Controls help

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi
I logged in after a few months and I was aware the new update had changed the controls. Most seem straight forward but can't find a few things I used to use.
1. How do I set my mouse wheel to scroll from 1st to 3rd person view of avatar?

2. How do I do the click in the distance and a green arrow would appear for my avatar to run to?

3. How do I change the sights HUD? Its just a white dot at the moment?

Cheers
Bjorn

welcome back

1) check out the new camera settings in options menu

2) not possible anymore

3) not possible anymore

someone mentioned in chat the other day about the run/walk options. Q key is the key I think they mentioned. Hit it first before R. Then I think you can swap run to walk and vice versa hitting Q again. C and Z for rotate still work.

V key is the button that swaps you from first person to third. In third you can get the camera to move real far back with some option sliders.

Also, if you having trouble pressing on the icons:
You press escape so you get the cursor on the screen you mean? There is an action "cursor mode" for that, on ALT by default.

My mapping of select next from before the change is still on space bar, and old mapping of autotool is on b key. Now the B key is one use, F key is the regular do everything/autotool (old way for me was space for select next, b for autotool, v for loot. Now it's just space for select next and then f continuously unless I just want to kill everything in sight, in which case it's F always)... the select next (or whatever it is called now) still works nicely for picking a mob before you hit F key.

1) Camera settings>Allow scroll to change mode.

2) Click to move was removed.

3) Can not change or hide Crosshairs anymore.

This system was built from the ground up. If there are things missing or you think should be changed or at least have an option for, post feedback in release notes.

At least we can customise our key mapping. I'm using the action library to gradually re-add the things I need on the keys I am used to.

Interesting little story. A "hunter", grinding a mob for hours, on some planet. During this grind, he tags one, some distance behind another, directlly in front. The mob get little stuck on other mob , but still keeps comming. Not one single "unreachable" promting, and all shots hit. The mob dies not reaching the hunter close enough but still out of loot range. But instantlly, as the mob dies, POOF! , slight flash, as from above, mob gone and no looting. next mob autotagged and hunt proceeds for little bit. ( That flash was a millisecond, but the hunters sight, caught it. he is spooked and afraid to depo and spend money playing now.)

Now imagine that one mob was a Uber-Hof? If only the hunter had recorded this incident, it wouldve been Golden:girl:

It would be interesting to know, if anyone else here, have encountered something simular or the same.

Mindark, we exploit you, so you wont have to, even by accident:)

Last edited:
Hi ;)

some of u might not know this but mouse movement is still somewhat possible what u do is u hold the right mouse button keep holding it and left click once this will make the avatar move until u let go of the right mouse button .. just move the mouse around to change direction etc .. well it works for me hope this helps ;)

ps hmm seems to also work opposite way round or holding both left and right mouse buttons same time lol

JJ

I've noticed that when I right-click on a mob I'm shooting, the gun "locks" to it.
( Ok, that's muscle memory from when right-clicking did more useful things )

But how to I unlock it ? At the moment, I seem to have to unequip all weapons ( changing weapons you're still locked to the mob ) to get out of that trap.

Is there an easy or "proper" way ? I've tried all the usual options ( right-click again, left click, Esc key etc. )

I've noticed that when I right-click on a mob I'm shooting, the gun "locks" to it.
( Ok, that's muscle memory from when right-clicking did more useful things )

But how to I unlock it ? At the moment, I seem to have to unequip all weapons ( changing weapons you're still locked to the mob ) to get out of that trap.

Is there an easy or "proper" way ? I've tried all the usual options ( right-click again, left click, Esc key etc. )
Left clicking the ground worked for me... another helpful thing in this situation is "Step Back" (S) to cancel auto use. My old habitual solution to this doesn't work anymore either.

Back