Who's the boss ?

~ Cirrus ~

Prowler
I'm not very familiar with the workings of business in general, and I don't care so much..

But to me, the owner of a business is the one who decides.

"SEE" didn't buy the game few years ago ?

https://www.engadget.com/2011/01/27/see-buys-planet-calypso-for-6-million-talks-with-massively-for

So they own the game ?

In this case, do you really think MA can do whatever they want whith the game, or they just have to follow the instructions of SEE ? :deal:

SEE looks pretty mysterious to me, didn't find much about them on internet, almost nothing.

The recent changes (few years) of the game looks mysterious to me also, in the way that it seems they follow an "agenda" that MA wants to keep "secret".

So that's why I'm wondering about that.. :confused:

The sale was aborted:

(...)
2011 – Planet Calypso sale 6 Million USD
SEE Virtual Worlds proposes to buy Planet Calypso for 6 million USD, MindArk after investigation and negotiations decided not to sell Planet Calypso.
(...)

in Mindark

The deal with SEE was aborted. It's due to that we have CLDs... ;)

The sale was aborted:

in Mindark

Oh, didn't know that, thx. :)
Then that's weird every report about that say "has been sold".

So from MA, they cancelled the 6M$ sell, and right after they introduced CLD for a total of 6M$, that makes sense.

Then it's good to know that MA takes decisions, and that every mistake is on their own fault.. :rolleyes:

So from MA, they cancelled the 6M$ sell, and right after they introduced CLD for a total of 6M$, that makes sense.
Edited - If I remember correctly the original sale would have been for all of Caly and other assets of FPC. Players ended up with a lot less for 6m, namely revenue rights for half of Caly I think... [half of the half revenue that FPC got, or something like that. MA already got a big share which they did not give up either].

Last edited:
Back