Item Lock Checkbox

Bones

Elite
In the Refrigerator, Behind the Mayonnaise, Next t
Society
Skillin Villains
Bare BareBones Bones
After long day of life , I finished off my day with a small ambu hunt.
I repaired all items and cleaned up loots , then logged for the night

Today I went to do my daily Oratan payback mission on Arkadia , and as I went to heal .. nothing .. nothing .. what the hell .. nothing.. used alt fap to heal , then looked through keyboard map.

My lovely adj resto was not there.

Evidently during the previous nights cleanup , I must have stuck it into the TT when getting rid of extra synth from my hunt.

I think many know this feeling , despair , punch in the gut .

With all the nag screens and more added now for shrapnel , is it possible that we could get a checkbox to lock items for which for no possible reason would we ever want to sell to a TT.

The Restoration chips cannot be tiered , so this nag screen that says "HEY DUMBASS .. THAT'S A TIER 11 ITEM YOU ARE ABOUT TO SELL". Instead you get the standard , "do you want to sell this item that is the same as all other of the 500 items you TT in a day".

Then comes the support case to beg for forgiveness and paying the $100 for the privilege of being a paying customer for 13 years.

When you receive the reply for your support case , there it is , the nag screen .. LISTEN DUMBASS .. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS CHECK BEFORE ACCEPTING ALL SALES WITH THE TRADE TERMINAL.

If indeed the the $100 is an administration fee for the inconvenience of being a customer , would it not make more sense to add a checkbox to eliminate this inconvenience to MindArk staff ?

I have written this knowing that it will end up in the pile of other requests for this exact same issue. I do not expect a response from Mindark on this subject matter and hope it does not slow the "restore" process for which I have requested.

This is not a petition , wishlist , it is a rant

Bones

1k ped lighter than yesterday

Agh :(

Item lock has been requested for years and is well overdue. And surely easy to implement. Come on MA, do it.

Thats asked for a thousand times by many different players, but obvioulsy MA is more interested in fucking up things with a new camera system (nobody asked for) instead implementing such an very easy to implement improvement hundrets of players actually asked for.

I would really like to see it, although it never happend to me that I TTed something by accident, I surely would use it too.

Yes please! I've yet to hurt myself at the TT - there are several things I wish I hadn't loaned to disciples and former soc mates - just the ones who have since quit the game - but that's another story.
And while I'm on other stories, can we please get rid of the nag screen that confirms every conversion of shrapnel? Maybe once, the first time a newbie tries to convert, but please not 200 times per hunt... :eyecrazy:

Is it going to be on by default?

No please not lock by default, have you ever thought the consequences if it is by default.

Ever done a 1000 clicks craft on any item just to skill or drop BPs where the product is pure TT food (Jester D1 f.e.).

I really dont want that I have to unlock 1000+ items after a craft to be able to TT it.

I want to lock a few items, thats not many to be honest - FAP, Armor, Weapon, Finder and thats it.

A lock by default would be really evil!

Nothing comes for free in EU (more or less :silly2: ) so I guess it could be fixed
by open up tiersystem some.
Let us have a slot for 0-0.9 where we can put an enhancer which have one purpose
only: lock item from trade. This enhancer should be really cheap to craft and/or have
a deterioration that is 1/10 of ordinary enhancers. Item should stop working when only
one enhancer is attached, so we are aware of that they are running out of amount.
Sure, I don't mind a free checkbox but doubt it would come, sadly.

Reactions: Ted
No please not lock by default, have you ever thought the consequences if it is by default.

Ever done a 1000 clicks craft on any item just to skill or drop BPs where the product is pure TT food (Jester D1 f.e.).

I really dont want that I have to unlock 1000+ items after a craft to be able to TT it.

I want to lock a few items, thats not many to be honest - FAP, Armor, Weapon, Finder and thats it.

I agree, it was meant more as a rhethorical question. It will hardly solve the original problem though, imo, because too many will forget or never become aware before it's too late of a setting they need to activate first. Hence my suggestion with disabling TT for all unlimited items and putting an out-of-the-way scrapyard npc for it instead (s. link above).

On the other hand, don't you use Auto Sell when crafting tt-food? ;)

Nothing comes for free in EU (more or less :silly2: ) so I guess it could be fixed
by open up tiersystem some.
Let us have a slot for 0-0.9 where we can put an enhancer which have one purpose
only: lock item from trade. This enhancer should be really cheap to craft and/or have
a deterioration that is 1/10 of ordinary enhancers. Item should stop working when only
one enhancer is attached, so we are aware of that they are running out of amount.
Ingredients: Vibrant Sweat. :wtg:
Even better, just make auto-sell cancel automatic locking.

On the other hand, don't you use Auto Sell when crafting tt-food? ;)

No I dont use autosell, I record some things for statistics.
With autosell I would miss some data, f.e. the real success rate I have had in the run.

No I dont use autosell, I record some things for statistics.
With autosell I would miss some data, f.e. the real success rate I have had in the run.

Ah ok, so what is that you record? Amount of residue and tt-value of item?

AWESOME solution!!!!! :yay: Joat4Prez!!!! :yay:

Edit: IMO it would be even better if this LOCK enhancer did not decay at all...

Last edited:
Update To my nightmare

Hello , just a update to show the process of getting an item returned after TT'ing it , and the frustration to get it returned.

I will show my support case , and I in no way put any blame on the fine professionals that deal with distressed players on a daily basis.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

History for support case 369835:

2019-03-10 17:55 You wrote:

hello
I believe i sold my adjusted restoration chip sometime during March 10 2019 . I do not have an exact time as I had noticed it the following morning.
Please return this item to me.
I have peds ready to return this item
I would please ask that Mindark give players the ability to lock items. Life can be very stressful and mistakes made while exhausted , please help your players not be stressed in their gameplay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019-03-10 17:59 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi BareBones,

Thank you for reporting.

We can verify that you sold a Adjusted Restoration Chip to the Trade Terminal on 2019-03-10 03:46:14. You should always carefully check the receipt before you accept to sell items to the Trade Terminal.

Replacing items sold to the Trade Terminal is not part of our regular service. You may request the recreation and return of an accidentally recycled item, but we will then charge you an administration fee of 1000 PED plus the Trade Terminal value of the item.

The total amount will be 1048 PED.

Kind regards,
Jeff | Entropia Universe Support

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019-03-10 18:17 You wrote:

I will accept the cost to restore my item.

And I do have a plan to check my sell windows , but as I stated , life is complicated and tiring at times and mistakes happen.

What I would appreciate is a plan on the part of Mindark to create a lock for items to save your customers from this inconvenience.

Please restore my items so I may continue my daily gaming.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019-03-11 19:01 You wrote:

Hello
I would like to know when you will recreate and return the Restoration chip to my inventory. I have the sufficient funds waiting.

Thank you

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019-03-12 11:13 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi BareBones,

Thank you for replying.

Please place the PED into your carried inventory so that we can replace it with the item in question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

2019-03-12 17:31 You wrote:

Hello
The required peds are now in my carried inventory , please move my chip so I may play now.

Thank you

You can see from my first post that I was ready to pay the fee's involved , and am still unsure as to where the 1048 ped is to be placed , other than in my inventory. So now I have placed 1048 ped in my inventory tab of carried , and 1048 peds are on my pedcard waiting for the trade-off.

My confusion is my own and I do not blame Mindark for it. What I do hold Mindark responsible is the lack of understanding when it comes to resolving this issue before it happens.

Numerous pleas from the community have been ignored and I cannot even imagine how many people have been disgusted and have just plain left after tt'ing items that are not worth the 1k ped administrative fee , to return.

Over the years I personally have tt'd 2 a101 amps during cleanup and repair. After the second was lost I put in place a double check procedure that had up to this incident worked for the past few years or so. It is just human nature to get accustomed to procedures and not even realize you are performing them blindly. And as I had previously commented , the Adjusted Restoration chip cannot be tiered so there is no enhancer to be locked to it to give it that extra layer of protection as weapons or other tools are given.

Hopefully tomorrow I can report that this process is complete.

Thank you for listening

Bones

My nightmare is over

Finally I am at ease , my Restoration Chip is safely back in my inventory.

Thank you Mindark support for your professionalism.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019-03-13 11:02 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi BareBones,

Thank you for contacting us.

We have now replaced the PED with your [Adjusted Restoration Chip].

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now if you could safeguard our investments by implementing an (optional) lock , to safeguard our prized items.

Thank you

Bones

Back