Do you like the new Camera System? (Third Time′s A Charm Edition)

Do you like the new Camera System?

• Yes.

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • No.

Votes: 55 61.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOL. Wait a couple of months. It seems ridiculous doing surveys every day. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

LOL. Wait a couple of months. It seems ridiculous doing surveys every day. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well... couldn′t resist. :)

On a more serious note: Yes and no. This poll refers to the state of the camera system after the 16.0.3 patch. Again, multiple changes have been made.

Plus, who would deny Svarog popcorn. :yup:

It's getting better now.

What seems to be happening is - aim and cursor modes are drifting away from each other, with the former becoming more like 'typical FPS' and the latter more like 'typical RTS'. IMHO that's a good thing as one-size-fits-all solutions don't exist anyway regardless of what 'muss-adapt' crowd would tell you.

So, well, cursor mode is more or less OK. No opinion about aim mode as I'm not using it.

messi will understand my pain that still I cannot play and scratch my balls at the same time. Let me hunt only with mouse clicks.

funny that i'm getting the accidental aim mode happening more and more and its actually getting easier to shut it off. not that i'm not annoyed to death with it. sometimes i can't tell which mode i'm in. when i'm hunting i found i go into the detached camera mode for no idea why and it seems just fine and kind of looks ok. still it's wrecking the immersion all to hell. yet i feel it's all getting better.

Think this should have had 4 options, "I play in aim / cursor mode and like / don't like", because it appears that most of those who play in aim mode are pretty content with what they've got. But then those strange creatures always played their own strange game :silly2:

They made it worse for me again after 16.03, was kinda used to the changes before

Darwinism in action in a game: People need to adapt.

Alright I've decided to speak my peace on the matter..

Do I like the New system? The answer is an unresounding YWs,

but I know that some folks HATE the system.. and rightfully so, but then think about this..

Every situation or potential roadblock to your progression is really a challenge for a player to adapt and learn a new game style or a new approach to gaming. It's out there every day in the real world especially when you have to take a new route to work cause your usual route is being redone in order to imrpove thins.

That's the thing about surviving and behing a ble to survive even in game , you have to think up new strategies you have to come up with new ideas, and above all you have to learn to adapt..

And this is where Darwinism comes in.. You know.. "Survival of the fittest"

It's what Humanity should do and they should learn to adapt to any new situation thrown our way..

The problem I see, is i fact that people, especially gamers do not like change. They want everything to be the same, day in and day out, and that they don't want change. But this is where a solid as cement thinker doesn't have the ability to change unlike some of us who are fluid in our thinking.

That's the problem here with this being a real cash economy, an the logic behind this is that if I do thigs the same way everyday the same result will happen. and yet you see people say that this game is dynamic. In a manner of speaking it is dynamic but it's the players and their choices that make this game dynamic.

But people tend to think of the money first and foremost and not abut other things like getting missions done, or setting very realistic goals for their avatar. People in this game think about just the money and only the money, they don't enjoy it because they don't see the goals that are realistic and enjoyable..

and that is why they eventually quit. They lose focus on what they should be doing..And sometimes by people not sharing information with southerners make people like me curious and wonder.. "Is this mission worth it? Well the answer is plain and simple: You do the mission and note the reward and tell other people about it. You share your experience with others..and you try to be as flexible and fluid as you can in yur game processes.. you learn to adapt..

But It seems that a lot of players have a mindset where they tend to bang their head against a wall hoping that they get through it, instead, they usually end up with bblood in their eyes and a massive headache.. Me? I try to find ways to work around obstacles and to figure out new solutions.. If you can't go through a wall you can either go over it, (By Pole Vaulting) or dig under it, or find a hole in the wall and go through there.. Or you be popatient and let mother nature take it's course and eventually the swall collapses on itself.

But then that's another problem people lack.. patience.. in today's world of Gaming, Instant gratification seems to be the norm.. People want to be there now and not take their time to think things through. and that's where the head butting against the wall begins.. because people tend to act now to revive their instant gratification rather than to experience the joy of being able to say Look, I finished this mission, time to take on a new challenge..

The point I am making here is that people are strapped for time, they don't know what enjoyment is, they go out and see a movie and pay 25 bucks on it, and enjoy 90 minutes of actuation and adventure, then return to their normal humdrum lives..and this is what makes them humdrum and boring..

It's rather interesting that every day I come into game I come into the game with a set game plann. and if I am not feeling well or don't want to play that's my choice, I'm not being forced to play this gam, rather I'm coming in to enjoy a new experience..

With our culture now at a cross roads people tend to want the game to be adjusted to suit them, rather than being able to learn to adapt to the new situation handed them and in that response they usuwally throw their hands up in frustration and end up leaving saying that there's something better out there for me, I don't have to play this sill game. Then 2 or 3 years later they return and again they start asking questions, and that's the issue here... They don't know the hows or why it has changed.. and usually they start to beat their heads agains t the wall time and again and hope that their way is the right way when in reality it is not.

I recently talked to a psychologist about this in a very frank way and in fact she was curious as to why I play this game.. Is it for the money? I replied no. Is it for the fun? Again I said no.. She then asked me what I play the game for and I replied, "I do this game in order to learn." When she lookedat me with a confused look on her face I went on..

"Do I do this game for the money? No. Do I do it for the fun? Somewhat, but not always, Do I do this to learn? Absolutely eys. and then I sadded, I do this to survive and thrive.. and learn to adapt to survive and even to thrive.."

It was at that moment she realized what I was gettig at.. She then asked.

"Are you a survivor? I replied "Absolutely.. I've thought on my feet time and again to struggle through each days not knowing what it brings me, a lot of times I am not in control but I learn to adapt to take control of the situation and to learn from it, especially what to do and what NOT to do..

She then ended with.. "Well that's a very positive outlook, especially for you." I just laughed..

See, this is why People need to talk to people this is why they should share information and they should learn to adapt and to survive and thrive.. it's after all part of what Darwin said, it's survival of the fittest It's what humans should do it is what Humanity needs to do when the species as a whole learns it learns to adapt and thus survive and thrive..

and to think 65 million years ago, some tiny shrews decided to go undergrund and learn.. they survived an apocalypse that wiped out an entire species, and in fact over the history of the entire earth 90% of the species that esxisted do not exist.. some do still surivfe.. case in point.. the cockroach.. how does it survive? It learns to adapt.. to poisions to radiation and even to being squished by a foot.. somehow it survives and thrives (and you wonder why your house is filled with roaches? There's your answer Adaptability.)

In closeing I have to say this.. People really need to learn to adapt to think utside the box (or the gholdfish bowl or whatever contain their live in they need to learn how to accept the new changes given them and in gthe end, they might come to enjoy them.. In the end, it's the enjoyment of thriving and surviving that makes a person survive another day at work another dat with the wife and kids, another day with a loved pet.. In the end, without adaptability we ar as a species are a rather boring lot.. Enough said..

(Sgt. ) Benjamin Ben Coyote, IFN Marines,
A.K.A. "The blind Sniper" (And ) His_Dog _Spot

Some challenges are more fun than others... and for some of us, real life offers more than enough opportunity to adapt, which is part of the appeal of games: they're so much easier than life! ... and we excessively challenged individuals get to rest a bit. This could also be why the real cash component of EU is so nasty to deal with, because the cash is just real enough to offer challenges on par with those of real life. We got what we signed up for on that point :laugh:

I say no again, but I'll log in just once more to throw everything in the tt and my pay off. then ma can rebuild the game to your heart's content as you wish.

Although I like a few improvements I still had to vote NO!

Still no healthbars in sight
Still ground shaking like in an earthquate while extracting claims

Some serious lag issues with this VU, switching from finder to excavator took over 2min, I logged out imediately after less than 10 min playing.

There is no "Undecided" option, so I cannot vote. My plan is to not play until they get it finalized and thus save PED through inaction. :cool:

It was fine until this last patch and now in aim mode the sight follows the mob and if it is a small mob or short mob the sight is at my butt or lower. Also after the kill the sight snaps back up and the second F push sometimes does not loot the mob because it looses focus. I did post a couple of SS showing me with two dead mobs and shooting another.

I didn't vote, because the qestion is too vague.

I like alot some of new features of VU16, but I prefer old camera/point of view.

It's getting better now.

What seems to be happening is - aim and cursor modes are drifting away from each other, with the former becoming more like 'typical FPS' and the latter more like 'typical RTS'. IMHO that's a good thing as one-size-fits-all solutions don't exist anyway regardless of what 'muss-adapt' crowd would tell you.
So, well, cursor mode is more or less OK. No opinion about aim mode as I'm not using it.

I don't really agree whith this.
Cause it looks to me that about the camera itself, we have now only 3 fixed choices, when before we had a multitude.

Before this we could choose to put the camera exactly where we want it to be in 3rd person view, it's not possible anymore.

Last edited:
Think this should have had 4 options, "I play in aim / cursor mode and like / don't like", because it appears that most of those who play in aim mode are pretty content with what they've got. But then those strange creatures always played their own strange game :silly2:

You know I play in Aim mode most time, and that's not true that I'm happy whith what we've got now.

I said "great" for 16.0.2 cause it was better then.
Great for last hotfix, cause it was a bit better again.

But iMO VU16 was a disaster for 3rd person view.
So I said it also.

I don't like the view I'm forced to use now.. Really it's extremly frustrating.
This "flat" view, that makes you hunt seeing only the back of your avatar that hide the mob..
Don't even mention when there is alot of vegetation that hide the mob AND your avatar...

I'm pretty sure that ALOT, if not MOST people, who were used to hunt whith this view, are disapointed now.
But what can they do ?

Most people will not spend their time telling here. :wise:

I'm not sure if MA is aware that beta testing is like a job.
People don't login in order to work, but to play.

So most people don't tell anything, but they don't think less..

Blah blah.. And this is where Darwinism comes in.. You know.. "Survival of the fittest" Blah blah...

Damn, why I even answer this..? :scratch2:

Again a so smart message about "you have to adapt"..:rolleyes:

Think twice before you talk..
Darwin in a message related to a video-game ?.. Seriously ?

If you act like an adaptable chair, that's good, you are the best customer ever..
A nice maleable pawn that society can do what it want with.. :deal:

Things that humans being are using have to adapt to human needs.
Not the opposite. :wise:

I'm pretty sure that ALOT, if not MOST people, who were used to hunt whith this view, are disapointed now.
But what can they do ?

Well dont play and save a lot of money, as I actually do!

new_camera_system_poll_3.jpg

Ok, ok, I think they have heard the feedback, lets not do a 4th poll eh? :silly2:

entropia_2018-09-04_23.31.37.jpg

Let's just have hunting back as it used to be, and lets pretend this farce never happened. :yup:

Let's just have hunting back as it used to be, and lets pretend this farce never happened. :yup:

Dream on

They never played their own game, otherwise there wouldn´t have been that camera system.

We may complain forever, I dont think they care as long we still play and pay.

Vote with your wallets, thats the only thing they understand.

GoNi said:

right. I'm not playing anymore.

right. I'm not playing anymore.

Same here.

I tried a couple of days ago.
But simply can't be arsed to try to get my old settings back.

I take this update as a perfect opportunity to take an extended brake again.

Maybe I'll give it another try in 2020 again. :rolleyes:

It seams this "Camera Update" is not a "Camera Update" it is the dumbing down of the Interface to make it suitable for console style devices.

So please MA make a switch in the options to select Console style UI or Keyboard/Mouse UI and don't mess around with views and settings for Keyboard/Mouse any more and set them back to like they used to be before VU 16.

Then you can do all what you want with the console settings and let us use the settings we used for the last 5+ years.

You can please all the Fans of your new camera system and change them over and over again and again as they love it any way you set it up and we will use the settings we used and adapted to. This is a win win situation and certainly better than players going on hold, playing less, quitting etc.

Dream on

They never played their own game, otherwise there wouldn´t have been that camera system.

Totally agree and maybe even make a withdrawal so they know you mean it.

i do.
minus several hundred US$ per month for MA since VU16 from me. maybe ill buy another motorcycle for my collection from the savings.

i'm playing other games now, which comply with my preferred handling.

not WE have to adapt or die. we dont depend on playing PE.
if MA doesnt adapt, THEY will die. they depend on our money.

but maybe MA misunderstands the direction of this subjection...

Well dont play and save a lot of money, as I actually do!

Or in my case.Play a lot more now while others quit so you can earn more money on their weakness.
One can only lose when they stop playing.

Or in my case.Play a lot more now while others quit so you can earn more money on their weakness.
One can only lose when they stop playing.

Potato logic here. Whose money are you gonna earn/exploit now when there are very little people to fill the loot pool?

What is their weakness? Is it the money they spend on other things rather than entropia so they want to make MA to fix what they ruined?

They vote with their wallets, so do I. I do not deposit anymore, burn all my UA to be able to withdraw half of my money and buy other games with it. Where do you see weakness here?

It's MA who has never been more weak then now, not the players. Changed things that noone asked to change, ommited the most important questions in AMA, cannot even clearly say what is going to happen with their product in this year. Totally lost new sources of income like compet or deeptoken. It's MA who is weak now, not the players.

One can only really win when stop playing, more money for things that brings me fun after a hard day at job. Why should I support something that does not bring any joy anymore, I do not feel tha I am part of this community anymore.

Maybe when MA will be cut off from financial sources, they will reconsider their attitude towards their product and its users. If not, then whatever, they can sell EU or close the business. I don't care anymore.

Last edited:
They vote with their wallets, so do I. I do not deposit anymore, burn all my UA to be able to withdraw half of my money and buy other games with it. Where do you see weakness here?

that + you build enough in the system so far and at some point you should be able to get it back gradually.
When you stop you can't access any of that.

I am gonna burn 100% of my UA but withdraw approximately 50% of my total assets because they are liquid enough to do so. To withdraw remaining, I would have to spend time in game to sell my items and this is something I dont want to do now, I dont have additional time and enough will to play. I struggle when I hunt now. For now I feel like nobody wants to buy anything anyway.

I just hunt to burn the UA from strongboxes, but it makes me feel exhauststed. I feel kind of VU 16 fatigue now. I dont wanna spend more time in EU to sell all items. Not worth to, what I will withdraw will be more then I need anyway for new projects I want to get involved with.

gl and have fun with your play

Potato logic here. Whose money are you gonna earn/exploit now when there are very little people to fill the loot pool?

In the end, Messi will be playing around with his own invested money.

For him it's extremely important to have enough suckers in the game and he will do all he can to put the carrot in your face, telling you the sky is the limit just to keep you around.

And it makes sense.
Entropia does need ambassadors to promote entropia and stimulate other players.
The more the merrier, and the more chances it provides.

The problem with him though is that he lacks any empathy and is a total $@#.
But he can't help it. It's just who he is.

Just don't see him as ambassador but as a leech who sucked himself in a tight spot you can't reach to remove him.

Back