Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Txuri View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to MA, the changes in the last few weeks respond to the willingness to make the system easier and more intuitive for newcomers and to attract new players to the game.

Some say that the excessively disproportionate ATH of last week is some marketing method for the same purpose, attract new players...

Personally I could agree with any measure MA use to try to build a larger community as this would benefit us all.
    What I do not like about all this is the maneuver that seems to pass unnoticed for most.
    I wonder why this change in the speed of detection of fruits?
    It seems clear that this has been deliberately designed to lower the price of fruit drastically.

"To me personally this benefits me as I am a regular fruit buyer ", but I am sure that the objective pursued by MA with this concrete change is not to benefit some few fruit buyers if not quite the opposite. Harm the vast majority of "newcomers " who found in the fruit collection an extra help to take their first steps in Entropia universe.

In conclusion, yes! MA wants more players, but only those with a clear pay-per-play profile.

It seems that MA does not understand that new players should stay in the game and not leave after a week.

MA also does not understand that a non-depositor player, usually becomes a player who does deposits after a few months playing.
    Then the best bet would be to help the newcomers making things easier for them to play for free for a few months.

We all know that this is a very complicated game and that completely lacks proper instructions or tutorials and MA leaves this task to the mentors, which we are dedicating 90% of our gaming experience simply to teach our disciples.

The fact that 99% of the disciples leave the game after the second week of play makes us feel that we are wasting our time.

I will not talk about the stupid reward the mentor receives, because the good mentor performs his work for the pleasure of teaching and making new friends, even so, I dare say that 90% of the new players who stay in the game and become future depo-players is thanks to us! Then please MA, dont make it us that task harder!

Many of us not only devote a lot of time to teach the newcomers, but we also do video tutorials, blogs, guides etc... We invest a lot of time of our lives to try to create a larger community. This benefits a lot to MA and it seems that they do not take care at all of it and of us... In my case I can say I spend an average amount of near 20 ped for each disciple I take and only 10% of them reach the graduation day. Then I am literaly paying to take new players in game, and MA is literaly working to make my work harder and expensivier...

I founded a new soc 4 months ago, its 95% newcomers members, we are near 60 members, just 4 players was here before "Wisdom Sons" foundation day, then all others are recruited in the game by us, and they still here thanks our work, not thanks to MA, MA is just hindering our task and giving nothing back for our job...

MA continues to work on new ways to make this game a game impossible to play without depositing money in it. While the mentors continue to work just to the oposite, get the newcomers to stay in the game and someday become great players that may end up being Depo-players...

My suggestion to MA; Let them kids alone... :

-Do not break the price of fruits and stones.
    -Create new blue-prints that use sweat or new chips that use Mind-essence as ammunition to raise the price of sweat.
    -Do not break all the efforts of the community to help the newcomers as happened with the old nob oil rig at Icarus... (I know you wanted players burn a lot ammo int hat pvp zone... and you found a great effort of uber comunity organization to protect newcomers and give them the oprtunity to take some free pecs in oil. In result MA just destroyed all communty work! so ugly...)

Then hear what comunity needs, and provably you Will get a bigger bussines...
    And think about what happens if some day all mentors stop dooing mentoring...
    And my own additional two pecs:
    1: - Slightly increase the number of extremely low value loots (for example fragments or bones) in the loot tables of very easy prey, WHILE adding blueprints for very enjoyable-to-use (L) items which use these loots in decent quantities. Not missions. Blueprints. The three aims here are to create a disproportionate market for a variety of - say at least 12 in all - extremely low cash value loots which any noob can get cheaply by actually playing the game; to give crafters something more fun to do; and to add some play value to the "paid premium" model of play, ie, you have the skills and the ped? then go use the fun item.
    2: - Put some halfway decent sweat circle mobs near a tp encountered early in the game, such as Camp Icarus. Sweater preferences vary; some prefer to solo swunt, some prefer ambu - but back in vu9 there was a sweat camp on Calypso that more closely resembled those found now on Arkadia (Celeste Outpost) and Monria (Cave TP 3), with smallish but non-puny mobs in fair numbers near a TP but far enough from the turrets, at teleporters encountered very early in the game. My first suggestions off the top of my head would be Camp Icarus (the Starving Atrax is big enough, so it's not a matter of putting something bigger there; all that's needed is minor spawn relocations); and/or Port Atlantis, somewhere near the East Gate or the Medical Guide (there are still a few die hard old timers who swunt solo near the lake, but the map is nowhere near prohibitive of placing spawns of such things as exarosaurs or combibos a little distance separate from the lake at either position). The aim here is to make sweating fun enough to push some peds toward healing bills and discourage botting. And no, Boreas is definitively NOT such a place.
    ... snable stalkers at PA East Gate anyone? And it would even direct traffic to the Mall, making trading - one of the most unique things that set this game apart from its competition - a little more worth the bother...
    .... just one man's opinion

