Achievement: Finally Unlocked the worst profession ever in EU :laugh:

SnowingMoon

Guardian
Rebecca Snow Taylor
Entropia-2019-03-10-15-37-02.jpg

so ya, why do i said mentoring is the worst prof ever in EU? here are my 2 reasons :laugh:

1) Someone must lose so that others will win.

ya i think EU is a zero sum game like the stock market, someone must pay decay for MA and the lootpool. Each newbie that goes to learn how to play the game and lose less means less loot from the upstarting 6 months player to the uber that invest thousands of dollars on weapons. Some people might see this just as a game but some also see this as an investment, it is a real cash economy after all. Helping someone means indirectly hurting yourself and the rest of the pbase, as strange as it may sound :/.

2) There is little incentive in mentoring

3 of my last graduated disciples were really nice people, but they didnt really understand the game. It was quite clear that unless i started to teach them how to play it, they wouldn't last past 20%. Past those few disciples though the rest are kind of a different story. A lot of disciples i used to have who played EU all has this misconception that depositing is some kind of a taboo and its easy to make money in the game. Personally many years back someone told me that Eu is a game you can make a living on in an oldschool MMO forum so i can't really blame them :p.

You are bound to have a few who called you a scammer just because you asked them to deposit, you are also bound to have people who decided to play uneco and not listen to your advice tossing everything in the tt and then end up having a very bad impression of EU. And then you have the professional scammers who are prob an alt, i was told in rookie chat someone who had 100% progress was given a qr100 ep1 bp to graduate from manufacturing only to be never seen or heard again. :mad: i was personally kicked out of mentoring at 60% personally, time is money, and the opportunites i lost from wasting time explaining to missing out on shared event loots is not cheap,
the hunter mentor parts and the odd skill pills i get wasnt even enough to cover what i gave most of them :laugh:

To be fair to some of them, they also had mentors that simply just didn't care, but responsibility in my opinion goes in both ways, so i guess maybe some of the mentors acted the way they did. Still it wasn't so bad though, a couple my last amazing disciples ended up influencing me a bit and help me changed the way i played the game :laugh: i guess even they can teach you things you do not know sometimes :ahh:

Anyway it seems a lot of negative ranting but given that this is one of the best achievement i can say i got in EU so bear with me plz :p. At least i feel better a bit ranting now :p

Gratz! Tought i'd see mentoring when i clicked this, and i did. :yay:

Back