Entropia Universe 16.0.3 Release Notes

Mindark take note, please don't remove options. Add new ones and keep old ones.
Some players liked the ability to rightclick to trigger "interact". Heck some players even liked the hold for 0,5s function for context menu. You're gonna do more harm than good at this rate.
Give players opton to play the way they want.
Bring back health bars if you got a fap equipped or nothing equipped.

Dont remove features add more optons. Give player choices to finetune how they want to play. And for newbies you can set as little options as you want. But for others we need and want our control back.

All of this for an hypothetical VR market....

There is a "VR guy" working at MindArk, its a common knowledge.
So yeees we can expect VR in 2021 or 2022

I cant wait to kill that 25,600 vixens (the color of envy II !!!) with my VR gear, it will be so dynamic and cool and not-boring-at-all no no no. :cool:

Changes
  • Rotating camera with Left Mouse Button in Cursor mode will enter Freelook mode which is unpaired to avatar movement. To enter Freelook mode that is paired with avatar movement click Middle Mouse Button.
  • In Cursor mode, interaction with objects will be on Left Mouse button and Context menu on Right Mouse button. Right mouse button on target will no longer do prefered action, use action “Interact” for this matter.

• This should NOT be on mouse.

It should be an OPTION. :wise:

Lot of people don't play 100% Cursor or 100% Aim mode..

IS IT SO HARD TO ADD OPTIONS !? :scratch2:

Why change settings of mouse again ?
    Could anyone show me a single person who asked for it on this forum ? :confused:
    It's nice of you MA to tell us what you do, but it would be great now to explain WHY you do it..

PS:

I hope that this new "free" camera for Cursor mode is not the only thing to come to improve camera/point of view.

I just tested, now Cursor mode have zero movement whith locked target, and in Aim mode it's still the same.
    We have to enjoy sea waves while mob approaching, and when it's on us, the great view on grass for tall mobs, and from the sky to the top of our helmet for small ones..

Last edited:
If you rotate with left mouse and then hit cursor mode, it will point towards where your camera was pointing at, not turning the avatar or anything.

Anyway, why all these changes? wasn't it fine as it was before? now the menus are not working properly on some of your mechanics... I thought all of this was tested and tried and thought out but it seems it wasn't... Since all these changes are happening to a "well thought" change.

Bit of a rant because it gets tiresome to have to adapt to EVERY single players individual needs. That's what breaks content. You can't please everyone... But at least be consistent.

THIS! Seriously, this constant back and forth with the camera control is getting insane.

you can't right click now to loot mob, am i doing something wrong?

You left click now, if in cursor mode.

However, if you try to pick up fruit in cursor mode, left mouse does not work despite what it says on the screen.
You have to press F or go to auto mode (is that the name?).

This is really confusing, and no matter what way you decide to go MA, please stick to one! Changing this while most of us are not yet used to the last big change, is not good.

And I want to add, please please please bring back health bars! :nurse:

I miss right click interact with mob while you hunt. Maybe this can be an option brought back?

What ever happened to the tick box in the option to 'change to vr mode' lol

omg...you took everything that was on the RMB and put it on the LMB !!! What was the reason for that ???:scratch2:
This is getting ridiculous...either fix it or leave it alone so we can get used to it.:eyecrazy:

There is a "VR guy" working at MindArk, its a common knowledge.
So yeees we can expect VR in 2021 or 2022

I cant wait to kill that 25,600 vixens (the color of envy II !!!) with my VR gear, it will be so dynamic and cool and not-boring-at-all no no no. :cool:

It is not only the controlls needs to have for VR. It needs also to render the game in VR mode, and this is the harder part to get it work with a nice fps and also nice look. This also means to use other shaders and materials etc.

I have VR too, but realy, EU is a game, i never would play in VR, more as maybe 1 hour. Otherwise i would get sick.
And, how you want eat, smoke, use a phone or tablet, while you have the headset on the head. It realy is less of fun to play in VR, if you play for a longer time.

If you ask me, there is a lot more, MA should focus on. VR is more on bottom of that list.

Last edited:
and dont forget:

-Bring back the Tame action... without a fat whip, now is very dificult...

-Bring back the Global Animation... ok, i have a liiiiiittttle amount of global, my avatar is not lucky, but, when i have one, i want to see it again!!!

-Bring back fast menu, not 0.5 second delay.

-Bring back more easy enter/go out ships.

-Bring back the default "enter" action in ships, not default "refuel" action.... i need scape in ship now, not refueling!!!

-Bring back more zoom distance, like in the past.

Im sure i forget some ones....

But, really, i like this VU, only need fix it.

-Bring back the Global Animation... ok, i have a liiiiiittttle amount of global, my avatar is not lucky, but, when i have one, i want to see it again!!!

-Bring back more zoom distance, like in the past.

I'm not sure what the default option is, but I chose to not have the camera adjust to globals. Perhaps check options?

And you can have a greater distance now, also in options. Not sure how far it was in the past, but at least it's better now.

Keep up the good work.
Loot is hot :yup::yup:

Global animation MUST be brought back. OR something else implemented, but somethinh has to be done !

I had two globals this morning, I barely even noticed it, and I am a real player, clicking and stuff, still, it went is if nothign happened.

THIS IS SADDENING.

:scratch2:

I think there's some important stuff to address and although there were some positive changes on this VU I think there were some negative ones as well, which many have mentioned in this thread.

• Removing Right Click Interact kills mouse only gameplay completely
  • Exiting Vehicles seems somewhere between difficult/impossible without a specific binding now

Also important:

• Strafing movement inputs still cancel Interact/Auto-Use inputs since VU 16.0.0 which hurts functionality for hunters
  • Global/HoF animations are still not functioning correctly it seems

Last edited:
took me a little while to get used to using the f key but the changes to the mouse are actually very good.

you players are doing a fantastic job beta testing. absolutly fantasic. pizza is on order. you just have to apply with proof of beta testing and proof of submitting text of results. then you will get pizza too.

my list of broken whiny things is actually getting smaller. but there is one outstanding very noticeable annoyance. the storage position memory. the inventory one works ok but the storage one should be at the left side of the screen at least and not reset to the middle every time. but, theres more.

i really dislike that you have to be equipped to put a target on a mob. you should be able to select the target then equip whichever weapon while closing distance. losing targetting is very uncomfortable. but even more uncomfortable is losing target after heal. why is the left mouse=interact while only f=autouse? why do i have to target a mob while healing? and what exactly am i supposed to target to use the portable tt unit or the portable repair tool? is there a distance involved? o solved...double click after equip lol. funny how the old counterintuitiveness has corrupted my thinking.

Last edited:
To replace right clicking to interact you can put the interact key on another mouse button, if you have one. Not as good though. I didn't see anyone asking for this change. This is probably because of the people asking for free look to not snap back...

Now when I jump in a vehicle and want to switch seats the right mouse button menu is no longer there to do it, I had to put that action on my desktop.

Right click no longer auto fires.... please stop making the controls worse.... this was a good step, why undo this.

I second that, please revert this back to before the patch. How can I set up my mouse now that it would be working like before?

Thank you,

Perry

To replace right clicking to interact you can put the interact key on another mouse button, if you have one. Not as good though. I didn't see anyone asking for this change. This is probably because of the people asking for free look to not snap back...

Indeed nobody asked for this. :wise:

Free camera in Cursor mode makes non sense on LMB.

It would be much more intuitive on MMB.
Oh wait.. Exactly how it was BEFORE VU 16. :yup:

Also, am I the only one hunting in Aim mode in this game ?
Or all others are already gone ? :confused:

Maybe people are tired telling the view while hunting in Aim mode is AWFUL.. :cussing:

Items on top of shelves in shops are stil not reachable :(

And how do you enter your privateer from your Quad now?

This last VU has not solved much...

Deleted...…….

Last edited:
Logged in this morning...
Went to Arg cave..
Very nice to back the camera off in a cluster of Mobs and not have it snap back.

Still Weird that I can't turn left or right in a fight.
Mouse should move camera.
Turn left turn right moves toon.
Maybe I missed the center mouse click thing and how it works...

Ill check more tonight but great progress over all.
Awsome! :yay:

Not sure what everyone going on about. I still have right to auto move to and attack. What also seem to have left click to use tool which seems to work on more like scanners refiners etc which is nice

Not sure what everyone going on about. I still have right to auto move to and attack. What also seem to have left click to use tool which seems to work on more like scanners refiners etc which is nice

What everyone is going on about, is cursor mode.

First look, I like that storage now opens with inventory side by side. This had been requested for a long time. Thanks!

had enough after 20 minutes.

Why try and fix something that seemed to work fine.... from a hunters point of view.

what he said
exactly the same here, plus:
the health of the mobs is lagging (at least formicacida in pvp, it may not be the case for others), so:
I don`t know when to use a finisher
I`m firing extra shots which in pvp cost money!

also, the mouse control is messed up again
inventory window still doesn`t remember where I placed it last time
whoever implemented this, and now is messing up things even more, has no idea about gaming, or even the general principles of ergonomics
this feedback comes from someone who`s been here for 13 years, loving this game...

I also had enough after 20 minutes...

I hope this mess will be sorted out, eventually

now we get every week a new setup of the controlls? How funny!

you can't right click now to loot mob, am i doing something wrong?

I would say you are as I have no trouble at all. I believe you have to point at it but that's about it for me.

Back