stay in the game and not leave after a week.

MA also does not understand that a non-depositor player, usually becomes a player who does deposits after a few months playing.
Then the best bet would be to help the newcomers making things easier for them to play for free for a few months.

We all know that this is a very complicated game and that completely lacks proper instructions or tutorials and MA leaves this task to the mentors, which we are dedicating 90% of our gaming experience simply to teach our disciples.

The fact that 99% of the disciples leave the game after the second week of play makes us feel that we are wasting our time.

I will not talk about the stupid reward the mentor receives, because the good mentor performs his work for the pleasure of teaching and making new friends, even so, I dare say that 90% of the new players who stay in the game and become future depo-players is thanks to us! Then please MA, dont make it us that task harder!

Many of us not only devote a lot of time to teach the newcomers, but we also do video tutorials, blogs, guides etc... We invest a lot of time of our lives to try to create a larger community. This benefits a lot to MA and it seems that they do not take care at all of it and of us... In my case I can say I spend an average amount of near 20 ped for each disciple I take and only 10% of them reach the graduation day. Then I am literaly paying to take new players in game, and MA is literaly working to make my work harder and expensivier...

I founded a new soc 4 months ago, its 95% newcomers members, we are near 60 members, just 4 players was here before "Wisdom Sons" foundation day, then all others are recruited in the game by us, and they still here thanks our work, not thanks to MA, MA is just hindering our task and giving nothing back for our job...

MA continues to work on new ways to make this game a game impossible to play without depositing money in it. While the mentors continue to work just to the oposite, get the newcomers to stay in the game and someday become great players that may end up being Depo-players...

My suggestion to MA; Let them kids alone... :

-Do not break the price of fruits and stones.
-Create new blue-prints that use sweat or new chips that use Mind-essence as ammunition to raise the price of sweat.
-Do not break all the efforts of the community to help the newcomers as happened with the old nob oil rig at Icarus... (I know you wanted players burn a lot ammo int hat pvp zone... and you found a great effort of uber comunity organization to protect newcomers and give them the oprtunity to take some free pecs in oil. In result MA just destroyed all communty work! so ugly...)

Then hear what comunity needs, and provably you Will get a bigger bussines...
And think about what happens if some day all mentors stop dooing mentoring...

And my own additional two pecs:
1: - Slightly increase the number of extremely low value loots (for example fragments or bones) in the loot tables of very easy prey, WHILE adding blueprints for very enjoyable-to-use (L) items which use these loots in decent quantities. Not missions. Blueprints. The three aims here are to create a disproportionate market for a variety of - say at least 12 in all - extremely low cash value loots which any noob can get cheaply by actually playing the game; to give crafters something more fun to do; and to add some play value to the "paid premium" model of play, ie, you have the skills and the ped? then go use the fun item.
2: - Put some halfway decent sweat circle mobs near a tp encountered early in the game, such as Camp Icarus. Sweater preferences vary; some prefer to solo swunt, some prefer ambu - but back in vu9 there was a sweat camp on Calypso that more closely resembled those found now on Arkadia (Celeste Outpost) and Monria (Cave TP 3), with smallish but non-puny mobs in fair numbers near a TP but far enough from the turrets, at teleporters encountered very early in the game. My first suggestions off the top of my head would be Camp Icarus (the Starving Atrax is big enough, so it's not a matter of putting something bigger there; all that's needed is minor spawn relocations); and/or Port Atlantis, somewhere near the East Gate or the Medical Guide (there are still a few die hard old timers who swunt solo near the lake, but the map is nowhere near prohibitive of placing spawns of such things as exarosaurs or combibos a little distance separate from the lake at either position). The aim here is to make sweating fun enough to push some peds toward healing bills and discourage botting. And no, Boreas is definitively NOT such a place. :acid::sweat:
... snable stalkers at PA East Gate anyone? And it would even direct traffic to the Mall, making trading - one of the most unique things that set this game apart from its competition - a little more worth the bother...

I kinda am liking the left click to use currently equpped item but.... left click also apparently uses currently targeted object such as auction storage etc. Im finding that part conflicts alot with the current cursor mode usage. Like being in several chats at a time and then having to left click screen before you hit left alt to go back out of cursor mode your clicking and using nearby terminals etc too.

Short version

Left click to use equipped item is kewl
Left click to also use object infront of you not so kewl

;)

How about:
Left click to select (not lock)
Right click to interact
Left click to use equipped
F to do the sequence of actions it already is
?

Press and hold left mouse and move it around, ofsets the camera
... Until you initiate combat with the next mob. Maybe this fix is nice with Kong, I don't know, my thing is dailys.

... Until you initiate combat with the next mob. Maybe this fix is nice with Kong, I don't know, my thing is dailys.

depends on how you initiate combat it seems, i can go for hours without it snapping back, using left mouse to click on next target or F for automatic next target. Alt-Tabbing away gets back to the back

depends on how you initiate combat it seems, i can go for hours without it snapping back, using left mouse to click on next target or F for automatic next target. Alt-Tabbing away gets back to the back
Same thing I do but where does Alt-Tab come in?

Give me a step by exactly because I just tried, selected the mob with F key, tried to move the sight lost focus and had to move back manually to kill.

If you can not give exact instruction that are repeatable by other player then you are full of CRAP, If I make it work you can expect a full apology.

I just realized and tried it and YOU ARE SO FULL OF CRAP , alt-tab is the way to tab out of the game to another window which it what I just did to make this post as I am still in the game.
what an idiot.

I just realized and tried it and YOU ARE SO FULL OF CRAP , alt-tab is the way to tab out of the game to another window which it what I just did to make this post as I am still in the game.
what an idiot.

Yeah and when you tab back it is centered again.
If you clock the left mouse and keep it clicked you can mocve the camera without it centering back!
...geez...
those are my settings

I switch to cursor mode by going into the inventory and then I left click and keep it clicked and mocve the camera.

and for calling me crap...moron

Yeah and when you tab back it is centered again.
If you clock the left mouse and keep it clicked you can mocve the camera without it centering back!
...geez...
those are my settings

I switch to cursor mode by going into the inventory and then I left click and keep it clicked and mocve the camera.

and for calling me crap...moron
didn't say you were crap said I you were full of crap that is not the same.

Back