Entropia Universe 16.0.3 Release Notes

Not even gonna play until this new interface interaction is finalized. I do not want to spend the next 3 months adapting to it and each subsequent change made. Not when every action taken costs real money.

I'll check back now and then during breaks from WoW

bro its much easier then before to hunt small mobs for instance

im doing some missions atm and its so much better

Hi ;)

i actually get bit excited now to see whats been changed or fixed i even noticed that the laconian sword is no longer held by the blade but now correctly by the handle lol and im sure there are many other little things thats been fixed ;)

however avatars still seem able to fall thru some rocks on occasion and even get stuck such as those on arkadia oil rig

and yes i would also like to have hp bars back even if they are non interact-able so we could at least see the health of the mobs and avatars around us that so we can better decide what actions to take,maybe even make them resizable or more streamlined to fit more on screen, or even if thats not possible perhaps increase the team size limit, not sure what that would be but i imagine however many hp bars u can comfortably fit on the screen say 20-30?

something else that i think has been a real pain in the butt from day 1 and probably the most important thing that should be fixed is how avatars loot.. as im sure many us have at some point had a mob thats fallen into a hill or something that we just cant seem to loot without great difficulty or getting killed by other mobs lol which ofc is very frustrating and needless support cases involved to resolve.. however i think i have a solution that would work not only on planets, but also space...

to solve u just make it so avatars and ships can loot by proximity, similar to how an auto loot pill works, so instead of having to press a key to loot, it does it as soon as the avatar is very close, like say 5-10meters or whatever the minimum would be needed to enure the mob gets looted no matter what, even if it is in a rock or a hill etc, so long as the avatar is pretty much on top of it or very close lol with regard to lootpills they would still work as normal just far grater range say 50meters or something

also would be nice if we could have it so we can key bind pickup and maybe even have an extra key bind that can call all spawned vehicles to inventory instead of storage and also be able to zoom out a bit further, it still feels a little too close for me as i like to be able to see everything thats going on around me lol i understand this presents some issues like if we try to go in buildings etc, but most i imagine have the common sense to zoom in or out when needed ;) lol

generally speaking its always good to listen to constructive feedback from the community, and try give them what they want and make the game as customizable as possible without breaking other things, easier said than done ofc lol

well thats about all i can think of for now, lovin the level of communication and that the game is getting a nice face lift and improvements as well as fixing as many of those annoying bugs as possible lol

bbye guys keep up the good work n have fun

JJ ;)

eu died with vu 16. for me. I tried it but it is not playable for me. the fun is gone. 4 years are seemingly enough. time and money saved . Have fun with the keyboard

Who is going to make a third "Do you like the new Camera System?" poll? :popcorn:

"A 'semi' Auto-Loot, FOR FREE, for Hunters : More Fun, and Faster Action, for an Increased Flow of Money"

Hi ;)

Something else that i think has been a real pain in the butt from day 1 and probably the most important thing that should be fixed is how avatars loot..

As im sure many us have at some point had a mob thats fallen into a hill or something that we just cant seem to loot without great difficulty or getting killed by other mobs lol which ofc is very frustrating and needless support cases involved to resolve..

However i think i have a solution that would work not only on planets, but also space...

To solve u just make it so avatars and ships can loot by proximity, similar to how an auto-loot pill works, so instead of having to press a key to loot, it does it as soon as the avatar is very close, like say 5-10meters or whatever the minimum would be needed to ensure the mob gets looted no matter what, even if it is in a rock or a hill etc, so long as the avatar is pretty much on top of it or very close.

With regard to current lootpills, they would still work as normal : just far greater range (say 50 meters or something).

Generally speaking its always good to listen to constructive feedback from the community, and try give them what they want and make the game as customizable as possible without breaking other things.

JJ ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Update/Intro to my post] For those who are about to read my comments about this idea, please notice that here we aren't discussing about the "re-invention" of loot pills, already findable in-game, but something different and moreover FOR FREE to Players .

I wrote this comment since it seems that someone didn't read the entire post.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I like your idea : I imagined something similar too.
In my opinion MindArk should consider seriously some kind of auto-loot feature like the one described, or even more powerful : it's a Win-Win feature.

A Win for the players because in this way the Game gets speeded up and smoother ,
but in my opinion -and moreover- a Win also for MindArk, since more active and comfortable players at the end of the day spend more money : the flow simply increases.

In my opinion, they -MindArk- haven't done it so far because the System sometimes profits from the fact that occasionally a player is unable to loot a mob : but just this whole question needs to be re-studied well, and imo deeply re-evaluated from MindArk's side.

For MindArk it's a better that a player occasionally is unable to loot a mob and then, for this reason, curses the whole world, or instead it's BETTER a faster gameplay where the hunter gets its loot via a proximity auto-loot feature, and then happily, and fast, moves to the next step ?

Just let the fun, and the flow of money, increase. The 2 things are strictly related :)

Maybe an experimental test for some weeks/months might confirm my concept, or disprove it.

Paul

Last edited:
I personally really like the recent changes. Especially being able to have a camera free look similar to before without snapping back and wobbling. Little odd that it is on LMB. MMB would of been best and worked fine prior to VU, but an improvement nonetheless. I also like that single clicking MMB resets camera as it did before.

Some feedback;

-I would like to see “Interact” back on RMB in Cursor Mode and lock target on LMB click
-Add Option to enable/disable context menus that opens by holding RMB
-Ensure all context menu options have an alternative Action Icon in Library
-Double clicking equipables in inventory should open Info, not equip/unequip
-Item info should have all applicable actions listed at bottom of window as before.
-Add Option to Hide Crosshairs and white dot.
-Stop Avatars from continuing to move to target once a certain radius or range is reached to target.
-Allow avatars to strafe while moving to target that does not break auto use or if interrupted by an obstacle. .
-Add “Pickup” action back into Library
-Add Health bars for healers

More to come.

Great job so far. Keep up the good work and communication.

Geo

There are auto loot pills in the tt.

I finally realized what is happening since the patch and hunting. I said earlier that my avatar was standing taller and when shoot hardly bent down at all.

Well that is not really it at all. The sight is following the mob. If you will notice the sight is not over your shoulder when the mob (smaller mobs) is running towards you the sight is moving down. I hunted a phasm and by the time he got to me the sight was at my knees. I don't really like that at all because you lose sight of a mob and if you are standing on a slight incline and shooting down the F key does not loot on the second click all the time because you have lost focus on the mob.

MA does pride them selves in being realistic and they do a good job IMO but this is way out of line. You do not see shooters IRL moving the gun to follow a target (Like combat shooting contests) the gun is aimed and your whole body follows the target not the gun.

I quoted my own post rather than edit because I want it to get lost somewhere back there. 3 or 4 times when the sight jumped back up after the kill it lost focus on the mob and would not loot on a second F key push. I think this is the one patch that should be turned back. If I do not hear anything in a few days I will make a support case nd I can get it fixed.

There are auto loot pills in the tt.

ahhh...c'mon.....where is that ironic smiley ?! :D

one of the reasons I never complained about the changes when it concerns looting was, I might have lotted manually about 5-10 mobs the past 3 years :D
Even thinking about clicking on roughly 30k mobs in a year would give me RSI :D

ok..now I will prolly get it because I have to adjzst the camera all the time, unless i stick with the default and puke after the second beer (aka 30 Minutes)

angles better but issues on hills

The camera works much better now during normal combat on flat or flattish ground. In the hills when you approach your target auto, the camera angles are now most of the time pointing at the mob even when behind hill etc while before it would point up the hill. I think. Its all a bit fuzzy, but that changed for sure last VU. I still think the updates to angles when close and in combat, outweigh this annoyance, it won't keep me from hunting in the hills.

While holding Rotate Left or Right Actions bound to Keyboard Mapping and pressing Interact or Lock Target, you will get stuck in a rotation, before and after the mob has died. The only way to stop it is to press the key of that direction again.

Last edited:
The camera works much better now during normal combat on flat or flattish ground. In the hills when you approach your target auto, the camera angles are now most of the time pointing at the mob even when behind hill etc while before it would point up the hill. I think. Its all a bit fuzzy, but that changed for sure last VU. I still think the updates to angles when close and in combat, outweigh this annoyance, it won't keep me from hunting in the hills.

I agree with this.. the camera snap on hills during combat is very odd... the left/right of it might be ok but the verticle seems to attempt to level off which obviously has you taking what looks like a dirtnap while fighting uphill

Suggestion remove the verticle combat camera snap since more than likely we are already looking at the mob vertically.

Last edited by a moderator:
While holding Rotate Left or Right Actions bound to Keyboard Mapping and pressing Interat or Lock Target, you will get stuck in a rotation, before and after the mob has died. The only way to stop it is to press the key of that direction again.

Yep happens to me the same way.

I agree with this.. the camera snap on hills during combat is very odd... the left/right of it might be ok but the verticle seems to attempt to level off which obviously has you taking what looks like a dirtnap while fighting uphill

Suggestion remove the verticle combat camera snap since more than likely we are already looking at the mob vertically.

This is me on a slight incline shooting one mob with a dead one still out there and did not loot with the second F key it went to a new live mob. We really need to roll this patch back because the sight follows the mob not your body and on smaller mobs you block sight of them in 3rd person and my sight is at my knees. I not quite sure why they even put this in because it was working just fine for everybody except the one guy that uses cursor mode to hunt, no offense.

Changes
[*]In Cursor mode, interaction with objects will be on Left Mouse button and Context menu on Right Mouse button. Right mouse button on target will no longer do prefered action, use action “Interact” for this matter.

Any way to configure this ? you can keep mouse assignment changes but give us the option of auto-interact, it was the best feature of the new control system

Health bar code.... copy paste from teams.

mouseover info windows on icons

the info window that comes up when mouseover on an item is really awesome. but i think on the icons it's not really necessary and very intrusive. with lots of attachments and the placing i use there is a huge black area that block my view when i'm selecting weapons. perhaps transparent background? or just remove the mouseover feature from the icons would work. again i really like this feature but only when i'm looking at the item but not when i'm using it.

edit panel broken. defaults to * should default to the action set you are on

when opening the edit panel why does it open on the * action set when i'm on the 2 action set? can i set that as my default? there's no way to get all my icons to the default action set and i don't even use any other set up tbh. so i, at least, have no use for any other "action set" let alone a full other 9 of them.

Last edited:
I personally really like the recent changes. Especially being able to have a camera free look similar to before without snapping back and wobbling. Little odd that it is on LMB. MMB would of been best and worked fine prior to VU, but an improvement nonetheless. I also like that single clicking MMB resets camera as it did before.

Some feedback;

-I would like to see “Interact” back on RMB in Cursor Mode and lock target on LMB click
-Item info should have all applicable actions listed at bottom of window as before.
-Stop Avatars from continuing to move to target once a certain radius or range is reached to target.
-Allow avatars to strafe while moving to target that does not break auto use or if interrupted by an obstacle. .

More to come.

Geo

Personally I can agree with everything Geo wrote so I support all his points.
The only thing I would add is that before VU 16 when you set your camera at a certain angel it maintained its angel to the Avatar now it maintains its angel against the world which is not usable after you move/turn your avatar because the Camera does not follow your heading.

mouseover info windows on icons

the info window that comes up when mouseover on an item is really awesome. but i think on the icons it's not really necessary and very intrusive. with lots of attachments and the placing i use there is a huge black area that block my view when i'm selecting weapons. perhaps transparent background? or just remove the mouseover feature from the icons would work. again i really like this feature but only when i'm looking at the item but not when i'm using it.

edit panel broken. defaults to * should default to the action set you are on

when opening the edit panel why does it open on the * action set when i'm on the 2 action set? can i set that as my default? there's no way to get all my icons to the default action set and i don't even use any other set up tbh. so i, at least, have no use for any other "action set" let alone a full other 9 of them.

the * set I believe is temporary and overrides all others.. was MA's attempt at forcing people to try the new controls

This action on left click is so frustrating... i keep clicking on everything on my estates... sometimes by accident and then have to spend time placing them back again and again -.-

Just put it back on the right click action... and repair de lost action menus!:wise:

the * set I believe is temporary and overrides all others.. was MA's attempt at forcing people to try the new controls

Not sure what you mean but the icons you put on the "*" screen are visible on the other 9 screens, Very handy for vehicles, TP chips etc. other wise you have to manually put them on all the other screens. I don't think it is broken but works as planed to show which are the global icons. Besides all you have to do is press the Function key setup you want and I don't find myself changing stuff after my initial set up but that's just me.

Some feedback;

More to come.

Geo

Saying in a nice, I disagree with much of what you said, it add more layers on layers on layers. Has anyone noticed how smooth the game is running after a lot of the "jazz" was removed. I have hardly had a hiccup of any kind and if I did I would think is was more my ISP than the game. They have screwed it up a little with the last patch IMO, rarely do you see a IRL marksman with his gun sight as his waist. How would he hit anything after the first shot if he can not look down the sight :confused:.

Fixed an issue making it difficult to apply makeup if avatar moved.

but removed all actions/icons left to do make up, no zoom no make up....

Makeup system is dead. Time to tt 400 ped in stuff bougth at 150-200% mu and my EU job trashed...

Fixed an issue making it difficult to apply makeup if avatar moved.

but removed all actions/icons left to do make up, no zoom no make up....

Makeup system is dead. Time to tt 400 ped in stuff bougth at 150-200% mu and my EU job trashed...

I would say hold on and see if they will fix it, they have fixed a lot of things.

I would say hold on and see if they will fix it, they have fixed a lot of things.

Well they fixed the mining ATHs! :laugh:

What slot machine is that? Regular days like today top maximum loot for mining is 1 or 2K ped maybe 5k ped if lucky and it can repeat this result for months. Months without seeing anything bigger than 5k. But then they dropped a 400K ped. Now that is a huge carrot to chase! To me it had the opposite effect because your slot machine Mindark, looks damn broken!

And you guys even dare to talk about volatility, haha so funny. What kind of volatility is that? You guys know how much a average player loss per hour? When i craft or hunt the minimum wage is 50 ped per hour and most of the times 100peds /hour. Now that is an expensive "game" don't you think? Plus in most cases it looks like a job and not like a game, just go mining unamped or craft sub 1ped items and then tell me how funny it was.

Sure this new CEO seems to being improving things, we even had 3 VUs in less than one week in contrast with one year (last year or maybe 2 years ago) when Christmas trees were still present in main cities and it was already March or even April.

This example of mask design downgrade is also another reason that makes me think they never played their game in full. Same with space vehicles. And so many other things.

To me the game started to die in 2012 when they though that would be a good idea to broke dreams and hopes to everyone with the introduce of loot caps on almost everything they called it modified loot. lol Again so funny.

Does anything makes sense here at all? People pay thousands of dollars for Space vehicles and you still need to go pm them or use external game sites to travel around space? The old line at Twins would make so much more sense. Why not make a event like system for travels around space? Why cut the legs on makeup designers? Why can i loss 100peds per hour but i can't win 10k in one loot? But then you see a guy hitting 400k+ peds? Volatility? Please dont say that word never again. Have anyone of the dev team went to try a Sand King and get a All Time Low (~1500ped)? If you go with ok dps to loss 150-200 peds is super normal. In one loot event? For real?

The game was so much cheaper to play back in 2008 - 2012, sure some unL gear was super expensive. For example 5B's plates were tt+150 or something when i started. I remember buying one each month with my little monthly depo but back then the game was also FUN! Oh and we didn't even had missions back then but it was FUN to play! Seeing ppl hitting 8k drones/argos made me think that it could be me next time. Now with ~ lvl 75 BLP i feel like i have much less chances to recover my lost peds. Good loots now only seems to be possible immediately after my monthly depo then it closes again until the next depo. Well that if there will be a next depo ever again.

You guys think about all those side projects like the deep token that i never really understood the point of it and the compet that in reality looked like a game for children and many other projects. From where that money came from? From us players of course!!

The compet could have worked if we could use ingame pets and skill them there on the mobile but that was never possible!? Why? Why release the game if we could not use our ingame pets on the mobile game? And why the pets have such a weak buffs? Of course because you can buy boxes that loot rings with much more powerful buffs from webshop a.k.a. fresh money for them. Why you think that they removed boxes on Sweden? Their own country? Stay silent dont call the authorities here let us still taking care of our players money like we did in the past. WTF they even had Castles at some point. There was so much money that they started to buy and sell real states instead of focus on the game that has given them all they had.

I bet if they were a casino for real they would be investigated and closed by now that's why they banned the boxes in their own country.

They say find your niche but then they come and they change everything to the point you can't play it anymore. Greed greed and more greed is what i see here. Sorry I had to vent out all those things.

Have a good day everyone!

Last edited:
Well they fixed the mining ATHs! :laugh:

The game was so much cheaper to play back in 2008 - 2012, sure some unL gear was super expensive. For example 5B's plates were tt+150 or something when i started. I remember buying one each month with my little monthly depo but back then the game was also FUN! Oh and we didn't even had missions back then but it was FUN to play! Seeing ppl hitting 8k drones/argos made me think that it could be me next time. Now with ~ lvl 75 BLP i feel like i have much less chances to recover my lost peds. Good loots now only seems to be possible immediately after my monthly depo then it closes again until the next depo. Well that if there will be a next depo ever again.

Have a good day everyone!

I agree that EU has a handful of issues that hopefully will be fixed now that wheels seem to be rollin', and the 400k HOF was ridiculous and should've been dished out differently, but if you expect to "recover lost peds" you're seeing things the wrong way. You sound like a casino guest trying to chase a big win after losing too much. EU = casino-like entertainment, with a few thin strategy layers and mob skins on top to conceal the bling bling machinery. It's up to you to learn cost control, bank roll management etc. (most people in casinos don't).

The * set has always been there and refered to as the 'Global' set. They show on all other sets.

No, sry to say but the * panel was here always and was where MA placed the keys like they want it.

We have the 1 to 9, accessed by F1 to F9 to store the keyboard layout like we want it.

Up to VU16 when you entered the edit mode it showed you the settings you where using at the moment you entered edit mode.
You always could go through the different layouts, including *, with the arrow icons in the top bar of the keyboard layout map.

So the same thing as with placing storage, Inventory or the bar of your vehicle, MA decides where they have to be and when you think they should be somewhere else MA will teach you who is in charge each time you try to move it somewhere else and will place it at the old spot next time again - who are you to doubt MA and their endless wisdom, they know it better than all their paying customers.

Same as with health bars, because they do not know how to disable them in PvP, to please some of their friends who like to leach others by killing them in lootable PvP, thy will do everything to not bring back the health bars.

PS: While they now change action on mouse buttons depending if you are in Aim or Cursor mode I have a suggestion for this expert who had this idea:
Why not change the mapping of the keys every time a avatar logs in, so we have the excitement to always check out what key does what action and when we finally have them arranged in a way we can use them you could crash the Client and change the layout again.
Irony on
Or even better make it depending of the direction the avatar is heading, one layout for avatar looking in each direction. I bet still then there will be some people who think MA found the best solution by that.
Irony off

According to MA, the changes in the last few weeks respond to the willingness to make the system easier and more intuitive for newcomers and to attract new players to the game.

Some say that the excessively disproportionate ATH of last week is some marketing method for the same purpose, attract new players...

Personally I could agree with any measure MA use to try to build a larger community as this would benefit us all.
What I do not like about all this is the maneuver that seems to pass unnoticed for most.
I wonder why this change in the speed of detection of fruits?
It seems clear that this has been deliberately designed to lower the price of fruit drastically.

"To me personally this benefits me as I am a regular fruit buyer ", but I am sure that the objective pursued by MA with this concrete change is not to benefit some few fruit buyers if not quite the opposite. Harm the vast majority of "newcomers " who found in the fruit collection an extra help to take their first steps in Entropia universe.

In conclusion, yes! MA wants more players, but only those with a clear pay-per-play profile.

It seems that MA does not understand that new players should stay in the game and not leave after a week.

MA also does not understand that a non-depositor player, usually becomes a player who does deposits after a few months playing.
Then the best bet would be to help the newcomers making things easier for them to play for free for a few months.

We all know that this is a very complicated game and that completely lacks proper instructions or tutorials and MA leaves this task to the mentors, which we are dedicating 90% of our gaming experience simply to teach our disciples.

The fact that 99% of the disciples leave the game after the second week of play makes us feel that we are wasting our time.

I will not talk about the stupid reward the mentor receives, because the good mentor performs his work for the pleasure of teaching and making new friends, even so, I dare say that 90% of the new players who stay in the game and become future depo-players is thanks to us! Then please MA, dont make it us that task harder!

Many of us not only devote a lot of time to teach the newcomers, but we also do video tutorials, blogs, guides etc... We invest a lot of time of our lives to try to create a larger community. This benefits a lot to MA and it seems that they do not take care at all of it and of us... In my case I can say I spend an average amount of near 20 ped for each disciple I take and only 10% of them reach the graduation day. Then I am literaly paying to take new players in game, and MA is literaly working to make my work harder and expensivier...

I founded a new soc 4 months ago, its 95% newcomers members, we are near 60 members, just 4 players was here before "Wisdom Sons" foundation day, then all others are recruited in the game by us, and they still here thanks our work, not thanks to MA, MA is just hindering our task and giving nothing back for our job...

MA continues to work on new ways to make this game a game impossible to play without depositing money in it. While the mentors continue to work just to the oposite, get the newcomers to stay in the game and someday become great players that may end up being Depo-players...

My suggestion to MA; Let them kids alone... :

-Do not break the price of fruits and stones.
-Create new blue-prints that use sweat or new chips that use Mind-essence as ammunition to raise the price of sweat.
-Do not break all the efforts of the community to help the newcomers as happened with the old nob oil rig at Icarus... (I know you wanted players burn a lot ammo int hat pvp zone... and you found a great effort of uber comunity organization to protect newcomers and give them the oprtunity to take some free pecs in oil. In result MA just destroyed all communty work! so ugly...)

Then hear what comunity needs, and provably you Will get a bigger bussines...
And think about what happens if some day all mentors stop dooing mentoring...

In no particular order...

¤ I can′t pick up fruits/stones/dung with right or left mouse click. Need to press F.

¤ Especially when on hilly terrain, my ava sinks into the ground up to his knees in what is supposed to be rock.

¤ When getting near a TP and hitting F the ava should stop. However it just runs on and on till it breaks away from the TP even on maximum target lock sensitivity.

¤ When changing direction towards a specified target, say storage, the ava should look at that target and not at the fixed white dot in the middle of the screen. Talk about looking stupid.

¤ Need an option to do away with the dot. When the dot is near to the ava it′s one main reason for uneasy and sick feeling because it is fixed and the ava bounces around. It also kills all aspects of 3D reality because it′s just an irritating dot ruining the whole picture, and not a crosshair which the brain computes in a quite dissimilar fashion.

¤ Hate to think that MA took away putting things on the ground and thus killing an important social aspect of the game just because it messed with the new camera/control system. Not worth that.

¤ Bring back walking backwards. That′s the normal thing people do, not turning 180 degrees on the spot in a whiff. Looks totally strange and artificial. Also kills the classical style of hunting.

¤ Still needs to be fixed that storage and inventory windows stay put where dragged to on the screen. No centering and no overlapping, please.

¤ Please fix swimming.

Last edited:
Back