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mspatterson View Post
    I kinda am liking the left click to use currently equpped item but.... left click also apparently uses currently targeted object such as auction storage etc. Im finding that part conflicts alot with the current cursor mode usage. Like being in several chats at a time and then having to left click screen before you hit left alt to go back out of cursor mode your clicking and using nearby terminals etc too.

Short version

Left click to use equipped item is kewl
    Left click to also use object infront of you not so kewl

How about:
    Left click to select (not lock)
    Right click to interact
    Left click to use equipped
    F to do the sequence of actions it already is
    ?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WoenK View Post
    Press and hold left mouse and move it around, ofsets the camera
    ... Until you initiate combat with the next mob. Maybe this fix is nice with Kong, I don't know, my thing is dailys.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Irdeta WoenK Hocren
    Society
    Riverboat Gamblers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    ... Until you initiate combat with the next mob. Maybe this fix is nice with Kong, I don't know, my thing is dailys.
    depends on how you initiate combat it seems, i can go for hours without it snapping back, using left mouse to click on next target or F for automatic next target. Alt-Tabbing away gets back to the back
    Avoiding hunting ubers since 12.10.2018
    Globals Hunting: 1760 Mining: 0042 Crafting: 0544
    HoFs Hunting: 0050 Mining: 0000 Crafting: 0021
    Ubers Hunting: 0006 Mining: 0000 Crafting: 0006
    Always know where your towel is !!!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Medb Lefty Lucy
    Society
    Calypso Rescue Team
    Images
    depends on how you initiate combat it seems, i can go for hours without it snapping back, using left mouse to click on next target or F for automatic next target. Alt-Tabbing away gets back to the back
    Same thing I do but where does Alt-Tab come in?

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Give me a step by exactly because I just tried, selected the mob with F key, tried to move the sight lost focus and had to move back manually to kill.

If you can not give exact instruction that are repeatable by other player then you are full of CRAP, If I make it work you can expect a full apology.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"
    If at first you don't succeed, deposit.

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    I just realized and tried it and YOU ARE SO FULL OF CRAP , alt-tab is the way to tab out of the game to another window which it what I just did to make this post as I am still in the game.
    what an idiot.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Irdeta WoenK Hocren
    Society
    Riverboat Gamblers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CozMoDan View Post
    I just realized and tried it and YOU ARE SO FULL OF CRAP , alt-tab is the way to tab out of the game to another window which it what I just did to make this post as I am still in the game.
    what an idiot.
    Yeah and when you tab back it is centered again.
    If you clock the left mouse and keep it clicked you can mocve the camera without it centering back!
    ...geez...
    those are my settings

I switch to cursor mode by going into the inventory and then I left click and keep it clicked and mocve the camera.

and for calling me crap...moron
    Avoiding hunting ubers since 12.10.2018
    Globals Hunting: 1760 Mining: 0042 Crafting: 0544
    HoFs Hunting: 0050 Mining: 0000 Crafting: 0021
    Ubers Hunting: 0006 Mining: 0000 Crafting: 0006
    Always know where your towel is !!!

Elite
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Herco Coz Mann
    Images
    Yeah and when you tab back it is centered again.
    If you clock the left mouse and keep it clicked you can mocve the camera without it centering back!
    ...geez...
    those are my settings

I switch to cursor mode by going into the inventory and then I left click and keep it clicked and mocve the camera.

and for calling me crap...moron
    didn't say you were crap said I you were full of crap that is not the same.
    Coz "The Bone Merchant"

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast