Entropia Universe 16.0.3 Release Notes

Changes

!
Fixed Issues

• Fixed an issue where amps could still be used with 0.0 PED TT if another attachment is mounted on tools.

Really, again? no wonder my loot sucks :(

I would say you are as I have no trouble at all. I believe you have to point at it but that's about it for me.

It doesn't work in cursor mode. But rebkean said earlier it is left click now but I have not tried it yet.
Hunting with cursor mode and mostly with mouse was changed with this update. It is not as easy or intuitive like pre update.

I just tested, now Cursor mode have zero movement whith locked target, and in Aim mode it's still the same.
We have to enjoy sea waves while mob approaching, and when it's on us, the great view on grass for tall mobs, and from the sky to the top of our helmet for small ones..

I don't know what just happened. :confused:

I played few hours after this patch, it was like as said above.

Then I logout for a while, came back few minutes ago, and game downloaded again 27.7MB.

Now the camera is much better in Aim mode, dont move so much, and don't go too low on tall mob, or too high on small ones.

Interesting...

Sounds like MA is working hard to address the communitie's main complaint, which has been that the camera follows the movements of your locked target, making people nauseated/dizzy.

I agree that they should fix thix so that we can select a mode where the camera doesn't move so much.

The next biggest complaint from the community which remains to be addressed, according to this poll:
VU-16-Which-Functionalities-do-you-miss-most-(multiple-choice)
Is the lack of healthbars, I wonder if they will listen to their community and bring them back...

:scratch2:

I don't know what just happened.

I played few hours after this patch, it was like as said above.

Then I logout for a while, came back few minutes ago, and game downloaded again 27.7MB.

Now the camera is much better in Aim mode, dont move so much, and don't go too low on tall mob, or too high on small ones.

We did a Client hotfix patch to add one of the latest adjustments that I thought you wanted to have ;).

nothing on the practically unplayable area of SPACE?

While we are still tweaking the current camera system we have actually started to look at vehicles controls and space. It is easier now due to this system and something we want to improve across the board.

Mindark take note, please don't remove options. Add new ones and keep old ones.
Some players liked the ability to rightclick to trigger "interact". Heck some players even liked the hold for 0,5s function for context menu. You're gonna do more harm than good at this rate.
Give players opton to play the way they want.

We hear you and will try to implement more options for players to configure different features in the future.

Global animation MUST be brought back.

Bugs and other unintended changes is something we of course look at. Please keep reporting them in a constructive manner.

Thank you for the feedback and play nice!

We did a Client hotfix patch to add one of the latest adjustments that I thought you wanted to have ;).

While we are still tweaking the current camera system we have actually started to look at vehicles controls and space. It is easier now due to this system and something we want to improve across the board.

We hear you and will try to implement more options for players to configure different features in the future.

Bugs and other unintended changes is something we of course look at. Please keep reporting them in a constructive manner.

Keep up the great work and thx for the comunication Dennis :wtg::yay:

I hunted this morning for 9 and 1/2 hours, I was just amazed how things are working and that is great it was just like pre 2010 when thing were smooth as glass. Just go off from a quick 35 minute hunt, which about my normal run length and then I repair if needed and buy ammo. I noticed that now the avatar stands taller and if the mob is small, like most of mine are, it goes down just a little, not like before, and then as soon the mob is killed goes back to standing tall again. I can not get above the mob when shooting. Because I shoot short mobs I never get to see the mob while killing because I can not raise the camera above my avatar anymore. Now that is not a show stopper for me but makes a little less enjoyable because I can't see mob but its ok.
The said thing is if you would have done that little trick 2 years ago it would have stopped all the dancing around a dead mob until it disappeared.

It doesn't work in cursor mode. But rebkean said earlier it is left click now but I have not tried it yet.
Hunting with cursor mode and mostly with mouse was changed with this update. It is not as easy or intuitive like pre update.

I have never hunted in cursor mode always aim mode but I did try again a few minutes ago and it definitely works fine in aim mob, sorry about your trouble.

Please keep reporting them in a constructive manner.

Please allow us more interaction distance with the npcs. Although you have now moved where the inventory opens to be next to the auction window, for example, for me it is now 3/4 off my screen to the right, so I STILL have to move it. I guess it is better for most players as it is now, so my complaint is a bit quietened by that.

However, if I want to craft or get storage I have to leave the auction window - and guess what happens when I return?

We just want the OPTIONS to get around the fact that we all have different monitor sizes and whatever preferred playstyles.

This evening I just sat there right-clicking the auctioneer for a while like a despondent (sad) cat 'clicking' half-heartedly on a dead mouse. I guess you know that the auctioneer did not activate. Yes, I really did that - and I don't know how to be more constructive than making a joke about it. You are killing my soul!!!

Anyway, please give us more interaction distance with the next patch...

Well i can sum up this VU simply. Like the black & white televisios and horse drivin carriages its time to let go! ;)

It's an MMORPG, most are going to use cursor mode most of the time. Mostly the only time I go aim mode is PVP.

It's an MMORPG, most are going to use cursor mode most of the time. Mostly the only time I go aim mode is PVP.

That's because that's what your used to. 25yrs ago before the mouse people freaked at majority of controls being switched to that so they maintained most of both but back then you did with keyboard what you now do with mouse. Next it will be VR and mind control or something.. things are going to change.. embrace it or be left in the dust =p

*edit*
Id like to add I didn't mean that to sound hostile but this is a really good opportunity to sit back with a drink, maybe cleanup your screen of icons and put some thought behind a new way of doing things all while saving peds :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol
No! The console gaming industry is for forcing gamers to play FPS.
FPS shooters suck...
It kinda looks like that's what they are working on, to get some more action?
I don't care if you want to play FPS but I for sure do not.
I played Elder Scrolls for about a day till I found out all they had was strafe.
No left turn no right turn... short camera.. etc.
I bought the 150.00 box set too...
I sent them a letter but they didn't care about my cash.

The only way to turn your player was using the mouse with no buttons held down. ... keys never moves you forward. only W or toggling autorun does that ... Movement keys are A/W/S/D but A/D don't turn your player, they strafe.

Game killer for me...

My Keyboard is WADSZC forward/turn left/turn right/move backwards/Strafe left/Strafe right.
QE auto shoot/manual shoot.

Camera moves with mouse
Toon moves with keyboard.

I played a game that had no forward movement, cept for clicking the ground..
That was lame...

They can do it all if they try and I believe they can.
Pissing off half of your players to get a few more is not a good move.

That's because that's what your used to.

It's certainly not about that for me. I know perfectly well from racing sims and being 3 seconds a lap behind a good time (for a particular car) that I need to get used to the handling, optimise gear ratios etc and that things will improve.
I am used to getting used to stuff! ;) My mind also appears to be quite flexible still, like now in rl beginning to think there is an outline on the bus I want to catch and on other 'targets' I focus on. I also caught myself trying a click-hold on some task the other day - and I'm pretty sure I know why that is! :rolleyes:

Instead of brainwashing me into thinking "These are not the droids you're looking for", I'm thinking "This is not the sort of re-programming I'm looking for" ... enough said for now. :eyecrazy:

It's certainly not about that for me. I know perfectly well from racing sims and being 3 seconds a lap behind a good time (for a particular car) that I need to get used to the handling, optimise gear ratios etc and that things will improve.
I am used to getting used to stuff! ;) My mind also appears to be quite flexible still, like now in rl beginning to think there is an outline on the bus I want to catch and on other 'targets' I focus on. I also caught myself trying a click-hold on some task the other day - and I'm pretty sure I know why that is! :rolleyes:

Instead of brainwashing me into thinking "These are not the droids you're looking for", I'm thinking "This is not the sort of re-programming I'm looking for" ... enough said for now. :eyecrazy:

Your absolutely right! Its clear to me you are extremely flexible and that I must be overlooking something. I take it all back and we shud go back to previous VU forever. it was perfection! the dream!

I am sorry but I beg to differ, in a nice way, but you are the are only first person to say that for hunting and only two others mentioned (that I remember) using cursor for movement and complained when MA put the key in aim mode after using the TP which I thought was a great idea and MA said it was accident and then is when they spouted off. Noticed that no one has said anything about it this time. BTW I am not saying your a spouting off at all just telling us you don't like it and that is fine by me.

Oh just a by the way I don't think this is MMORPG at all as I see no role playing other what you do for a living, I am a hunt through and through so for me its a shootem up :)

That's because that's what your used to. 25yrs ago before the mouse people freaked at majority of controls being switched to that so they maintained most of both but back then you did with keyboard what you now do with mouse. Next it will be VR and mind control or something.. things are going to change.. embrace it or be left in the dust =p

*edit*
Id like to add I didn't mean that to sound hostile but this is a really good opportunity to sit back with a drink, maybe cleanup your screen of icons and put some thought behind a new way of doing things all while saving peds :)

Well said in the edit IMO, me I really like and played 9.5 hours today, reminded me of the pre-2010 game.

I guess I don't understand the advantage in cursor mode.

In Aim mode, whether in 1st person or Over the shoulder, I aim at the mob, right click, my avatar moves into range and starts shooting, after kill, I right click to loot. I can see arrow showing next closest mob in line of view, I can Tab to lock on, right click and again, ava moves into range and auto fires, right click to loot. Rinse and repeat. I don't have to tab to next closest mob, I have free look around if chosen. While auto killing, I can switch to cursor mode, enter chat, open inventory, highlight other mob, etc. etc., just like before VU. Granted, some changes are weird, like left mouse click on vehicle to open action dialogue and select Pick-Up, but easy enough.

Is there some easier way to hunt or grind that I'm missing? Appreciate your sharing your wisdom.

I guess I don't understand the advantage in cursor mode.

In Aim mode, whether in 1st person or Over the shoulder, I aim at the mob, right click, my avatar moves into range and starts shooting, after kill, I right click to loot. I can see arrow showing next closest mob in line of view, I can Tab to lock on, right click and again, ava moves into range and auto fires, right click to loot. Rinse and repeat. I don't have to tab to next closest mob, I have free look around if chosen. While auto killing, I can switch to cursor mode, enter chat, open inventory, highlight other mob, etc. etc., just like before VU. Granted, some changes are weird, like left mouse click on vehicle to open action dialogue and select Pick-Up, but easy enough.

Is there some easier way to hunt or grind that I'm missing? Appreciate your sharing your wisdom.
I have been hunting since 2007 (not much of a miner or crafter) I have never heard how it was done and the player that mentioned it is the first one I seen. Maybe some others will speak up but I am with and do just about exactly the way you do. BTW I am sure you know this but by the way you said it, enter to go to chat and "I" key for inventory is how I do it :).

Here is something that may be a problem but just encountered it today.

This is me shooting at a selected (inter crosshair is red) gibnib at least 15 times, never used any ammo and it walked away unhurt. I used to be a great shot and this is going to make the gibnib daily missions hard to do :)

BTW I did select a oil rig today with the F key but I had to aim at it and it may be because it was associated with a newbee mission and a reward. No biggie but I didn't notice it happing until the patch to day.

Wish there was a way to deselect "move to target" like it was in the old system.

I hardly ever used move to target before, just sometimes when needed if mob had very bad hitbox etc..

Now I have got a few claims when mining that would have been easy enought to extract in the old system without move to target, now my ava just tries to get closer to claim, even if I am in range for extract.

Result is I fall down from step sloope, tries several times, gives up and use summon claim wait 30 sec, extract.

Why cant we deselect move to target anymore?

Changes

• The resource type of a mining claim will now be visible in the tooltip of the deed, and on the mining claim in the world.

That was a nice addition to mining.
But would it be to much to ask for if you also could add the depth on the mining claim to?
And also size maybe.
If you dont want to show it to everybody maybe just to the claim owner.
But depth info on the claim to would be really nice.

MA please improve looting in aim mode on dense spawns. Still doesn't work as expected. I like hunting with F only vs old style next target -> autouse -> loot. But it's doesn't work reliably yet. On dense spawns I often attack new mob rather than loot old one. It's due high density where new mobs can get between you and killed mob when you press F to loot - so you attack instead.

I finally realized what is happening since the patch and hunting. I said earlier that my avatar was standing taller and when shoot hardly bent down at all.

Well that is not really it at all. The sight is following the mob. If you will notice the sight is not over your shoulder when the mob (smaller mobs) is running towards you the sight is moving down. I hunted a phasm and by the time he got to me the sight was at my knees. I don't really like that at all because you lose sight of a mob and if you are standing on a slight incline and shooting down the F key does not loot on the second click all the time because you have lost focus on the mob.

MA does pride them selves in being realistic and they do a good job IMO but this is way out of line. You do not see shooters IRL moving the gun to follow a target (Like combat shooting contests) the gun is aimed and your whole body follows the target not the gun.

Found out that I actually can set the camera of centered by left clicking and holding it left clicked. After releasing it stays there, which is nice and stops the whole wobbling.
What is still kind of annoying is, that it is fixed in that direction and not to your ava, so when you walk left it stays in the same position and does not follow you.
At least something I can live with now.
Still want more zoom out though

I am sorry but I beg to differ, in a nice way, but you are the are only first person to say that for hunting and only two others mentioned (that I remember) using cursor for movement and complained when MA put the key in aim mode after using the TP which I thought was a great idea and MA said it was accident and then is when they spouted off. Noticed that no one has said anything about it this time. BTW I am not saying your a spouting off at all just telling us you don't like it and that is fine by me.

Never used aim mode also, doing way too much stuff while shooting like checking HoF lists, professions skills ...
Also almost never use first person.
Also never do PvP

Not even gonna play until this new interface interaction is finalized. I do not want to spend the next 3 months adapting to it and each subsequent change made. Not when every action taken costs real money.

I'll check back now and then during breaks from WoW

*poke* Health bars! *poke poke*

Back