Would you like to see a mob counter to know how many mobs you killed on a run ?

Would you like to have a mob counter ?

• Yes I would

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No I would not

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
If you all read the VU notes when loot 2 was implemented it said that the loot would be based on many things like weapon, healing, armor and so on.

I think if we had a mob counter it would really help. If implemented you would now know:

1. Obviously the number of mobs killed
2. You would know what weapon you used
3. You armor
4. The amount of loot you received.
5. How much your FAP cost to use.

You could do 10 runs and record all the info and then change weapons, armor, heals and so on. Then and do another 10 runs. Obviously they would be similar weapons for the same mob but you could see a lot of results and make a the best choice for that mob.

If you are killing despleator stalkers it not going to make a big diff because you will use as big as you have:) But on a kerrby then you would many choices.

When MA changed to reporting different hits and misses I said I did not see how that could possibly help but someone said the more info the better, I have not changed my mind on the value of type of hit but what said is true, if you know how to use it.

In theory that would be alot more then just a mob counter.
If it supposed to remember the weapon, armor, fap used . Add to that the loot recieved it would be more like a sort of hunting tracker.

Now a mob counter would be good imo, cause there are alot of people who think they kill alot of mobs but in actualety kill alot less then they think. I was one of them and realised this when i started tracking my hunts.

So for me, yes i would like a mob counter but just that. Tracking all that other stuff i think will put alot of stress on the servers. (i think, not at all a tech guy here )

killed mobs counters its a great idea that we need :)

Im used to take care of it using the misision traker, but some time there is no misión for some mobs and other times the mission is based on killpoints, that last thing makes harder to count the killed mobs in a run.

Just finally implement the loot in chat outside of teams, and 3rd party tracking apps will sort out the rest, including the mob counters, all without resorting to OCR.

In theory that would be alot more then just a mob counter.
If it supposed to remember the weapon, armor, fap used . Add to that the loot recieved it would be more like a sort of hunting tracker.

Now a mob counter would be good imo, cause there are alot of people who think they kill alot of mobs but in actualety kill alot less then they think. I was one of them and realised this when i started tracking my hunts.

So for me, yes i would like a mob counter but just that. Tracking all that other stuff i think will put alot of stress on the servers. (i think, not at all a tech guy here )

Keeping track of the other thing would be great but really we can do that ourselves and I don't want to ask for too much else MA says no:).

Just finally implement the loot in chat outside of teams, and 3rd party tracking apps will sort out the rest, including the mob counters, all without resorting to OCR.

Don't know what you are talking about but please tell me more, all the more you have :)

Don't know what you are talking about but please tell me more, all the more you have :)

If we get loot message in chat window, its easy to code a tracker that reads out the chatlog file, collecting all that data for you.
Including mob counter, loot collected, aso aso.

The problem here is just, that this tracker does not see what mob you shoot, so if you shoot different mobs in mixed spawns it wont work, and therefor give wrong data :)

Easy solution would be, dont hunt in mixed spawns.

Anyways:
Cant care less, dont need a mob counter, but would be a nice additional feature if we get that.

If we get loot message in chat window, its easy to code a tracker that reads out the chatlog file, collecting all that data for you.
Including mob counter, loot collected, aso aso.

The problem here is just, that this tracker does not see what mob you shoot, so if you shoot different mobs in mixed spawns it wont work, and therefor give wrong data :)

Easy solution would be, dont hunt in mixed spawns.

Anyways:
Cant care less, dont need a mob counter, but would be a nice additional feature if we get that.

I wrote an extensive Visual Basic program. Did everything including hits, misses, total skill point in every category. Had a search function for any string of letters, numbers or what ever. Very extensive, just one problem, no mob name and if you forget to delete your chat file you get 2 or 3 or 4 runs all in one and forget what your were hunting.

I always find it interesting that whenever I see a suggestion like this always a couple of people say "Oh, you can do this or that and problem solved" ? A lot of people can not do that because they don't know how, and even if they did, which I do, there is not all the info I want in the chat file. Why not have the source (MA) do it and then it would be complete.
Who knows if the they decide to they make even ask us for suggestions.

I had this same idea a year ago, so I created a web application for the task! (Works great on the phone too!)..for free. :)

My website has a hunting tracking application that does this specifically and tracks overall returns. And it now is updated to the latest wiki information!

I use it a lot and a few other users as well seem to really be enjoying it.

This is just a shell for automated entry with my .exe, which is not complete yet, and NOT needed for the web app as is. Working on computer vision to extract all of the info out of screenshots now, including AI that identifies which mob you are killing, as you kill it (screenshot 6).....this is why I havn't been on Twitch! :)

The tracking .exe in the works now:
The log is quite powerful for use with multiple logs, keywords, highlighting ect!
So can save profiles for soc chat, rookie chat, trade keywords (looking for an item?), trade chat monitoring, or dps or whatever you want!
tracks DPS data + costs of use (can even tell if using arson or normal weapon!) from the log
updated to servers every minute- see the 5th thumbnail
screenshots and global updates for all professions, Mining deed tracking (hopefully with maps of claims, I have a mining tracker on the site in place as well!)

I don't want to release the .exe until a few more features are in place, and I figure out how to get approval from MA.

But for now at least, you can track the mission points via the web app, which will auto populate in entry when I get around to it....just shit tons of code for one guy and not nearly enough time.

Eventually I would love to have this application tell you which mobs how many and what you looted....on a per kill basis. So eel free to use it , and If I can figure it out...it will come.

Last edited:
I already mentioned that even with loot in chat the mob info is missing.

A mob counter cant solve that problem aswell.

Think about it, you have your counter and it tells you that you have killed 1000 Atrox, yeah but what maturity, was it youngs or stalkers, was it only stalkers or have there been some prowlers and old alphas in between.

What if the spawn is mixed, f.e. you want to track a fugabarba hunt at winter park, there is no clean spawn, there is other mobs around like snarksnots and hyriuu.

So your counter may give you something like 50 Fugabarbas (daily mission), 10 Hyriuu, 26 Snarksnots.

Well not very usable for any analysis, as you dont have maturity nor any seperation of loots to mobs.

A counter alone is fairly useless aswell the pure loot information in chatfile would be fairly useless without mob and maturity info.

About the several runs tracked, depends on the tool you use.

If you just read the chatfile after a hunt, you have the problem of old data (if not deleting chatfile at start), totally agree!
If coded like EL tracker, which reads out in the background at the moment the chatfile gets updated, then you dont run into old data, even if you dont create new chatlog file.

So a real analysis is damn lot of work we have to do by manually.

Mob counter can make that a little easyer but if you want really good data there is no way around manual counting.

To generate exact analysis automated it needs much more than just a mob counter and a loot tracker.

It needs mob counter / maturity and loot tracker / mob and maturity, beside that you would need exact cost tracking / mob also seperated to maturity. Speak we would need loot in chat with info about mob and maturity killed and we would need the information of weapons used and number of attacks to kill that specific mob (think about switching weapons, f.e. a finisher and long range tagger).
What about defence cost / mob.
What armor, what plates, hit counter. Chatlog does not give correct data on deflected, it just tells you that your armor absorbed all the damage but not the exact damage. If you have 50 protection and deflected, was the hit 45 or 35 or 49, so more and more and more problems arise the longer you think about it.

Even worse for healing costs, as you dont heal on every mob that deals damage, so to what mob do you count the healing costs?

Does MA really want us to have that detailed statistics at all?

How detailed do you want your own statistics?

As said it would be a nice feature to have a mob counter for those who want it.
Its useability to make detailed statistics is questionable, so I cant care less.

Think about it, you have your counter and it tells you that you have killed 1000 Atrox, yeah but what maturity, was it youngs or stalkers, was it only stalkers or have there been some prowlers and old alphas in between.

What if the spawn is mixed, f.e. you want to track a fugabarba hunt at winter park, there is no clean spawn, there is other mobs around like snarksnots and hyriuu.

So your counter may give you something like 50 Fugabarbas (daily mission), 10 Hyriuu, 26 Snarksnots.

Well not very usable for any analysis, as you dont have maturity nor any seperation of loots to mobs.

A counter alone is fairly useless aswell the pure loot information in chatfile would be fairly useless without mob and maturity info.

If you just read the chatfile after a hunt, you have the problem of old data (if not deleting chatfile at start), totally agree!
If coded like EL tracker, which reads out in the background at the moment the chatfile gets updated, then you dont run into old data, even if you dont create new chatlog file.

Mob counter can make that a little easyer but if you want really good data there is no way around manual counting.

To generate exact analysis automated it needs much more than just a mob counter and a loot tracker.

It needs mob counter / maturity and loot tracker / mob and maturity, beside that you would need exact cost tracking / mob also seperated to maturity. Speak we would need loot in chat with info about mob and maturity killed and we would need the information of weapons used and number of attacks to kill that specific mob (think about switching weapons, f.e. a finisher and long range tagger).
What armor, what plates, hit counter. Chatlog does not give correct data on deflected, it just tells you that your armor absorbed all the damage but not the exact damage. If you have 50 protection and deflected, was the hit 45 or 35 or 49, so more and more and more problems arise the longer you think about it.

Even worse for healing costs, as you dont heal on every mob that deals damage, so to what mob do you count the healing costs?

Its useability to make detailed statistics is questionable, so I cant care less.

Didn't read all way too much info, It would help for at least one reason, you know how many you killed and how much loot when you cash in. I am not sure about others but I hunt one mob at time to see what gives me the best loot. I would never go out in world and just kill anything that comes along. If you do then right it would not help that much.

... I would never go out in world and just kill anything that comes along. If you do then right it would not help that much.

So often it's about effort of implementation versus benefit. The simplest counter would simply be a mission which counts kills and would benefit anyone who wants to check at the beginning and end of a run.

When doing thousands of carabok, I used to reset the 10k mission at the end each time just so I could have a carabok counter. I thought about it for the 10k argo too, but decided to take the reward on that one.

More complicated counters could be more useful for sure, or some kind of txt chat markers for small external programming etc, or getting solo loots to be written to a txt with an identifier and not just team loots (as release notes a while back at least suggested but didn't work?).
I'd still be happy for just the simplest version, though.

if you forget to delete your chat file you get 2 or 3 or 4 runs all in one and forget what your were hunting.
I made also a VBP in the past, after each run I executed it, and it would split it into different files with skill gains, damage done, damage taken, heals to calculate the uses, and cost and so on.
And that would be imported into a spreadsheet when opening it.
And at the end of the run it also did delete the chat.log
So you would not forget about that. ;)

So often it's about effort of implementation versus benefit. The simplest counter would simply be a mission which counts kills and would benefit anyone who wants to check at the beginning and end of a run.

When doing thousands of carabok, I used to reset the 10k mission at the end each time just so I could have a carabok counter. I thought about it for the 10k argo too, but decided to take the reward on that one.

More complicated counters could be more useful for sure, or some kind of txt chat markers for small external programming etc, or getting solo loots to be written to a txt with an identifier and not just team loots (as release notes a while back at least suggested but didn't work?).
I'd still be happy for just the simplest version, though.

I agree perfectly just a counter would be great.

I made also a VBP in the past, after each run I executed it, and it would split it into different files with skill gains, damage done, damage taken, heals to calculate the uses, and cost and so on.
And that would be imported into a spreadsheet when opening it.
And at the end of the run it also did delete the chat.log
So you would not forget about that. ;)

That was nice one, I displayed most of the stuff on screen, didn't do much SSs but I have one now that I record just the money decay etc, I am 3292 runs and shows my net gain or loss.

At the time I wrote mine I did not realize that if you deleted the chat file it would just be recreated when the game opened and I had like chat1, chat2 that were empty so I could just rename them and go.:lolup:

That was nice one, I displayed most of the stuff on screen, didn't do much SSs but I have one now that I record just the money decay etc, I am 3292 runs and shows my net gain or loss.

At the time I wrote mine I did not realize that if you deleted the chat file it would just be recreated when the game opened and I had like chat1, chat2 that were empty so I could just rename them and go.:lolup:

It think renaming is the better solution, as all past data which is stored in the chatlog is lost the moment it is deleted.

If you have new ideas what to get out of old chat files you still can run through your old renamed logs, which simply is no longer possible if it is deleted.

It think renaming is the better solution, as all past data which is stored in the chatlog is lost the moment it is deleted.

If you have new ideas what to get out of old chat files you still can run through your old renamed logs, which simply is no longer possible if it is deleted.

I agree but as I recall I think I saved the data to file but not sure its been so ago. I know I did not store the mob for sure as I only hunted one mob at a time but it was always a long time:)

This would be just plain useful!

I really wonder why anyone would vote no. If you wouldn't like then it don't turn it on as my suggestion is it to be an option. Guess there is one in every crowd. To me it is kind of like, free medical care for children under age 3 funded by the doctors no tax dollars, completely free, and one person says no because he does not have any children under 3,

I'd rather have MA list the loot in the system console chat log and allow us to process it externally. The less MA plays with the interface, the better off we are.

So, I voted no..

Gee-wiz Goni give it a rest you already made you point once. Not to be rude but why would you even care, according to tracker you are much more a crafter than hunter, like twice as much in loot in crafting than hunting and you have been here a long time, like 11 years. Just saying.

Last edited:
Back